homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Secret Santa - yes or no.

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Secret Santa - yes or no.
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The numbers signing up for Secret Santa have declined over the years. Whilst I am prepared to organise it again this year, I wanted to check if people still want one, or should we knock it into touch.
IF people want it, I'll start a a thread in September to run till the start of November, which means Santas will have time to get gifts sent to their Santees to arrive by Christmas.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would take part if there was one. I enjoy Secret Santa.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm of the same opinion - I would happily take part if there was one as I really enjoy it. But I do understandthat it takes some organisation!!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like one too, if possible.
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Uncle Pete has started a poll in the Circus - could people please vote?

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just been and added my vote. Thanks St Gwladys and Uncle Pete.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sadly too broke, this year. Long term unemployment is a bitch. Every dollar is allotted [Waterworks]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like to participate, please. [Smile]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A yes from me.
I enjoy it

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have been a Secret Santa for the past 10 years. It's great fun, and I have amassed some treasured little trinkets from across the world. I'd like to be in again this year. [Smile]

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have voted over at The Circus. [Smile]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The cost of posting things to and from NZ can get a bit expensive. I know it's not the same, but I was wondering about an exchange of cards as an alternative possibility. People who are more au fait with technology than I could also send e cards.

I have enjoyed taking part in Secret Santa, particularly one year, when I made something that the recipient really liked, but next year I retire and will have to be more careful of my money.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would like to take part. (And I shall go and vote to that effect.)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
The cost of posting things to and from NZ can get a bit expensive. I know it's not the same, but I was wondering about an exchange of cards as an alternative possibility. People who are more au fait with technology than I could also send e cards.

I have enjoyed taking part in Secret Santa, particularly one year, when I made something that the recipient really liked, but next year I retire and will have to be more careful of my money.

Huia

I still have a little banner that still lives on the side of my monitor...

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*clears throat*

Secret Santa, yes or no
Where's the thread that tells us so?
I can't find it - am I wrong?
So I wrote this little song

Ship Secret Santa
Ship Secret Santa
Ship Secret Santa
So was it yes or no?

*ahem*

Which being interpreted means ... what was the decision? Or are we waiting for the new Ship?

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Sorry Gill, there wasn't a huge response, which, ironically makes the organisation more difficult, so it's "No".

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Awww...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Frown]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for offering again this year, St Gwladys. For those of you who are disappointed it is not on, a reminder in your diary perhaps to check so you don’t miss out again?

At this stage of the year, even cards could be a hit and miss affair, especially if international postage is required.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I did respond at the time, Lothlorien. And I did Watch This Space for an announcement. I assumed that not enough people had responded, which is a shame.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quite a few responded at the time of posting. I was not suggesting that you, nor anyone else for that matter had not. Sorry if I gave that impression. I read all All Saints posts as part of the job. I was just making the point that the response was smaller than it often is.

[ 08. December 2017, 03:50: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the New Ship became our Secret Santa.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whats the "new ship"?
Posts: 5830 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
...I was just making the point that the response was smaller than it often is.

Understood, and I apologize if I appeared to be casting aspersions.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Belle Ringer:
Whats the "new ship"?

Hello Belle Ringer - I've missed you.

Click onto the first thread on the Styx board. Exciting times.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
...I was just making the point that the response was smaller than it often is.

Understood, and I apologize if I appeared to be casting aspersions.
All fine, Rossweisse. I think we both possiblyt misread each other. Hope Santa calls on you.

[ 09. December 2017, 03:35: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016