homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: On my gravestone it will say ......... (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: On my gravestone it will say .........
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nowhere near as funny as he thought he was.

Pyx_e

or (can't remember who said this first) Told you I was ill.

[ 10. March 2003, 00:41: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dave the Bass
Shipmate
# 155

- Posted      Profile for Dave the Bass   Email Dave the Bass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
or (can't remember who said this first) Told you I was ill.

It was the late Spike Milligan, and I was going to suggest it! [Mad]

How about 'Don't try this at home'

Posts: 2162 | From: In a forest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Buttons
Shipmate
# 2108

- Posted      Profile for Buttons   Email Buttons   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine should probably read

'It seemed like a good idea at the time'

--------------------
It all depends what you mean by alright of course.

Posts: 137 | From: The bottom of a biscuit tin | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hull Hound
Shipmate
# 2140

- Posted      Profile for Hull Hound   Email Hull Hound   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"nothing to see here"

--------------------
ahhh ... Bisto!

Posts: 1167 | From: Hull | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think Robert Frost said it best:

And were an epitaph to be my story
I'd have a short one ready for my own.
I would have written of me on my stone:
I had a lover's quarrel with the world.

And he did.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin, I always thought it was, I had a lover's quarrel with life.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Black Dog
Shipmate
# 2344

- Posted      Profile for Black Dog   Email Black Dog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
here lies .... ......

And he's bloody annoyed!

--------------------
The difference between love and comfort is that comfort is more reliable and true. Brutal and mocking but always there it is a crutch for enmity's saddest glare.

Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope they have martinis in heaven.
Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rock of Ages cleft for me.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sigmund
Shipmate
# 3002

- Posted      Profile for Sigmund     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fat, bald git. C'mon gimme something to work with here.

--------------------
We have no money so we shall have to think.
Rutherford

Posts: 212 | From: somewhere in England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gravestone? I don't plan to have one.

I will be stuffed, mounted and auctioned on Ebay. The proceeds will be donated to a worthy cause.

scot

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scot:
I will be stuffed, mounted and auctioned on Ebay. The proceeds will be donated to a worthy cause.

You know, I DO have this rather empty corner in the den... I'll start the bidding at a Loonie. Do you think you'll be hard to dust?

I, personally, have no intention of dying. It's been done to -er, <wince> Sorry.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Father Gregory

Orthodoxy
# 310

- Posted      Profile for Father Gregory   Author's homepage   Email Father Gregory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord have mercy.

--------------------
Yours in Christ
Fr. Gregory
Find Your Way Around the Plot
TheOrthodoxPlot™

Posts: 15099 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Leg pulling hat on

Fr G "Lord have mercy." ....... in an orthodox way.

Leg pulling hat off

P

--------------------

Miss High Jinks
Shipmate
# 3048

- Posted      Profile for Miss High Jinks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine would say:

Beneath this sod
Lies another

[Razz]

--------------------
I'll leave this space blank

Posts: 71 | From: NW London | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Clay_Pigeon

Mathematics
# 2516

- Posted      Profile for Clay_Pigeon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"I'm sorry, Troy's not here right now. Please leave a message by the tombstone and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks a bunch!"

--------------------
THAT'S IT! NOW I'M PISSED!. You're so off my prayer list.
-Was Once Troy

Posts: 599 | From: Northeast Ohio | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Going straight to Heaven. Already served my time in Purgatory.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now that I'm dead I have been buried upside down so the world can kiss my arse! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Saint Osmund

Pontifex sariburiensis
# 2343

- Posted      Profile for Saint Osmund   Email Saint Osmund       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice one Dolphy. [Wink]

How about:

"I'm not dead, really. It's an optical illusion. Aren't I good?"

x

Posts: 2965 | From: here | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Degs

Friend of dorothy
# 2824

- Posted      Profile for Degs   Email Degs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Still waiting for the asteroid!" [Big Grin]

Actually, I'm going to buried at sea so that I can have the last laugh on all those who threatened to dance on my grave. [Snigger]

--------------------
The preest when he hath sayd and red all: he gyueth the benedyccion upon all those that be there present and then he doth tourne hym from the people retournynge thyther from whens he came.

Posts: 2388 | From: a land that I heard of once in a lullaby | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yo-Yo
Shipmate
# 2541

- Posted      Profile for Yo-Yo   Email Yo-Yo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Can we start bidding now?

I always dreamed I'd be laid to rest in Westminster Abbey. I'll be resting in a see-through coffin with "in case of emergency break glass" printed above it. [Sunny]

The other route is to copy Jeremy Bentham and have yourself pickled and sat at the head of the table somewhere - the cabinet room in Downing Street would be fun. [Devil]

--------------------
"The purpose of life... is to love whoever is around to be loved." - Kurt Vonnegut jnr

Posts: 371 | From: XS | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Iestyn
Shipmate
# 2422

- Posted      Profile for Iestyn     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know that some of my friends would like to put:

"Died in March, buried in August. Sorry, he was a Viola Player"

--------------------
"And we'll be singing Hymns and Arias, Hen wlad fy nhadau, Ar hyd y nos"

Posts: 177 | From: South Wales | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She was full of good intentions - and we all know where they lead...

[Eek!] [Ultra confused] [Eek!]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
You know, I DO have this rather empty corner in the den... I'll start the bidding at a Loonie. Do you think you'll be hard to dust?

Thank you for your interest RooK. I would have been hard to dust, but since I shaved my beard last weekend I expect to attract less dust.

Information for bidders -
Bidding will not formally open until my actual demise. The reason for this is that as a heterosexual male I prefer not to be stuffed or mounted at this time. However, pre-bidding is encouraged. I may opt to set a "Buy It Now" option for this auction if I can work out what my wife would take for me.

scot

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Yo-Yo
Shipmate
# 2541

- Posted      Profile for Yo-Yo   Email Yo-Yo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
However, pre-bidding is encouraged. I may opt to set a "Buy It Now" option for this auction if I can work out what my wife would take for me.

I'd like to bid, but I'm actually interested in an immediate purchase. I just need to ask a few questions first:

Are you any good at ironing?

What do you cost in terms of up keep?

Do you have any allergies?

Any objections to sleeping in a shed?

--------------------
"The purpose of life... is to love whoever is around to be loved." - Kurt Vonnegut jnr

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

Scot : I'm thinking rigour mortis / hatstand

P

--------------------

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

Good idea, Pyx_e.

Depending on your instructions to the taxidermist there could also be a handy hook for your coat.

scot

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like the one from the Silver Chair:

Though under earth and throneless now I be,
Yet while I lived, all earth was under me.

Which is true, in a sense, even if you're not a monarch.

Reader Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

Thanks for your continued interest, David.
quote:
Are you any good at ironing?
Fair, but I am not much good with a wood. My putting is marginal.
quote:
What do you cost in terms of up keep?
I would expect that you could get by with touching up the varnish once a year, and perhaps slapping on a coat of bottom paint every other year.
quote:
Do you have any allergies?
Only to the aforementioned stuffing and mounting.
quote:
Any objections to sleeping in a shed?
Why would I start objecting now?

By the way, my wife has indicated that since she has no idea what I'm good for, she has no idea what to charge for me. I'm not sure what that means...

scot

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Now available in hologram version".

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"god knows i tried"

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's in heaven now. Get on with your lives.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here lies Rhyzome.

2002 to

Don't worry about Him

He prefers to be underground! [Devil]

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Go Away and Leave Me Alone. And Don't Piss on My Rock. I Paid Too Much For It."
Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Blue
Shipmate
# 3067

- Posted      Profile for Blue     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now Blue and fluffy

or

What do you think you're staring at?

--------------------
D. Blue Esq.

Posts: 113 | From: sunk without trace | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
George Spigot

Outcast
# 253

- Posted      Profile for George Spigot   Author's homepage   Email George Spigot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two pints please.

--------------------
C.S. Lewis's Head is just a tool for the Devil. (And you can quote me on that.) ~
Philip Purser Hallard
http://www.thoughtplay.com/infinitarian/gbsfatb.html

Posts: 1625 | From: Derbyshire - England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hull Hound
Shipmate
# 2140

- Posted      Profile for Hull Hound   Email Hull Hound   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhyzome:
Here lies Rhyzome.

2002 to

Don't worry about Him

He prefers to be underground! [Devil]

It is best not to compost a hardy rhyzome. Simply incinerate to avoid it popping up through the earth.

--------------------
ahhh ... Bisto!

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I once asked my (soon-to-be) ex this question, and he said "'What are you looking at?!'"
[Snigger]
I myself plan to be cremated. Or Creamora'd, if my friends don't object.
[Razz]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bonzo
Shipmate
# 2481

- Posted      Profile for Bonzo   Email Bonzo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I will be stuffed, mounted and auctioned on Ebay

Scott, I have often wanted to tell you to get stuffed!

--------------------
Love wastefully

Posts: 1150 | From: Stockport | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

Thank you for your interest, Bonzo.

If you are the successful bidder, you will have the opportunity to stuff whatever you want, where ever you want.

Happy bidding!

--------------------

Hull Hound
Shipmate
# 2140

Scot, in a just society we would all get a piece of you [Wink]

--------------------
ahhh ... Bisto!

Yo-Yo
Shipmate
# 2541

Scot, would it be possible to get you on a two week trial? I can provide an address if your wife would like to invoice me.

Getting back to the gravestone thingy, apparently Billy Connelly's plan is to have a large concrete slab laid over his grave.

His epitaph will be printed in very small font, slap bang in the middle so visitors will have to clamber on top and get very close to read: "you're kneeling on my balls". [Yipee]

[Too many ons.]

[ 28 July 2002, 19:50: Message edited by: sarkycow ]

--------------------

Alaric the Goth
Shipmate
# 511

- Posted      Profile for Alaric the Goth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He wæs on Norðhymbran hardes cynnæs
Posts: 3322 | From: West Thriding | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dorothy's Friend:

Actually, I'm going to buried at sea so that I can have the last laugh on all those who threatened to dance on my grave. [Snigger]

Nice one!!!!! [Big Grin]

[I don't know why I bothered but the UBB code for a smilie was messed up]

[ 26 July 2002, 12:52: Message edited by: Nightlamp ]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Can someone post on the ship, cos I know they will be worried".

Far too sad really ....

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

quote:
Originally posted by Hull Hound:

Yes Hull Hound, but in a rational society, you have to pay for the privilege! [Wink]

Happy bidding!

--------------------

Equinas
Shipmate
# 2907

- Posted      Profile for Equinas     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Under the mercy.

--------------------
Linda

Posts: 567 | From: Deep South, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hull Hound
Shipmate
# 2140

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hull Hound:

Yes Hull Hound, but in a rational society, you have to pay for the privilege! [Wink]

Happy bidding!

- touché -

--------------------
ahhh ... Bisto!

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Life is a series of trade-offs.

Rossweisse // who plans to be cremated, but...

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
David Carrington suspiciously typed:
"Scot, would it be possible to get on you on a two week trial?"

There must be a typo or a superfluous 'on' in there...

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016