homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » A new low, would not have thought this possible.

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: A new low, would not have thought this possible.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You are so foul, even shit would scrape you off itself.

Using an unfortunate situation to score points because you do not have any real argument is almost as low as it gets. Though, I shall be unsurprised if you find a way to outdo yourself.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suppose hoping that romanlion might be in a position to one day be kept alive on life support for months, fully conscious, unable to communicate, and experience nothing but pain...

Actually, this probably fits in well with his theology. I'm not surprised he wishes it on others. Appalled, but not surprised.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some wells have no bottom.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, how he must have tittered to himself as he imagined how offended everyone with souls would be.

Keep this in mind whenever he has the awfulness to suggest that his opinions are valid.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Oh, how he must have tittered to himself as he imagined how offended everyone with souls would be.

Keep this in mind whenever he has the awfulness to suggest that his opinions are valid.

Oh, I know it plays into his minuscule troll brain. Couldn't contain my anger.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is he a right-libertarian?

Or just a right asshole?

Or maybe right-libertarianism is the 'spiritual home' of right assholes?

Whatever.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Oh, I know it plays into his minuscule troll brain. Couldn't contain my anger.

It could be that there is a certain type of troll which is good to feed. The hope being that over-feeding triggers a troll cardiac arrest.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:

No bottom, and yet fully asshole.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
Is he a right-libertarian?

Or just a right asshole?

Or maybe right-libertarianism is the 'spiritual home' of right assholes?

Whatever.

Libertarianism: the right to choose which road you die beside.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

Explains what comes out then.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone ever seen an example of romanlion answering anyone's response to one of his posts?

I know it's unlikely but I'm in a trainspottery mood today, having just been reading about the Latin Book of Common Prayer.

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Posts: 7247 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardus:
Has anyone ever seen an example of romanlion answering anyone's response to one of his posts?

I've seen him reply, but you'll appreciate the difference. Sometimes when I'm generous I reckon he must be in great pain from something or other, so he tries to pass it on to others.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe it's a bot - reposting random things from reddit.

--------------------
arse

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think romanlion is a troll at all. There are some people in the United States Congress who hold similar views to him, and many people would react the way he does to the unremitting liberalism of our threads on American politics.

I like engaging with people who have different views to mine, even if some of them are hateful. When people of different views clash in political threads there are likely to be sparks and reactions that are not fully thought through. There might even be deliberately spiteful reactions, or stupidly over-the-top reactions.

Some people like to apologise when they do things like this. Others see apology as not their thing. Witness the Fonz.

So, while everyone is acting within their rights and using the structure of the Ship's forums in accordance with my perception of its intention, I plead for mercy on behalf of Romanlion, though I am not acting with his consent or knowledge.

Maybe if we treat him or her with forbearance other people who's thoughts deviate from the mainstream liberal environment of the US politics threads might make a contribution.

This message in sponsored by Peter Styvesant: the cigarette for the international sophisticate.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:

Maybe if we treat him or her with forbearance other people who's thoughts deviate from the mainstream liberal environment of the US politics threads might make a contribution.

Unlikely. Such people appear to be solely in broadcast mode and are not really interested in discussing the stuff they contribute.

--------------------
arse

quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, they tend to operate in drive-by mode most of the time. One attribute of trolls is that they don't stop for a genuine discussion. It's probably too risky.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
quote:

Unlikely. Such people appear to be solely in broadcast mode and are not really interested in discussing the stuff they contribute.
Nor are they interested in people, not even slightly. Just like all trolls, its best to ignore them completely.
Don't feed the troll.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O, do you think The Troll is miserable?

Good.

[Killing me]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
I plead for mercy on behalf of Romanlion, though I am not acting with his consent or knowledge.

Or, it would seem, with a knowledge of his posting patterns. The most charitable thing one can say is that he is not always trolling.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:
I plead for mercy on behalf of Romanlion, though I am not acting with his consent or knowledge.

Or, it would seem, with a knowledge of his posting patterns. The most charitable thing one can say is that he is not always trolling.
Then again, he's not always posting.
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

Explains what comes out then.
Scatologically perfect.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016