homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: your latest new best friend

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: your latest new best friend
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's time we had a thread in which we discussed the poor and needy of the world, those orphaned children of Nigerian billionaires who just need a little bit of help to extract their fortunes from beneath the noses of corrupt regimes - and who have personally selected you as their trusted agent.

My latest was surprisingly from a corrupt member, it seems, of the US military, Sgt Michael Cole. Maybe he thinks as a nasty lefty I will support corrupt military personnel. Though how silly of me - he pointed out it was from oil investments. Having it seems carefully selected me for my confidentiality and trustiworthiness, he writes
quote:
I am in need of your assistance, Am Michael Cole. The Sergeant of the Army of the United States, I have about 15.7 million US dollars that i want to move out of Iraq. I need a good partner,someone i can trust to actualize this venture.The money is from oil proceeds and legal.
But I want to move it by diplomatic means to your house directly or a safe and secured location of your choice using diplomatic security services and my personality as the Sgt. Can I trust you? Once the funds get to you, you take your 20% out and keep 80% for me. Your part of this deal is to find a safe place where the funds can be sent to and my part is sending it to you.
If you are interested reply and I will furnish you with more details. Kindly treat this email confidential as i won't want anything that will jeopardise my image as the Sgt.

Urgently awaiting your response.
Michael Cole.

I notice his English is not terribly good, so he may be of the George Bush school of military tactician, also known for interests in oil? Paradoxically this good and honest sergeant's email address is "sgtjohn.brown@us.army.mil" so he may have received some degree of identity confusion, perhaps as a result of shocking experience on the front line.

He has my deepest sympathy. Perhaps there are others like him, whose experiences you might share as you receive them. Perhaps you could suggest how I can help poor Michael Cole / John Brown, or how I should write back to him, what I should suggest he does with his much deserved windfall.

Suggestions, please - and similar tales of woe. The world is such an unhappy place. I just really just want to help.

[ 02. March 2011, 20:37: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

- Posted      Profile for Sir Pellinore   Email Sir Pellinore   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like you, I have been solicited by people such as this, usually from Nigeria.

I once 'won' a lottery in Spain and had to send in my bank details. Sadly, I was suspicious and didn't comply, hence missing out.

[Killing me]

It is a sad world. People more gullible than you or I have been fleeced.

--------------------
Well...

Posts: 5108 | From: The Deep North, Oz | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This Michael Cole must be quite a guy if he is 'the' sergeant of the Army of the US. Does he mean he's the only one, or so well known that all other sergeants are as nobodies? What wonders do you have that you have been selected by such a person out of all the other inhabitants of the world?

If he uses a different name for his emails, perhaps he is letting you know, as the sort of person who is familiar with such things, that he is in espionage. Or perhaps he is so special that he has dual identity and bilocation.

Don't write back though. Us ordinary people are not special enough for the likes of him.

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7610 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zappa, dear, you have my sympathy. In my capacity as a volunteer at the Cathedral office, I use their general e-mail account, and I've lost count of the number of honourable, Christian widows of Nigerian millionaires, who have terminal illnesses and would like to use us as a conduit for their wealth.

We even had one once telling us that we were beneficiaries in the will of the late Edward Heath (U.K. prime minister in the 1970s).

It's what the "delete" button is for. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A scary number of vicars have been caught out - they are too nice, you see. And they thought the Nigerian spam-mongers were just some more tramps come-a-knocking at the vicarage door for tea and sympathy.

Anyone remember the old-fashioned version of chain letters? Where, if you didn't make copies to send to all your friends (and send a postcard to the first person on the list), some terrible tragedy would befall somebody or something, somewhere? Oh, the guilt.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
However you can always console yourself with the scambaiting letters archive of 419eater

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Anyone remember the old-fashioned version of chain letters? Where, if you didn't make copies to send to all your friends (and send a postcard to the first person on the list), some terrible tragedy would befall somebody or something, somewhere? Oh, the guilt.

Luckily, Chorister, I do remember those, but in an earlier and more innocent guise. The ones I received back in the late '50s / early '60s were simply a sort of glorified and innocent (as far as I know) Penpal scheme.

Someone sent you a letter with the names and addresses of ten people. You were to send a postcard to the top person on the list. You then deleted the top name and added your name and address to the bottom and forwarded the letter to ten of your friends.

I forget the exact numbers, but the claim was that within X number of weeks you would receive Y number of postcards from all over the world!

Back then it was just the innocent fun of hoping to get lots of postcards (back when postcards were the postal equivalent of a text message or similar) and maybe even some from Foreign Countries! How exotic!

But, yeah, they usually had the vague but dire warning about breaking the chain.

I did my best, initially, but I don'tremember if I actually came up with ten people, but I dutifully sent off my postcard.

I received three or maybe four postcards. And I got my first dim understanding of Ponzi Schemes. [Smile] Math on paper is one thing, math as executed through vast numbers of individuals expected to all do the same thing is quite something else.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
But I want to move it by diplomatic means to your house directly or a safe and secured location of your choice using diplomatic security services and my personality as the Sgt. Can I trust you?
Of course. I want sincerely to assure you right away your money is 150% safe with me, I will not even tell my family that I have this money. I am very trustworthy person, I get many emails from people who have heard of my reputation and want me to help them with their money. I am sure you are honourable man also because I know that you are Sgt of the US Army, how many men ever reach this position? God clearly honour you and you have a great destiny.

quote:
Once the funds get to you, you take your 20% out and keep 80% for me.
Fine. I opened new bank account straightaway specially to receive the funds. To show trust I ask you to transfer some money to this account immediately on receipt of this email. I will confirm safe receipt and Almighty God will protect you from any fears you will have.

As you are military man of action and war hero with many medals, I want to compliment you on your style of writing. It is very fine. Truly, it can be model for the young people. Only one thing, the last two words in last sentence are not need to be there so I cross them out. Trust this is fine with you. I thank you for choosing me out of all people on the internet and look forward to hearing from you immediately at your earliest convenience.

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

Ooooh ... brilliantissimo! [Killing me]

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh! I have a friend, too! [Axe murder]

quote:
URGENT AND CONFFIDENSCIAL
That's a great start!

quote:
I wish to know if we can work together with one spirit. i would like you to stand as the beneficiary to my deceased client Mr. Morris Thompson Kogan, who made some deposits of $9.700, 000 (Nine Million Seven Hundred Thousand United states dollars) with my bank he died with out registering any nex of kin
Well, I'm always interested in my unknown family tree, especially those nex ones.

quote:
You can visit this website to confirm my information's to you at
Egypt Airline flight. website deleted he died without any registered next of kin and as such fund now have an open beneficiary so i want you to stand as one of the family member of late Mr. Morris Thompson Kogan to lam the money out from the bank, the bank must transfer this fund into your account without any much protocols on the way because i will be here to cover you up with my possition in the bank but i dont want the bank directors to be awiar that i am the one that conatct you.

I've always wanted to lam money. And what happens to an awiar bank director? It sounds dreadful. But why should I check Egypt Airline? Is there a round trip ticket waiting for me?!

quote:
if you are interested to work with me in this business transaction do let me know so that i can give you all the comprehensive details on what we are to do for the funds to be wired into your account, before my meeting with you for the disbursement of the fund in the ratio of 60% for me and 40% for you, i urgently hope to get your response as soon as possible as to enable us expedite action immediately without delay.
Gosh! Immediately without delay...I must move with uncharacteristic quickness...
On second thought...these bank managers nowadays must really skimp on their education. I'll wait until he can use capital letters and spell properly, then I'll delete him again.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

After all, if good said sir is verily keen he wil be conatct with you agian.

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The sad side of this is I have friends who work through a non profit to set up closed system internet programs for schools in Nigeria. Many of these children have never seen a book yet now a whole class can see programs in math, science, history and such. They ask for donations of used laptops to install in the school and often when people hear they are helping schools in Nigeria they think it is a joke or a scheme and will not donate. So sad.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
i want you to stand as one of the family member of late Mr. Morris Thompson Kogan to lam the money out from the bank
Why not, it's March and the lamming season is in full swing.

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
It sounds dreadful. But why should I check Egypt Airline? Is there a round trip ticket waiting for me?!

No, the money's most likely hidden in one of the Pyramids. (You must have heard of those pyramid schemes?)
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard that the father of the 'Christmas Day Bomber' tried to warn U.S. authorities about his son. Unfortunately Dad was a banker in Nigeria. I can just imagine him sending an email to the F.B.I. and when they discover it's from a Nigerian banker they file it as spam.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My new best friend doesn't even know my name, or anything about me. [Waterworks]

Dear Beneficiary
This is to officially inform you that your fund has been duly approved and
programmed for you via ATM Card after due reconciliation with the Audit
Report of the year ended. Your Personal Identification Number is 0920.
The ATM Visa Card is Valued at $7.5M you are advised to contact the
ATM/Department, Access bank plc nigeria . Contact the Treasurer, Secretary,
Director of Access bank plc nigeria , for further direction on how to receive Your
ATM Card. Contact information is as below; Email, Respond immediately with
the under listed Information?s for clarity and avoidance of error; For more
information you can call Mr. ross smith on this phone number :
+2347-8024778322
(1). FULL NAME,
(2). ADDRESS,
(3). PHONE NUMBERS,
(4). STATE/COUNTRY,
(5). OCCUPATION,
(6). SEX, AGE,
Prompt response recommended for immediate attention,
Regards,
MRS. FARIDA MZAMBER WAZIR
EFCC Executive Chairman,
Investigation Nigeria.
Contact the ATM/Department, ACCESS BANK PLC NIGERIA
Name: MR. ross smith
Treasurer, Secretary,

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Posts: 4318 | From: over th... no, there! | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Gosh, MR. ross smith is a Very Important Person™ - secretary, treasurer and phone answerer of such an august institution [Overused]

OTOH, MRS. FARIDA MZAMBER WAZIR may not know you by name, but she clearly understands the joy you will experience at this Very Good News ...

--------------------

Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It looks as though they have some competition, though... This group wants to avoid the "fraud stars".

Attn; Beneficiary:

The Board of International Monetary Fund/World Bank and Federal Ministry of Finance Benin Republic are here to notify you of your payment inherited funds of $1.7M USD have arranged to be transfer to you through HEADQUARTER WESTERN UNION SERVICE After the meeting held on 28th of FEBRUARY 2010. with His Excellence the PRESIDENT OF REPUBLIC DU BENIN (DR YAYI BONI) to avoid paying money to the fraud stars that is going on through the global or fraud stars Bankers, and you are required to reconfirm your name and address were you want your fund to be send through HEADQUARTER WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.

The maximum amount you will be receiving each day starting from tomorrow is the sum of US$5000.00.until the total fund is finished. In order to resolve this problem, please email Western Union Money Transfer Solicitors Fund Verification Department:

And We have already transfer your first $5000.00 so Contact Foreign Operation Manager western union DR. WILLIWM KALU on the M.T.C.N for your picking up with info below.

FORIEGN OPERATION MANAGER
E-mail: (western_unionpickup@qatar.io)
Phone: 00229-984-868-53

Yours in service.
Mr Andy Ugo, Finance Minister.
F?d?ral Republic of Benin.

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I'm glad the government of Benin is on top of things.

Even if their equivalent of Chancellor of the Exchequer is maybe spending a wee bit too much time emailing random people off the internet.

Do you suppose that's what they do at the Treasury here after a hard day's counting? Alastair and a few of the lads write off to people in Lagos offering them shares in the Bank of England on receipt of credit card details? I mean, it's worth a try.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is one I've never seen before -- I'm accused of sending "Three men and a Lady' (wasn't that a movie???) to claim my money. And they know it was me. But the email was sent to "undisclosed recipients"!
quote:
ABBEY NATIONAL BANK PLC EAST LINTON BRANCH ABBEY NATIONAL,
HOUSE 2 TRITON SQUARE REGENT'S PLACE, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM.
FOREIGN OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Atten: Beneficiary

Definitely, I know that this letter will be a surprising one to you.

Firstly, I will like to introduce myself formally as Mr.Anthonio Lorenzo, The Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director Abbey National Bank Plc. (A.N.B).

You are been officially contacted by me today because your Funds were Re-deposited into the "Federal Suspense Account" of (A.N.B) few month, because you did not Claim your funds as the rightful beneficiary in our corresponding bank.
Well known to all, The Abbey National Bank is the mother Bank of all commercial Banks here in London
This morning at about ( 9:00am Standard Pacific Time) I was alerted by my Secretary that Three men and a Lady were at my Office reception waiting to see me and so I told my Secretary to let them in.

To my surprise they were two Canadians and one London Attorney, and they introduced themselves as (Mr. Tim Parker, Mr. Roland Gulf, both from Canada ), and accompanied with them was a London Attorney with the name (BARRISTER JOHNSON DUKKY). And Miss Rose Joy.
Really these men were unexpected by me because their visit was impromptu. I had to ask them why they came to see me in person and they said that they were here to collect the Inheritance Bill Sum which rightfully belongs to you, on your behalf. These foreigners actually claimed this beyond reasonable doubts.

At this development I asked them who authorized them to come down to London for the Collection of this Payment and they told me that you asked them to come and collect this funds on your Behalf. Infect this was the biggest shock that this Bank have ever received so far because your funds is still in the "Federal Suspense Account" of A.N.B, yet you sent these men to come and collect this Funds on your behalf without notifying us.

The Bank do not understand why you sent these men to come and Collect your Funds on your behalf. If actually you want them to help you collect your funds, at least you should have informed me as the Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director of this Bank.

They actually tendered some vital documents which proved that you actually sent them for the collection of these Funds. Honestly, it really baffles me that you took such decision without my consent.

Here is the document which they tendered to this Bank today:

1. LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION.
2. AFFIDAVIT OF CLIAM.
3. ORDER TO RELEASE.

Actually, these documents which they tendered to this Noble Bank are a clear Proof that you sent them to Collect this Funds for you. Finally, I told them to come back by Monday morning and they promised to come back.

As the Chief Financial Officer of this Noble Bank, I was supposed to Release this Funds to them but I refused to do so because I wanted to hear from you first. Due to the Nature of my job, I will not want to make any mistake in releasing these funds to anyone except you whom is the recognized bonifires beneficiary to these Funds.

Kindly clarify us on this issue before we make this Payment to these foreigners whom came on your behalf.

In receipt of this confidential Letter, you are required to get back to this Bank immediately by email.

Note: that we have only 3 working days to here from you so as soon as we here from you your fund will be wired into your account within 24 banking hours.

SECURITY ALERT

To avoid any Discrepancy and Double Entry Of Claims you are required to Keep every information confidential to yourself, keep off entirely from PUBLIC UNTIL YOUR TRANSFER IS COMPLETED.

Mr.Anthonio Lorenzo
Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director
ABBEY NATIONAL BANK PLC

I can certainly imagine that "Infect this was the biggest shock that this Bank have ever received."

And I must say, I'm appalled at the way you Londoners speak English!

(Do English banks really use "Standard Pacific Time"?)

[ 01. March 2010, 23:46: Message edited by: Pigwidgeon ]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pigwidgeon, that was truly delightful. I'm a little worried about the lady, though - she appears to have disappeared about half-way through! Of course, she was a shady character from the beginning - no nation of origin, apparently.

Ah, what I'm missing thanks to my spam blocker!

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. And to be sent so soon after Abbey have stopped trading under that name too...

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

Maybe that's why they "have only 3 working days to here from you" (italics mine).

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a gal, my computer bookmarking her web site died so I don't have it, who loves to string these guys along.

She posted a series of letters in which she claims to believe everything, BUT she has a series of excuses, things in her life interrupt, so sorry, try again next week, she convinces them she needs to meet them in person to transfer the money but she can't get a visa to Nigeria, they'll have to fly to a third country where she will hand them the money in person. She claims to have her ticket, but whoops she misses the plane.

If you don't mind a slightly cruel treatment of a scammer, it's hilarious. She gets them to spend money flying to Cairo or wherever to meet her.

Ooh, I remembered the word "cowgirl" and got lucky on google. Alas, her web site is gone. But here's one story. http://www.eagle-wing.net/ClickPicks/Internet/Nigerian-01.shtml

Posts: 5830 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ooh! I have a friend, too! [Axe murder]

quote:
URGENT AND CONFFIDENSCIAL
That's a great start!

I think that's the first time I've seen one from someone who's been drinking.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
andythehat

Ship's Flying Monk
# 10399

- Posted      Profile for andythehat   Email andythehat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another 20 in my work inbox today. My favourite:
quote:
Dear friend,

It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive because you do not know me, Please forgive this unusual manner to contact you, but this particular letter/email is of exceptional and very private nature.

So, is it a letter or an email?
quote:

My name is Felix Ikpakpa,formal head of (secret)security to the then (late)president of Gabon,OMAR BONGO, who died Last june: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8090056.stm
I am sending you this mail because I want us to carry out a business transaction of($12.5million)together.

The THEN LATE President? Has he been ressurected?
quote:

Please if you are interested,contact me through my private email below:
EMail;- ikpakpaigho@aim.com

Sincerely,
F.Ikpakpa

A similar approach - 1st paragraph anyway:
quote:
Greetings,

It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive because you do not know me, Please forgive this unusual manner to contact you, but this particular letter/email is of exceptional and very private nature,as by virtue of my vantage position in Hang Seng Bank Ltd -Hong Kong i have a lucrative business proposal of mutual interest to share with you.There is no way for me to know whether I will be properly understood, but it is my duty to write and reach out to you,TRUSTING that you will give this proposal a positive consideration.

I am Mr.Jon Chan a South Korean and one of the Director of Hang Seng Bank Limited here in Hong-Kong.I will need you to assist me in executing a business project from our bank worth US$25.5 Million.These funds were deposited with our bank by a customer of our bank who is a national{citizen} of your country/region,who unfortunately died in the December 2004 Asia Tsunami disaster. I shall furnish you with more information’s about this operation when l receive your reply.

Should you be interested, please send me those information’s

1.Full names,
2.Age
3.Occupation,
4.Private phone number,
5.Current residential address.

Via this email address :- jonchochan@aim.com

Your earliest response to this letter will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mr.Jon Chan
Hang Seng Bank Limited
Hong Kong.{Asia}
Email:- jonchochan@aim.com

Lucky me - I've also won two lotteries today, without ever having bought a ticket.

And I can highly recommend Erroneous Monk's suggestion of the 419eater website!

--------------------
Get your warm fuzzy feeling here!

Posts: 302 | From: Cambridge, but now Malmesbury, Wiltshire | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Loved the busted up cowgirl site - made my day. Much better than the new scammy I received today:
quote:

As you read this,I don't want you to feel
sorry for me ...

I don't, but you know ... get over it

quote:
because I believe everyone will
die someday.

No shit? Bloody rocket scientist at work.

quote:
Please do not be surprise the way I got your contact, its obvious that this proposal will come to you as a big surprise.This is because we have not met you before but I am inspired to send you this email, my Name is Rita Osborne suffering from cancerous ailment.I am married to Sir
Williams Osborne an Englishman who is dead. My husband was into private practice all his life before his death.we live together as husband and wife which lasted for three decades without a child. My husband died after a protracted illness,My husband and I made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the less-privileged individuals as he had passion for persons who can not help themselves due to physical disability or financial predicament.

My heart friggin' bleeds. Must be a pain to be married to a dead knight. Glad he didn't privately practice after his death, though.

Et bloody cetera. Transpired the poor dear has had a stroke as well as terminal cancer, that her 'husband relatives are bourgeois and very
wealthy persons' and so on.

Strangely she sends, my dear Rita, her home address:

quote:
42 Dryden Street,
Leicester, L15,
England

Has that moneygrabbing bastard Brown shortened the UK post codes now, too? And the only Dryden St I can find in Leicester is LE1 3QE. Oh, and damn it, a quick Google earth of that address provides a vacant parking lot in a light industrial estate. [Confused]

Just another of life's disappointments, I guess.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Axe murder] This one will just tug at your heartstrings.

quote:
hooper lee says: Dear Beloved,Mi querido amigo I am Mr. Hooper Curtis Lee, at present I am suffering from throat cancer and have a hole in the heart. My attending medical practitioner has just informed me that my days are counted because of my degraded health.
You poor thing, you. And bless your little ...ummmm...holey heart.

quote:
My matrimonial situation is such as I do not have a wife and even less children to whom I could bequeath my heritage.
Now, couldn't you just cry? He has less than zero children. [Waterworks]

quote:
It is because of this I would like gracious and with the aim of help stripped to give you this known as heritage rising to a value of $9.5 million US dollars for you to use it to help the orphans, victims of war, HIV/Aids, and expand the work of God in your country, after receiving the fund you shall have 10% for yourself and 5% to cove any expenses you will incur during the transfer of this fund to you in your country and the remaining 85% be for the said project.
Wow. That's quite a sentence, there. Not quite sure what "aim of help stripped" means, but that's OK since you are such a philanthropist. And I shall cove my expenses, too. You are the charmer!

quote:
As you can see this is a very hard to take but I have no option than to will out this deposit before my major operation in few days from now therefore I would like you to think about it very well and forward to me your complete data, full name, address, age, occupation and telephone number, etc. I count on your goodwill and especially the good use of these funds for your endeavours. God bless you and your family. My regards, Mr. Hooper Curtis Lee
Yes, indeed. This is a very hard to take. What a great idea! I should will out my deposit, too. Do you find that works for you? I'm just really, really surprised that you need all my complete data. We're such good friends, and I was very hurt that you didn't remember me on my birthday.

ps...if your days are counted, I wouldn't bother with a major operation if I were you. Oh. I'm the operation! I get it now! [Biased]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For those who want to perfect this art form, there is professional training and support available, such as this
http://j-walk.com/other/conf/index.htm

Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

I now have the Real Deal™!! A proposal!!

quote:
Hello Love,

How are you doing today?
I am Dr.Benjamin John by name ,a royal naval doctor from UK.I am 40yrs old and have a daughter but with no wife.

I came across your contact in online dating site and decided to write you to let you know that you match my criteria for a woman that I will like to spend the rest of my life with.I am not here for games or child's play,if you know you are for real and ready to settle down, please write me back or call me through my direct mobile no +447-92404-9552 or email me (infodrben-johnson@yahoo.co.uk)

Patiently waiting for your reply.

Dr.Benjamin J.
National naval base
hospital,United kingdom.

CAN I BE UR MAN

[Yipee] It must be true love! Even if he talks funny, I'm sure he must be "for real", too.

So, when am I supposed to give him all my money? [Killing me]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
I am not here for games ...

Bugger. How dull. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Avila
Shipmate
# 15541

- Posted      Profile for Avila   Email Avila   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey I have a very keen friend - so keen he sent this 4 times!!

quote:
Attn: Friend, I am Samuel Reid (Esq.) Attorney and secretary to my late deceased clientof Gulf Stream crude oil. Prior to his unexpected death in August 2006deposited $15.5M USD on trust with a Bank. Eventually, he died in a planecrash and since his death nobody has Apply for the claims of his estate asthe next of kin. He died intestate. It is a situation I have monitored closely. Now having monitored thisdeposit and managed it over the years before his death and hence nobodyhas showed up as the next of kin for the past years. I now solicit foryour assistance to present you as the next of kin as every otherarrangement has been concluded by me. I am only waiting for a foreigner totake possession of the deposit. There is no risk attached to it as theentire document required for claims will be obtained legally by me as hisproxy. I cannot make claim regarding the funds, all I have to do is to donatesomebody as his next of kin and beneficiary to make claim of the said fundfor us to share as Partners. I therefore request you to confirm yourinterest by a return message and I will forward details and moreinformation on how to go about the subject matter. To facilitate a rather more secured link with you, kindly indulge me withthe following: 1). Full Names, sex and Address2). Telephone, Fax and Cell phone numbers Your respond must be direct to: Email: sreidassociate@gmail.com This project is ready for execution as soon as I hear from you. I lookforward to your swift response to this letter. Sincerely Yours. Samuel Reid (Esq.)Principal Partner (Samuel Reid & Associates)
not sure what relevance my experience of sex has to do with this no risk transaction [Ultra confused]

--------------------
http://aweebleswonderings.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1305 | From: west midlands | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
all I have to do is to donatesomebody as his next of kin and beneficiary...
If I were you I'd want to know to whom he plans to donate you.
[Ultra confused]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Avila, I just want to know how he knows you are next of kin without knowing your name!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

He DNA tested Avila's web-print ...

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016