homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » The Apprentice Thread

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The Apprentice Thread
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I searched but failed to locate a thread on this theme. Who do shipmates think should have been fired this week? Or did they agree with Lord Sugar's decision? The "You're fired" audience on BBC2 did not.

And why does Elizabeth attract so much flak? She's a pussycat....

[ 16. November 2017, 12:44: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 7800 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Aravis
Shipmate
# 13824

- Posted      Profile for Aravis   Email Aravis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sajan has been out of his depth for weeks and needed to go.

I like Elizabeth. I don't think she'll win, but she's straightforward and she gets on with the job. I suspect it's partly her lack of any stereotypical feminine style that bothers people.

Posts: 654 | From: S Wales | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Elizabeth is 6'2" and extremely pro-active. People who will do the work tend to be left to do it. Then of course, the others complain that she took over, leaving them no chance. But she is simply quite open about wanting to do stuff, whereas the others hold back in the pretence of not really wanting jobs and waiting to be asked.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 7800 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aravis:
Sajan has been out of his depth for weeks and needed to go.

I like Elizabeth. I don't think she'll win, but she's straightforward and she gets on with the job. I suspect it's partly her lack of any stereotypical feminine style that bothers people.

I think it is her rather dodgy social skills, she is a bit like a real life Miranda or a less polished Claire Balding.

[ 17. November 2017, 15:54: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19185 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw the thread title and I thought it was a thread for Ship apprentices. Doh! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21292 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
wild haggis
Shipmate
# 15555

- Posted      Profile for wild haggis         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why do I watch it? Each week I think, what a load of unintelligent beings, then.............I'm hooked!

I can understand Elizabeth's frustration with some of her housemates. I would like to tell them to grow up and act their age. I suppose business people don't have to be too intelligent, except to add up money. But I do sometimes wonder what they have for brains.

So although I find Elizabeth bossy and school- ma'amish, maybe some of her housemates need to listen to her, accept responsibility and stop behaving like self-obsessed teenagers with less intelligence than Pooh Bear.

Roll on next week! Wonder who will be out next?

--------------------
wild haggis

Posts: 107 | From: Cardiff | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016