homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » NoCal shipmeet Sat 3 Feb

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: NoCal shipmeet Sat 3 Feb
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
amorya is coming to the Bay Area. We should have a meet - maybe the last one organized before we all pile into launches and move to the new ship.

I think it'll be in Menlo Park (ish) on the Saturday.

Our longtime go to place in MP was Iberia, but that's no longer there.

If anyone has an idea for a place to meet, let us know.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trellis or Sultana in Menlo Park near the train station are both good though there are a lot of restaurants in that area.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Amorya

Ship's tame galoot
# 2652

- Posted      Profile for Amorya   Email Amorya   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll have a rental car, and will be heading to San Francisco airport in the evening, so I don't mind travelling a bit. When I was there last month, I drove over to Half Moon Bay on the Saturday.

I'll need to be at the airport for around 6pm, for an 8pm flight, so maybe a lunchtime/afternoon meet?

Posts: 2383 | From: Coventry | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<Bump!>
This is suddenly next week. Any takers for a meet next Saturday?

Amorya

Ship's tame galoot
# 2652

- Posted      Profile for Amorya   Email Amorya   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you guys still up for lunch tomorrow?

It's a shame more people haven't shown interest. I thought we had a bigger Ship crowd in the bay area…

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've got chronic problems which usually keep me at home. Plus flu or something on top of that.

So I can't be there. Just please put the city back where you found it, and also any lampshades you "acquire" as hats.

Have fun! [Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

Damn. Another opportunity missed. My phone rang last night at about 9:30 (I was sound asleep as usual) and I got called in to work.
Sorry it didn't work out.

Amorya

Ship's tame galoot
# 2652

No worries. I had a good time in Menlo Park -- I went swimming in the outdoor pool.

I'll let you know next time I'm in the area. Work trips happen reasonably often [Smile]

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016