homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As the dust settles after the opening game of Mafia, I'm now recruiting players for the next round. I'm hoping this game will have more players than the last one, as I'm introducing a few refinements this time.

First and most important, there will be no prior information about what roles exist and in what numbers. There could be detectives, doctors, mafiosi and others in any combination. (I'll try to keep it fair, though.) Roles may not necessarily have their usual names.

Secondly, we'll be using a 'godfather' method for assassinations, so that only one named gangster need PM me with the name of each night's victim.

Thirdly, a couple of changes to the voting system. Although I'm still looking for absolute majorities, in the event of exactly half the players voting to lynch a single person, that person will be lynched unless every other voter votes for the same other candidate, or else every other voter abstains. Any split among the second half will be enough to hang the victim. Also, you can no longer vote for yourself, although you may commit suicide.

Fourthly, I will only announce endgame situations when I think the players have enough information about roles to work it out.

My sincere thanks to the players of the first game; I hope as many of you as possible will join us again in this round. Your fantastic roleplaying made the game an absolute joy to run.

Respond here if you would like to play!

T.

[ 14. May 2007, 20:02: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes please!

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

- Posted      Profile for Fool of a Took   Email Fool of a Took   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Young Meriadoc Took, having been left in the care of a kindly neighbour after her mother's untimely death, grew up and moved to...

...where is this game set then?

I'm in.

Posts: 1205 | From: Toronto-ish | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One further note: You are permitted to claim to be any role you like. Just remember that claiming a particular role is likely to make you a target for that role's enemies, whether or not you truly have that role.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ricky's twin brother, Roger, inherits the business. But given the unfortunate demise of his INNOCENT brother (did you get that Chelley, innocent [Biased] ), he looks for an opportunity to relocate....

I'm in.

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
Originally posted by Fool of a Took:
...where is this game set then?

Welcome, prospective citizens, to Cosenza Beach, NJ - founded as a tourist resort, but now a run-down port adjoining Pesto City. Gang activity is high in the area, and the few remaining policemen are so ineffective, they must surely be in the pay of the mob. Time for responsible people to take the law into their own hands?

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Miss Smudgeson had, of course, a younger sister. Now where was it she was located again?
Wherever it was, she's in!

[E.T.A.} Aha... so that's where she is, is it?

[ 13. October 2006, 12:24: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
AnnaF
Shipmate
# 10606

- Posted      Profile for AnnaF   Email AnnaF   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is there still space for another to play?

AnnaF

Posts: 53 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
Originally posted by AnnaF:
Is there still space for another to play?

Of course! The more the merrier.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BL looked down at her red shoes in amazement. It worked! Somehow, in the twinkling of an eye, she had been picked up and transported from Pesto City to Cosenza Beach. BL wandered down the broadwalk, eyes wide in amazement. She was in a whole new story. 'I hope the munchkins are nicer here' she thought to herself...

Dorothy is IN.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dr Gumby the brain surgeon looked out of the window suspiciously. A lot of the townspeople, despite being as new to the neighbourhood as him, seemed to know each other already! He'd heard about the terrible business in Pesto City - could any of these people have been involved? He'd have to watch his back, just in case. At least he wouldn't be defenceless, he thought as he carefully arranged his frightening array of scalpels.

[Getting the right professional title]

[ 13. October 2006, 12:48: Message edited by: The Great Gumby ]

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Roger was delighted to quickly find suitable premises for his new shop. He would carry on with the family business of course, the Rugmakers had sold rugs for many generations –at least 2. But his brother Ricky had certainly not grown rich on rugs – it was time to diversify.

Roger had always liked a good tune, so the answer seemed obvious. In addition to rugs hand-woven in the sweatshops of Pesto City, he would also sell musical instruments. He begins to set up a stunning window display of violins, alongside a selection of carrying cases.

--------------------

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

- Posted      Profile for leonato   Email leonato   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Count me in please!

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Posts: 892 | From: Stage left | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, in the other game, did the detective 'know about' someone (ie whether or not the one they asked about was mafia)? Will it be clear what makes the different roles unique, otherwise all the doctors and detectives in the world will be just ordinary citizens when it comes down to it?
(In the RL game I'm familiar with: 'Angel, Archangel, Mafia', the angel can know about someone, the archangel can save someone and the mafia do their usual thing!) In this game is the doctor same as archangel and detective, angel?

Anyway, I'm in (if my fellow players can cope with that? [Eek!] )

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

quote:
Originally posted by Chelley:

Roger decides to install the extra-strong shutters on his new shop....

--------------------

dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll play again!

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr. and Mrs. Cuppy decide to move their family to larger quarters. Mrs. Cuppy would like a nice house with a garden and an attached portion which could be used as a shop. The children are hoping for something close to the beach. They find just what they are looking for in Cosenza Beach. The all make the change and Mrs. Cuppy sets up her first business venture doing what she knows best -- making gourmet chocolates.

I'm in -- if you all can stand my very limited abilities at role playing.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nurse Dorothy busied herself about the brand new clinic. It was a beautiful day at Cosenza Beach and she was pleased that it was a quiet morning. She hadn't met the receptionist or the doctor yet. In fact the only person she had spoken to since her arrival was her landlord. A lady with piercing eyes and long red nails who seemed strangely familiar...

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Linguo

Ship's grammar robot
# 7220

- Posted      Profile for Linguo   Email Linguo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nobody knew what had brought the young man in grey to Cosenza Beach. But was his resemblance to Pesto City's infamous mafiosa a coincidence?

In other words, I'm in.

Posts: 997 | From: around and about the place | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rugmaker:
quote:

Roger decides to install the extra-strong shutters on his new shop....
I won't say a word this time.

Chelley the hermit (distant cousin of the nice bookseller brutally murdered with a giant egg sandwich) lived in a small wooden shack on the edge of town, near the sea. She kept herself to herself, fed the birds, prayed for the townsfolk and read a lot of books. It was a quiet and simple existence...

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
So, in the other game, did the detective 'know about' someone (ie whether or not the one they asked about was mafia)?

Yes. Each round, the detective asked me about one citizen - that's the detective's night action. I would respond with whether someone was Mafia or Citizen.

In general, questions about how the first game played out should be asked on that thread, by the way.

quote:
Will it be clear what makes the different roles unique, otherwise all the doctors and detectives in the world will be just ordinary citizens when it comes down to it?
The detective (if there is one) will be told whether the investigated individual is a member of the mob or not. The doctor (if there is one) will look like a citizen to the detective. Some games have roles which can gain different information about certain non-citizen roles. I'm making no comment as to whether we're going to have any of those or not. [Devil]

The citizens, together with roles like the detective and the doctor, form one Faction, and the Mafiosi form another. The detective can tell the two apart.

quote:
(In the RL game I'm familiar with: 'Angel, Archangel, Mafia', the angel can know about someone, the archangel can save someone and the mafia do their usual thing!) In this game is the doctor same as archangel and detective, angel?
Correct. I've never played with those roles, though. I mostly play 'Are You A Werewolf?' IRL, which features Peasants, Werewolves, a Seer, and sometimes an Alchemist (Citizens, Mafiosi, Detective and Doctor respectively).

T.

--------------------
Little devil

dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Chelley the hermit (distant cousin of the nice bookseller brutally murdered with a giant egg sandwich)

I think we should be on the watch out for giant chickens, either that or look forward to some great English breakfasts! [Two face] [Biased]

<eating big breakfast makes messy eggy code!>

[ 13. October 2006, 13:18: Message edited by: dolphy ]

--------------------

Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I must admit I've not yet read through all the rules for this version, but want to sign up now just in case you start playing without me!!!
Posts: 472 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in.

And bloody well listen to me this time, ok?

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Autumn Wreath Road tossed her slightly battered briefcase full of rent receipts into the back of her Jaguar convertible, and headed for the shore road. Cosenza Beach was undergoing a nice boomlet in business. Now, how to restore the tourist business here without attracting the Mafia who had left neighbouring Pesto City a depopulated shell?

Cross-posted with bloody well everyone, she braked suddenly at a postbox and dropped in a hastily scrawled postcard addressed to Little Red Devil: "I'm in."

[ 13. October 2006, 13:21: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

Thanks Teuf... I asked here cos I thought it might be helpful for others too, before we start the next game. I'm about to wander off to the old game to make a further comment there...!!

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

quote:
Originally posted by Eliab:
I'm in.

And bloody well listen to me this time, ok?

Nice to have a modest, understated lawyer in town again....

--------------------

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Under the cover of darkness, a young stranger climbs off the train. "So this is Cosenza Beach" , he thinks to himself, "what a dive." But, dive or not, Little Stevie Peterson was here to find the girl he loved, who'd broken his heart. The day when she'd left him at the altar would live long in his memory, but he knew he still wanted her; and now he'd heard that she'd fled to Cosenza Beach, he was determined to track her down. And when he found her, he intended to make her reconsider... by any means necessary.

The rainrops bouncing off his head like tennis balls, Little Stevie headed for the nearest bar; anything to get out of the rain. Teufelchen's sounded like a strange name for a bar, but Little Stevie wasn't too concerned. Upon entering the bar, however, he immediately felt the spotlight of the locals' suspicion fall upon him. The bar's clientele was certainly unusual - a dolphin, a penguin, a pair of boots, a light switch, a big flag, a masked swordsman on horseback and Professor Stephen Hawking stared at him. Then Little Stevie's acid flashback ended, and he approached the devilish looking figure at the bar. He was about to order a scotch on the rocks, when the bartender stopped him.

"You're new in town, huh?"

"Sure am, sir" , came Little Stevie's response. Then, as he was about to make another attempt at ordering, the bartender spoke again:

"Are you in or out?"

Little Stevie was unsure what was happening here. Was this a pick-up line? Little Stevie wasn't sure what he would be "in" for, but he figured if he said he was "out", he could find himself at the centre of the local gay scene. And how would he ever win back his sweetheart then?

After a moment's thought, Little Stevie lowered his voice to a whisper: "I'm in." A flicker of a smile crossed the bartender's face before dropping away. Little Stevie ordered his drink, and then wondered what the hell he'd got himself involved in...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would also enjoy being involved this time around.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[i]As the train chugs out of the station, alone on the platform stands... Miss Celeste Smudgeson, the small tear in her eye the only visible sign of her recent bereavement. She and her older sister had never got on that well but still she had been a motherly figure who had always welcomed Celeste with warm open arms, if with a slightly disapproving look in her eye. For Cynthia to have been done to death by the mafia, in such a cruel and heartless way, is beyond Celeste's understanding and she shudders to think of her poor sister so maltreated.

However that was far removed from her current circumstances and Celeste is a girl with a mission. Hitching up her rather revealing skirt and adjusting the unaccustomed stockings, she sallies forth to see what adventures this town has to offer.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ezio the bartender pulls a pint for the latest newcomer. This used to be such a nice dive before all these oddly assorted characters walked/rolled/swam into the place today. But they've all got money, and that works in this joint.

I'm in.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in. If thats still ok.
growled the stranger at the bar

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
Originally posted by christianjimmy:
I'm in. If thats still ok.

Plenty of room for everyone!

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The new girl in town pays the cab driver, looks around and wonders why she ever came here anyway. She walks up the path to her long-lost mothers front door, and nervously rings the doorbell.

When her mother answers, a look of surprise crosses her face quickly, and she hastily stubs out her half-finished cigarette on the run-down pront porch.

"Well", says her mother, "you coming in?".

Softly Izzy replies "I'd love to come in, if I can"

If you guys are still taking applications and can stand my horrible writing style (I'm very new at role-playing anything), that is [Smile]

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
Originally posted by Izzybee:
If you guys are still taking applications and can stand my horrible writing style (I'm very new at role-playing anything), that is [Smile]

We're definitely still taking applications. The more complex starting setup I've got planned will benefit from more people.

And don't forget that this is not intrinsically a role-playing game. No-one should feel they have to role-play in order to participate - it's all just to add colour.

The main thrust of Mafia is the contest between the informed minority and the uninformed majority.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

dolphy

# 862

So, this is what La Cosa Nova is all about [Eek!]
Death by knitting needles and wools!

It's all just to add colour... note who posted that!!!! [Eek!]

[ 13. October 2006, 15:21: Message edited by: dolphy ]

--------------------

Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"This is where you get off," says the bus driver. Zorro gets off the bus at La Cosa Nova, looks around. "Seems a nice little town. Somewhere to lie low after last month's escapades. Probably a good move just to keep things on the low for a bit." He wanders off from the bus stop high in the hills above the beach town, as the early morning sun glares at him, the rays penetrating his conscience. He walks down the long, winding road to the town centre, his hand clutching the Beretta in his trousers-after Pesto City, he's learned no-one's safe.

I might as well be in for this round too [Snigger]

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

I'm going to be away from the machine that holds my Master Plan™ until Monday now, although I'll probably be logging on from elsewhere in the interim. Players are free to join until at least Monday morning, therefore.

Thanks to all who have signed up so far. Roles will be handed out early next week.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

Excellent, thanks for running the game T.

[ 13. October 2006, 18:14: Message edited by: Rugmaker ]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
well, if I'm going to read everything here, I might as well join in at the same time. count me in

I'll close the other one, if my glamourous co-host hasn't done so already.

also, once this is over, succesful or not The Mafia will go away and not be heard about for quite a while, if you get my drift.

[ 13. October 2006, 18:18: Message edited by: Papa Smurf ]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
AnnaF
Shipmate
# 10606

- Posted      Profile for AnnaF   Email AnnaF   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Anna Fischer sat kicking her feet against the Cosenza Beach docks. She watched the coloured trap buoys dancing on the waves. The resting gulls stared back, replete with their day's catch.

"It's funny how things turn out." She thought. Her old friends would have laughed to see her now. Hell! she'd have laughed herself. But it was a good life, and the quiet routine suited her - you couldn't really put a price on the freedom to think without those awful twins, hurry and worry. Fishing was, when it came down to it, perfectly safe as houses. Whoever came into town, they always seemed to be hungry. What difference was it to her whether she sold lobster to a restaurant or to one of those canteens the dockers favoured? Even Teufelchen's often bought a couple to impress the more extravagent clientele.

She looked again. Far in the distance a wall of shadows raced landwards across the waves.

"Perhaps I'd better go and get the crawlers in now, before that storm blows all our houses down?" She mused.

IN and settling down somewhere with a view. [Cool]

Posts: 53 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:

also, once this is over, succesful or not The Mafia will go away and not be heard about for quite a while, if you get my drift.

Buried under the north end zone at Giants Stadium, you mean?
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Teufelchen, can the Mafia PM with each other, arranging strategies, setting up victims, etc.? But other players should not PM each other about their roles in the game, speculations, etc.?

Fellow Citizens, please note I am asking this before Teufelchen has notified anyone who they are, so no suspicion of me as Mafia, Detective, Doctor, Unidentified Tart, or any other mysterious role should attach to me for asking!

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An identified tart strolls into town, swinging her hips. How fortunate, she thinks, that Hell didn't want me and Heaven wouldn't have me. Now I'm back as one of the Undead, and as long as I stay clear of stakes and silver crosses, I'll be just fine. No more nylon stockings, though.

She fingers a long fang thoughtfully. Wonder if I can get the guys down at the bar to think these are just a fashion statement? Sure hope so. I'm getting thirsty already.

She strolls on, looking in the shop windows. Oddly enough, there is no reflection as Lambiekins passes by. She turns into the bar and chooses a juicy prospect to sit with.

[ 14. October 2006, 03:12: Message edited by: Lamb Chopped ]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Nurse Dorothy checked the tray carefully. She wanted to make a good impression on the great Dr.Gumby, now that she had been summoned to his treatment room. Did she have everything he had ordered? Saline solution? Check. Fire helmet? Check. Fishnets, feather duster and pencil sharpener? All there. Dorothy straightened her hat with the red cross on it, polished the toes of her red shoes with a tissue, took a deep breath, replaced the cover on the tray and walked up the hallway with it to face her new boss.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I join? I did not enjoy being wacked last time.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
oooo a true vamp! I'm looking forward to this!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
3am in the cheapest of cheap motels. Little Stevie Peterson awakes, his memories of the previous night jumbled in his mind. That bar... the mysterious bartender... that lobster... the lobster. Little Stevie's stomach turned like a washing machine drum. He bolted from his room, down the hall to the bathroom, and last night's lobster made a sudden and violent reappearance. "I won't be eating there again" , he thought to himself as he walked back towards room 164.

At the door to his room, however, Little Stevie noticed two things that he'd previously missed. Firstly, on his doorstep, was a cutting from the early edition of the city's newspaper, the Cosenza Circus. It seemed the town's mayor, Pappy O'Smurfson, was keen to rid the city of its mafia connections for good. Or at least for as long as he could. Secondly, on the dresser in room 164 was a note, which read simply: WELCOME ABOARD. STAY HERE AND AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. Little Stevie went back to bed, but the mix of thoughts and half-remembered events conspired to stop him from returning to sleep. What had he got himself into? Who had sent him the note? And how had he ended up with those particularly vicious bitemarks on his neck? If only he'd known what was about to unfold...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie Boy Wonder:
the town's mayor, Pappy O'Smurfson,

eh ?
since when was I Mayor ?
I thought the person running the game was Mayor !

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Ah, my mistake. I just figured since you were talking about putting the mafia away for a very long time, you must be an important figure to be in the position to do that.

So who are you anyway, so-called Papa so-called Smurf?

--------------------

Also by the same author

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016