homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Man with Wife and 4 Kids Goes to Bar late at night while on an overseas trip

This is terrible. What a bastard. This Frederik needs to know that Crown Princess Mary is DEEPLY LOVED and that EVERY PATRIOTIC AUSTRALIAN will act to protect her, stuck at home looking after YOUR CHILDREN.

Listen mate, I've told the Crown Princess that with the right legal advice she could probably get most of Fyn in the settlement. She'll be staying in the Copenhagen Palace during school term with the children, and she'll take the Hunting Lodge for the holidays. SEE WHAT YOUR PHILANDERING HAS COST YOU?

Mary, if you're reading this, I know you'll be hurting love. Be strong. I'm arranging to fly to Denmark now so that I can make sure you have someone familiar to comfort you in a nationalistic way, not in a dirty way like HIM.

I know you like exercise and keeping healthy, but that's probably not something I can help you with. I was thinking more Person-in-Waiting or cultural attache or something. Anyway, we can work out the details when I get there. You stay strong girlfriend.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who cares. Princes are passé. He is just a dude.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, that being interpreted, you have a crush on the crown princess?
[Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did but see her passing by, but I shall love her till I die [Axe murder]

--------------------
Human

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, ffS, you dweeb! You make it sound as if he tried to enter the pub with prostitutes instead of just falling afoul of a new licencing law. He got the same treatment I would have got, except I am not so stupid as to go pubbing without ID.

Grow a pair, huh?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Oh come on Pete. It's obvious what he's trying to do. Frederik and Mary met at the 2000 Olympics in a bar. He's just repeating the behavior. The man is a CAD, sir, a CAD I say, and once a cad, always a cad. Never marry a man who you met at a bar, girls and boys.

Mary should cut the cord now, ensure her children are protected in the succession and prepare to be invited home as Australia's first Australian Head of State. Queen Mary of the Royal House of Donaldson has a fine ring, don't you think? Eventually, her eldest will be monarch of both Denmark and Australia, and our place in the Eurovision Song Contest will be assured.

--------------------
Human

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
simontoad--

You know, you could've just cursed your own gov't for having such a difficult law. (BTW, what's the drinking age there? And why would they card (check ID for) someone who's obviously well past that? No insult intended. He's just obviously an adult.)

Or you could apologize to her for the gov't causing so much trouble. (NOTE: Don't actually contact her--especially not in your besotted-with-her state of mind!)

[Biased]

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Not my Government, it's the bloody banana benders (aka Queensland). And no married man with four children attending a yacht regatta in a foreign country has any business going to a bar after 10pm. He should be in his hotel room skyping his wife and children, or asleep like a good Christian.

--------------------
Human

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Ah, I thought she was there in Oz with him. You *might* have a point.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:

what memories. I heard Menzies say this and even at a youngish age I squirmed. Friends thought it was romantic, I found it creepy.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The only sensible part of the OP is "This is terrible".

Yes. This most certainly is.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
quote:

what memories. I heard Menzies say this and even at a youngish age I squirmed. Friends thought it was romantic, I found it creepy.
You're right Loth. Menzies was getting on I think, and the Queen was a young woman. Princess Mary, on the other hand, went to Law School with my wife [Smile]

--------------------
Human

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
simontoad, maybe just get a picture of the princess and have a damn good wank over it*, rather than bothering us with your infatuations.

If you make sure hte picture is laminated, you could repeat the experience.

*Again.

[ 24. August 2017, 07:04: Message edited by: Schroedinger's cat ]

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

HOW VERY DARE YOU [Mad]

--------------------
Human

anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
The only sensible part of the OP is "This is terrible".

Yes. This most certainly is.

Well, I found it amusing.

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
You know, you could've just cursed your own gov't for having such a difficult law. (BTW, what's the drinking age there? And why would they card (check ID for) someone who's obviously well past that? No insult intended. He's just obviously an adult.)

The article linked in the OP suggested that the law is intended to block access to bars to people with a record of violent behaviour. At the end, stopped 70 people from entering a bar and, potentially, getting violently drunk, from 1.4m IDs checked. Also, reading between the lines, probably stopping more people than that who just want a quiet drink but forgot to carry the appropriate ID.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You can have Mary simontoad...that leaves Frederik for me.

Strange law... I see Alan has explained it well.

The Irish Taoiseach was left waiting in a NY pub for some time recently, and put on a very tiny table, after the (Irish) waitress did not recognise him. Poor well-to-dos, no respect like the old days.

[ 24. August 2017, 07:26: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Be careful Ian. He's a heartbreaker [Smile]

--------------------
Human

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder if he even has ID. I don't think ERII has a passport (not sure about the rest of the royals)..

--------------------
arse

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oops sorry the answer was instantly available with google. I wonder how that compares to other royals in other countries.

--------------------
arse

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is a story of the King of Norway buying some expensive hi-fi kit in an Oslo shop. The assistant asked for some identification to go with the payment. Nonplussed, the King thought for a moment, and then said 'Er - I have a postage stamp'.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
HOW VERY DARE YOU [Mad]

Struck a nerve there, I see.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
There is a story of the King of Norway buying some expensive hi-fi kit in an Oslo shop. The assistant asked for some identification to go with the payment. Nonplussed, the King thought for a moment, and then said 'Er - I have a postage stamp'.

An English friend, during her youth, was working the desk in a small antique store. Processing the purchase, she took the customer's credit card which bore the name of "Sonja of Norway." Not having had her coffee yet that day (or so she claims), she asked: "Mrs Norway, could you give me your address for the invoice?" "Royal Palace, Oslo," was the reply.

My friend's consciousness came into play and she blinked furiously, realizing that she had managed a faux pas of some sort. Queen Sonja offered her passport as proof of identity to resolve the confusion. My friend apologized, saying that they didn't get that many queens passing through.

My guess would be that Prince Henrik has a passport. Certainly popes have passports, as an acquaintance's brother processed John Paul II's passport on a visit to Canada some years ago, and has a photograph of himself doing so to prove it. A quick call this morning to confirm this also elicited that he has seen the Princess Royal's passport, which is diplomatic-- he tells me that the royal family when travelling to Canada use UK diplomatic passports. There is an instruction that they need not use passports to enter Canada as they are deemed to be Canadian, but cannot obtain Canadian passports as, while Canadian, they are not Canadian citizens. I suggested that this is a tad confusing and even contradictory. His response was that I could blame Stephen Harper for this and that both he and Stephen Harper were now retired and, for his part, he no longer gives a flying something-or-the-other.

[ 24. August 2017, 14:29: Message edited by: Augustine the Aleut ]

Posts: 6236 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
HOW VERY DARE YOU [Mad]

Struck a nerve there, I see.
Stop it, or you'll go blind!
[brick wall]

--------------------
Human

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's always been a niggling little fear that I'm going to run into someone famous and have no idea, because I'm faceblind. Not that it would do them any harm--I treat ordinary people decently. But it would be no end embarrassing.

I already manage this with my own neighbors and relatives, etc. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can I start a Hell thread for condemning starting ridiculous Hell threads? For someone starting a Hell thread to condemn imagined bad behaviour with actual bad behaviour?

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Feel free.

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No. Actually don't.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was more a dart thrown at the idiocy and hypocrisy of the OP than the threat of another thread.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's traditional for somebody to post to say how lame the OP is.

You've just done it. Your work here is done. [Biased]

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
It's traditional for somebody to post to say how lame the OP is.

You've just done it. Your work here is done. [Biased]

I can retire!
Seriously, though, were it merely lame I don't think I'd have bothered. But the OP only cares because someone he views as an object is possibly being treated without respect.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

I can't read his/her mind--I found the OP confusing--but I think it was tongue-in-cheek.

Either that, or somebody had a little too much of something before posting. [Razz]

--------------------

anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I can't read his/her mind--I found the OP confusing--but I think it was tongue-in-cheek.

Either that, or somebody had a little too much of something before posting. [Razz]

I absolutely thought it was tongue-in-cheek - and have interpreted all of his replies in that light, as well. Seemed quite Aussie humour to me. Although Orfeo clearly doesn't agree.

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Oh I agree it was trying to be funny. I just don't think it came close to succeeding.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Why does it have to be an either/ or thing?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
It was more a dart thrown at the idiocy and hypocrisy of the OP than the threat of another thread.

I do my best work coming off a sleepover shift [Razz]

--------------------
Human

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Also, I'm a great big huge fan of Terry Devlin

--------------------
Human

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
quote:

If that was your best, I shudder to see the worst.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Now where is the flashing a browneye smilie when you need it [Killing me]

--------------------
Human

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure whether to thank you or not simontoad...

I've spent far too long googling unrecognised royals... Among others the Dutch king apparently likes to fly KLM services. Not sure my life is better for knowing that... Not that, supposedly, Alfred the Great used to go about as a beggar. Oh well. What one does with an afternoon off...

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

If that was your best, I shudder to see the worst.
It can't produce the ID to prove it's a contribution worth posting, and gets turned away at the door.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Non-story, false outrage.

1. The article makes it clear that the crown prince was in Australia for a regatta: Frederick has been sailing for years - we tied up alongside him in Kinsale a few years ago.

2. Ocean racing (which is what he was in Australia for) is a serious business and requires fit crew - which is who the "entourage" were, plus some Australian police from their unit to protect politicians and dignitaries (our equivalent is the Diplomatic Protection Group).

3. Princess Mary was at home in Denmark.

Any shippies out there who sail can confirm that having a drink on the one night you have free without a race the next morning is unexceptional.

Unlike our own royals, the Danes still have a royal yacht...

[ 25. August 2017, 10:05: Message edited by: L'organist ]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:
Not sure whether to thank you or not simontoad...

I've spent far too long googling unrecognised royals... Among others the Dutch king apparently likes to fly KLM services. Not sure my life is better for knowing that... Not that, supposedly, Alfred the Great used to go about as a beggar. Oh well. What one does with an afternoon off...

King Abdullah of Jordan, in the first years of his reign, used to get in the line at government offices to see what sort of treatment was being dealt out by bureaucrats to his subjects. Apparently it speeded up processing for a little while, and a few officials who enjoyed shouting abuse at applicants came to enjoy their transfers to slaughterhouse inspection duties.
Posts: 6236 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

And Abdullah's father, the late King Hussein, used to drive a cab to find out what was going on. He was also on ham radio.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

and as I understand it, the King is trying to evolve his country from absolute monarchy to constitutional monarchy. This might be a rearguard action to forestall islamist republicanism, but its probably both that and a genuine reform.

--------------------
Human

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry? I mean not very Gehenna is it? Strine whimsy isn't exactly infernal.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

damn. I always stuff up on process and classification [Smile]

--------------------
Human

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anoesis:
quote:

I absolutely thought it was tongue-in-cheek - and have interpreted all of his replies in that light, as well. Seemed quite Aussie humour to me. Although Orfeo clearly doesn't agree.
I thought it was funny. And even if it doesn't 'fit' the raison d'etre for Hell, I've enjoyed a lot of this thread. But my sense of humour's a bit suspect.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

if you're on the Ship at all, your sense of humor is certainly suspect. [Razz]

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:
I'm sorry? I mean not very Gehenna is it? Strine whimsy isn't exactly infernal.

Wash your fucking mouth out.
Danish anachronisms getting special treatment just isn't worth getting aerated over for us Aussies, who are after all to drunk to feel our sunburns.

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016