homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Nativity Play   » Backstage Noticeboard (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Backstage Noticeboard
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Luvvies and dahlings,

There have been some movements in the Management - I put it down to a dodgy chicken bhuna, but apparently it is not. You may want to take note of the following:

Each scene will be started at 8pm GMT each day (there is a list of scenes available in the Programme). The scene will close at 12 midday GMT the next day, this should give members of the cast the world over chance to let their dramatic light shine. Alternatively it will give most people the time to make a fool of themselves on stage.

Please be promptly on-stage at the beginning of any scene you play a part in. I do not have to remind you how angry our beloved Director can get, and the painful way she exacts punishment on any misbehaving member of the cast.

A review of each scene will be written by the late, great Steve Tomkins and will be published on the day following the scene wot he is writing about. Fear not, he has better grammar than me. And I hear he is cheaper to bribe as well...

If there are any more important announcements please keep an eye on this noticeboard. And one more thing - please don't try to sell any broken buggies or dodgy copies of Britney Spears albums on here, ok?

Musical Director

[Changed scene closing time, see note below]

[ 11. December 2002, 16:10: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
ChrisT sez: *sigh* Let's take it once more from the top...

Posts: 284 | From: The Bandstand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

- Posted      Profile for Assorted Strings   Email Assorted Strings   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Sir/Madam/exalted management types,

As I understand it, scenes for the forthcoming (nay in progress) production Ship of Fools Nativity Play are to be performed between the hours of 8pm and 8am the following day. [Frown]

Sadly, this means I will be unable to play my part (apart from throwing rotten fruit or veg on the thread in heaven) as I am off-line during those hours. [Waterworks]

Is there any hope for those of us who are only on-line during English working hours, or will I have to tender my resignation?

In hope of a reprieve,

Your faithful string section.

--------------------
kingsfold's alter ego....

fiddling, plucking and strumming

Posts: 53 | From: the orchestra pit | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's bloody typical this.

My big scene (my only flipping scene, to be honest) falls on Sunday evening.

No-one's online Sunday evenings.

(Plus I have a carol concert (and doubtless a pub) to go to Sunday evening.

That's unless the Nativity has its interval at the weekend.

Come to think of it, aren't most people either Leeds-meeting or Manc-meeting Saturday too?

--------------------
#I'm Herod the Great, I am, I am.#

Stoo

Posts: 159 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lowly Stage Hand

Nativity Play
# 3648

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Stage Hand   Email Lowly Stage Hand   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Musical Director,

Unfortunately, I find myself in exactly the same position as Assorted Strings. [Waterworks]

Is there any possibility of another solution?

--------------------
the lowly stage hand known as flev

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

- Posted      Profile for Musical Director   Author's homepage   Email Musical Director   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People, people, cease your warbling! We are looking into the extension of the Scenes to last a bit longer to allow those who prefer to sleep at night to play their parts. I will get back to you very shortly. Watch this page *points to empty flightcase*

And as to you, Herod...

quote:
Originally posted by Herod:
No-one's online Sunday evenings.

I am. But then I live online.

quote:
Come to think of it, aren't most people either Leeds-meeting or Manc-meeting Saturday too?
Yes they are. Does the Moon Under Water have a phone point we can borrow? If not we'll just have to drown our sorrows in Manchester ale.

--------------------

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

OK, new change. Scenes will now run from 8pm to 12 midday the next day. At 12 sharp the scene will be locked, and the next scene opened at 8pm.

This should hopefully give everyone chance to post.

[Edited message above to reflect new change]

--------------------

Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

- Posted      Profile for Assorted Strings   Email Assorted Strings   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] Thank you.

[Not worthy!] [Not worthy!] [Not worthy!]

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
erm, might be busy next tuesday when it finally time for the angels to be around.

but i'll try and get here eventualy (possibly late)

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have posted elsewhere to the fact that tomorrow night I shall be being mother to another little boy in another Nativity play and will be slightly late online, depending on how quicky I can calm down the Smudgelet after his starring role as a chef (yes, a chef!) and get him and his brother settled into bed.

Then on Friday the journey to Bethlehem will probably have a major diversion via Cubs and Sainsbury's which will mean I will not be online until 9pm. I'll just have to rely on Joseph to do all the packing and get the donkey ready. Make sure you remember to lock the front door and cancel the milk, Joe!

I am seriously concerned that this commitment to the Nativity play may result in me becoming addicted to Ship of Fools, as I know has already happened to some of you, but I continue to battle against it.

--------------------
Can you have a white wedding in blue?
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Mary:
I am seriously concerned that this commitment to the Nativity play may result in me becoming addicted to Ship of Fools, as I know has already happened to some of you, but I continue to battle against it.

[Killing me]

--------------------

chief stage manager

Nativity Play
# 3658

- Posted      Profile for chief stage manager   Email chief stage manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a mandatory staff meeting Thursday which, given the notoriety of them lasting for 5 hours, may prevent me from being online til 9:30 or 10pm GMT tomorrow night. [Frown]

This is fretting me mightily. I know I'm addicted. [Wink]

--------------------
The original bessie rosebride.

Posts: 148 | From: stage left amongst the props | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evil Henchman

Nativity Play
# 3705

- Posted      Profile for Evil Henchman   Email Evil Henchman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As a number of us are Meeting at Leeds or Manchester over the weekend, plus others who are only online during working hours (9-5 Mon-Fri) I suggets that there are no scenes over the weekend...

Tis just a suggestion however, and I shall bow to the hosts decision. (I'll bitch about it and them in the cafe for weeks however [Wink] )

Evil Henchman

--------------------
I've left my toasting fork with my alternate personality Sarkycow.

Posts: 118 | From: The Guardhouse | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

I hear your concerns regarding the weekend performances, however unless there is a major shift in ... well, lots of things, the performances will go as planned. Surely each scene running for 16 hours is long enough for you to get on stage? And as to the opening of Scene 6 (On the Road to Bethlehem) on Saturday night, we will just have to see what we can sort out for that...

Keep the ideas coming! And if you dare 'bitch about it and them in the cafe for weeks' then you will learn all about the sharp end of a trombone slide, ok?

--------------------

Equity Deputy
Nativity Play
# 3673

- Posted      Profile for Equity Deputy   Email Equity Deputy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May I observe that Erin has been reading Dumbledore's Christmas list, and seems to be the one person in the cast with a pair of socks!

--------------------
Joan [Equity Deputy Dog] Rasch
@ @ @
'_\|/_
{___} Oh, no, not again!

Posts: 33 | From: In a little box on your desk | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

- Posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
Luvvies and dahlings,

A review of each scene will be written by the late, great Steve Tomkins and will be published on the day following the scene wot he is writing about. ...

Musical Director

[Changed scene closing time, see note below]

Hello

What has happened to Steve Tomkins?

Is he well?

Can he not make sense of what's going on (I wouldn't blame him..)?

Or do I just not know where these reviews are being posted?

I think someone should tell us....

Dragon xxx

--------------------
come home to a real welsh dragon fire..

Posts: 103 | From: The Stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

- Posted      Profile for Virgin Mary   Author's homepage   Email Virgin Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dragon, dearest. If you go to the top of the board's main page you will see, just below where it says "Hello Dragon", a picture and the words "Click for daily reviews from our Theatre Critic, Steve Tomkins". Hope this is of help.

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Posts: 287 | From: Down the road from the carpenter's shop, Nazareth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

Indeed, let's welcome Steve to our happy group. Will everyone make him feel welcome (that means give him the first pick at the biscuits)

Well done Steve!

*polite applause, and a few small whoops*

--------------------

Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

- Posted      Profile for Herod   Author's homepage   Email Herod   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I do not pander to the critics.

Especially when they neglect to mention me at all (let alone favourably) in their "reviews".

--------------------

Stoo

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

If you actually played a part in the performance so far, ruthless evil dictator, then maybe the critic would have something to review. So far your comments have been limited to snarls and sneers. Where's the passion, the life, the fire in that, eh?

Honestly, some people can't even be bad well. Maybe you should turn over a new leaf, start a Herod Trust to benefit malnourished sheep or something.

[mutters: pedantic mousebasket...]

[ 12. December 2002, 11:22: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

- Posted      Profile for angel 5   Email angel 5   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm glad it's changed, but with no net access apart from a school computer, i can't get online til at least 9am, which means i've missed most of the action...
oh well...i'll just make a nuisence of my self back stage...

--------------------
and all the angels sang for him, the bells of heaven rang for him
for a boy was born, king of all the world
----
sophs

Posts: 38 | From: in a cattle shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Equity Deputy:
May I observe that Erin has been reading Dumbledore's Christmas list, and seems to be the one person in the cast with a pair of socks!

No, we shepherds all have socks. And wash them every night. [Killing me]

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Camel driver

Nativity Play
# 3655

- Posted      Profile for Camel driver     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by angel 5:
I'm glad it's changed, but with no net access apart from a school computer, i can't get online til at least 9am, which means i've missed most of the action...
oh well...i'll just make a nuisence of my self back stage...

Same problem, but multiplied by an unreasonable management expecting me to do some work when I arrive in the office, meant that I only just arrived in time for the end of Scene 3 - by which point some scoundrel had taken the kings/wise men on a TOUR BUS to follow the star!! [Mad]

I will be complaining to the union about this - what's a humble camel-driver to do to make a living? What's wrong with, say, 1700 GMT (1200 EST) as a closing time?? [brick wall] [brick wall]

At least the camel-manure business has some growth in it...

--------------------
Rhisiart: camel driving for the new millennium

Posts: 11 | From: Ali's Used Camels, 2nd tent, Baghdad High St | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 3

Nativity Play
# 3687

- Posted      Profile for Angel 3   Email Angel 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Camel driver:
Same problem, but multiplied by an unreasonable management expecting me to do some work when I arrive in the office, meant that I only just arrived in time for the end of Scene 3 - by which point some scoundrel had taken the kings/wise men on a TOUR BUS to follow the star!! [Mad]

I think the management should organise a camel float so that you can take them the last 40 miles...

--------------------
The artist usually known as Duo Seraphim

"Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est."

Posts: 76 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tour Manager

Nativity Play
# 3670

- Posted      Profile for Tour Manager   Email Tour Manager   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I will be complaining to the union about this - what's a humble camel-driver to do to make a living? What's wrong with, say, 1700 GMT (1200 EST) as a closing time?? [brick wall] [brick wall]

At least the camel-manure business has some growth in it...

Sir Camel Driver... apologies. But The Show Must Go On. Or in this case, off.

You may have noticed from my post that being a point-to-point low-fares operation I actually commit myself to deposit all those on board some 40 miles from their destination, which gives you a rather useful loophole.

In fact, I am tied up with some other business in an alternative universe (real life) when the curtain goes up on scene 4, so maybe you can rescue the multitudes, and the script, then, perhaps by preparing your lines beforehand?

At your service,

The Low-Cost Option

--------------------
Let's get this show on the roaaaaaaaaaaaa- *boink* (Eutychus)

Posts: 46 | From: Magic Tour Bus | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lost

I seem to have mislaid a few hipflasks during the last few performances

I know I passed one to Herod, another to Rudolph and a third to Elizabeth. If they could hand them back to me it would be appreciated. (You may even benefit from refills [Wink] )

They have great sentimental value as well as serving a practical use for both myself and other cast members.

Your help in recoving these items would be invaluable.

--------------------
It could only be Nanny Ogg

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Chief Shepherd

Nativity Play
# 3698

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Chief Shepherd   Email Deputy Chief Shepherd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fairy Godmother:
Lost I seem to have mislaid a few hipflasks during the last few performances

I think I saw Rudolph the red nosed sheep with one. All he would say when I asked how he got hold of it was "Baaaa".

--------------------
Yes, I'm a madferret. And that's my own teatowel.

Posts: 115 | From: seated on the ground | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Notice

It has come to the attention of the scriptwriting department that certain characters in this play have difficult-to-rhyme names.

Clearly rhymes are an essential part of this production.

It is therefore proposed that characters with names that are hard to rhyme will have to provide at least three words in general English use that rhyme with the character's name. Failure to do so may result in the character being dropped from the script.

In order to ensure that the high quality of rhyming provided so far continues, all rhymes must be perfect rhymes, not partial rhymes.

A list of characters to whom this requirement applies is provided below. Further names may be added at a later date.

Signed

The Narrator (Script Department)

Herod

--------------------
Chapelhead

Posts: 90 | From: Prompt corner | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Herod

Nativity Play
# 3649

Herod the Great
Don't be late
Add to the debate
Want a date?
Must be fate
Love to hate
Just your mate
The going rate

--------------------

Stoo

Jesus' evil twin

Nativity Play
# 3702

- Posted      Profile for Jesus' evil twin   Email Jesus' evil twin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't that an INXS song?

--------------------
Erin (of course)

Posts: 54 | From: my own room (finally!) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

- Posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I only just arrived in time for the end of Scene 3 - by which point some scoundrel had taken the kings/wise men on a TOUR BUS to follow the star!! [Mad]

Actually, things do get very confused as the kings depart, but my overall reading of the stage action was that a number of Harley motorbikes mysteriously appear on stage, at which point the Kings, by now having manifested as members of ZZ Tops, ride off on the bikes, while the Shepherds have rescued the sheep and assorted other animal life and put them in the tour bus...

I also got the impression that the kings were quite keen on the motorbike angle, there was a lot of engine revving going on.

I think it would be nice to keep this reading of the plot, it fits very well with Zephirine's persona as Bee of Good Cheer and also I do rather like the image of Alan togged up in ZZ Tops gear as a biker on a Harley... [Wink]

But of course the Tour Bus would be handy to carry all their gear, you wouldn't expect kings to travel with only what they could fit in their panniers.

Cheers

WDx

[ 13. December 2002, 13:41: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

- Posted      Profile for Angel 1   Email Angel 1   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Lost

I seem to have mislaid a few hipflasks during the last few performances

I know I passed one to Herod, another to Rudolph and a third to Elizabeth. If they could hand them back to me it would be appreciated. (You may even benefit from refills [Wink] )

They have great sentimental value as well as serving a practical use for both myself and other cast members.

Your help in recoving these items would be invaluable.

I have stolen said hip flasks as you were mean and wouldn't give me any. [Devil]
if you say sorry, I might return them.
[Angel]

Angel 1 [Two face]

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Posts: 100 | From: Heaven/bethlehem/the angelic dressing room/on stage | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Assorted Strings

Nativity Play
# 3652

Now Herod's a terrible man,
For it seems that his name doesn't scan.
But if you make a start,
Your narrationly art
Will ensure that you soon have a plan.

--------------------

Miss Ship of Fools 2002
Nativity Play
# 3718

- Posted      Profile for Miss Ship of Fools 2002   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh there you are Narrator... I saw you needed some help with the rhyming, and since I realise you haven’t actually mentioned me in any of your poems you obviously need some help with my name too. I’m only backstage of course, but you may need a filler at some point and recording some of the valiant acts of programme folding and crown making, not to mention the tealady, might be a nice way of keeping everyone involved. Otherwise you do get a lot of un-sung heros, and though the vicar always makes a point of saying thank-you I think it always helps keep morale up to include everyone.

I find Miss Ship of Fools 2002 rhymes quite well with
Miss Slip-on Shoes, turquoise or blue?
Miss Trip in Pools, I’m wet all through,
Miss Clip with Tools, Build it with Glue
Miss Sip or Drools, Vodka in Stew.

Do hope that’s of help to you dear. Many years of helping Richard with his English homework helped me develop my little poetry talent, though now he’s graduated from university I don’t often get a chance to practice!

--------------------
clare, in my pre-glory days

Posts: 7 | From: just popping in | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
angel 5

Nativity Play
# 3696

- Posted      Profile for angel 5   Email angel 5   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
notice that might not belong here...
i don't think i'll have any net access 'til Monday...
So just imagine me playing songs badly on a recorder, and generally annoying every one...
there now, i bet you're all so dissapointed!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
and all the angels sang for him, the bells of heaven rang for him
for a boy was born, king of all the world
----
sophs

Posts: 38 | From: in a cattle shed | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Camel driver

Nativity Play
# 3655

- Posted      Profile for Camel driver     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm afraid that I shan't be here until Monday morning UK time, so the trip to Herod will have to happen without the aid of my Certified Camel Driving* skills.

Can I please ask all principals and extras to note the following:

• The camels will be off stage left - please do not frighten them or offer them alcoholic drink (this means you, Fairy Godmother) if you don't want to be up to your necks in camel dung
  • Can the kings/wise men take just one camel each, following the colour-coded keys left in the dressing room
  • The rest of the caravan can be taken on stage only if accompanied by a suitably qualified stage hand (I expect the Equity Deputy to advise on this)
  • All camels will be counted against manifest on Monday morning - breakages and other damage must be paid for, as stated in the contract
Have fun and remember - be careful out there [Smile]
* Doesn't specify whether the driving, the camels or the driver are (or should be) certified...

--------------------
Rhisiart: camel driving for the new millennium

Posts: 11 | From: Ali's Used Camels, 2nd tent, Baghdad High St | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narrator

Nativity Play
# 3680

- Posted      Profile for Narrator     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Ship of Fools 2002:

Thank you, most helpful.

Now, the next name on my list...

Joseph.

--------------------
Chapelhead

Posts: 90 | From: Prompt corner | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dragon

Nativity Play
# 3669

quote:
I'm afraid that I shan't be here until Monday morning UK time, so the trip to Herod will have to happen without the aid of my Certified Camel Driving* skills.

Can I please ask all principals and extras to note the following:

• The camels will be off stage left - please do not frighten them or offer them alcoholic drink (this means you, Fairy Godmother) if you don't want to be up to your necks in camel dung
  • Can the kings/wise men take just one camel each, following the colour-coded keys left in the dressing room
  • The rest of the caravan can be taken on stage only if accompanied by a suitably qualified stage hand (I expect the Equity Deputy to advise on this)
  • All camels will be counted against manifest on Monday morning - breakages and other damage must be paid for, as stated in the contract
Have fun and remember - be careful out there [Smile]
* Doesn't specify whether the driving, the camels or the driver are (or should be) certified...

Um, as I mentioned before the Wise men actually left on motorbikes (I was on stage at the time and trying to work out what was going on, I remember it all most clearly.)
See:-
(Wise guy ditches moth eaten robe to reveal leather motorcycling gear. Dumb Lap dancers wheel in a gorgeous Harley, on which he climbs. 'Born to be Wild" begins to play.)

and

(Chief Wise Man) Oi! Break out the sunglasses and let's get this trip on the ROAD!

[all Wise men,guys and magi collect themselves into vehicles with assorted sheeps, cats, gifts and such]

[Queue: Willie Nelson "On the Road Again" as harley's and hot rods with Joe Camel figure painted on the back roar off]

And indeed there might be some comic mileage in this.

However, it is quite possible and indeed likely that their luggage, which I suppose is in the tour bus with the sheep, is going to get lost if we have an absentee camel driver.

Mind you, it also seems plausible that those sheep are capable of making their way to Bethlehem on their own steam...

--------------------

Understudy

Nativity Play
# 3717

- Posted      Profile for Understudy   Email Understudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dragon wrote:

quote:
However, it is quite possible and indeed likely that their luggage, which I suppose is in the tour bus with the sheep, is going to get lost if we have an absentee camel driver.

Mind you, it also seems plausible that those sheep are capable of making their way to Bethlehem on their own steam...

It's okay. The luggage has been DHL'ed and, according to the waybill, is waiting at the Inn for them to collect it. And the sheep seem prefectly comfortable in this large van that I stole...borrowed and we should be on schedule for tonight's appearence

The Understudy

PS He told me that Showbusiness was glamourous. He lie [Mad]

--------------------
If we took a holiday
Took some time to celebrate
Just one day out of life
It would be, it would be so nice

Mrs Tubbs - Chief Understudy and Go-fer

Posts: 14 | From: By the Small Fire | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

quote:
Originally posted by Understudy:
PS He told me that Showbusiness was glamourous. He lie [Mad]

He told me that showbusiness was well paid. He lie big style.

--------------------

bee_of_good_cheer

Nativity Play
# 3672

- Posted      Profile for bee_of_good_cheer   Email bee_of_good_cheer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dragon:
quote:
Doesn't specify whether the driving, the camels or the driver are (or should be) certified...
Um, as I mentioned before the Wise men actually left on motorbikes (I was on stage at the time and trying to work out what was going on, I remember it all most clearly.)

(er...hit wrong button. so sorry)

could this be a problem ? [Razz]

[Maybe, but for the moment I am more worried about your coding...]

[ 13. December 2002, 19:44: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? (ponders zephirine of the roses)

Posts: 39 | From: earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Equity Deputy
Nativity Play
# 3673

- Posted      Profile for Equity Deputy   Email Equity Deputy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
<snip>
  • <snip>
  • All camels will be counted against manifest on Monday morning - breakages and other damage must be paid for, as stated in the contract <snip>
I hereby, by administrative fiat [my other car is a bike], declare Lowly Stage Hand as qualified, as evidenced by the built-in help key.
Please note that Understudy is already sorting out the manifest.

--------------------
Joan [Equity Deputy Dog] Rasch
@ @ @
'_\|/_
{___} Oh, no, not again!

Posts: 33 | From: In a little box on your desk | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joseph

Nativity Play
# 3666

- Posted      Profile for Joseph   Author's homepage   Email Joseph   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Narrator:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Ship of Fools 2002:

Thank you, most helpful.

Now, the next name on my list...

Joseph.

Erg. Howzaboot we use "Joe" instead?

Tow
Mow
Row
Sew
Low
Grow
Throw
Woe
Doe
Low

etc. etc.

--------------------
Joseph, the not-so-Jesuitical ex-Lad.

Posts: 177 | From: Palestine | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

- Posted      Profile for Fairy Godmother   Email Fairy Godmother   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel 1:
I have stolen said hip flasks as you were mean and wouldn't give me any. [Devil]
if you say sorry, I might return them.

It's OK luv - I've plenty more where they came from and despite what I said about sentiment value I wouldn't want them after you grubby little hands have been all over them [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Appearing in a pantomime near you | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

you just watch what you're saying, fairy. I've got friends in high places!

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

quote:
Originally posted by Angel 1:
you just watch what you're saying, fairy. I've got friends in high places!

I've got wings as well you know... [Wink]

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

yeah, but they're held on with sellotape and glue.
A

[ 13. December 2002, 23:44: Message edited by: Musical Director ]

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Fairy Godmother

Nativity Play
# 3695

You only manage it with the help of a harness

And with your weight only just I notice... [Devil]

--------------------

Angel 1

Nativity Play
# 3661

quote:
You only manage it with the help of a harness

And with your weight only just I notice... [Devil]

OOooooohh, you take that back!

A

--------------------
Jenny Ann smiles sweetly

Musical Director

Nativity Play
# 3651

Ladies, ladies! *notices no ladies present* Women, women! Please, desist and cease this pointless squabbling. You're upsetting the animals.

--------------------

Virgin Mary

Nativity Play
# 3653

quote:
Originally posted by Musical Director:
*notices no ladies present*

*ahem*

--------------------
(Smudgie)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016