homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Last Minute Shipmeet

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Last Minute Shipmeet
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quizmaster, Traveller, Atlanta and I managed to fit in a cheeky little Shipmeet, this afternoon, in a very warm, cosy cafe in West Devon. Will this get the record for the very last Meet of the Olde Shippe before the Great Relaunch begins, or will somewhere else beat us to the Honoured Title??

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh, that sounds like a Challenge! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, who's in the Oxford area? -(UK)

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
it wouldn't take me long to pop round to SCZ and Derf's house

whats the minimum attendance to be classed as a meet?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
OK, who's in the Oxford area? -(UK)

I am!
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We've probably got till the end of the month viz the New Ship thread on Styx. Next weekend's out, but I could do a weekday evening.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I could do Oxford itself of an evening...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
it wouldn't take me long to pop round to SCZ and Derf's house

whats the minimum attendance to be classed as a meet?

It should be just two, in which case D. and I have one going on all the time (even though he doesn't post that much these days).

I suppose our nearest Shippie neighbour is Caissa, but Canada is rather large, and even getting from one city to another in the same province can take a couple of hours ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As it happens, I'm back in Oxford next week (Tue to Sun). I have plans pretty much every evening, but one of those plans is a shipmeet! I know it's a bit of a hike, but I'd like to encourage Oxford shippies who are free down to the Absent Friends meet in London on Friday 24th. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are there any other Shippies in NB, Piglet? Last time I was at the Cathedral was for the closing service of Choir School last year.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
I could do Oxford itself of an evening...

As could I (well, we do sort of come as a pair [Razz] ). Not going to get to the Absent Friends meet unfortunately. Sandemaniac is likely to be in work till 6 or 7 that evening, and Fridays are a ringing night for me (and given the slips I was making in the QP on Sunday morning, I need to practise!).

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not far from Oxford. Watching.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Absent Friends Meet is on Saturday 24 February!

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
The Absent Friends Meet is on Saturday 24 February!

When I first started the thread I thought it might have launched by then, but the Absent Friends is getting closer by the minute....

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Caissa:
Are there any other Shippies in NB, Piglet? Last time I was at the Cathedral was for the closing service of Choir School last year.

I'm honestly not sure. Isn't it just the way it would happen that the one Sunday I bunked off* would be the day you were there?

* As I recall, the temperature was nudging 30° that day, and as I didn't need to be at Evensong the lure of the air-conditioning at Château Piglet was too strong. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was incredibly hot that day. Our youngest son has been attending Choir School since he was 10.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016