homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: What I did on shore leave (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: What I did on shore leave
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who stooped the lowest in efforts to self-medicate due to effects of posting withdrawal? And why should we allow you back onboard now?

[ 10. March 2003, 01:33: Message edited by: Erin ]

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was embarassed by the new feature which names visitors to the Ship. [Paranoid]

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I edited lots of 16th century poetry and helped dispose of the European gin mountain.

What European gin mountain you ask?

Exactly. [Big Grin]

L.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Willyburger

Ship's barber
# 658

- Posted      Profile for Willyburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I spent time browsing a very large Christian site based here in the States. Lots of ooey-gooey fellowship and exhortation. [Roll Eyes] Not much to challenge the brain. Any post in that direction usually earns one a 'scriptural' admonition. [Snore] Very un-Ship-like.

--------------------
Willy, Unix Bigot, Esq.
--
Why is it that every time I go out to buy bookshelves, I come home with more books?

Posts: 835 | From: Arizona, US | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
AndT
Shipmate
# 1901

- Posted      Profile for AndT   Author's homepage   Email AndT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I graduated

[Snore]

which was nice

and

--------------------
and

"Concepts create idols. Only wonder grasps anything." st.G-o-N

Posts: 142 | From: Swansea/Surrey | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stayed up too late playing Black and White. Naughty David!

But on the plus side I got sunburnt at the Gay Pride Festival in DC last week, and joined a bear club! [Smile]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy*

Jedi defender of ship's cats
# 1059

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy*   Email jedijudy*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I stayed in the bar, and helped to found SOFA.
(Ship Of Fools Anonymous)
And put feathers and squirty cream on the men-folk. [Devil]

jj

--------------------
ENFP...do you see a "T" anywhere??? I don't think so.

Posts: 3248 | From: Soon to be inhabiting identity # 333!!! | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I sat on my front porch and drank gin and read trashy novels.

When small children got too close, I threw rocks at them.

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I worked my butt off w/out appreciation for a company that thinks we all should be making here in the Silicon Valley the same as the folks in Texas make (yeah, right!), and getting surly.
So watch out!! [Devil]

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mysticlisa

Ship's seer
# 2867

- Posted      Profile for mysticlisa   Author's homepage   Email mysticlisa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I groomed my dog... well... I almost finished.

~owner of a very hairy Lhasa Apso, lisa [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"More things are wrought by prayer
than this world dreams of."
-Alfred Lord Tennyson

Posts: 483 | From: my laptop | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Shoehorn with Teeth

Laughing Vulcan
# 2420

- Posted      Profile for Shoehorn with Teeth   Email Shoehorn with Teeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I tried to glean enough intellectual stimulation from movies and Sunday school to keep my brain happy.
I ate all the ice cream I could.
I annoyed my sister.

You got a problem with that? [Paranoid]

Posts: 483 | From: crowded house | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miss_Molly

Toujours gai
Beloved
# 2339

- Posted      Profile for Miss_Molly   Email Miss_Molly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I strolled the docks every day. I wistfully read the log, a fair copy of which is kept in the Virtual Admiralty building. By careful rationing, I still had some of kerygmania to read when the wigwags signalled that the ship had been sighted in the Channel, headed for Shelmerston!

--------------------
"I come from a state that raises corn, and cockleburrs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me"

Congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver at a naval banquet in Philadelphia, 1899

Posts: 1242 | From: home | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My house is lovely and tidy. The washing basket is empty and the only ironing to be done is the stuff that was dried yesterday. My garden is no longer a jungle.

How ever my computer died just before the ship went off-line, and because of the bank holidays it took over a week before all the parts came to re-build. (Well actuall all that remains of the old computer is the DVD, the CD cutter, and the floppy drive.)

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I watched lots and lots of football.

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I played - wait for it - Solitaire.

When I had done that ad nauseam, I played Free Cell.

And now I am moving on to TV... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Machine Elf

Irregular polytope
# 1622

- Posted      Profile for The Machine Elf   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I went to the south of England and got rained on for a week, except for the two fairs I went to (Kingston Green Fair with Chukovsky, and Strawberry Fair with some other friends and relations).

Then I grew a beard.

TME

--------------------
Elves of any kind are strange folk.

Posts: 1298 | From: the edge of the deep green sea | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got rained on in the south of Italy.

No really.

I was therefore forced to spend lots of time inside listening to talks on infants' brains and lots of time in the bar discussing infants' brains, and discovering that grappa is not good for mine.

Then I got home and discovered exactly how much I have to do before I leave for Kenya in a week's time.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I posted elsewhere [Frown] , chatted in the cafe, surfed the web for O.T commentaries (yes, really - could we have a halo smilie, please, hosts)and wrote. [Sunny] [Sunny]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I tried hard to hide from the Jubilee - very difficult given that our chruch turned royalist on the Sunday (nearly walked out in protest [Flaming] )
Tried to avoid the world cup but gave up. Even I've taken to shouting at the TV for England to score [Sunny]
Spent some time on single sites trying to find out if there are any interesting 40 something single males out there with similar interests - failed miserably [Frown] (most want Kylie look alikes to breed with [Wink] )
Got "squiffy" at the Globe, Brentford a couple of times to commiserate - good place for live music by the way [Big Grin]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clíona
Shipmate
# 2035

- Posted      Profile for Clíona   Email Clíona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I co-founded SOFA with jedijudi, smudgie and jon in the cafe and had a pillow-fight.

I found I could get into the cafe in work.

I also made a new best friend and had a wonderful time finding out lots about myself and God.

Then I moved back in with my parents en route to my own new place. [Yipee]

--------------------
Starting (yet) again...

Posts: 1262 | From: Back in Dublin | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I pined for the Ship. I checked back occasionally incase, you know, something had changed. I read posts on the Lifeboat. I was relieved then to have legitimate reasons to visit the Ship, such as edit profile, read new faqs, see new smilies.

I played Civ 3 *a lot*.

In desperation, I went out and visited a friend (half a dozen times).

I even visited my family about half a dozen times (Very desperate).

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
George in Montreal
Apprentice
# 153

- Posted      Profile for George in Montreal   Email George in Montreal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I spent the period cruising around the Caribbean. A dirty job, I know, but someone has to keep providing the payroll for all those employees. Sitting on a veranda watching the stars did a pretty good job of helping me forget the Ship of Fools bulletin board.

Now all I have to do is figure out where the nifty little pictures come from...

Posts: 32 | From: Saint Lambert, Quebec, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fauja

Lesser known misfit
# 2054

- Posted      Profile for Fauja   Email Fauja   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kept praying.

Thought about how I could improve expressing my faith in a more natural and appropriate way.

Watched too much T.V.

Posts: 829 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by George in Montreal:
Now all I have to do is figure out where the nifty little pictures come from...

Go into your profile and check out the avatar option.
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wrote and handed in an overdue essay.

Attended the gun salute in Hyde Park and palace firework display which were actually for my birthday [Cool] , nothing to do with the other royalty.

Met up with fellow-shipmates in Berkeley Square. [Sunny]

Avoided the whole football thing (I'm not English).

Cheered on Lennox Lewis [Big Grin] beating up Tyson. [Flaming]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I co-founded SOFA - not as an addict, of course, but in a supervisory capacity.
I tacked the ironing mountain.
I was nice to the kids.
I got broadband (and had no Ship to test it out on [Frown] )
You should let me back on board because I was the last non-host to post before the boards went down and one of the first to post on leaving dry dock....

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aardvark
Shipmate
# 2295

- Posted      Profile for Aardvark   Email Aardvark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Watched football and jubilee stuff, and went to bed before midnight most nights.

--------------------
...a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Browning

Posts: 618 | From: just outside the M25 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

Smudgie is the only one who has noticed that this is a two-part question, folks! So Smudgie is moving into a nice comfy cabin on an upper deck, and the rest of you need to apply yourselves, here:

Why should we let you sorry people back on board?!?

-Ruth (hoping no one thinks to ask what she did for two weeks ...)

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
because you love me....

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shoehorn with Teeth

Laughing Vulcan
# 2420

- Posted      Profile for Shoehorn with Teeth   Email Shoehorn with Teeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Because today is my birthday. Really. [Sunny]
Posts: 483 | From: crowded house | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fatpanda
Shipmate
# 2709

- Posted      Profile for fatpanda   Email fatpanda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Went to bed early!! [Heart]
And actually contributed to some of the other forums I am a member of! [Sunny]
And cut the grass
[Help]

Glad the ship is back!!!! [Yipee]

--------------------
love S x

do justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

Posts: 242 | From: Weegieland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, Ruth, you should let me back on board because, if you don't, you'll be the only person to host Hell until Nightlamp gets back from vacation.

That alone should be enough to have you groveling at my feet.

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruth, I should be on board because you all deserve to have me [Big Grin]
Anyway, I'd only stowaway and nick your choccie biscuits and beer [Devil]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You should let me back on board because I also did the ironing and all my sea-togs are now immaculately pressed. [Big Grin]

And I spent hours eating by the computer till I found all the new smilies. [Yipee]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy*

Jedi defender of ship's cats
# 1059

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy*   Email jedijudy*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You should let me back on board because I'm asking you really nicely, and saying "please".

<grovel, grovel> Please! Please let me back on board!

jj

--------------------
ENFP...do you see a "T" anywhere??? I don't think so.

Posts: 3248 | From: Soon to be inhabiting identity # 333!!! | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I helped my sister-in-law with her new baby, checked my e-mail and the Ship once while I was gone, only to discover that the boards had been closed!
Upon my return home, I promptly made my long overdue second contribution to the Organ Fund (which should earn me readmission to the Ship), spent some time reading through "threads I hadn't ever gotten around to", went through withdrawal symptoms (yearning for new posts, hoping to find one even though I knew it was impossible), checked out the Yahoo site and wished for the vomiting smilie (what a horrible format!), began playing Free Cell again (during a former period of Free Cell addiction I started a spreadsheet to keep track of the games I had won), realized I had no life anymore and actually began the attack on the maple saplings (Norway maple seedlings here in New England are considered a noxious weed) and started to remove the quackgrass which has taken over my front flower bed, but this has been interrupted by rain, and finally got sick with a sore throat/sinus infection something and therefore missed the actual moment when the boards re-opened. [Frown]

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
Well, Ruth, you should let me back on board because, if you don't, you'll be the only person to host Hell until Nightlamp gets back from vacation.

That alone should be enough to have you groveling at my feet.

tomb, I'm not altogether stupid - I will not only allow you back on board, I'll arrive at the Colorado shipmeet bearing the gin I have owed you for lo these many ages.
Miss_Molly

Toujours gai
Beloved
# 2339

- Posted      Profile for Miss_Molly   Email Miss_Molly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruth, I adjure you to permit me to return to the ship. Cats' lives are at stake! (see the cat thread in dead horses). And I beseech you personally as one gentlewoman to another.

--------------------
"I come from a state that raises corn, and cockleburrs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me"

The Mid

Officer and a gentleman
# 1559

- Posted      Profile for The Mid   Email The Mid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I drank. You'd miss me.

--------------------
For God so loved the world She got involved

Posts: 3022 | From: The Wardroom | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a fantastic long weekend in London, saw lots of the Jubilee celebrations, went to the theatre to see a musical, sat in Covent Garden eating Italian food and people watching. I got accepted to do a PhD starting this October. I chatted far too much in the Cafe where I too had a pillow fight and got to ride a Shipmates shiny new bike! I tided my house, walked my dog, tended to my parent's tomatoes while they were sunning themselves in France...
I also got really cheesed off with the weather.

If you have no good reason to let me back on the boards - I have a case of wine and some really nice food that Mum and Dad bought me back from France and I am willing to share it! [Yipee]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Olorin
Shipmate
# 2010

- Posted      Profile for Olorin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I watched the Jubilee pop concert from Hyde Park, then the Jubilee parade next day from my bed with a whopping hangover. Following weekend, I got my hands dirty on someone else's fishnets [Devil] [Yipee]
Made friends with them afterward [Wink] .
Other than that, looked for a job and watched my savings evaporate.
I should be let back on board because you are all too demure & ladylike without me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I wrestled with God, and lost by two falls & a submission.

Posts: 390 | From: Hammersmith, London | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I sold my soul to the devil.

Why should you let me back on? Because without me there wouldn't be any interesting or stimulating threads in Hell, would there, dear?

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I didn't do anything very interesting. Some work, although not much [Big Grin] , some shopping [Mad] , several days off work not feeling well & looking after an unhappy Baby B [Frown] Ooh, and I got a copy of my book 'cos it's been published at last!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I should be let back on because... (this is like those Balloon debates - I'd always be the first one out 'cos I can't think of any reason to justify my continued existance!)... umm... otherwise I'd have to do my job!

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did a lot of work.

And you need to let me back on, because if not, I will have to keep on doing lots and lots of work, and eventually explode.

Please [Heart] ?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sean
Shipmate
# 51

- Posted      Profile for Sean   Author's homepage   Email Sean   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Went to:
Carlisle
Hadrian's Wall
Traquair House (& Brewery)
Loch Lomond
Oban
Mull
Iona
Tobermory Distillery
Oban Distillery
Glasgow
Lindisfarne
Durham
visited Umbrella & her chapels (& various animals)
Lincoln
Cotswolds
Hook Norton Brewery
visited Beethoven & Bethany
Salisbury
Old Sarum
& Stonehenge

--------------------
"So far as the theories of mathematics are about reality, they are not certain; so far as they are certain, they are not about reality" - Einstein

Posts: 1085 | From: A very long way away | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You must let me back on board Ruth because I have just paid a load of money to the organ fund. I also have a very clever hole-drilling device which is very effective on ship's hulls....... [Snigger] [Devil]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I posted a lot on Mudcat (see my profile for link).

You should let me back on because somebody needs to keep Fr. Gregory honest! (just kidding, Father!) (no I'm not, RuthW!) (Yes, I am, Father!)

Reader Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jonm
Shipmate
# 1246

- Posted      Profile for Jonm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I learned powerpoint (another stage of selling out to the world of Gates), gave two talks in La Roche-Posay (near Poitiers) (found out two hours before I was due to leave that it had springs supposed to be good for skin condition, and was probably the first person in history to leave with worse eczema than when I arrived) had two days off in lieu of being there over bank holiday,
watched Argentina game and worried about my celing when Becks got the penalty. Went to Matisse Picasso at the Tate (really really good),
the West End meet (nice to meet people) and sang
evensong at chapel choir reunion (forgot how much
hard work singing an evensong is.

Don't have a clue why you should let me back [Big Grin]

--------------------
"My God, My God, why hast thou accepted me?"---Caedmon's Call

Posts: 264 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

Okay, here's where you stand so far:

Smudgie gets a nice comfy cabin for being clueful.

tomb gets his pick of cabins and all the gin he can swill because I'm not stupid.

JonathanMy gets his pick of cabins right behind Smudgie and tomb because his answer indicates that he truly understands the nature of grace (and its source [Big Grin] ).

jedijudy gets a decent cabin, but not very convenient to the johns, because grovelling is good, but shouldn't be overdone.

jlg and Chorister are allowed back because monetary bribes are always welcome, but they have to room together on account of being so blatant.

Dolphy gets a nice cabin despite being blatant because wine and food are even better than money.

Mousethief's sojourn onboard will depend entirely on his ability to keep tabs on Fr. Gregory AND on ...

Esme Weatherwax, who gets the cabin furthest from the galley, and who will be tossed overboard along with Mousethief if he can't keep her from nicking the food Dolphy brought along.

Starbelly, Shoehorn with teeth, daisymay, and Sophie Aubrey are assigned hammocks in the forecastle until they learn not to be so dang nice in hell. daisymay will do everybody's ironing until further notice (no starch, please).

Beethoven and Schroedinger's cat are assigned to the engine room (thought you'd get out of work, huh?!), but Schroedinger's cat gets to order Beethoven around down there simply because he had the nerve to use the throbbing heart smilie in hell.

The Mid and Olorin will need to re-apply. Smugness is so unappealing.

Dyfrig, you call "festering community spirit" interesting and stimulating??? You will be allowed to stay on board IF and ONLY IF you get the johns cleaned to my satisfaction and you don't sing or incite others to sing. One note, even the merest warble, and I'll have you keelhauled.

Miss_Molly

Toujours gai
Beloved
# 2339

But Ruth, it says right in my signature that I am a badass!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016