homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Scene 4: Meet Mary and Joseph (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Scene 4: Meet Mary and Joseph
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Through The Keyhole, Nazareth Edition

Meanwhile, back at the carpenter's shop... Mary and Joseph are having a 'little chat.'

Tum-te-tum-te-tum-te tum...Ooops! Wrong programme

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now Mary's had the time to muse
On telling Joseph her great news.

Betrothéd though the couple are
They've never let things go 'too far'.

But if she's going to have a child
I think that he might go quite wild.

Perhaps he'll curse and rage and shout
And throw the lowly maiden out.

Will he be kindly or just mean?
It's nearly time for that dread scene.

But before we get that far
We've got a treat that's most bizarre

The virgin Mary may be late
(We think she's gone out on a date).

So while we wait for her to show
Some DIY from Mary's beau.

An extra treat for us to see
Joseph teaches carpentry

Here's a thing that's most sublime
Joseph shows us his "Tool Time."

--------------------
Chapelhead

Posts: 90 | From: Prompt corner | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*cheesy d-i-y programme music, probably involving unconvincing synthesiser saxophones...*

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oy! Excuse me!! I know this scene is supposed to be 'Through the Keyhole' but can't a poor virgin have a bit of privacy while she's in the bath? I've had a trying few days just lately, I need to luxuriate in the bubbles without a peeping tom with a camera peering at me through the bathroom keyhole. I will be there when I am ready and not before... after all, if I have to break the news of the twins to Joseph, I want to look my best. You'll just have to carry on without me for a minute or two.

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3 enters stage left, smells something interesting and begins to explore stage area.]

Baaaaaaa.

[Comes to door, nudges it open, and surprises BMV in her bath.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Takes a bow.

Hi there, kids! While we wait for my Blessed wife to get her act together, I'm going to teach you some fun tricks of the trade.

So... errr... let's see now.

Stares into stagelight.

Ummmm...

Turns to prompt.

Err...

I know! Let's make a table! Now, for this, you'll be wanting a 4x4 cubit piece of ply, and some tools. Personally, I prefer the Black & Decker 893-a Buzzsaw, but use your imagination! If you're anything like me, you'll get a buzz out of choosing your own saw!

Canned laughter.

Errr... quite.

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Sotto voce>

Not the sheep again. [Disappointed]

Can't Joseph construct a barbecue or something?

--------------------
Chapelhead

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*boom - tish!*

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Right. Well, that's the table done. Hope you were all paying attention. Now I've got a letter here from Mrs Jones of Damascus asking how she can go about making a wooden boy. That's an excellent question, Mrs Jones.

First of all, you'll need some sturdy mahogany, like this... then, take your hammer, like so... and start hammering the wood into shape... now, hammer in some nails... uh-huh... uh-huh... there we go.

Now just apply some paint...

And... oh my God... it's moving...

--------------------

Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

<Sotto voce>

Combining a buzz-saw with some sheep - now there's an idea.

--------------------
Chapelhead

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Now, moving wooden boys are a problem we carpenters encounter frequently. Personally, I would recommend use of a vice and buzzsaw combo to deal with such an eventuality.

What's that, wooden boy? You wish you were a real boy? How nice. Sadly, we don't have time for that particular scenario on this week's tooltime, so you'll have to make do with experiencing rapid mahogany .

Starts up buzzsaw. Will anyone manage to save Pinocchio before Joseph sheds his sap?

--------------------

Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat wanders over to bvm in bathtub, leaps onto the edge of the tub, and pats delicatly at a soap bubble*

mrrrrt?

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

<By Jimminy Cricket - He's making Pinocchio>

--------------------
Chapelhead

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nah dust the wooden boy.

Can you make me wardrobe to keep my spare set of armour in Joe?

And are you the Middle Eastern equivalent of Bob the Builder?

--------------------
I've left my toasting fork with my alternate personality Sarkycow.

Posts: 118 | From: The Guardhouse | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

*edge-of-your-seat strings...*

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Ahem... RAPID MAHOGANY DEATH.

Unless someone intervenes, of course...

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Sheep 3, soothed by the purring of Stable Cat, settles down on a pile of blue stuff, and begins contentedly chewing her cud.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rudolph wanders into Joseph's shop, looks in horrow as he waves a buzz-saw above this wooden boy he's created.

Ruldolph's nose glows, looks up at Joseph sadly.

Rudolph hands Joseph a WWJD bracelet.

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

WWJD? As in, "What Would Joseph Do?" Hmmm...

Well, that's that particular slot of the show resolved. Don't worry about the screams; they don't really feel anything. Anyway, Mrs Jones, hope that was useful.

Oh, look who it is - it's our old friend Evil Henchman! Nice to see you this week Evil Henchman. A wardrobe, eh? I'll see what I can do.

Slams head into workbench repeatedly, with a mildly frustrated look on face.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh for crying out loud... can't a Virgin have a bath in peace without being invaded by animals?

With a sigh, Mary gives up all hope of a quiet night relaxing after her hectic day and, after a close encounter with a fluffy blue towel with BVM embroidered in the corner, she emerges from the dressing room, dressed in a stunningly simple blue dress, with matching blue teatowel.

Er...Joey....

...sweetheart....

Are you busy, my love?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Not at all, my dear! Ladies and gentlemen, it's

MY BLESSED VIRGIN WIFE-TO-BE

whom I mistakenly upgraded to full marital status earlier in the show. Take a bow, sugarlump.

--------------------

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey Joe, you look like you want someone to save the wooden boy. Tough shoot. I'm the only human around, and I'm an evil henchman.

Dust it I say.

[This is a family show, Evil Henchman...]

[ 12. December 2002, 20:48: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

<Sotto voce>

Well, the boy's acting less wooden than some we've seen.

--------------------
Chapelhead

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Smiles sweetly and innocently at Joseph

Hello love.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Smiles in return. Kicks Evil Henchman in the shin and gives him a "meaningful" look.

Hey babe! Wassup?

[Smile]

--------------------

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep

Nativity Play
# 3667

- Posted      Profile for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Email Rudolph the Red-Nosed Sheep   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Looks around at chipped pieces of wood on the floor of Joseph's shop. Shakes wood chips off self. Wonders why Joseph got so upset at that curious-looking wood thing. I'm just looking for some food, Rudolph thinks to himself. Seeing none in the shed, Rudolph wanders off, looking to see where the other sheep went.

Baaaaaaaa.

--------------------
I may be just a purple sheep with a funny nose, but ThatsMrJuice 2U!

Posts: 110 | From: The Sheep Shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

- Posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
front of stage, addressing audience

Now I am going out tonight
Tis rare but yes I sometimes do
So I might miss the best highlight
Before I get to rejoin you

Now things are complex, you can see
She says God made her a mum
He says how can such strange things be
This is not how our babies come

And later they'll sit down with us
And tell us of the whole affair
If Joseph makes a lot of fuss
Could be a DNA test on air

So I'll be back much later then
To find out all that I have missed
And read through all this thread again
And meanwhile I'll go get ...

...socializing with the multi disciplinary team in a setting other than the workplace, thus creating a different and deeper sense of teamship and belonging [Wink]

grins and leaves in little black dress

--------------------
come home to a real welsh dragon fire..

Posts: 103 | From: The Stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Hi sweetie. Sit down. Put your feet up. You've obviously had a hard day at work, shall I get your slippers? Hmmmm?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Yeah, that would be good. And get me a scotch on the rocks, too. And the Jerusalem Gazette.

I don't think I can take any more stress today after such a bad Tooltime...

--------------------

Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

[Projectile]

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Having been rudely dislodged from the comfy blue towel with monogram, Sheep 3 wanders out of the bathroom and wanders around the stage.]

Baaaa.

*sheep plop*

Baaaaa.

[continues wandering]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Calls after Virgin Mary:

Oh, and dearest, get a shovel too. There's sheep-plop and vomit all over the floor.

[This is still a family show...]

[ 12. December 2002, 20:50: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

OK, there you go, my love...

Sits down near to Jospeh on the sofa centre stage, though with a respectable distance between them as befits a Virgin Most Pure

...smiles [Big Grin]

...smiles again [Big Grin]

...would smile sheepishly, but thinks that that might be pushing things a bit far....

Er.... Joe?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Wonders why his Blessed fiancee is taking so blessed long in the blessed kitchen...

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Opens eyes

Ah, there you are, dearest. Yes, well, what was all this texting about babies, huh? I nearly lost a finger to my B&Q Electro-Mallet 5000 when I read the first one.

Thank God you were joking! As if you could be pregnant...

{relieved sigh}

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

- Posted      Profile for Director   Author's homepage   Email Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joseph:
Calls after Virgin Mary:

Oh, and dearest, get a shovel too. There's sheep-plop and vomit all over the floor.

Absolutely typical! [Disappointed] He has absolutely no idea, that man. I mean, this is 2002 after all. <shakes head> [Mad]

[ 12. December 2002, 20:51: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
Miffy

Posts: 109 | From: Her physiotherapist's couch | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stable Cat

Nativity Play
# 3657

- Posted      Profile for Stable Cat   Email Stable Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*stable cat jumps up onto couch, snuggles next to bvm, curls up, purring*

puuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

--------------------
nicolemrw says "meow!"

Posts: 85 | From: the stable | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
OK, there you go, my love...

Sits down near to Jospeh on the sofa centre stage, though with a respectable distance between them as befits a Virgin Most Pure

...smiles [Big Grin]

...smiles again [Big Grin]

...would smile sheepishly, but thinks that that might be pushing things a bit far....

Er.... Joe?

Tch! [Disappointed] Some folk just don't want to be helped! When I think what our generation put up with so that you people could claim equality.....
[Mad]

<trails off disconsolately>

[ 12. December 2002, 20:53: Message edited by: Director ]

--------------------
Miffy

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Wonders why BVM has gone very quiet indeed, and is chewing her nails furiously.

Is there something you're trying to tell me, dear?

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

[Embarrassed]

Er......

glances down at blue dress with "Sponsored by Mothercare" embroidered tastefully on the collar

er.......Would you like me to fetch you some Pringles?

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

Great idea, strings, lets do the 'Married With Children' theme [Snigger]

--------------------

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Pringles? Yeah, sure! Hurry up, there's the footie starting on the radio in a minute, and I want no distractions once it's started.

Have you put on weight? You're look a bit fat recently...

--------------------

Director

Nativity Play
# 3664

quote:
Pringles? Yeah, sure! Hurry up, there's the footie starting on the radio in a minute, and I want no distractions once it's started.

Selective deafness, eh? [Wink] Ho hum!

--------------------
Miffy

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Well...er.....

DO you think you could give the football a miss? Just this once? For me??? [Big Grin] There's ...er.. something I need to talk to you about. Sweetie.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

quote:
Originally posted by Director:
quote:

Selective deafness, eh? [Wink] Ho hum!
{stage whisper to side}

Whatcha gonna do about it, feminazi? Huh? Huh? Nothing. Let me tell you why. Because I've got balls, and you don't. That's why.

Makes a vulgar gesture to Director offstage.

Mary sweetest, this is the most important match of the season. And I'd quite like it if you actually got me those Pringles you mentioned. I'm sure your "news" - the neighbours' new cutlery, I imagine - can wait for another night...

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3, smelling the Pringles, enters from stage left.]

Baaaaa.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

Ah, what the hell. If I can't have Pringles, I'll make do with animated kebab.

Here sheepy sheepy... look at my nice stainless-steel skewer... come closer, sheepy sheepy...

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

[Sheep 3 finds the Pringles in the kitchen and begins eating them, container and all.]

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Heaves herself to her feet and serenely tiptoes to the curtains stage right, grabs the packet of Pringles out of the Director's hand and takes them back to Joseph

Here you are dearest.

Whispers to sheep Look, there's two bales of hay in it for you if you could just nip over there and nibble through the television cable. Joe must not watch the football tonight!

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

Look Joseph darling... I really really do have something very important to tell you.

[ 12. December 2002, 21:14: Message edited by: Director ]

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  New poll  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016