homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Hey, Aijalon, you Pinheaded Bigot (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hey, Aijalon, you Pinheaded Bigot
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alright, let's start with a couple of questions.
First, Are you a literalist? If you are, I suppose there is not much need to respond to you, as you will not have the mental capacity to engage.
If you are not a literalist, can provide your location so that we may find you a care facility? It would appear you are in need of supervised care.

If neither of these apply, it would appear you are a bigot and likely a troll. Please come down here and get your arse kicked.

ETA: Link

[ 12. June 2017, 19:51: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aijalon comes from the Boris Johnson school of theology - it came out of my mouth, therefore it must be true.

--------------------
arse

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
Aijalon comes from the Boris Johnson school of theology - it came out of my mouth, therefore it must be true.

The effluence from their facial cavity has other things in common.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't managed to read the whole post, but my whole being is shaken by the utter, venomous hatred expressed.

Much prayer required. I may be some time.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever conclusion or otherwise we reach in Styx, no one has to go to DH and read the shit some internet shut-in has typed (except the Hosts, God have mercy on their souls).

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
Whatever conclusion or otherwise we reach in Styx, no one has to go to DH and read the shit some internet shut-in has typed (except the Hosts, God have mercy on their souls).

....and how else does debate, or indeed, unrest happen? What is the point of a discussion board if the posts are so toxic as to be unreadable?

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, yes, I know. But we all have our limits, and recognising what we can and can't read comfortably is necessary for our mental health.

God be with you, comrade.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It appears this troll is a coward as well.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, this thread was as inevitable as the decomposition of unattended organic matter. Only surprise is that it took this long.

[ 13. June 2017, 04:58: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

- Posted      Profile for romanesque     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Surely the way to prove someone wrong is to debate their position, not start a thread saying Prove You're Not A Complete C***.

note: I haven't a clue what Aijalon's metaphysical views are but I doubt playground politics will throw any light on them.

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
romanesque--

Uh, you really might want to check out the rules for this board (Hell) before saying anything more.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

- Posted      Profile for romanesque     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
romanesque--

Uh, you really might want to check out the rules for this board (Hell) before saying anything more.

If my allusion to the OP's explicit and implicit point in the thread title breeches forum etiquette, you need to explain how. At no point have a favoured any scriptural interpretation, I'm arguing against calling someone a pinhead as a means of opening out debate on the topic. If Hell is cool with expressing fury at other posters in the most uncompromising way, I shall certainly bear that in mind. If I've rung some other bell, speak out.
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

Hell may be a place for debate, but it's especially a place for the inchoate rage when debate breaks down.

lilBuddha can express her OP in any way she sees fit without other posters necessarily getting their panties in a bunch.

DT
HH

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by romanesque:
If my allusion to the OP's explicit and implicit point in the thread title breeches forum etiquette, you need to explain how. At no point have a favoured any scriptural interpretation, I'm arguing against calling someone a pinhead as a means of opening out debate on the topic. If Hell is cool with expressing fury at other posters in the most uncompromising way, I shall certainly bear that in mind. If I've rung some other bell, speak out.

Oh look, the other tool turns up to defend his brother. Do idiots always hunt in pairs?

--------------------
arse

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If Hell is cool with expressing fury at other posters in the most uncompromising way, I shall certainly bear that in mind.

That is exactly what Hell is there for. It was set up to provide a separate place for shippies to express their outrage about things said on other boards. It lets the other boards keep threads on track.

You really should pay much more attention to the culture of the ship. Many people read the boards for quite a while before they join; others post very circumspectly for awhile after they join. Every group has its own characteristics; you should learn what the ship is like, rather than complaining that it's not what you think it should be.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodness me, Aijalon has only been here for 5 minutes and he's been called to Hell already.

Is this a record?

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
[QB] Hell may be a place for debate, but it's especially a place for the inchoate rage when debate breaks down.

Got it. Inner child welcome here.
romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
quote:
If Hell is cool with expressing fury at other posters in the most uncompromising way, I shall certainly bear that in mind.

That is exactly what Hell is there for. It was set up to provide a separate place for shippies to express their outrage about things said on other boards. It lets the other boards keep threads on track.

You really should pay much more attention to the culture of the ship. Many people read the boards for quite a while before they join; others post very circumspectly for awhile after they join. Every group has its own characteristics; you should learn what the ship is like, rather than complaining that it's not what you think it should be.

Moo

No complaints here, I was asking why I'd been warned about my behaviour. If the board is a bun fight I'm happy to bring buns. It won't stop people telling me they're the wrong sort of bun and I should have asked before bringing them, but I get that now.
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
No complaints here, I was asking why I'd been warned about my behaviour. If the board is a bun fight I'm happy to bring buns. It won't stop people telling me they're the wrong sort of bun and I should have asked before bringing them, but I get that now.

Isn't it amazing how those who are so forthright in proclaiming The Truth are so thin skinned and unable to read. Amazing.

--------------------
arse

romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
Isn't it amazing how those who are so forthright in proclaiming The Truth are so thin skinned and unable to read. Amazing. [/QB]

Yes, amazing. Absolutely. Or whatever.
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If the board is a bun fight I'm happy to bring buns. It won't stop people telling me they're the wrong sort of bun and I should have asked before bringing them, but I get that now.

Hell is not a bun fight; it is a safety valve.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
Yes, amazing. Absolutely. Or whatever.

You really are a pathetic spoon, aren't you.

--------------------
arse

romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

quote:
quote:
If the board is a bun fight I'm happy to bring buns. It won't stop people telling me they're the wrong sort of bun and I should have asked before bringing them, but I get that now.

Hell is not a bun fight; it is a safety valve.

Moo

A safety valve for what? An inability to debate people with different opinions? An insistence that people reach the same conclusion or you'll call them a nasty name? A demand that everyone dance to a secular tune or die?

Sounds like a bun fight to me.

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:

A safety valve for what? An inability to debate people with different opinions? An insistence that people reach the same conclusion or you'll call them a nasty name? A demand that everyone dance to a secular tune or die?

Sounds like a bun fight to me.

That'll be because you have a brain the size of a planet, right?

--------------------
arse

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tools travel in twos.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
A safety valve for what?

A safety valve that enables people to call you the utter cockwomble you are without disrupting the discussion on other boards.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
A safety valve for what?

A safety valve that enables people to call you the utter cockwomble you are without disrupting the discussion on other boards.
Just for clarity, are you calling me a cockwomble or anyone who upsets another forum user for any reason?

I'd also like to express my distaste for genteel slurs like "cockwomble" when the English language is replete with the most beautifully descriptive pejoratives. Coy digs show the cowardice of their user. Offend away, arsehole.

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:

Just for clarity, are you calling me a cockwomble

Yes.

--------------------
arse

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice to see Romanesque getting into the spirit of hell. [Biased]
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
romanesque--

quote:
quote:
romanesque--

The post to which I replied made it clear that you don't have much understanding of the Hell board, in terms of venting, fighting, resolving problems, etc. You were blithely marching in, IMHO, telling us what's wrong with Hell, but avoiding any real understanding of it.

Hell can take a long time to understand, and it's not for everyone.

I just put up a small warning flag. Of course, you're free to ignore it. Just remember what the front page of Hell says about painting a target on yourself...
[Paranoid]

PS Has anyone explained "ITTWACW" to you yet?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

quote:
romanesque--

quote:
quote:
romanesque--

The post to which I replied made it clear that you don't have much understanding of the Hell board, in terms of venting, fighting, resolving problems, etc. You were blithely marching in, IMHO, telling us what's wrong with Hell, but avoiding any real understanding of it.

Hell can take a long time to understand, and it's not for everyone.

I just put up a small warning flag. Of course, you're free to ignore it. Just remember what the front page of Hell says about painting a target on yourself...
[Paranoid]

PS Has anyone explained "ITTWACW" to you yet?

I was told Hell is a safety valve. I've studied the thread titles here, the content of the threads and the language used in them, including what is or is not permissible. I don't see any breech of rules, etiquette or initiation ceremonies on my part. If you're British you'll be familiar with Mornington Crescent. I'm currently Hammersmith.
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
I was told Hell is a safety valve. I've studied the thread titles here, the content of the threads and the language used in them, including what is or is not permissible. I don't see any breech of rules, etiquette or initiation ceremonies on my part. If you're British you'll be familiar with Mornington Crescent. I'm currently Hammersmith.

Nope, you're definitely Cockfosters.

--------------------
arse

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
A safety valve for what?

Just for clarity, are you calling me a cockwomble or anyone who upsets another forum user for any reason?

I'd also like to express my distaste for genteel slurs like "cockwomble" when the English language is replete with the most beautifully descriptive pejoratives. Coy digs show the cowardice of their user. Offend away, arsehole.

Please, you whinging, passive-aggressive piece of baby troll shit. You've done little but complain about how this place works. You contain more wines than a brasserie. If you do not like this place, you know where the door is, do not let it hit you where the nappy rash split you.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
If you do not like this place, you know where the door is, do not let it hit you where the nappy rash split you. [/QB]

Thanks, I'll take you up on your offer.
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

quote:
Thanks, I'll take you up on your offer.

All the "aggressive secularists and religious fundamentalists" of this place said hallelujah.

[ 13. June 2017, 15:12: Message edited by: mr cheesy ]

--------------------
arse

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
I've studied the thread titles here, the content of the threads and the language used in them, including what is or is not permissible.

If this is true, then you are an idiot. Both for missing how this place works after studying it and missing the clear postings as to why your statement is inaccurate.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Tools travel in twos.

"Always two there are."

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, where's Aijalon who prompted this thread.

Re-reading the thread on Demonisation ... in DH makes me wonder whether romanesque and Aijalon aren't conjoined twins. [Devil]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I invited him. He lacks the cojones to accept.
Should have been a double Hell call. One for his bigotry, another for his hot mess style of posting.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
Hey, where's Aijalon who prompted this thread.

Re-reading the thread on Demonisation ... in DH makes me wonder whether romanesque and Aijalon aren't conjoined twins. [Devil]

Yes - they arrived at the same time and have very similar views and posting styles.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:

Hostly furry hat on

Accusations of sock-puppetry are viewed dimly by the assembled Host, as they are disruptive to the smooth running of the Ship.

Suffice to say, we have means at our disposal for finding that out, and the way to raise concerns is to PM an Admin and/or Host.

Hostly furry hat off

DT
HH

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't it all a bit like the way that new children at a school sometimes rush around and shout everywhere. Then realise that That sort of behaviour doesn't get anywhere with the children who've been there for ages?

Most calm down in the end.
(bless em...)

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Moo

And some of us take a shitload of time between posts.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone remember if Curious Buddhist was one of a pair?

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:

"Put 'em up, put 'em up" --the Cowardly Lion.

Anybody else reminded of ThomasDF?

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He does have that general aroma, except for the apparent flounce above.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joined in May 2017, gone in June. Get 'em outta here!
Well done everyone!
[Axe murder]

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
Well done everyone!
[Axe murder]

All a wall has to do is be a wall, to break the plate that chooses to hurl itself at the wall.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
Well done everyone!
[Axe murder]

I would normally feel bad if I contributed to someone leaving SOF. But this tool didn't bother learning much about Ship culture, passive-aggressively remarked on what little he did and was a general wanker.
Showed up and immediately started complaining. He is no loss to SOF.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
romanesque posted nine times after that flounce, three times on the Styx thread discussing links and six times on the Biblical interpretation thread in Dead Horses, so I suspect the celebrations could be premature.

I am finding romanesque's insistence that if only I would read reams of science woo published by dubious practitioners I would be convinced that science is wrong, more than a little boring.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016