homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Recently diagnosed Aspie (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Recently diagnosed Aspie
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's me. A very late diagnosis indeed, but it has proved extremely helpful - for a start, it explains an awful lot!

I hope this thread will be a place where we can support each other, and hear from fellow Aspies who have known about themselves for longer, and have had practice in walking the walk.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome to the fine world of autism.
Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hugs. I am undoubtedly Aspergic, but not to an extent that requires anything other than a job in computing (which I have, so that is fine).

I think, finding places and environments that are tolerable is important. It is a diagnosis that means you need to adapt your lifestyle somewhat, but it is something you are perfectly able to live with, in the real world.

Hugs (again).

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Things finally got too much, what with things constantly changing at work. Being only 20 months from retirement age I took the easy option.

I have no routine for now, which is difficult, and without having work colleagues I have to find a new social circle. That is not easy.

I have not replied much to the previous autism spectrum threads. Whenever people say Aspies/High functioning autistics do this or that I want to say, "I don't." But that is the problem with a spectrum, we are all different and can at best talk about similarities.

Just how social awkwardness, to name one of the similarities, pans out in practise varies a lot. I dislike parties, but usually find someone who will talk with me away from the main indecipherable din (it is to me). Different voices from different directions, I cut that down by heading to a corner. I hope so, I have a firework party next Saturday.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So many things fell into place. It's pleasant to realise that I was only partially a bolshie adolescent; the other part was Aspie logic. It could be, though, that in the 1960s they were hard to tell apart.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Aspie logic.

Is that the once you have worked it out you find it very hard to admit you are wrong type of Aspie logic? If so, that's two of us.

[ 28. October 2017, 22:40: Message edited by: balaam ]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Best wishes jacobsen, and amber., SC and balaam, and all.
Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everyone is different. Everyone with a particular condition is different. A diagnosis is ver yuseful to help indicate possible factors, but you so have to work out your own way of coping, of handling the dstinctiveness of your brain functioning.

Did you see the Chris Packham documentary. I found it intriguing, in his insights and his ability to manage his distinctiveness.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

I like that word distinctiveness. Yes, I saw the programme. He certainly found a way through, albeit with some pain.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

It's still on i>player, watch it.

I like the bit where he was saying that his brain is always going on three things at once, and that he can go off on a monologue on a tangent which is not what was being discussed.

That is so like me. I also share his obsessiveness, but not his obsessions. In other aspects of Asperger's syndrome we are very different though.

Th program followed some doctors who thought autism could be cured, all I saw in this part was children being abused, it was very disturbing.

If someone found a cure where I could take a pill and no longer be on the autism spectrum I would not take it as it would take away a large part of what makes me me. I have coped for 63 years with being thought of as a bit weird; I'm sure I'll cope with a few more.

Even before this thread opened my sig reflected a couple of aspects of being an Aspie.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
quote:
Aspie logic.

Is that the once you have worked it out you find it very hard to admit you are wrong type of Aspie logic? If so, that's two of us.
Um. Maybe. Or perhaps it's that according to my logic I am right. OTOH other people coming from a different set of premises may have logically arrived at a different conclusion. They may also be right. Having got to my seventh decade, this is something I have managed to take on board.

OTOH again, there have been work situations where the management have simply tried to breach clear contractual agreements. Now there, I was RIGHT.

--------------------

Helen-Eva
Shipmate
# 15025

- Posted      Profile for Helen-Eva   Email Helen-Eva   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just bought Chris Packham's book "Fingers in the Sparkle Jar". I hope it's not too sad - there's bound to be a lot about the hawk he had that died.

--------------------
I thought the radio 3 announcer said "Weber" but it turned out to be Webern. Story of my life.

Posts: 637 | From: London, hopefully in a theatre or concert hall, more likely at work | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Jacobson and others - the Waving board is a place where anyone with neuro-atypicality can find others and support.

Aspergers is included, so if you would find that useful, please do apply.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Thanks, SC. Much appreciated.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Also applied. Thanks SC.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

But where is the waving board?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Ah, found it on the private boards. [Hot and Hormonal]
I have applied.

--------------------

amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unless I am much mistaken, Waving's rules say that one must have mental health conditions, to join. Autism by itself doesn't count, for membership, as it's not a mental health condition (which it isn't, of course). Tricky stuff.
Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Jacobson and others - the Waving board is a place where anyone with neuro-atypicality can find others and support.

Aspergers is included, so if you would find that useful, please do apply.

I applied (I have ADHD) but was turned down.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm part way up the Aspie scale, and also enjoy being synaesthesic (today, being Tuesday, is a nice peacock-blue colour).

We have a new family at church, and the eldest child (8 years old) said to me proudly on Sunday, 'I have autism!'. His Mum smilingly told me that he had, as it were, taken possession of his condition. No bad thing, IMHO.

(BTW,they left their previous church because they were made to feel unwelcome, the autistic son being given to what some people may see as erratic behaviour.

Our Place is autism-aware, and big enough to absorb anyone who feels the need to wander about, hide in corners, concentrate on their tablet, or whatever. Even the occasional shout is interpreted as 'praising the Lord' in that person's own way...)

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Apologies, I think I misunderstood what I was told (totally my fault), in that Aspergers alone is not enough for Waving.

This was my misunderstanding, so grovelling if this has confused or misdirected people. I will deliver my own head on a stick so you can pelt it with rotten tomatoes.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

No problem, SC. But I don't fit the Waving criteria, so won't be joining that board. We need one of our own IMO.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Folowing the "Contact us" route, I've emailed Simon, and await a response.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
I'm part way up the Aspie scale, and also enjoy being synaesthesic.

People don't understand what I mean when I say that I "see" music. But it's not colors -- it's shapes and motions, and usually in black-and-white or shades of gray.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
No problem, SC. But I don't fit the Waving criteria, so won't be joining that board. We need one of our own IMO.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. There is considerable co-morbidity between ADHD, ASD, Dyspraxia etc. so a general non-neurotypical board could have some validity.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
quote:

People don't understand what I mean when I say that I "see" music. But it's not colors -- it's shapes and motions, and usually in black-and-white or shades of gray.
I tend towards that. It's shapes, or even stuff that while visual would be impossible to capture in art. I realised that music I don't like, quite often I don't like because of how it looks.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome to the wonderful world of synaesthesia!

It's apparently a fairly rare condition, and varies greatly (some see numbers/letters as colours, for instance, or, like Karl, can 'see' music).

My week is like a tongue-and-groove wooden wall, with the planks in different colours:

Monday - bright green
Tuesday - light blue (think kingfisher)
Wednesday - sunshine yellow
Thursday - dark red (think claret or Burgundy)
Friday - dark brown (chocolate?)
Saturday - silvery-grey
Sunday - metallic gold

One of the Cubs at Our Place is autistic, and he, too, sees days in colours (his Wednesdays are also yellow).

I think I've quoted this before, but it's true:

'Don't look at me in that tone of voice! It smells a funny colour!'

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not so rare as you might think (says another synaesthete). I've got colored/shaped hearing, colored letters, and the occasional whiff of colored smell or pain myself.

On a different subject, I applied to Waving and never heard back, so gave up. Depression and anxiety, plus PTSD.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Sorry to hear about that LC, it's a lot to cope with. [Axe murder]

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suspect physical ill health of one of the Waving hosts is the cause Lamb Chopped.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our eldest son has Asperger's Syndrome (which is not in the DSM 5). I am the Student Accessibility Counsellor on our campus. As such, I work with many students on the autism spectrum who manifest the diagnosis in very different manners.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I figured it was just one of those things.

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
quote:

I tend towards that. It's shapes, or even stuff that while visual would be impossible to capture in art. I realised that music I don't like, quite often I don't like because of how it looks.
I prefer warm music to cold music. Music has a temperature.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

That's the first I've heard of music having a temperature. Could you give some examples, Balaam?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Although I'm not an Aspie, and not (as far as I know) synaesthesic I know a few pieces of music which I feel as "cold", some religious, others not:

Religious
Quem vidistis by Poulenc
A spotless rose; by Herbert Howells

Secular
Vienna by Ultravox

I can't really explain it: they just do - and are none the worse for that.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen-Eva:
I've just bought Chris Packham's book "Fingers in the Sparkle Jar". I hope it's not too sad - there's bound to be a lot about the hawk he had that died.

I've just finished this book - in many ways I found the style irritating, but reminded myself of who the author is! It has increased my concern for Chris for when Scatch goes [Votive]

Regarding "seeing" music, it's like watching moving abstract pictures for me - I put that down to Fantasia and an arty mum who got me to draw while listening to music. I also see numbers as colours, but wonder if that's because of Cuisinaire rods (8 is orange, 9 is black) but there are certainly friendly numbers (2, 6, 4) and unfriendly ones (7,9,3)

Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Helen-Eva
Shipmate
# 15025

- Posted      Profile for Helen-Eva   Email Helen-Eva   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Although I'm not an Aspie, and not (as far as I know) synaesthesic I know a few pieces of music which I feel as "cold", some religious, others not:

Religious
Quem vidistis by Poulenc
A spotless rose; by Herbert Howells

Secular
Vienna by Ultravox

I can't really explain it: they just do - and are none the worse for that.

You are so right about A Spotless Rose - it is definitely cold. Cold cathedral in fact. I'm a synaesthete mainly music in colours (colours for notes - the weird thing is I see the colour more dominantly than I hear the note so that if I am trying to pick out a note I will look for the colour rather than try to hear the pitch.) I also have colours for letters, days, numbers. Sometimes other senses get involved too: my mother's fax machine used to beep raspberry flavoured...

On other matters I totally agree with Jacobsen that we need an Neurodiversity board. Waving is great for support for mental health problems that may (or may not) stem from ASD but something about different brain wiring that isn't particularly an illness would be very welcome.

--------------------
I thought the radio 3 announcer said "Weber" but it turned out to be Webern. Story of my life.

Posts: 637 | From: London, hopefully in a theatre or concert hall, more likely at work | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Helen-Eva
Shipmate
# 15025

quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
I figured it was just one of those things.

I think I saw an update that the host in question was feeling a little better at the moment so I hope you will follow up - it would be good to see you in the world of Waving.

--------------------

Helen-Eva
Shipmate
# 15025

[Sorry for the triple post - there's just too much I want to respond to and more than one quote in a post is beyond my wrongly-wired brain.]

quote:

'Don't look at me in that tone of voice! It smells a funny colour!'

IJ

Yep - get that. I would like to offer:

"When I have to sing in Litchfield where the organ is a quarter tone sharp all the colours of the notes taste of lemongrass (which I hate)."

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
That's the first I've heard of music having a temperature. Could you give some examples, Balaam?

Very sparse music, with little harmonisation feels cold, richly harmonised music is hot. But there are exceptions, it is not as simple as that.

Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights starts off cold but warms up in the chorus.
Ultravox's Vienna, mentioned above, is cold, with a warmth below the surface that comes through when the tempo picks up.

I like music where there is a change of temperature (Which explains my love of King Crimson).

What I can't stand are hymn tunes where the original melody is plainsong, but has been fully harmonised to include thirds: Like eating warm ice cream, the temperature is just wrong.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
Originally posted by Helen-Eva:
[Sorry for the triple post - there's just too much I want to respond to and more than one quote in a post is beyond my wrongly-wired brain.]

How can a brain that can lead to different, sometimes unique, insights be wrongly wired? I prefer differently.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Certainly interestingly wired. In addition to seeing music, there are certain temperatures that I can smell.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do any of you detect or reflect on others' emotional content? See, taste, physically feel? Also wonder about physical pain.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Helen-Eva
Shipmate
# 15025

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
Do any of you detect or reflect on others' emotional content? See, taste, physically feel? Also wonder about physical pain.

Physical pain definitely has colours. That's probably partly why I get confused when doctors ask me to describe pain as the descriptions I can come up with don't make any sense to anyone else!

[Edited to correct absent apostrophe - continuing absence of apostrophe would have been NOT ACCEPTABLE.]

[ 03. November 2017, 13:27: Message edited by: Helen-Eva ]

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have 2 major health projects underway in my consultancy. One is what they are starting to call "central sensitivity" which means that certain types and durations of pain change the nervous system both at nerve endings and in the the brain stem (nonconscious) up to the cortex (conscious parts of brain). Sample link, unfortunately in techno-speak. We actually see some of these "autistic" types of pain descriptions. Although the link suggests an inherited component, we've been thinking that people can be "pushed" by life experience in the direction of. Hence a continuum versus have it or you do not.

A related project is neuro-feedback training for autism, which isn't my project, spun off by pediatrics and neuropsychology.

Unrelated to this, the CBC drama "X Company" features a synthesia-capable spy behind enemy lines in Nazi Germany. It is broadcast this fall in the UK. We really enjoyed it in its run here.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

I don't have synesthesia, but I absolutely understand the descriptions people have.

I know I visualise things - ideas - in ways that only make sense to me. I can understand how others interpret sensations in different ways. And yes, it makes sense to me. I can appreciate how music can be cold or warm, despite the fact that I don't experience these.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by daisydaisy:
I also see numbers as colours, but wonder if that's because of Cuisinaire rods (8 is orange, 9 is black) but there are certainly friendly numbers (2, 6, 4) and unfriendly ones (7,9,3)

I put my colored letters down to possibly having had a printed book with letters in colors, until I realized that in those days, it would have been incredibly expensive to print, and also nobody in their right mind would have used such a preponderance of red and orange.

You might consider the color distribution of Cuisinaire rods and see if anything similar applies (e.g. all the colors but one are cold, or some other thing conscious design would just never do). Or just google the set (?) and see if it matches with your current color pairings.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

Does reciting Pi as poetry fit here? It is both poetical and musical with some very cute sequences of numbers I am told.
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
Does reciting Pi as poetry fit here? It is both poetical and musical with some very cute sequences of numbers I am told.

It's infinite and non-recurring so every possible sequence occurs at some point. Like the entire Ship archive in binary coded decimal. Encrypted with any conceivable key and plain text. And translated into Cornish. Or so I understand.

--------------------

Aravis
Shipmate
# 13824

- Posted      Profile for Aravis   Email Aravis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Helen Eva!
How do your musical colours fit with different note names? For example, are G sharp and A flat the same colour? Or is it more a colour palette for a certain key?
My colours/notes do some interesting stuff but they aren't completely consistent.
I can tell my choir is going flat because all the colours start to get colder and a bit muddy and then they just go weird. I find it very difficult to read music in the wrong key when singing as I have to transpose in my head.

Posts: 689 | From: S Wales | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016