homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Oh, I get it now (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Oh, I get it now
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It didn't make sense at the time, but now I understand. I understand it all.

Very clever.

You're pathetic.

[ 10. March 2003, 01:34: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, you clearly need a lesson in how to read, sunshine.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And another thing: I can double post whatever the hell I want.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't waht is this about?

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, let's deal with this one point at a time:

1. If you must do this, at least have the courtesy to pay for your use of bandwidth. This is not a free advertising space for your ego or the little coterie of admierers you are amassing around yourself;

2. You are sadly mistaken in your assessment of that person's character - I hope you learn the truth before it's too late. If you don't like it, set up your own website and whinge about it there, but don't waste my or anybody else's time;

3. The Christian faith is just something that pays the mortgage for you, isn't it?

4. Gives you a good excuse, doesn't it? Think no-one would notice?

5. To degenerate from quite a nice person to this in 3 years takes a certain amount of skill, I grant you.

6. Oh, if only.

--------------------

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
# 7

Well, that's just typical, isn't it.

Can I direct you to the commandment that says 'attack the issue, not the person', arsehead?

--------------------
Narcissism.

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

I'll attach more than the issue to your arse in a minute if you don't shut up.

--------------------

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am slightly confused is this a personal and incomprehensible argument between wood and Dyfrig?

What is it actually about?

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

gbuchanan
Shipmate
# 415

- Posted      Profile for gbuchanan   Email gbuchanan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I dunno - it's even more incomprehensible than the postings of Martin on a bad day.
Posts: 683 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
# 7

quote:
Originally posted by Dyfrig:
I'll attach more than the issue to your arse in a minute if you don't shut up.

Bring it on, nature boy.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

Now I understand it is pathetic stupid arrogant.

Mind you at least they thought about it unlike some one else.

--------------------

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

You couldn't bear it if I did.

As for you, Garryowenman, I suggest you stick it up and under.

--------------------

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who are you to call anything pathetic supid and arrogant.

My arnt is a sychyertrst.
My favrite fim is Space balls

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
gbuchanan
Shipmate
# 415

- Posted      Profile for gbuchanan   Email gbuchanan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I still don't know what's going on, but I'm toying between bringing on a circle of onlookers chanting "Fight, Fight, Fight" in the best playground tradition, sitting back in a deckchair and offering odds, or standing on the sidelines with a pint of Fosters or somesuch.

Possibly all three.

Wood
# 7

Oh, how easy it is to mock, but I won't.

Because I'm far too big and clever.

--------------------
Narcissism.

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

Well, thank you for that utterly pointless contribution. Btw, do you know how offensive having a screen-name anagramising "Shag Me N.G." is? No matter. You are a mere distraction.

In the meantime, if you're reading this, I know what you said, and frankly if you're that self-deluded you need to think long and hard about a whole lot of stuff, and your pronouncements show how thoroughly wrong you are about your assessment of your own abilities. Grow up.

--------------------

Sean
Shipmate
# 51

- Posted      Profile for Sean   Author's homepage   Email Sean   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gbuchanan:
I still don't know what's going on, but I'm toying between bringing on a circle of onlookers chanting "Fight, Fight, Fight" in the best playground tradition, sitting back in a deckchair and offering odds, or standing on the sidelines with a pint of Fosters or somesuch.

Possibly all three.

Fosters

--------------------
"So far as the theories of mathematics are about reality, they are not certain; so far as they are certain, they are not about reality" - Einstein

Posts: 1085 | From: A very long way away | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
splosh
Shipmate
# 2743

- Posted      Profile for splosh   Email splosh   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this a personal slanging match, or are we all allowed to throw in the old name call?

--------------------
Just remember you are one of God's special people

Posts: 1371 | From: Slightly less north than before | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

Read my lips - I. Do. Not. Care.

Your church may be very beautiful, but your character is real ugly.

--------------------

gbuchanan
Shipmate
# 415

Sean, it had to be something tacky to soak in the atmosphere!!!!
Sean
Shipmate
# 51

- Posted      Profile for Sean   Author's homepage   Email Sean   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about Buckfast Tonic Wine?

--------------------
"So far as the theories of mathematics are about reality, they are not certain; so far as they are certain, they are not about reality" - Einstein

Posts: 1085 | From: A very long way away | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

Pendlewitchs brew is the drink to have.

Nightlamp the real ale fan

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joining that crowd of onlookers Anyone want to place bets here?

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey i carnt be arsed to read any of this thread so ill just ignore it cos yore all a bunch of stoopids an im kool

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
# 7

Pah. Your points are invalid, and your theology is flawed.

I know this. I'm a scientist. So back off.

--------------------
Narcissism.

splosh
Shipmate
# 2743

- Posted      Profile for splosh   Email splosh   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not sure about placing bets, but it certainly has cheered up a very dull and boring lunch hour

p.s. what is wrong with scientists ?

--------------------

Posts: 1371 | From: Slightly less north than before | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

- Posted      Profile for Xavierite         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This thread is a joke, right...?

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

quote:
what is wrong with scientists ?

--------------------

Jean Michel
Francophile
# 27

- Posted      Profile for Jean Michel   Email Jean Michel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And I thought that you had changed your name to layer upon layer of tears because you had neither a bicycle nor a beret and couldn't sell them anyway. So you lay claim to a saint's name, do you? That, lad, is rank hypocrisy and its smell is offensive to those lovers of incense you wish to ignore. In short, you are indubitably a chap, not a cad. Why do I waste my free time on you? It is obviously my bounden duty to PM a Hell Host forthwith, to demand an explanation. If I had a glove, I would challenge you to a duel, but my honour is intact, Monsieur.

--------------------
A fish out of water, a bee without a hive,
such is a reporter, without a nearby dive.

Posts: 518 | From: Wortley, Leeds | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
# 7

How dare you compare me to Ian Paisley. Or Percy Dearmer, for that matter.

--------------------
Narcissism.

splosh
Shipmate
# 2743

But not all scientists are the same.

I certainly on't have a beard, and wear socks with sandles.

--------------------

Bonzo
Shipmate
# 2481

- Posted      Profile for Bonzo   Email Bonzo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

This thread is a joke, right...?

Nay, brother, nay, nay neig...

--------------------
Love wastefully

Posts: 1150 | From: Stockport | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I refuse to discuss this any further. There will be no further posts from me on this subject.
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I thought this was an extension to the thread about the thinker, but now I'm not so sure......

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jean Michel
Francophile
# 27

- Posted      Profile for Jean Michel   Email Jean Michel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by splosh:

I wear socks with sandles.

Did you know that you can now buy socks to wear with flip-flops? Sad, but true.

--------------------
A fish out of water, a bee without a hive,
such is a reporter, without a nearby dive.

Posts: 518 | From: Wortley, Leeds | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

Er, right.

Well, this would be all terribly interesting were it not coming from someone who has changed traditions more often than most people move house.

Oh, and no, you can't quote the rule book at me - you surrendered any right to that many months ago.

You're lucky I keep my word better than some other people I could mention.

--------------------

David
Complete Bastard
# 3

- Posted      Profile for David     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone else know what Eb'lis is?
Posts: 3815 | From: Redneck Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

- Posted      Profile for Xavierite         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's what happens when people like you hold to absurd exegetical approaches to the Bible.

But hey, that's the least of your faults, so don't worry about it...

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While I am overjoyed that you see me as an arrogant arse-manipulator, you are nothing to me, and less than nothing. If your brain is truly devoid of reasoning, incomprehensible in its lack of well ordered and maintained thought material, refrain from imposing your mental perambulations on other unfortunate homosapientes. (Note the verbal adjective "sapiens" meaning "reasoning/knowing." Sometimes I wonder whether you are indeed homosapiens, or merely homo... Just think of that: a blob in a human body with no brain whatsoever.)

I honestly cannot believe that someone like you would have such monumental cranial diahorrea all over a place like this. Well, I am just glad that I can walk out, and don't have to clean up the mess. I am glad I don't live with you, you arsesucking fuckwit.

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

quote:
Originally posted by David:
Anyone else know what Eb'lis is?

Here we go. I knew you'd be crawling out from under your rock around now.

Back in your bottle, my little djinn.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dyfrig:
Here we go. I knew you'd be crawling out from under your rock around now.

Back in your bottle, my little djinn.

I knew it. Another bloody gin thread.

dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

Look, I don't really know what your problem is - I can only assume that the Holy Spirit was off sick during your ordination service.

I've only two things to say to your message:

1. Why the hell would you want to be proud of that? and

2. No - you don't.

I'm out of here.

--------------------

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
as i said there will be no further posts from me on this subject.

this is final

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

I know EXACTLY what your problem is, frig Dy!

--------------------

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

quote:
Originally posted by sHag mE n'g':
Who are you to call anything pathetic supid and arrogant.

My arnt is a sychyertrst.
My favrite fim is Space balls

Ooooooooh! I'm SO scared I could yawn!

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Steady on, Ham/n/Eggs - are you trying to win the prize for getting thrown overboard before 2 June?! I think you need to calm down and have another relaxing holiday in Looe over half term......

--------------------

gbuchanan
Shipmate
# 415

We need something to go on the virtual barbeque to go with the virtual drink.

This being hell, heating and flames are not a problem - and the icebox is starting to melt, so get your orders in quick.

Current odds are evens on Ham'n'Eggs vs sHag mE n'g'.

Anyone got a parasol?

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

(NB> just posting to show that I get it now..... )

--------------------

Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh wonderful.

Yet another thread combining the talents of the usual collection of microcephalic halfwits who, as always, think that they are Noel Coward and St Thomas Aquinas rolled into one.

How very interesting.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gbuchanan:
We need something to go on the virtual barbeque to go with the virtual drink.

I have a list of shipmates I don't like. We could start with that.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016