homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Pale Skin and Rickets, the Post Count Thread (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pale Skin and Rickets, the Post Count Thread
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
I don't even know where to look for my post count number.

I’m the bottom left of your last post, right above the red Logged, it says Posts: 5831. That is your post count number. At least at the time of this writing.
Don’t look at mine, it is far too high. I’m just glad it doesn’t say Relevant Posts...

[ 15. December 2017, 13:57: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd been looking forward to 20,000 (what a full and active life I have!), but I don't think even at my most verbose I'd make it before the re-launch.

Maybe I should start playing all the games in the Circus - that doesn't half rack up your post-count ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We shall all be equal, if for but a moment.
Anyone care to run a book on how many posts mousethief will have made before the new Ship finishes her shakedown cruise?
I'm betting a four digit count before the drydock fills enough to float her keel...

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good grief I never realized the system was keeping tabs on me like that!

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
I'd been looking forward to 20,000 (what a full and active life I have!), but I don't think even at my most verbose I'd make it before the re-launch.

Maybe I should start playing all the games in the Circus - that doesn't half rack up your post-count ... [Big Grin]

Oh go on!

Then take a screen shot of the amayzing 20,000 to frame.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And 20,000 posts (the crucial one on prayer thread).

I talk a lot.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:
... Maybe I should start playing all the games in the Circus - that doesn't half rack up your post-count ...

Oh go on!

Challenge accepted!

This should be 20,000. . [Yipee]

[ 08. January 2018, 04:27: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe I can make it to 15,000 before the relaunch. Or not.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm just picturing a weary Piglet, staying up all night, with aching trotter pressing the 'Add Reply' button just one more time.....

.....and then collapsing, and having to be revived with GIN.

[Big Grin]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just wanna say how really, really, sorry I am, Lord, to just have used the word 'just' twice in one sentence, but I just really, really wanna get to my 10000 posts soon, before the Lord comes again, or the new Ship gets launched...

Ay-Men.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
I just wanna say how really, really, sorry I am, Lord, to just have used the word 'just' twice in one sentence, but I just really, really wanna get to my 10000 posts soon, before the Lord comes again, or the new Ship gets launched...

Ay-Men.

BF, you're a tube*. And a complete tonic. [Smile]

* tube, (Northern Irish mildly derogatory slang) n. a fool. cf. eejitUsed in gentle mockery of someone who has done or said something daft.

[ 08. January 2018, 21:07: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

Actually, no. The Hosts and Admins have had something of a head start on the rest of you while testing the new software. A couple of us are past 100 posts already [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Also, it may interest you to know that in the new software, if a post or thread gets deleted it disappears from your post count as well!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

And that makes 30,000 posts for me!!!

That's an average of 5.57 posts per day for nearly 15 years.

Egad [Eek!] [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

Actually, no. The Hosts and Admins have had something of a head start on the rest of you while testing the new software. A couple of us are past 100 posts already [Big Grin]
Cheaters!
Doesn't matter, within days, mousethief will eclipse you.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Hours, probably.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
And that makes 30,000 posts for me!!!

Bravo!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Good on you, Marvin! [Smile]

--------------------

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done Marvin!

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
5141 days after I signed up, here I am at 2000 posts.

Mind you, I posted very little in my first few years, so most of those posts have happened since 2009.

[Big Grin]

Congratulations to Marvin!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Well done Japes! [Smile]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I made it to 15,000 posts!

Okay, can we launch the new Ship now?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Way to go, Ross! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

But I'll never catch up to you, JJ!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Good on you, Ross! [Smile]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

...or to you, Piglet!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Big Grin]

I do talk the most awful lot of b*ll*cks, don't I?

--------------------

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay Rossweisse! Well done.

--------------------

- Lyda Rose

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
I do talk the most awful lot of b*ll*cks, don't I?

Nahh.

Thank you, Gill!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

Since I doubt I will make another 100 posts before the current Ship goes into dry dock ...

Mini-celebration alert!

--------------------

- Lyda Rose

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I’m working on getting to 13,000 before we all walk the plank [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Well, I passed the 10000 mark a while back.

May the Lord have mercy on my soul.

And on yours.... [Snigger]

IJ

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was hoping for 19,000 drivel-clicks, but I fear the plank may beat me, too ...

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(though I could cheat [Biased] )

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Do what I did: start playing the games in the Circus - it doesn't half rack up your post-count! [Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Finally. Finally, finally!

18,000! It sure took long enough!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Brava, JJ!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

jedijudy

# 333

Thank you, Ross! You made it all look so easy! I felt I was swimming upstream amongst the salmon! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

13,000!

Yay!

I’ve taken a screen shot for posterity [Big Grin]

Now, bring on the New Ship!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

jedijudy

# 333

Way to go, Boogie! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Yay, Boogie! (I'm just hoping I don't make it to 16k before the New Ship launches.)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

jedijudy

# 333

You have until Wednesday, Ross! [Biased]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I might make it to 15,100.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, should I try and hit 18,000 by a run at Everlasting Sentences, or should I actually work?

Decisions, decisions...

(having seen, and regretfully passed, the aesthetically pleasing 17890...)

[ 26. February 2018, 12:18: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eutychus, I'd be happy to sign in as you and get that post count up!!!

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Well done, Rossweisse! 15,105 just above....

[Overused]

IJ

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Thank you, BF! I shan't make it to 15,200, though.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I shall have to make an attempt at 11800.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And this should be it... 11800, I hope.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Brava, Nicole!

And tomorrow we all begin again.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016