homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: The Ship theory test (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: The Ship theory test
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I regret to inform you all that you will be required to do a theory test before you get your full license to post on the Ship, don't worry though, the questions are easy and I am sure most of you will pass with no problems.

Here are the first three questions:

A shipmates behaviour has upset you. it may help if you
  • log off and take a break
  • post abusive things
  • take them to hell
  • stalk them and send them threatening e-mails

A host gives you a final warning, you should
  • ignore them as they have no authority
  • leave the ship and never come back
  • offer to send them bribes
  • create multiple identities using the same e-mail address

It is 3am in the morning and you are very, very drunk, what should you NOT do? (mark 2 answers)

• start threads about your favourite bands
  • go into the cafe
  • search for all the homosexuality threads and post the same thing on each one
  • try to chat up the hosts or admins

[ 16. October 2006, 00:45: Message edited by: Erin ]

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only 2 in the last question? [Confused]

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Q.1. You should leave the offending shipmate in no doubt about how you feel, so describe his/her ancestry and state of mental health and morals in whatever terms you think are necessary to get the point across. They will thank you for pointing out where they went wrong, once they've stopped feeling embarrassed.

Q.2. Ignore the host, they're probably just trying it on to see how you react.

Q.3. This is a trick question. You should in fact do all those things, once you've had a few drinks you'll be much more articulate and imaginative. And there are so many homosexuality threads that it's a good idea to post the same thing to all of them, it saves time. You might also start a few polls as well.

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone want to add any questions, some more visual reaction tests might be useful as well, for example:

Which smiley is NOT appropriate in a thread about creationism

• [Snigger]
  • [Disappointed]
  • [Roll Eyes]
  • [Love]

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People who don’t believe in the Trinity are:

# Not Christian in any sense, but will probably get away with it because God loves us all

# Wicked heretics who will burn eternally in the hottest part of hell

# Sane and rational

# Valued shipmates

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by starbelly:

It is 3am in the morning and you are very, very drunk, what should you NOT do? [/list]

Is one allowed to be pedantic in heaven? I hope so, or I'll never be allowed in! How could it be 3am in anything but the morning?

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

You notice a minor error in a shipmates grammar, should you

• ignore it, it happens to the best of us
  • point it out and make a small joke of it
  • berate the shipmate and make them feel very, very small
  • never speak to the shipmate again, and suggest to the admins that they are banned

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks like I should ge me coat...

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisT:
Looks like I should ge me coat...

or perhaps you could get your coat Chris. [Snigger]

J

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I have tried and tried to take the test, but the little dot just doesn't appear in the bullet point box I click on, and when I tried to print out my score, nothing happened.

Does this mean I have failed the test, and will be prevented from posting anything in future? [Confused] [Waterworks]

[Wink]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Never Conforming

Aspiring to Something
# 4054

- Posted      Profile for Never Conforming   Author's homepage   Email Never Conforming   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

I've just had a horrible shift at work and this was just what I needed to see.

Thanks.

Jo

[Not worthy!]

--------------------
I used to poison Student Minds™ and am proud to have done so
Never Conforming in the Surreal World

Posts: 1419 | From: Oop Norf | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Evangelicals are
  • the only true Christians
  • closet fundamentalists to a wo/man
  • a mixed bunch, just like the rest of us
  • not perfect, maybe, but better than those lousy liberals

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The One True Church is:
  • Orthodox
  • Orthodox
  • Orthodox
  • Orthodox

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On Ship the one thing you cannot be forgiven for is being:

a) ignorant

b) arrogant

c) rude

d) a bad speller

e) boring

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Icklicus Angelicus
Shipmate
# 3588

- Posted      Profile for Icklicus Angelicus   Email Icklicus Angelicus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Board Selection Section:
On which board should you post the following threads?

"Let's talk about bananas"
  • Heaven
  • Purgatory
  • T'n'T
  • Small Fire

"Game - Everlasting Sentances"
  • Heaven
  • The Styx
  • Hell
  • Games board in Chorister's sig

"The hosts keep being meeeeeean to me"
  • Heaven
  • Hell
  • The Styx
  • Dead Horses

"My fluffy ickle puddy tat just died - will it go to heaven?"
  • Hell
  • Heaven
  • Purgatory
  • The Styx

"Who is this alligator person? Can i be her friend?"
  • Mystery Worship
  • The Styx
  • Heaven
  • Just keep lurking honey...

[darned code...]

[ 30. August 2003, 23:06: Message edited by: Icklicus Angelicus ]

--------------------
LEGOLAS: The sky wears a film of gauze. The night air breathes infamy. Deceit weaves itself around my fingernails.
(mollyringwraith)

Posts: 763 | From: Oxford / Devon | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amorya

Ship's tame galoot
# 2652

- Posted      Profile for Amorya   Email Amorya   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Icklicus Angelicus:
The Board Selection Section:
On which board should you post the following threads?

"Let's talk about bananas"
  • Heaven
  • Purgatory
  • T'n'T
  • Small Fire

That could be any of those!

Amorya

Posts: 2383 | From: Coventry | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After joining, when can a member start criticising SoF policies?

• First Post--that's why you signed up, dammit.
  • After 50 Posts or over a month, whichever is longer
  • After 40 Days and Nights of rigorous fasting
  • Whatever the Ouija Board says
  • Never, if you know what's good for ya

[ 30. August 2003, 23:30: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

• never speak to the shipmate again, and suggest to the admins that they are banned

Starbelly,
Apologies if you are offended, it was meant as a light-hearted comment. But it's not unusual for my foot to be in my mouth. Allow me to take it out and eat humble pie if appropriate!

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Hostly aside]

Rexory,

Just in case it's not been done yet, here's a small welcome to the ship:

code:
welcome

If you see a post in Heaven picking up on an error you've made, it's best to take it as light-hearted ribbing (at least at first!).

Hell is a different matter, however... [Snigger]

[/Hostly aside]

Anyway, on with the thread:

What are the fluffy bunnies?:
  • A marshmallow-based 'hilarious' game
  • The heavenly game-playing crowd
  • RooK's slippers

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

quote:
Originally posted by rexory:
quote:

Starbelly,
Apologies if you are offended, it was meant as a light-hearted comment. But it's not unusual for my foot to be in my mouth. Allow me to take it out and eat humble pie if appropriate!

Not offended at all, I was trying to make a joke of it really.

You would have to try very hard to offend me!

Neil

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a thread in All Saints advertising a shipmeet in your area! How do you respond?

• No way - anyone who hangs around with people off the internet is a sad git!
  • EEK! They're actually real, and what's worse, they live nearby!
  • Wait and see whether someone you don't like signs up to go before you decide
  • Tell them you don't like the venue and the date doesn't suit you and they must provide alternatives
  • Ask them to tell you why you should spend part of your spare time with them
  • Accept, but tell them you're a teetotal non-smoking diabetic gluten-free vegan on a fat-free, low sodium and cholesterol diet, and you don't like spicy food.

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Participation on the Mystery Worship board is limited to Shipmates who:
  • wish to discuss the internal affairs of their own (or someone else's) church
  • drink GIN
  • know all the proper terminology associated with High Anglo-Catholic liturgy
  • are members of the MW Secret Society

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
jlg, you've missed an item off your list:

+ wannabes who nothing whatsoever about tat but want to be in the "in-crowd"**

PS Have just spotted your new title. Can't help with Sheep3, but Sheep1 is right here [Big Grin]

** uh.... that'd be me then [Embarrassed]

[ 31. August 2003, 21:19: Message edited by: Jack the Lass ]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aargh timeout got me again:

...who KNOW nothing about tat...

[brick wall]

[Edited: punctuation]

[ 31. August 2003, 21:21: Message edited by: Jack the Lass ]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
Participation on the Mystery Worship board is limited to Shipmates who:
  • wish to discuss the internal affairs of their own (or someone else's) church
  • drink GIN
  • know all the proper terminology associated with High Anglo-Catholic liturgy
  • are members of the MW Secret Society

I don't see where the question is there? [Wink]

Which of the following is not likely to be regarded as a clinching argument in Purgatory?

• It must be true, because the bible tells me so.
  • It must be true because my church tells me so.
  • It must be true because God tells me so.
  • It must be true because the voices in my head tell me so.
  • All of the above.
  • None of the above.

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

You have missed some chapelhead...

• it must be true because Erin says so
  • it must be true because I read it in the papers
  • it must be true because I am God

Neil

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<raises hand and waves it around enthusiastically>

Pick me! Pick me! I know the answer*!

All of the above!

* NB: the answer is the same to all of the questions posed so far.

(Can you tell it is the first day of school?)

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
biscuit
Shipmate
# 3550

- Posted      Profile for biscuit   Email biscuit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having caused an accidental all-out flame-war in Hell, the acceptable course of action is (choose up to three and indicate order in which they occur)
  • denial
  • accuse the OP
  • accuse the hosts
  • accuse everyone else
  • jump overboard
  • get your press secretary to jump overboard
  • apologise

Which is the occasional board where matters of a sexual nature are discussed?
  • G'n'T
  • T'n'T
  • T'n'A
  • B&B
  • G&B

(Extra marks are available if you can allocate the other choices to the boards on which they are discussed)

Essay Questions
Is Green and Blacks Chocolate a secure form of international currency? Discuss, giving examples from relevant threads.

"Sven, moose or package filling?" Give the correct protocol for forwarding the SoF mascot a) to a shipmate in the next town b)to a shipmate in the next country c) to a shipmate on the furthest continent possible. (Marks will be added for precise knowledge of postage tariffs.)

Hell is... Complete and discuss the sentence. (Note, this is a SoF topic, not personal theology, OK?)

CI//(great idea for a thread [Wink] )

[Duplicate post deleted]

[ 03. September 2003, 13:20: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
"The strength of the fish is in the water" (proverb)
Current flavour: Chocolate hobnob

Posts: 455 | From: South Hobbiton | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
biscuit
Shipmate
# 3550

- Posted      Profile for biscuit   Email biscuit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, annyoing duplicate post due to server/isp problems... can a hostly finger please delete the second?

Please complete the following Phrase: Preview post is...
  • not necessary - I can edit my posts!
  • still my friend, ^*^*^### slow dial-up connection!
  • the closest thing to a friend I have
  • a review service that the mail delivery person offers when h/she cheerily says "Just bills again, today" and walks/drives off whistling in an annoying manner

--------------------
"The strength of the fish is in the water" (proverb)
Current flavour: Chocolate hobnob

Posts: 455 | From: South Hobbiton | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You have just posted the same post twice. The correct course of action is to:

• Add a third post identical to the first two;
  • Apologise for double-posting, thereby triple-posting;
  • Ignore it and hope that no-one will notice
  • Get a friendly host to delete one of the posts;
  • Become a host so that you can cover up future errors

[Devil]

[Or get in first with a whimsical post about 'Preview Post is my friend' [Mad] ]

[ 03. September 2003, 09:29: Message edited by: Rhisiart ]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Hundredth
Shipmate
# 112

- Posted      Profile for Old Hundredth   Email Old Hundredth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I usually go for the first but in this context I can't resist going for the second option since the words pot and kettle spring to mind. Where's your apostrophe in shipmates, Neil? [Snigger]

--------------------
If I'm not in the Chapel, I'll be in the bar (Reno Sweeney, 'Anything Goes')

Posts: 976 | From: The land of the barm cake | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Machine Elf

Irregular polytope
# 1622

- Posted      Profile for The Machine Elf   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But 3am in the morning is a tautology, not a grammatical error.

TME

--------------------
Elves of any kind are strange folk.

Posts: 1298 | From: the edge of the deep green sea | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhisiart:
You have just posted the same post twice. The correct course of action is to:

• Add a third post identical to the first two;
  • Apologise for double-posting, thereby triple-posting;
  • Ignore it and hope that no-one will notice
  • Get a friendly host to delete one of the posts;
  • Become a host so that you can cover up future errors

[Devil]

[Or get in first with a whimsical post about 'Preview Post is my friend' [Mad] ]

I know which option I chose!

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

You've been lurking for a while and have finally decided to register. Did you lurk for:

a) 2 minutes
b) 2 weeks
c) 2 years?

You decide to start your first thread. What's it called?

a) Hello I'm New, Er, What Do I Do Now?
b) The Truth As Revealed To ME
c) y ppl 2day need Gd
d) Does Anyone Here Like Cats?

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Well, I have tried and tried to take the test, but the little dot just doesn't appear in the bullet point box I click on, and when I tried to print out my score, nothing happened.

Does this mean I have failed the test, and will be prevented from posting anything in future? [Confused] [Waterworks]

[Wink]

There, there. I think we're grandfathered in. [Love]

quote Starbelly
quote:
Here are the first three questions:

A shipmates behaviour has upset you. it may help if you

*log off and take a break
*post abusive things
*take them to hell
*stalk them and send them threatening e-mails

*ignore them as they have no authority
*leave the ship and never come back
*offer to send them bribes
*create multiple identities using the same e-mail address

It is 3am in the morning and you are very, very drunk, what should you NOT do? (mark 2 answers)
*start threads about your favourite bands
*go into the cafe
*search for all the homosexuality threads and post the same thing on each one
*try to chat up the hosts or admins

#1 B. Post abusive things about them. In Small Fires.

#2 C. Send copious bribes. Then the admins and hosts will still apply B.(leaving the Ship) for you at no further charge. [Big Grin]

#3 B. Go into the Cafe. With only a personal supply of Irish coffee. Did you bring enough for the rest of the class?
C. *sigh* With all the ongoing discussions it would be a shocking waste of space, and the trolls have used up enough space lately. [Disappointed]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
magnum mysterium
Shipmate
# 3418

- Posted      Profile for magnum mysterium   Email magnum mysterium   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Icklicus Angelicus:
"My fluffy ickle puddy tat just died - will it go to heaven?"
  • Hell
  • Heaven
  • Purgatory
  • The Styx

None of the above. Any question about tat should go on MW.
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On a thread about George Bush you inadvertently use the phrase "The Americans", to describe the policies of the US Government. Several people get cross. You should:

• Apologise profusely?
  • Tell anyone who objects (particularly Ruth) that they are lackeys of the Bush regime?
  • Laugh it off, they're just joshing, right?
  • Claim that Erin has violated the ten commandments for calling you a fucktard*, and start a thread in the Styx called "Why Erin should resign"?
  • Post a long rambling screed about how you enjoyed your holiday in Miami two years ago, whilst intimating that Fred 'godhatesamerica' Phelps may be onto something?
  • Object that as this is a Christian site, everyone should be nice to you?

*Implausible, I know. This is just in theory. [Wink]

[ 05. September 2003, 09:06: Message edited by: Professor Yaffle ]

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wood and Merseymike are embroiled in a duel to the death in Hell, over an incautious remark by Merseymike about Evangelicals*. You should NOT:

• Post remarks about Popcorn
  • Post your own limerick, which is only tangentially relevant to the subject
  • Weigh in with the observation that homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible, and those that practice it are damned.
  • Say that you find the thread particularly amusing as it is a known fact that all Christians are raving homophobes
  • Announce that all evangelicals are bigots
  • Ask Merseymike if he's saved
  • Ask Wood if he's saved

*Implausible I know. This is a theory test. [Wink]

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Callan
Shipmate
# 525

Hosts and Admins particularly welcome:

• Hard Cash
  • Numerologists
  • Chocolate
  • Attempts to convert Shipmates to one's own peculiar variant of Christianity
  • Appreciation
  • Libellous remarks about influential and litigious persons

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda Rose of Sharon:
quote Starbelly
quote:

*ignore them as they have no authority
*leave the ship and never come back
*offer to send them bribes
*create multiple identities using the same e-mail address

#2 C. Send copious bribes. Then the admins and hosts will still apply B.(leaving the Ship) for you at no further charge. [Big Grin]
When you see a potential reference to past typos by hosts should you:
  • Say nothing at all
  • Make as many comments as possible
  • Only mention it if you're the host in question

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which smiley is most likely to be used on a TnT thread?

• [Embarrassed]
  • [Eek!]
  • [Confused]
  • [Disappointed]
  • [Killing me]

[Typo]

[ 19. September 2003, 21:04: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You are attending a shipmeet with a lot of shipmates you have just met or the first time.

Do you

• converse politely about their latest course of psychotherapy
  • belt out cheesy Gospel numbers
  • start cooking implausible amounts of food from your local area/last holiday destination/ fave cuisine
  • forage desperately for a computer so you can communicate via lines of type
  • flood the ceiling/s
  • turn up in drag
  • sling yourself dribbling at the nearest single person of appropriate gender/age/sexual orientation
  • order in 14 pizzas
  • evangelise the waiter
  • get drunk and throw up against the nearest church
  • invite 10 of them home to stay the night
  • all of the above
  • I wouldn't be seen dead in the company of people I'd met over the internet

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

quote:
Originally posted by armed and ferocious welsh dragoon:
You are attending a shipmeet with a lot of shipmates you have just met or the first time.

Do you

• sling yourself dribbling at the nearest single person of appropriate gender/age/sexual orientation

I deny everything.

Neil

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, starbelly, but I can't tell you how many marks your preferred option accrues...

Next question...
You are arranging a shipmeet for an assortment of shipmates. Would you prefer

• a quiet discussion of the gifts of the spirit over tapas
  • lunch in a pub
  • an outing to a theme park
  • an afternoon in a pub
  • a picnic followed by a punting expedition
  • an early evening meet in a pub
  • a Chinese/ Indian/Burmese meal
  • supper in a pub
  • a riverboat ride
  • a late evening meet in a pub
  • meeting at a church service, lecture or theatre performance
  • er, breakfast in a pub
  • going to a party in someone's house
  • meeting in a private room in a pub
  • I don't like pubs
  • I'm a methodist and I drink Tigglets
  • I'm a methodist; what is a pub?
  • I'm a methodist and I don't mind meeting in pubs whether or not I actually drink alcohol
  • I wouldn't be seen dead meeting up with a whole lot of people I got to know over the Internet

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welsh Dragon, I've seen you do all of those (and a few more) at several ShipMeets. Do you recommend them as suitable courses of action?

==

You see someone 'wearing' the same avatar as you. Do you:

• Drag them to Hell for blatant plagiarism
  • Ignore the social faux pas on their part and assume a haughty air
  • Laugh it off
  • PM them and say you must be soul-mates. Then PM them again. And again. And again.
  • Notify a Host and raise it as an issue in the Styx
  • Pay for your own damn avatar, you cheap hussy

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

Thank you ChrisT.

A wonderful record of achievement isn't it?

To answer your question re suitability as courses of action

Ship etiquette

in order of reply;

• try to avoid getting into discussion about multiple personalities or child sex abuse or the futility of modern medicine
  • it helps if you can sing in tune
  • you need to check the size and readiness for action of your implements before you start
  • no
  • only if they don't belong to you
  • and only if you have the legs for it
  • only if *they* have the legs for it
  • only if you have the credit card balance for it
  • only if it seems likely to be consensual
  • only if you are ******
  • only if you are certifiably insane
  • anything is possible in multiple alternate universes
  • superficially sensible but missing out on rather a lot of fun

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stoo:

code:
welcome

[b]What are the fluffy bunnies?:

[*]The heavenly game-playing crowd

Of course!

And if you are uproariously drunk at 3 AM, you should post as many inane new polls as you can think up, always placing them on inappropriate boards and then, via PM, make side bets with your favourite 'mates as to how quickly they'll be closed or moved!

[Killing me]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

SoF's most beloved celebrity is
  • Simon Cowell
  • Colin Firth
  • Bernard Manning
  • Cliff Richard
  • Britney Spears

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by Queasy Jim the Cabin Boy (ChrisT):
Welsh Dragon, I've seen you do all of those (and a few more) at several ShipMeets.

I have to ask. At which one did the Dragon have drag on? [Ultra confused]
Boopy
Shipmate
# 4738

- Posted      Profile for Boopy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You realise, from details they let slip, that a new shipmate is someone you know and dislike in real life. Should you:

* post a great big fake welcome to them immediately in All Saints, using their real name and home town?
* post lots of hints in MW about how you could say who it is, if you wanted to...?
*post a lightly disguised real life situation in which they are involved, in Purgatory for debate, and wait to see if they bite?
*call them to Hell, to explain something they've done in real life to offend you?
*all of the above?

Posts: 1170 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016