homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Hell   » Trumpton (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Trumpton
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had no idea either, but Google is our friend.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
I never thought I'd say this but...Go, Arnold!

I must have missed something. Who is Arnold and what did he do?
When Arnold started as governor of calif he began much like trump: exploiting flaws in the system to rise to a win based on celebrity. He tried to stomp all over the legislature and bully them to meeting his will much like trump. He was slapped down hard by both legislators and electorate. But then... He listened. Wonder of wonders: apologized! He was far from our best governor (and a far worse husband) but he improved with time

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Meanwhile it seems he's just shafted the people who try to decipher his brain farts [Ultra confused]

Does he not understand that his "absolute right" to do things is not in question? If you want someone to tell you their secrets, you agree not to tell those secrets to other people (even if you have the "absolute right" to do so.) If you go around blabbing about other people's secrets, what are the chances that they will continue to trust you with those secrets?
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm.....could/would/should the Republicans (if there be any still concerned for their country and their world) put Arnie up as a rival papal-style Anti-President?

[Two face]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, he's too liberal for the Republicans.

He even took the doors off his Hummer to reduce the weight and improve the gas mileage (though I'm not sure it made much difference considering the resulting aerodynamics.)

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I suppose it's the thought that counts...

...but are there are no liberal (or even liberal-ish) Republicans?

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's another rally and march on Saturday. I plan to be at the one in New York City.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Arnold cannot be President because he was not born in the USA.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is a range of political opinion within the Republican party, certainly, but the more extreme people are more likely to vote in primary elections.

Consider the last Republican primary, where the leading candidates were Trump and Cruz. The only candidate who attracted any kind of support that I might describe as "not a complete nutter" was John Kasich, and he's really not a moderate in any sense - he's just not batshit crazy.

[ 02. June 2017, 20:30: Message edited by: Leorning Cniht ]

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Ah, but can he produce his birth certificate to prove that?

O wait a mo....

[Paranoid]

IJ

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

(Answering Miss Amanda's point re Arnie.....)

IJ

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Ah, but can he produce his birth certificate to prove that?

Our local court system once asked me to prove that I wasn't American (I'd been summoned for jury duty, because they use the drivers license database to build their lists, but dirty foreigners aren't eligible.)

I briefly toyed with the idea of explaining to them why it wasn't possible for me to prove that I wasn't an American, before common sense got the better of me, and I proved to them that I was British, which seemed to satisfy them.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Drat. That would have been fun.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I find myself in tweets of trouble
Mother Russia comes to me
Speaking words of Putin
Covfefe

(had to share!)

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
Arnold cannot be President because he was not born in the USA.

Some years back, there were Congressfolk who wanted to change that rule--just so Arnold could be president.
[Paranoid]

Fortunately, it didn't get very far.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
np--

[Killing me] Did you create that?

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
I had to turn off Planet America because I got so upset. I might just write this quote out on a bit of paper and see if it will help me watch the rest.

I caught up with it [a programme on Australian TV that takes a serious and humorous look at American politics] yesterday and it was terribly frustrating and upsetting. But informative viewing. Have to watch last night's.

You know...it pains me to say this but I was not so upset when he was elected...shocked, somewhat appalled given his comments on women and minorities, but not upset. I thought he'd be reined in and things may progress -- to the right, admittedly, but without much drama.

Each and every day I find myself growing more upset. And more annoyed at how I could've thought [hoped?] it could go any other way. And how I missed what an utter buffoon depriving some village of an idiot he is. I apologise for my extreme ignorance.

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:

. . . Each and every day I find myself growing more upset. . . .

I think I went into a sort of shock after the election -- I was paralyzed with dismay, then depression, and there are corners of my brain that still haven't quite accepted that this -- Charlie Pierce's description fits best --"vulgar talking yam" is not only in office, but is being robustly aided and abetted by members of a party my father supported all his life.

The only shred of hope I have left is the fact that these thugs are not actually governing with the consent of the governed.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yeah, this happened to me too. I was very upset with a little under half of the American electorate, including people I knew. I couldn't comprehend how you could be a nice person and at the same time vote for that man. It really bought home to me just how little I share with those Americans. I have to close my eyes and think of my liberal friend from Sacramento to regain my equilibrium.

The same move to the right is evident here, and on similar issues. I'm fooling myself I'm sure, but I don't think it could happen in the same way here because we don't have a Presidential system.

I guess the main reason I don't want a move to the right is that I'll be hitting the aged care system in about 20 years, and I want it to be well-funded.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This may make you smile.

[ 03. June 2017, 05:03: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Ian--

quote:
Each and every day I find myself growing more upset. And more annoyed at how I could've thought [hoped?] it could go any other way. And how I missed what an utter buffoon depriving some village of an idiot he is. I apologise for my extreme ignorance.

Thanks for this. [Smile] [Angel]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Ian--

quote:
This may make you smile.

[Big Grin] Is that a smallish soccer ball??

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by Ohher:
I think I went into a sort of shock after the election -- I was paralyzed with dismay, then depression, and there are corners of my brain that still haven't quite accepted that this . . . vulgar talking yam is not only in office, but is being robustly aided and abetted by members of a party.

My sentiment precisely. I couldn't bear to watch the news for weeks after the election. I still can't bear to hear him talk. Thank God for the mute button. I refuse to accept that he is president. I refer to him as "the present occupant of the White House," not by the title that the Russians helped him usurp.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

This video is priceless.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This video is priceless.

That is simply wonderful. Thank you so much for this! [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This video is priceless.

That might make an opera lover of me yet. [Overused]

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
This video is priceless.

That is simply wonderful. Thank you so much for this! [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]
Ditto! And they even thought to put the US flag in the distress-signal position (upside down).

Slight tangent: Loan company JT Wentworth has TV ads in various musical genres--including opera on a city bus, which I love.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

The Weather Channel went after Trump on climate change (from Pop Sugar)! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The future site of the trumpy presidential library.

Another 'had to share' - if we don't laugh we cry.

"A thing is funny when - in some way that is not actually offensive or frightening - it upsets the established order. Every joke is a tiny revolution." -- George Orwell wrote that in his essay "Funny, But Not Vulgar", except trumpy is vulgar, but not funny.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:

Well, we won't have to worry about any books getting ruined -- I doubt that he owns any (other than hundreds of copies of the ones he "wrote").

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

But what about copies of his tax returns? Oh, wait, he probably shredded them.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

Picking up on the "vulgar but not funny" idea, though, I thought it vulgar AND funny:

He is "President Donald Fuck".

Rurn out the lights and lock the door, and beware of bigly IQ president donald fuck.

sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm deep cleaning my house today while I listen to former FBI Director Coney's testimony. The two activities just seemed to go together. [Snigger]

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It does remind me of Watergate. Was it John Dean who testified at one point, amongst others?

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Since I'm in the Pacific time zone, I couldn't drink while watching Comey's testimony. But it was still fun.

Lowlight: John McCain reverting to angry old man on the porch.

Highlight: "I hope you can let this go" is just hoping. Nothing wrong with hoping. Just like "That's a really nice business you have there ... it would be a shame if anything happened to it" is compliments and good wishes.

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:

Well, we won't have to worry about any books getting ruined -- I doubt that he owns any (other than hundreds of copies of the ones he "wrote").
Reminds me of an old Utah Phillips joke about (then-US Vice President) Spiro Agnew: "He had a fire the other day. A great tragedy. His library burned down. He lost both books. He wasn't even finished coloring one of them."

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bump!

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

They plan on reproducing?

Match-making site for trumpy fans.

Maybe we should pray for them and offer them condolences?

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anderson Cooper reveals the true balance between Trumpton compassion and Trumpton self-interest.

"We cry BS!"

Take him away from a teleprompter and the egomania erupts.

As does my [Projectile]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

The patriotic dating site for supporters of the Orange Lord of New Mordor might actually be a Good Thing, in that the resultant inbreeding would soon result in extinction.

No?

[Two face]

IJ

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, there was apiece in The Times last week (two weeks ago?) that in a psychological test, those of conservative inclination were more physically attractive than those to the left. Also, I have it on good authority that the sex at the Republican conventions is pretty great.

Inbreeding, perhaps, but a lot of fun getting there.

Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The smell of pure blood is in the air.

At least two trumpiites dating eachother wouldn’t likely waste valuable humping time discussing politics.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read that the photo of love struck Trumpies on the dating website had to be replaced because the male turned out to be a convicted sex offender.

I’m surprised they didn’t leverage that discovery into a Unique Selling Point.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry for the double post.

Trump Dating Site

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

If they hook up with the Paranormal Dating site, perhaps we could get the nastier Trumpites out of this world?
[Biased]

Though I wouldn't wish the Trumpites on the Paranormal crowd.

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

quote:
Originally posted by LutheranChik:
I read that the photo of love struck Trumpies on the dating website had to be replaced because the male turned out to be a convicted sex offender.

I’m surprised they didn’t leverage that discovery into a Unique Selling Point.

Indeed.
— Lonely Heart 💘 seeks fun times. Looking to grab pussy and possibly more— [Axe murder]

--------------------

jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Though I wouldn't wish the Trumpites on the Paranormal crowd.

I'd be a bit worried about cross-pollination...

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm. Have we got ANYTHING transcendently, inclusively subversive to say? Or are we so ignorant and powerless that all we can do is frightened liberal locker room, echo chamber 'satire'?

What we didn't learn from Dubbyer, we aren't applying in spades to Trump.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

Negative attention is what got him power.
He can play the luvvies like a stradivarius.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And we liberal luvvies fall for it every time. We deliver on care/harm, fairness/cheating whinges on behalf of minorities at the expense of those same moral foundations and all the rest in moral conservatives.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016