homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 6: On the road to Bethlehem (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 6: On the road to Bethlehem
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lickel Donkey

So Mary and Joseph have set off on their way. But where is Joseph? And why is Mary riding on a donkey? We will find out, I'm sure...

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A donkey plods the road to Bethlehem
Upon its back, a maiden great with child
Joseph sent ahead the pair of them
Because his tax return soon must be filed

Through winter's depth they journey, weary, on
For Mary it's a time when doubts might loom
She thinks, "Is truly this God's only Son?
And I do hope that Joseph's booked a room."

In Naz'reth Joseph wears a look forlorn
His tax return he's busy filling in.
An endless struggle with a complex form
His only comfort slugs of Bombay gin.

The Christmas traffic's backed up nose to tail
And, sod it all, it's coming on to rain.
To register at home they must not fail,
But getting there is one right regal pain

--------------------
Chapelhead

Posts: 90 | From: Prompt corner | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Enter stage right a not-quite-as-serene-as-usual Mary, plus donkey and several suitcases. She is dressed in a rather fetching outfit in...er... blue.

Oh poor poor Joseph, stuck at home with all those forms to fill in. I think it was very kind of him to let me set off ahead with the donkey - he said he'd run and catch us up later. What a hero!

[ 15. December 2002, 10:50: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 stands on the stage, chewing her cud, idly looking around.]

Baa.

[Her attention, such as it is, turns to the clip-clop of donkey hooves.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mind you, I must admit I thought he was kidding about the donkey.

Donkey?

I ask you?

In my condition? Travelling to Bethlehem on a donkey? And a ickle donkey at that!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Sotto voce>

"Hero" my foot. He knew what the traffic would be like. And it's even worse than usual.

Look, someone's left a caravan of camels parked right on the main road. It's holding up traffic for miles.

--------------------
Chapelhead

Posts: 90 | From: Prompt corner | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Still, at least he's going to ring up and confirm the booking at the Plaza while he's home. Bless him... he's spending so much on me, I shouldn't grumble.

But this donkey, I ask you! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Oh look at that, would you believe it? Hold on donkey... it looks like we might be here some time!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What you mean, this Donkey, I'll let you know I can 4 wheel drive anything on this planet!

--------------------
Little Beast of Burden....ha!
aka Lady A

Posts: 74 | From: 4WD The Swamp | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Serenely clips the donkey round the ear'ole Hmmmm.... not only a donkey but a donkey with attitude!

Looks around for signs of assistance

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

- Posted      Profile for Donkey   Email Donkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You want a Caravan huh? Leather interior, or what? With the kid seat converter in the back? Dodge or Ford?

--------------------
aka Lady A

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A donkey. A $^@!&# donkey. Yo, bro!

*pokes the boring, good twin*

You're, like, God and everything, right? You're omnipotent, snap those proto-fingers and get us there, now. Preferably somewhere with a soft bed and lots of room service.

Thanks muchly.

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Surely someone must be able to help!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
# Stereo turned up # Humming along #

I'm driving home for Christmas
Oh, I can't wait to see those faces
I'm driving home for Christmas, yea
Well I'm moving down that line
And it's been so long
But I will be there
I sing this song
To pass the time away
Driving in my car
Driving home for...

Oh my God!

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewhere else | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Hay, watch those ears, that's a Lloyd's of London protected Asset!

--------------------
aka Lady A

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Mary looks serenely round and sees a little pink Skoda approaching at high speed, driven by what looks like a handsome young man.... She smiles, whispers a silent "thank you" towards the sky

Oh look, my shoelace is coming undone. That will never do!

Lifts the hem of her blue dress a little higher... well, considerably higher.... to facilitate tying her lace, of course

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Removing her sunglasses, she notices that the Skoda is in fact silver, and the handsome young man not quite as tanned as she first imagined, but then beggars can't be choosers!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Ah, Mary, you know, Joe's at home, and I kind of said that I'd be like, watching out for ya, ya know? So just lower that hemline a bit, let me try, (jumps in front of car) STOP in the name of ....(doesn't know what to say) HAY!

--------------------
aka Lady A

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

- Posted      Profile for A very naughty boy   Author's homepage   Email A very naughty boy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Ultra confused] [Slams on breaks]

[Pulls alongside heavily pregnant lady at the roadside]

Em ... hello there, ... wait just one minute, I know your face from somewhere ...

... ah never mind - what does your problem appear to be?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Mary scratches the donkey tenderly behind the ears

Hold on ickle fellow, there may be hope for us yet.

Well, good morning young man... yes, your face does look surprisingly familiar. Don't I know your mother??? Well, the thing is, this donkey and I have got to get to Bethlehem and as you may have noticed, I am heavily pregnant.... and we have rather a lot of luggage too. I wondered whether you might be able to...er... Glances at Skoda squeeze at least one of us in.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Angel 2

Nativity Play
# 3710

- Posted      Profile for Angel 2   Email Angel 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Angel 2 enters stage left.

Oh! But what a cute ickle donkey.

I just popped in to check on your progress. It's a bit slow isn't it, but then that camel jam ahead isn't helping, and Mary plus twins is quite a load.

--------------------
From an extinct bird to a live Angel - AKA Huia

Posts: 14 | From: NZ | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Mutters under her breath....
Quite a load? huh!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Very versitile car this, I'm sure I could squeeze both of you in, just as long as the donkey doesnt mind bending it's legs a bit and lying on it's side, otherwise it'll have to walk.

Starts folding down back seats

Hope you've got your purse with you, I need to fill up somewhere.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
["HAY"? Sheep 3 sniffs the air and then heads for the Donkey in hopes of getting something to eat.]

Baaaaaaaaaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

(Speaks from the side of his mouth so driver can't see or hear) Psst!, I'm not sure if this is such a good idea, it's you, me or the luggage. Maybe he could take the luggage on ahead and we'll meet him there? Like a walking holiday kind of thing...

--------------------
aka Lady A

Angel 2

Nativity Play
# 3710

- Posted      Profile for Angel 2   Email Angel 2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Angel 2 [Embarrassed]
Quite a beautiful load too. Such a becoming shade of blue.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Come on then donkey, are you ready? In you get!

Money... hmmm.... Joseph gave me a little ready cash, just in case of emergencies... and I do happen to have his credit card here, just in case.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Hey - sheep, get away from my car ... I don't want dirty sheeps wool all over the interior [Mad]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

Unfortunately, while crossing the stage, Sheep 3 upsets the camels parked on the road, who proceed to mill around in confusion, thus completely blocking all lanes.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Angel 2

Nativity Play
# 3710

Oh, Mary, should you really?

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Penny drops!

Leave the luggage? You must be joking!!!!!

Er, donkey.... how would you feel about walking? You could go with the angel [Big Grin]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Tour Manager

Nativity Play
# 3670

- Posted      Profile for Tour Manager   Email Tour Manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Vroooommmmmmrrrrwwwwww-BANG!-PHUT!-Vrom, Vrom, Chug, Vroooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

(The Tour Bus, laden with sheep and other assorted stable and unstable animals, and various gifts and gear that the Wise Men have not been able to fit on their Harleys, lurches past, going, inexplicably, in the opposite direction, dripping oil and leaving clouds of smoke in its wake. Sounds of snoring, interspersed with extracts from Mme Soleil's horoscope predictions for the Judea area, drift from the windows as it passes)

--------------------
Let's get this show on the roaaaaaaaaaaaa- *boink* (Eutychus)

Posts: 46 | From: Magic Tour Bus | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Watch the ears, and ouch, my tail, and I have to hold my neck like this? (Begins to sing)
On the road again,
Can't wait to get on the road again
makin' heaven with my friends
and I can't wait to get on the road again....

--------------------
aka Lady A

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 ignores the naughty boy and continues trying to climb into the car and get at the hay.]

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

[Sheep 3 wonders why she is thinking nasty thoughts about something called "Flood Control"]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Saunters backstage and looks across to the action*

Sheep!!!! [Eek!]

Right after yesterday it's revenge

Here sheepy sheepy - come to Fairy Godmother Where's those shepheards when you need them?

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

Fear not oh maiden, we'll get everything in.

[Proceeds to pile luggage around the donkey]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Right, that's the donkey in.... Hey donkey, you're a beast of burden... would you mind awfully carrying these suitcases on your lap? Thanks.

With a sweet, innocent smile at the young man, Mary slips into the front seat...well, sort of manoeuvres into the front seat... well, sort of wedges herself in sideways and shuffles a bit. Good job pregnant women don't have to wear a seatbelt!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Angel 2

Nativity Play
# 3710

Naughty boy - it's not the sheep's wool
you need to be worried about.

--------------------

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Hayyyyyyy! That one is heavy, must be Mary's, put it on top!! Mine can go with me, everything else, tie it on top...

--------------------
aka Lady A

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sheep 3:
[Sheep 3 ignores the naughty boy and continues trying to climb into the car and get at the hay.]

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

[Sheep 3 wonders why she is thinking nasty thoughts about something called "Flood Control"]

*Runs on stage and grabs back legs of sheep*

Not so fast you four legged, poop dropping, woolly haired, cud chewing, bottom butter...
[Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

BAAAAAA.

[Sheep 3 kicks and struggles]

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

--------------------
jlg the sheep

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

The sacrifices I go to!

[Ties one or two cases on the top and puts as much as the donkey can livingly bear in the boot]

[Smile] @ Fairy Godmother

To the preggers woman Are you moving then?

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[...and of course that natural response to terror in nearly any animal is...]

*sheep plop*
*pssssssssssssssss*
*sheep plop*

[ 15. December 2002, 10:55: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Donkey

Nativity Play
# 3752

Anyone for some Tic-Tacs? I mean I wouldn't want to point at some two legged mammals here in the car, but one of you needs something, or at least roll down the windows..Pleeeeaaazze!!

--------------------
aka Lady A

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

No, just going for a short winter break with my husband-to-be. He's booked us in at the Plaza in Bethlehem, 'cos we've got to go there to hand the census forms in, of course.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
BAAAAAA.

[Sheep 3 kicks and struggles]

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Got you - and there's no getting away this time
*Suddenly finds herself thrown inside the car still clinging to a protesting sheep*

Ouch you brute

--------------------

A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

All this stuff is for a *short* winter break??? How many of them are you expecting?

[changes the CD, starts the engine, and the car pulls away]

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Tour Manager

Nativity Play
# 3670

- Posted      Profile for Tour Manager   Email Tour Manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

*pssssssssssssssss*
*sheep plop*

[Well, I did warn you ... ]

--------------------
Let's get this show on the roaaaaaaaaaaaa- *boink* (Eutychus)

Posts: 46 | From: Magic Tour Bus | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
A very naughty boy

Nativity Play
# 3677

# Turns Stereo up again #

On the first part of the journey
I was looking at all the life
There were plants and birds and rocks and things
There was sand and hills and rings
The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz
And the sky with no clouds
The heat was hot and the ground was dry
But the air was full of sound

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain...

*Turns and shouts at passenger*
so what's your name.

--------------------
Romanes Eunt Domus,
Brian.

[strathclydezero]

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
[...and of course that natural response to terror in nearly any animal is...]

*sheep plop*
*pssssssssssssssss*
*sheep plop*

Missed!!!!

*Notices rather large stain on BVM's lump*

[ 15. December 2002, 10:56: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016