homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Favourite T-shirts

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Favourite T-shirts
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have just expanded my T-shirt collection again.
There are some that I love.

The 'This T-shirt is 100% Organic- 65% Baby Seal, 25% Panda and 10% Manatee' for example.

Or the 'name tag' T-shirt that says 'Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, You killed my father. Prepare to die.'

Do you have any favourites to tempt me to enlarge my collection?

[ 30. October 2009, 09:29: Message edited by: Firenze ]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm considering this one, this one, this one, or this one for work.

this one just cause it makes me smile

same here.

and I'll probably never get this one but I'm tempted!

(sorry for all the links, hosts)

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The man, the legend.
Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
Or the 'name tag' T-shirt that says 'Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, You killed my father. Prepare to die.'

I want that T-shirt. Every time I come across it on t'internet I think that. If I ever go to an event that has those little 'Hello, my name is...' stickers, that's what's going on it!

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On a tacky tourist stall on Oxford street I found T shirts with acrylic printed animals faces. One hippo, for my Flanders and Swann singing parter in crime, and one cat's face for me. Large as a breastplate.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A guy in our church always has bizarre t-shirts - my favourite is this one:
Spoilt!

I think I'd lose my fluffy bunny status if I wore this one:

Waaah!

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I fancy the first one of these:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/shoppingandfashion/6168503/20-coolest-Christian-T-shirts-for-sale-on-web.html

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One I spotted at Cropredy that almost made me spit my beer.

Also spotted at Cropredy, and one that I think Honest Ron Bacardi might like.

One for major geeks

I'll come back with a piccy of the one I've dug out after a hiatus recently as soon as it's out of the laundry pile...

AG

(Edited to unbugger the code...)

[ 11. September 2009, 13:45: Message edited by: Sandemaniac ]

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like just about anything from ThinkGeek. The Spanish Inquisition would be a good one for our community.

I'm fond of the WiFi detector myself.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I liked the Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock one on the same site as the Spanish Inquisition.

I'm very happy to have recently acquired a Woodforde's Wherry T-shirt. Love the beer, love the boat.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooooh .... I think I've jut done my christmas shopping on this thread [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This one looks like it belongs on the old T n T board.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
NJA
Shipmate
# 13022

- Posted      Profile for NJA   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slogans:
"people don't talk about Tchaikovsky anymore"

Or, for wearing over a shirt in central Dublin:

"The Council banned me giving you vital written information - please ask for details"

Posts: 1283 | From: near London | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Where did you get it? I've come across that and the Inconceivable! One, but I can't remember where I saw them [Waterworks] I want both of them for my collection.

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Double posting to say don't bother. I found both of them on Think Geek - thanks!

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
WearyPilgrim
Shipmate
# 14593

- Posted      Profile for WearyPilgrim   Email WearyPilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My recent favorite was worn by a toddler whom I met at the supermarket. It read:

I TRIED TO BE GOOD . . .
BUT I GOT BORED.

That'll preach!

Posts: 383 | From: Sedgwick, Maine USA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Then there's

quote:
Life is too short to drink cheap wine
and the Voldemort T-shirt:

quote:
Stop calling me "That One." Were you raised in a barn?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My favorite shirts are from a local designer, the girl and rhino. They specialize in combining very nicely drawn animals with hilarious observations and one-liners.

I have one with a hummingbird thinking "things will be different when I learn to breathe fire", and another with an angry fish demanding his bicycle back.

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw someone the other day wearing one with a picture of the ascent of man (you know, ape, few hominids, man) with the man turning round and saying 'Stop following me!'

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cinnamon cicada
Shipmate
# 14205

- Posted      Profile for Cinnamon cicada   Email Cinnamon cicada   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"I used up all my sick leave so I called in dead."

Another has a rather dejected-looking Sylvester the cat with the words "Rebel without claws".

My husband was given a black T-shirt with the Camel cigarettes logo. Above the logo is "9 out of 10 men who've tried Camels..." then after the logo: "...prefer women".

--------------------
The most inward and loving of all, he came forth like a new beginning,
the brown-robed brother of your nightingales,
with his wonder and goodwill, and delight in Earth...
Rainer Rilke

Posts: 251 | From: Fifth pew from the front, left side | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
NJA
Shipmate
# 13022

- Posted      Profile for NJA   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by M.:
I saw someone the other day wearing one with a picture of the ascent of man (you know, ape, few hominids, man) with the man turning round and saying 'Stop following me!'

M.

another shows the descent into office drudgers and eventual ape-like posture over a computer all day.
Posts: 1283 | From: near London | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm partial to these.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
20 years ago, a school mate of mine printed a whole run of t shirts with a cartoon of Jack standing next to the beanstalk and a caption that read something like: "Climb it? Don't be daft - I'm gonna smoke it!"

I didn't buy one because I thought my parents would go ballistic, but I've never seen one since, and I'd really like one...

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Out of my collection I think my favourite says:

quote:
You call it sodomy...

...we call it fabulous!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
nice one, wiff! [Big Grin]

I bought one for my son that he loves:

Genius by Birth

Slacker by Choice

and the one my mom has from Thinkgeek that I covet is:

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like this one.

Coexist

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are some wonderful examples of art here, thankyou.
I love the 'movie spoilers' tshirt and the 'girl and the rhino' site. Comet, you have a twisted sense of humour, [Big Grin] , not that I would recognise one of course.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We've just come back from town where I spotted this one and I just had to have it!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From our T-shirt collection:

From a fishery in northern Michigan: "It's Not Me -- It's the Fish."

Another up-north touristy T-shirt from Beulah, Michigan: "A quaint drinking village with a fishing problem."

From the band Lost and Found, which has a following in Lutheran youth circles and which visited our church last year: A stylized photo of a chalice and loaf of bread, bearing the message, "'Sup?"

What I wore to the Michigan game last weekend: "There's No Crying in Football."

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Engrish has some good ones. These are all from real signs/products/labels with mangled english, usually from Japan or China.

I've had my eye on the don't look the monkey in the eyes one. I'm partial to monkey shirts. Time of Growth is good too.

I already have the hot space station justice and the calm down monkey shirt.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Despair.com has this good one. [Yipee]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm very tempted to get this one!

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"My parents visited a world lacking bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this stupid F-shirt."

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lyda*Rose - just browsed the posters section. Very tempted to forward it to the team looking after our office relocation plans ... they would look great in our new office. [Devil]

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Comet, you have a twisted sense of humour,

aw, shucks. [Hot and Hormonal] you say the nicest things.

--------------------

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
About eighteen months ago I started to get a lot of respect from the teenagers at my karate club. They listened to me as if I were Funakoshi himself and always asked me to demonstrate techniques politely and attentively. About a week after this started to happen my sister rang me and said "I have just seen your face on a t-shirt, what on earth is going on?". I didn't have a clue until she sent me one of these t-shirts which has now become my favourite shirt.

Still not seen the film though...

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I found my favourite for summer - "You touch the cat, you get the claws" with red claw marks down the back.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
Lyda*Rose - just browsed the posters section. Very tempted to forward it to the team looking after our office relocation plans ... they would look great in our new office. [Devil]

Oh, yeah! I think ones with a big, positive word, that look like typical motivational posters until you look closely are especially good for office decor. [Big Grin]
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This one.

Oh, and Despair is pure genius. As a tangent, wander over to the page where they talk about getting a trademark on the frowny emoticon.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
and the one my mom has from Thinkgeek that I covet is:

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate

I've also coveted that one, but in the end I opted to express my inner nerd with this.

[ 18. September 2009, 23:46: Message edited by: Hazey*Jane ]

Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by monkeylizard:
I'm partial to monkey shirts.

May I present the monkey represents sharing?

Also from TopatoCo, I like the internet and I've become my mother.

[ 21. September 2009, 12:09: Message edited by: Earwig ]

Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

saw an ad for this place on facebook tonight. I may have to have the elephant one.

and the platypus one.

and maybe the pluto one too.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I'm partial to these.

Nice wriggling!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jesus t-shirt saying brb. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had one made up for me, one word...

perfetcionist

(yes it was also my sig a while back.)

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seen around town today:

"My other body is a temple"

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My favourite T-shirt is from El Salvador. It was from a factory that was owned by a big multinational. One day, the company decided to move to China, because wages are even cheaper there. From one day to the other, tens of thousands of workers were without a job.

The workers decided to raise the money between themselves to continue fabricating T-shirts by themselves. The T-shirt that I have, has a text about "Resistencia Popular".

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Check out this T from ThinkGeek. And be sure to play the video.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of late I have mostly been wearing this one, after a lay-off since winter 2006-7, for reasons you can probably guess.

Somebody threatened to refuse me service because of it the other day. Touchy lot, Aussies [Big Grin]

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016