homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Young, scrappy, and hungry— the 2018 Yankeevania thread. (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Young, scrappy, and hungry— the 2018 Yankeevania thread.
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's rather more "interesting" than I'd like!
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
... It should be 80 on Monday ...

[Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:

quote:
... It should be 80 on Monday ...

[Eek!] [Eek!]
[Yipee] [Big Grin]

I'm sure it'll get cold again. [Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there a Super Bowl thread, I wonder? - Coz I just watched all the Super Bowl ads on the WaPo website, and feel all Americanised now! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Is there a Super Bowl thread, I wonder? - Coz I just watched all the Super Bowl ads on the WaPo website, and feel all Americanised now! [Big Grin]

There's a Super Bowl thread in the Circus. Or should that be Superb Owl?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you very much, I hadn't seen that one, for some reason!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am weak. I am shameful.

It's been so hot lately. (Wasn't I just complaining about the frigid weather recently?) The AC is on. It's not even half-way through February. I remember the good old days when I felt disgusted with myself for putting the AC on in June. Then it was May. Next thing you know, it will be on all year long.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It might, if climate change continues at this rate.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

That's what I'm afraid of, Rossweisse! Of course, my place might be under water then, so a moot point. [Eek!]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't feel guilty, JJ - if you need air-con, you need it.

Because of the way the heating works in our new house, I frequently find myself turning on the ceiling-fan in our bedroom when I'm drying my hair, as it's just too warm (although in fairness that may be my age) ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We were driving through Falls Church, VA this evening and saw a restaurant sign. It said:
Pho - Grill
Burrito Bowls

Only in America!

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
...Burrito Bowls ...

In case you need help with appetite suppression...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Adam Rippon men's figure skating. I just love him, his breath taking skating, and the classy way he represents America and gay athletes.

[Overused]

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
4 hours in and the New Orleans Mardi Gras parade is still going. I give in. I'm taking my beads and heading to a restaurant for lunch (gumbo?). What an experience. And what a city.

[ 13. February 2018, 18:16: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my. 16:20 and it's still going. Did not realise it was an all day parade.

In the French Quarter some unimpressed Christians were holding up signs about hell and repenting.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:
... In the French Quarter some unimpressed Christians were holding up signs about hell and repenting.

Couldn't they have waited until tomorrow? [Devil]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

We had a sedate Anglican Shrove Tuesday dinner of pancakes, bacon, and berries. (I don't think I'm up to a New Orleans-style Mardi Gras.)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

jedijudy

# 333

The Clydesdales are in town this week!!! I hope to go see them, but think I'll be in opposite sides of town from them about every day.

Yes, I'm trying to up my post count. Why do you ask? [Razz]

(Five more!)

[ 19. February 2018, 17:26: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here in the Phoenix area we're having what my cousin Elizabeth of blessed memory (first cousin twice removed) would have called a "funny day." Chilly. Sunny this morning but it clouded over and rained just as the gardeners were mowing the lawn. They packed up and went home, and of course the sun came out. Periods of sun and clouds. Very windy. Glad to be indoors watching it all out the window.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
Here in the Phoenix area we're having what my cousin Elizabeth of blessed memory (first cousin twice removed) would have called a "funny day." Chilly. Sunny this morning but it clouded over and rained just as the gardeners were mowing the lawn. They packed up and went home, and of course the sun came out. Periods of sun and clouds. Very windy. Glad to be indoors watching it all out the window.

You must have had all the rain (what there was of it) on your side of town. No rain here, nor in downtown Phoenix where I spent most of the morning. But we're sure getting the wind right now.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The Clydesdales are in town this week!!! I hope to go see them, but think I'll be in opposite sides of town from them about every day.

When we lived in New Hampshire, the Clydesdale stables were about ten miles from us. We used to go and see them regularly.

AFAIK there are several Clydesdale stables around the country, which is why they can appear in so many places.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Yes, although we like to think that the Best Stables are in St. Louis, where The Brewery is located. (Tradition, you know.)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

jedijudy

# 333

Over forty years ago, we would take a rare trip to Busch Gardens in Tampa. My favorite thing to do was to go to the Clydesdale stables there. They are such magnificent animals!!

This was such a long time ago. I remember that there were little kiosks scattered over the grounds where they would give folks a plastic cup of beer. For free! I've never been a beer drinker. shudder Tastes like bear sweat. I did wish they would have given out free water at those same kiosks.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Judy, when I was about, Sydney had 6:00 pm closing of pub bars. There used to be a mad rush of workers to get the last few schooners in. Dad would take us on occasions to large shopping centre to cash his pay check at a big store and we had to walk oast one such pub.

The smell was disgusting and turned me off thinking about beer for many years. Dad did not drink it so I did not see it at home. Many, many years down the track, my sons , introduced me to good beer, much from small boutique breweries. Much to my surprise I liked it and while I never touch Fostersw or XXXX, I even buy good beer for my pantry. One stubby on a hot afternoon is a wonderful pick-me-up.

As to bear sweat, I know nothing about that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I once almost got trampled to death by Clydesdales. I was walking through a narrow alley on the edge of the Ohio State Fair when I heard a great noise and saw the whole Budweiser bunch bearing down on me. I flattened myself face first against the wall and saw the driver laughing at me as they passed by. In spite of the fear factor it was a thrill to be so close to those big hairy hooves. Beautiful things.
jedijudy

# 333

Twilight, that sounds terrifying!!! [Eek!] They're certainly beautiful animals, but they are huge!

Loth, when I was in Hood River, Oregon with my BFF and her son, we went to a beer tasting. My BFF doesn't drink at all, so her son, E, and I did the tasting, with me taking the first sip of each of the many (15? 16?) samples. If I liked it, I would put it to the side to finish later. If it tasted like bear sweat, I'd give it to E and he'd finish it for me!

These were all from small, local breweries, which was fun thinking about people putting their hearts and souls into something they were passionate about! There were actually a few that I didn't dislike! They were almost wine-like!

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

jedijud, I'm really curious about how you know what bear sweat tastes like. I'm happy to say I've never tasted it.

--------------------
~Tortuf

jedijudy

# 333

Ahh, some things are too terrible to share, even among those of us who are such great friends! [Biased]

Before I was diagnosed with asthma, I had to go to the hospital ER to have nebulizer treatments when I was a teen. Alas. That also tasted like bear sweat. [Waterworks]

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
jedijud, I'm really curious about how you know what bear sweat tastes like. I'm happy to say I've never tasted it.

Newcastle ale (as sold in the US). That's the taste of bear sweat. When I consider that's what too many Americans believe English brown ale is about... [Projectile]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ahh, some things are too terrible to share, even among those of us who are such great friends! [Biased]

Before I was diagnosed with asthma, I had to go to the hospital ER to have nebulizer treatments when I was a teen. Alas. That also tasted like bear sweat. [Waterworks]

Maybe they should just put beer in the nebulizer? [Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Maybe they should just put beer in the nebulizer? [Biased]

I think that's what it was!!!! [Big Grin]

Oh, a productive day this morning...and I don't have to lift too many fingers! Lawn was mowed this morning by the three efficient guys I tried out last month. Now my piano is being tuned!!! Yay! [Yipee] All my fingers have to do is to pay these gentlemen!

There's nothing like playing a freshly tuned piano! [Axe murder]

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amen! Piano studio at the community college where I'm taking lessons is giving their midterm recital next Saturday. I'll be playing two Scarlatti sonatas: K27 in B minor and K380 in E major. Freshly tuned (I hope) Steinway grand.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Amen! Piano studio at the community college where I'm taking lessons is giving their midterm recital next Saturday. I'll be playing two Scarlatti sonatas: K27 in B minor and K380 in E major. Freshly tuned (I hope) Steinway grand.

I'm so disappointed that I can't be there.
[Frown]

--------------------
~Tortuf

jedijudy

# 333

Break a leg, Miss Amanda! Good for you! [Smile]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Toi toi toi, Miss Amanda! (It's the operatic equivalent of "Break a leg," and it's supposed to be the sound of spitting three times. Theater people are gross sometimes.)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
it's supposed to be the sound of spitting

I like patooey myself -- or ptui.

BTW -- I decided I'm only going to play the B minor Scarlatti. It's a little over five minutes, and that's plenty long for them to hear me. Others in the studio can regale them with longer works -- there's a boy who I think is going to play the Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2. And believe me, he plays it better than Liszt himself did!

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
I like patooey myself -- or ptui. ...

It's opera, darling. We do everything in our own special way.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
quote:
I like patooey myself -- or ptui. ...

It's opera, darling. We do everything in our own special way.
It looks like I'll have to drag Miss Amanda to the opera one of these days.

(Seriously, let me know if you're interested.)

--------------------
~Tortuf

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

At the risk of spawning a new thread . . .

I don't dislike opera, but I feel it's a rich folks' pastime. The last opera I attended was Madama Butterfly, and that was for a class assignment last year. Loved it, but I paid $80 for a seat in the back row of the balcony. Fortunately I could move up closer at intermission -- it wasn't sold out. But $80 buys me two weeks' worth of groceries (almost).

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The opera and ballet I have seen recently I've paid £6-£13 for tickets in the Gods, at the Royal Opera House or Coliseum (ENO), or for as cheap return tickets through a returns site, where I can end up in amazing seats.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Opera combines all of the arts, and needs people skilled in them: musicians (singers and instrumentalists), dancers, artists and artisans (for designing and building sets and costumes), and people to make it all run. It's a very expensive business, and that's why tickets (whose prices rarely cover their real cost) are expensive.

There are usually special offers and other ways to see things, though.

Believe me, if were for rich people only, I would know very few operagoers. But I know many of them.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We paid £26 each for good Upper Circle seats for La Forza del Destino in Cardiff last week - a top-notch performance. The most expensive seats were £48, don't know what the cheapest ones were. Very different to Covent Garden! The lead tenor was outstanding. In the summer we saw Rosenkavalier and it was one of the greatest opera performances I've ever seen.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

I used to visit the opera when I lived in Sin City (Sydney). And I am definitely downstairs.

May I just say how polite you Americans are? Through all my travels people just couldn't do enough for me. I know serving staff rely on tips, but I had plenty of conversations with them, they assisted me with any questions I had (come here to a restaurant and get a I can't be arsed attitude), and those I met wanted to know all about me - even people in airports. And commiserated with one poor waitress after the most entitled people I have ever seen left. She seemed to appreciate the solidarity.

And the Southern accents. Oh my. I hope she was not offended but on leaving a plane I complimented a flight attendant, saying she had the best accent I had ever heard. Amazing.

I did not get used to being called Sir all the time (my socialist tendencies...), but when in Rome... I have fond memories, and many are of the people I met. So generous. And genuine.

You may have a crap President (another question I got asked on, my thoughts...I got theirs before I replied!) but your wonderfulness remains.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Thank you, kind sir.

Three years ago I studied Spanish for two weeks in Mexico City. One young man in the class was from Perth, Australia. I didn't detect an accent on his Spanish, but oh, wasn't his English heavenly! I loved speaking with him on those occasions when we felt like resorting to English.

I know that here in Arizona, as an expat New Yorker, I love to hear the New York accent on someone's voice. Instant flashbacks of nostalgia.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I had to post so we could get the Yankeevania thread to three pages!!

My orchids are blooming! They make me happy. It makes me happy that they all don't just die!

[Smile]

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine too!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Mine died. I'm glad yours are flourishing!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They sit on a ledge right above the sink and dishwasher.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have two orchids on the bathroom windowsill, one is coming into the flower the other has just finished.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Amanda--

quote:
At the risk of spawning a new thread . . .

I don't dislike opera, but I feel it's a rich folks' pastime. The last opera I attended was Madama Butterfly, and that was for a class assignment last year. Loved it, but I paid $80 for a seat in the back row of the balcony. Fortunately I could move up closer at intermission -- it wasn't sold out. But $80 buys me two weeks' worth of groceries (almost).

Yeah, such things are usually out of my budget range, too. Some alternatives:

--PBS television. The "Great Performances" series sometimes has opera. Might be available at the PBS site, too.

--DVDs or tapes from the library.

--Online. Probably YouTube and lots of other places.

--Matinee performances are usually cheaper.

--Sometimes, concert halls and theatres will let people usher, in exchange for free admittance.

--Colleges sometimes do opera productions, and should be much cheaper than professional opera. I don't think high schools usually do opera, unless maybe an arts magnet school. But worth checking.

If you're new to opera, I'd recommend some Gilbert & Sullivan light opera, like "Pirates of Penzance". Great fun. Also the two Figaro operas--IIRC, one by Mozart and one by Puccini.

FWIW, YMMV.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Another option is The Met: Live in Hd, which is shown in movie theatres. I know there are venues on my side of town, and I assume there is at least one over by you. They’re live broadcasts on Saturdays, usually repeated a weekday evening.

Golden Key, there’s really only one Opera company in these parts -- Arizona Opera -- which does five operas a year. They do a weekend of two performances in Tucson and a weekend of three performances in Phoenix for each opera. In Phoenix it’s Friday evening, Saturday evening, and Sunday matinee -- and the Sunday matinee is the most popular and, I believe, a bit more expensive.

As far as the Figaro operas, “Barber of Seville” (Rossini, not Puccini) is being performed next weekend (March 9,10,11), and “Marriage of Figaro” will be in April of 2019.

Symphony Hall, where AZ Opera performs in Phoenix, does have volunteer ushers, but I think they expect you to usher for a variety of concerts, and I don’t know how much choice you have.

Our local university does have an opera company, but I think the quality of the performances has gone down in recent years. Also, one has to deal with students texting throughout the performance, families there only to see ”their” person and talking when “their” person isn’t on, etc. (I had a rather heated exchange with someone about that one a few months ago.)

Miss Amanda, I'll let you know of any good deals I may hear about.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016