homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Calling Erin to Hell (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Calling Erin to Hell
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, don't do that.
If you really care about quality posting, it's better to donate to organizations that are less corrupt - like me. Just send me whatever you were going to send to the Organ Fund, and you'll see some immediate tangible benefits from the extra slack and malicious favours I can provide. After all, we don't know how this "Organ Fund" money is being spent, and I haven't heard of a single organ benefitting from the fund. It's so obviously a scam.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
malicious favours
Sounds like a great movie title. It also rhymes with "delicious flavors".

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zeke
Ship's Inquirer
# 3271

- Posted      Profile for Zeke   Email Zeke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RooK's House of Kickbacks and Ice-Cream Stand.

--------------------
No longer the Bishop of Durham
-----------
If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? --Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5259 | From: Deep in the American desert | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:
How would people in Kent translate the American word retard? [Razz]

Northerner, poor soul.

[Snigger]

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ophthalmos:
What the FUCK is going on?! How has this thread got to 14 pages? What the HELL have you been talking about?! [Confused] [Eek!]

O brother Rob of the eye and the many changing names, the LORD has graciously provided an answer to your question.

Which can be yours, courtesy of me, for a suitably generous donation to the Organ Fund.

Otherwise the LORD says for you to do your own homework [Big Grin] .

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simply 'Normous:
quote:
Originally posted by Ultraspike:
Sorry to disappoint you, Sine. Not feeling very subtle today, even tho it is Spy Wednesday. [Razz]

Actually Ultra, that was The Riv. But we're frequently mistaken for one another, due to the similarity of our political & social convictions.

Kind of a male version of Laura and Louise.

Moreso since I was finally able to afford the extensive plastic surgeries necessary to look just.like.Sine (and wear his clothes).

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Riv:
quote:
Actually Ultra, that was The Riv. But we're frequently mistaken for one another, due to the similarity of our political & social convictions.

Kind of a male version of Laura and Louise.

Moreso since I was finally able to afford the extensive plastic surgeries necessary to look just.like.Sine (and wear his clothes).
You need to work a bit on the angle at which you're holding the cigarette, dear.
After that, we'll work on the rest of it. You did put in for at least two weeks of vacation? Will they be upset if you need some additional time?

[ 08. April 2004, 02:52: Message edited by: jlg ]

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... And I bet its got great potential as a fundraiser. Beats having to have an ethnic festival and making a bunch of baklava. Plus we wouldn't have to learn any strange dances for entertainment.

Dear SN:

Sorry, I have to pick someone to quote in an attempt to recoup the 9 pages that have elapsed since my previous post to this thread. Faint!

As an ethnic Greek, Russian, Antiochian, Romanian, Slavic, Celtic, Anglo-Saxon Orthodox Christian™, I am highly (nothing doing with colonics*) offended by this slur of yours. Sin.

Not only that, but you neglected an apostrophe. Mortal Sin.

Please be sure that you confess these during your reconciliation.

And yes, I'm feeding the Ship's Organ Kitty at this very moment - robbing my feline Fearless of Iams Chicken and Salmon Feast for the next year.I explained to her that she is a mere Peter to the Ancient Mariner's Paul. By the slit in her eyes and the snarl of her teeth, I assume she's not pleased. It will be worth her wrath though, even as she bites my face into shreds as I sleep tonight, to be numbered among the true flock.

*Thinking of colonics always reminds me of Brad Pitt in 12 Monkeys... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Grits
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
RooK's House of Kickbacks and Ice-Cream Stand.
[Killing me] I like it!

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Zeke
Ship's Inquirer
# 3271

- Posted      Profile for Zeke   Email Zeke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
No longer the Bishop of Durham
-----------
If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? --Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5259 | From: Deep in the American desert | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am deeply offended by the words "Organ Fund". How vile. Sheesh. Sounds dirty.

Okay, I caved in and gave $. But I did not do it out of the goodness of my heart. I gave cuz I wanna selfishly do another MG8 Ball thread and pick on a few of my favorite leftys again. Besides, being Protestant means I don't have a heart. I am cold as ice. Frozen.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe the term you were looking for was "frigid".
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What is it now?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's time for another pledge break. Will the Ancient of Ages (or Ancient Mariner) please tell us what our pledge goal is for today, and how close we are to making it?

Remember folks, SOF is here because of the support from its readers. Over 50% of the support for SOF comes from people just like you. Many of your friends and neighbors have pledged to SOF during our Spring Pledge Drive, so click that link at the top of the page now and make your pledge now to SOF.

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:
How would people in Kent translate the American word retard? [Razz]

Northerner, poor soul.

[Snigger]

OWWW...

Will some of you Catholic types please pray to stop the souls of my Lanky and Geordie ancestors thumping me with their clogs for giving Snarky that opening?

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Origianlly Posted by Duchess of Delights
and pick on a few of my favorite leftys again

I Object In The Style Of JohnBoot to your prolonged failure to flirt with us on a hell thread. [Devil]

Papio.

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Bede's American Successor:
It's time for another pledge break. Will the Ancient of Ages (or Ancient Mariner) please tell us what our pledge goal is for today, and how close we are to making it?

Remember folks, SOF is here because of the support from its readers. Over 50% of the support for SOF comes from people just like you. Many of your friends and neighbors have pledged to SOF during our Spring Pledge Drive, so click that link at the top of the page now and make your pledge now to SOF.

Couldn't preach it better myself but I think you need to put more emphasis on 'now'.

They need to be more like NOW...

Well, we've reached above and beyond the £500 I had faith for from this thread. That doesn't mean we are rich - it means we can, at last, pay some acute bills.

I shall give you an idea of what has resulted from this thread in due course - hopefully before close of play today (Maundy Thursday).

Please click that link, everybody who hasn't given. We're keen to action a site re-design and it costs serious money to do.

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If there is such an immediate and dire need, a more direct approach might be in order. Like an announcement: "Please give to the organ fund. We're broke!"

I happily give when asked, but this request was buried in a thread I didn't bother to read until today.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes.

Ancient Mariner - I will happily give as much as I can*, in addition to what I have given already, if the ship is in any danger of having to fold. And I think others, who may not have read this thread, may feel the same.

*which isn't a lot tbh, I am pretty skint at the mo, but honestly - I like the ship, as people may have noticed, and don't wanna see it go.

Papio

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like to encourage people to consider giving a donation every year on the anniversary of them joining the ship. That way the ship admins get a regular income they know they can rely on. (Not to say there shouldn't be extra, crazy fundraising activities like giving to guess a 'which shipmate is Erin thinking of now' competition, or a sponsored 'only post one post a day' competition, or some such.....), which can provide extra income.

What a strange subject this has become for Hell [Confused]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

That's right, everyone, help keep the Ship afloat, and freshly painted!

How much have I given personally?
Well, um, it's like this... I have a pretty dire personal financial situation. I'm having difficulty saving up for a Porsche.

Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Papio*:

Ancient Mariner - I will happily give as much as I can*, in addition to what I have given already, if the ship is in any danger of having to fold. And I think others, who may not have read this thread, may feel the same.

*which isn't a lot tbh, I am pretty skint at the mo, but honestly - I like the ship, as people may have noticed, and don't wanna see it go.

Moi aussi. I only gave cat food money last night, but my income tax refund check is on its way and I can give again when this check increases the sum of my bank account.

I sort of figure I'm celebrating 2500 posts - to an amazing Ship.

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

- Posted      Profile for Mr. Spouse   Email Mr. Spouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Just send me whatever you were going to send to the Organ Fund, and you'll see some immediate tangible benefits from the extra slack and malicious favours I can provide.

Do I get a ride in the Porsche?

--------------------
Try to have a thought of your own, thinking is so important. - Blackadder

Posts: 1814 | From: Here, there & everywhere | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by madferret:
Do I get a ride in the Porsche?

If you deliver yourself to wherever I am when I finally get it, pass my hygeine/mass/behaviour requirements for passengers, and sign the necessary waivers... sure thing.

If you talk to my previous passengers, however, you might want to rethink it.

chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I presume these standards include no throwing up as you go round bends at great speed?

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

To say the least.
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

And, just like that, we're reminded of the question: What would Jesus drive?

--------------------

Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

- Posted      Profile for Mr. Spouse   Email Mr. Spouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
If you talk to my previous passengers, however, you might want to rethink it.

Is that 'previous' as in no longer with us? [Snigger]

--------------------

Posts: 1814 | From: Here, there & everywhere | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

My lawyers have advised me to make no comment.
Grits
# 4169

That, of course, would be the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry. Advertisements for Tortuf's firm are not allowed.
Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

Hmmm, can I donate my place in the Porsche to Sine?

Or, better still, one of Erin's chosen few?

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Well, there's certainly no point in giving it to Siné - he's already got a reservation in my chariot of death.
Grits
# 4169

Hey -- he rides in my "Chariot of Death" all the time, and I've managed to talk him out of a lawsuit every time.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't remember. Is a ride in RooK's car a premium if you do plege or if you don't pledge?

(2nd prize: Two rides in RooK's car.)

Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

Doesn't sound like anyone's ever got to ride #2...

--------------------

Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marmotte:
If there is such an immediate and dire need, a more direct approach might be in order. Like an announcement: "Please give to the organ fund. We're broke!"

I happily give when asked, but this request was buried in a thread I didn't bother to read until today.

If it is at all possible, can you say how much it costs to run the ship, or is it too 'bitty' to be clear. Or is it policy not to mention the money-word too much?
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I promised I would return later and give you a summary of what we have raised from this thread, this week...

The total so far is a massively-encouraging £1100.57 (approx $2035 US) - more than double what my faith was believing for [Biased] - and your generosity gets us back in the black after a difficult period. Thank you very, very much.

[Overused] [Overused] [Overused]

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Thank-you Geezuus! Praise the Lord. [Yipee]
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

...and Spawn, don't forget, I made a special extra donation in your name.

Oh shucks. Don't mention it. I was glad to. No really. You don't have to pay me back. I wanted to do it. It came out of my Mite Box for the poor Third World children in Nigeria. I knew Archbishop Akinola didn't want my tainted money anyway.

Grits
# 4169

And see how easy it was! I'm going to a fundraiser tonight that will be fun. It's a giant fish fry at the fairgrounds for our inner city ministry, where we won't be seated good until they're telling us to whip out our checkbooks. Eat, give, then socialize or get out. It will be loud and informal, they will raise almost $100,000. They make no bones about it being a fundraiser, so there are no pretenses, no pleas, no pity-inducing slideshows, etc. Just people coming together to meet and greet and eat, and help out a very, very good cause.

In other words, from now on, when the Ship needs a little boost in funds, TELL US, for Pete's sake. Make it silly and fun, like this thread has been, and I think you'll always be given more "what your faith was believing for".

Way to go, SoF!

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
In other words, from now on, when the Ship needs a little boost in funds, TELL US, for Pete's sake.

Yes, Mariner, the Ship shouldn't ever have to not be in the black, for Pete's (whoever he is) sake.
Grits
# 4169

That would be Saint Peter, of course. [Angel]

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Oh right. The first Pope.

You and La Druid, always dragging Roman Catholicism into any discussion.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahem. He was our saint too.

--------------------

JohnBoot
BOOTED
# 3566

- Posted      Profile for JohnBoot   Email JohnBoot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
Ahem. He was our saint too.

Was? Been doing some culling lately?
Posts: 789 | From: Detroit | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Sorry, I was using "was" in the Clintonian sense.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Oh, how lovely.

Just had the nerve to open my tax return from my tax lady. Due to poor performance by certain gold mine stocks recommended by my investment "professional" I'm getting a bit back from the tax Nazis.

I'll be able to make an additional modest donation to the Ship in the name of JohnBoot. Erin will have to grin and bear that one.

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well people, we've come to the end of our time together.

Let's all go away and think about what just happened here.

Sarkycow, hellhost

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016