homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » The Sun Can Go To Hell

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The Sun Can Go To Hell
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear The Sun,

I am a football supporter. Like most football supporters I have a lot of time for Gary Lineker who is a good bloke and who was a hero in two World Cups. You on the other hand told a pack of lies about the people who died in the Hillsborough Disaster. So, in the event that there is a dispute between you and Gary Lineker, there is going to be a strong presupposition that Gary Lineker is right. As it is you are trying to have him sacked for making the blatantly obvious point that a lot of the discussion in this country about refugees is racist. I would put this down to a bad conscience but it is clear to anyone who isn't a sociopath that you haven't got one. After all, one of your reporters has just been sent down by the beak for trying to ruin a woman's life for the Lols.

The Sun, written by jackals and read by donkeys. Fuck off. Fuck off. Fuck off.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You forgot about The Sun's long time and de facto owner. If the hacks are jackals what is Murdoch?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And don't think that we haven't noticed your project of encouraging men to lust after underage celebrity children, you sick sacks of shit.

--------------------
arse

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who was it who said that The Sun is 'read by people who don't give a toss who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits'?

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
betjemaniac
Shipmate
# 17618

- Posted      Profile for betjemaniac     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Who was it who said that The Sun is 'read by people who don't give a toss who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits'?

IJ

Bernard Woolley since you ask.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
And is it true? For if it is....

Posts: 1481 | From: behind the dreaming spires | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
If the hacks are jackals what is Murdoch?

A pustule who's overdue passing shall be greeted, when it comes, with an exhalation of relief and a shrug of indifference.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I quite liked Gary Lineker's reply to his detractors. "Refugees are people like you... sort of."

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lineker has always been a class act. When he was playing for Barcelona, and England were playing Spain he was asked whether, as someone playing for a Spanish club he felt a pull on his loyalties. To which he responded: "I do not play for a Spanish club, I play for a Catalan club".

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's so depressing to read this racist shit in the tabloids. I suppose it's part of the dumbing down and moving to the right which Brexit has provoked, and led by the government.

Well done, Lineker, anyway, to resist this poison.

Marina Hyde in the Guardian makes the point that asking for him to be sacked over a tweet is part of the toddler culture today, and also outrage culture. Well, OK, it's also the right wing trying to bully the BBC.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Darllenwr
Shipmate
# 14520

- Posted      Profile for Darllenwr   Email Darllenwr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe it was Jasper Carrot who observed that the wheelbarrow was invented to teach Sun readers to walk on their hind legs ... [Snigger]

--------------------
If I've told you once, I've told you a million times: I do not exaggerate!

Posts: 1101 | From: The catbox | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
You forgot about The Sun's long time and de facto owner. If the hacks are jackals what is Murdoch?

Seriously, fuck that guy. The more I hear about him, the more I hate him. Which is saying something, since my statring point with him was the media executive equivalent of Jabba the Hut.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some serious insults to jackals and Hutts in this thread.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Marina Hyde has insulted Violet Elizabeth Bott in comparing those tweeting against Lineker to her.

Lovely man.

The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
And don't think that we haven't noticed your project of encouraging men to lust after underage celebrity children, you sick sacks of shit.

That's more the territory of the Daily Heil...

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They're just trying - with some degree of success - to distract attention from the jailing of Mazher Mahmood, and its implications for News Corp. And for Leveson 2.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Phantom Flan Flinger:
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:

That's more the territory of the Daily Heil...
Not really, they have notoriously excoriated someone as a paedophile on one page for an inappropriate relationship with a 17 year-old while picturing a topless 16 year-old on page 3.
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Politically, the Cum and the Daily Smell propagate the same political hatred crap. The Cum does it with tits.

But like Trump, Farage, and the Tories, they sell papers because they say what people want to hear. Truth isn't relevant - a good story is.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They say what some (alas, too many) people want to hear.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016