homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Nobody can be that stupid, it must be deliberate

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Nobody can be that stupid, it must be deliberate
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can only conclude that Jammed-Arse and Kompleat Cordite are deliberately obfuscating and misrepresenting my position on the interminable 'Terrorists' thread.

It's probably my fault for keeping it going or even engaging with the pair of them in the first place.

I readily accept my verbosity and clench my buttocks before the boots kick me up the arse for that.

What I cannot understand at this stage is how the bastards continually twist my words and, it appears to me, wilfully misinterpret and misrepresent what I'm saying and continue to project their own binariness onto my arguments whilst apparently remaining blissfully unaware how one-dimensional their own are.

There is a theological word for this: Twats.

Surely nobody could be that stupid?

Well, perhaps Jamat is. As Kaplan's clearly brighter he must be either taking the piss to wind me up or else deliberately and wilfully distorting what I've been trying to say.

I'm calling both of them to Hell to give an account of themselves because they've both got on my fucking nerves.

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I saw "Nobody can be that stupid, it must be deliberate" I immediately thought of this.

Get a grip.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:

It's probably my fault for keeping it going or even engaging with the pair of them in the first place.

This.

Disengage and do something useful with your time.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wise words mdijon and Boogie. Shame I didn't listen to you last time ...

It's high time I got the hell out of evangelicalism if that's where it leads and high time I stopped using the likes of Jamat and Kaplan as target practice.

As the cheesy adage says, 'The only point in looking back is to see how far you've come.'

Not far enough judging by my recent lapses.

Lord help us ...

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gamaliel, you need to watch more of those funny home video shows, or maybe google "Darwin Awards"?

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
G--

IMHO, just walk away from that convo and topic. It's kind of the Slough of Despond. (Look it up, if you're not familiar.)

You don't necessarily have to walk away from Evangelicalism. Just get away from the twisted version on that thread.

I've been thinking that all hermeneutics should be 25 words or less. Would save a lot of fuss.

Good luck.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
G--

BTW, don't expect clarity and satisfaction from this thread. KC and J are unlikely to say anything they haven't already said. And it won't heal/fix anything.

Don't get further entangled. One alternative might be to just ask an H/A to close the thread. Might be freeing, FWIW.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Since Youtube, the "nobody can be that stupid" argument is proven wrong. SOmebody can be, and will video themselves.

And since Trump/May, it is even more demonstrable that, actually, people are always more stupid that we can imagine. The pit of stupidity is incredibly deep.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Yes, it's more my fault than theirs, he said Purgatorially.

They can't help it, poor dabs, they've been conditioned that way ...

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:
They can't help it

Nor, apparently, can you.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Ha ha ha ...

Then all is determined. Come back double-predestination Calvinists, all is forgiven.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LOL! True. Eeeee, G., Jammed-Arse. (1) as in kludged up (2) as in jam smeared. Wonderful.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Smart people are "that stupid". Partly because all people have their blind spots, their Things I Believe despite evidence to the contrary. Partly because they are smart. It can lend to a lack of critical examination of one's belief.

And then there is habit. Which is why this will not be the last time you do this Gamaliel.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What thread is this all about? Provide a link?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016