homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Offers of support for WW

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Offers of support for WW
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When Pete comes to some conclusions re what would help Wodders, please post your agreement or ideas on this thread, not the original.

In the meantime keep an eye as Pete suggests on his signature.

Of course, if you have concrete suggestions, they can go, please, on the original thread started by Pete.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
Thank you to all who contributed. I am passing this all on to friends of WW. Depending on item costs, please watch my signature.

Watching! [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been ashore (voluntarily) for a while - could you direct me to a thread which says what's going on?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jacobsen, here's one , there are others. Will send you PM

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I apologise that I have not posted. I have heard nothing by email for over a week. Hoping this means status quo ante.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Pete, you can work only with what you know, but thanks for the update, if that is the right name for it.

Hope you are getting over that fall.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I heard from Him & Herself today and it sounds like a Kindle Audible might be the thing to get.

I am asking Wodder's friends to help me fund this. It is apparently a subscription, but I am unclear as to how the things work.

I also am trying to work out how to collect the money. I am in a completely new environment and still trying to sort things out.

The best way to do this seems to be to have the Kindle Audible reader sent to his house, which address I will gladly supply. Could someone go to amazon.in to figure out how to buy and ship locally. Amazon is not really my thing.

100 rupees is roughly $CAD2,00; $US2.00 is 130 rupees; GBP2.00 is roughly 169 rupees.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pete

uh oh.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

oh, FUDGE!

Anyone have any other idea for an audiobook reader?

--------------------

Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Could we buy one in the UK, set it up with a few hundred books, based on donations, and ship it out? Or too risky? Coordinating by PayPal should be fairly straightforward?

[ 06. November 2017, 13:31: Message edited by: Ferijen ]

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Ferijen, I have sent Pete some lower level suggestions from two techie sons. We may find something easier than that too. We will get there one way or another.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

And thank you for the suggestions, Lothlorien. I was not feeling well today but I will follow up soon,

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

An aftermath of your fall? whatever. Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder if this would work. We would still need to purchase some device that can run the RNIB product and we could also choose one that with time could access Audible.

I will send an email.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pete, could we set up a gofundme page?
Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
Pete, could we set up a gofundme page?

I was wondering about that.

Two words of caution: 1) Gofundme keeps a percentage (10%?) since they provide the webpage and process the funds. 2) The person setting it up has the income reported for tax purposes (IRS in the U.S., not sure of the equivalent in Canada). So Pete would have to pay taxes on whatever is collected.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure if this is of any use, or has already been mentioned (apologies if so).
British Council India Audio Books

Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Thanks for suggestions. I know Pete has not been well but all ideas are welcome.

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

quote:
Originally posted by Jengie jon:
I wonder if this would work. We would still need to purchase some device that can run the RNIB product and we could also choose one that with time could access Audible.

I will send an email.

Jengie

Sorry, a dead end due to copyright issues.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
* bump *

Is there anything we can do?

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Pete said that there is some progress but it is slow. Right now, Wodders does not need fancy technology, although that may change down theb track. It is podcasts etc he wants now. I will post more if anything more comes through.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you. I wondered if I had missed something posted on another thread.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016