homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Purgatory: Credo: The Vote is In!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Purgatory: Credo: The Vote is In!
Duo Seraphim
Ubi caritas et amor
# 256

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim   Email Duo Seraphim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Council has voted and the winners of Credo have been clearly discerned!

They are:

1st Pyx_e who wins "God Matters" by Herbert McCabe

2nd Divine Outlaw Dwarf, who wins "Faith Seeking" by Denys Turner

3rd Doc Tor who wins "The Pursuit of Happiness - God's Way: Living the Beatitudes" by Servais Pinckaers

...and finally zealot en vacance wins "How to Read the Bible Every Day" by Carmen Rojas.

We'll be in touch with the winners or the winners might like to PM IngoB with delivery details for their prizes.

I'd like to thank everyone who entered Credo and all of those who voted.

And most especially I would like to thank IngoB both for suggesting the idea and for his generous sponsorship of the prizes and his invaluable help to me in running Purgatory's very first competition.

Duo Seraphim, Purgatory Host

[ 02. January 2007, 19:35: Message edited by: RuthW ]

--------------------
Embrace the serious whack. It's the Catholic thing to do. IngoB
The Messiah, Peace be upon him, said to his Apostles: 'Verily, this world is merely a bridge, so cross over it, and do not make it your abode.' (Bihar al-anwar xiv, 319)

Posts: 7952 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And here's the complete tally of votes with links to the Creeds, winners in bold:

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, Ingo, that must have taken you forever to put together. [Overused]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done, everyone.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
noneen
Shipmate
# 11023

- Posted      Profile for noneen   Email noneen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
congrats to all - its nice to be voted for, regardless of 'place' ... i enjoyed the process!!
Posts: 472 | From: ireland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope Pyx_e is still around to see his triumph!

Curious

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't believe I got 8 votes. I was fully expecting to get 0. [Eek!]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

- Posted      Profile for Newman's Own     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did enjoy reading the entries, but must say that Pyx_e's effort was brilliant. [Overused]

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth
“History as Revelation is seldom very revealing, and histories of holiness are full of holes.” - Dermot Quinn

Posts: 6740 | From: Library or pub | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Banner Lady waves flag vigorously. The winners' efforts will be used in some contemporary services Down Under. My deepest admiration to all who rose to the challenge. It was inspiring to read the results. Thank You SoF.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Foxy
Shipmate
# 2409

- Posted      Profile for Foxy   Email Foxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It WAS inspirational, wasn't it? I was moved and challenged and edified by so many people's entries. I'm grateful to everyone who gave it a go.
Posts: 499 | From: 11 blocks west | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mudfrog
Shipmate
# 8116

- Posted      Profile for Mudfrog   Email Mudfrog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would the one person who voted for mine please pm me? I am deeply grateful not to have received 'nul points'. I would like to thank you personally.

*walks away thinking: ' 1 point!! Ah well, at least I'm not average...'*

--------------------
"The point of having an open mind, like having an open mouth, is to close it on something solid."
G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 8237 | From: North Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016