homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » 2018, let us be thankful (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: 2018, let us be thankful
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am grateful for my wonderful grandchildren. Eldest celebrates his nineteenth birhday today.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the moment I'm thankful that this weather-bomb hasn't put the power out ...

... yet. [Paranoid]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am grateful for the friendliness of strangers. See something they are doing via their web page I like and which could help me at work; ask about it; they come back offering to help and more. People are good.
Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] raying [Votive] we wer in the scurc

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am utterly thankful for a new GP who treats me like an adult. It feels like we're getting to the truth of what is going on with me rather than being dismissed with "not trying hard enough with diet/exercise."

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That sounds like very good news, Japes - hope he/she can get to the root of your problem and be able to put it right.

[Votive]

My own thankfulness today is for the power not going off during the storm we had yesterday, and for the neighbour who attacked our driveway with his snow-blower this morning.

[Overused]

[ 05. January 2018, 21:39: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I too am thankful for good neighbours. Arthritis in shoulders makes it hard to hoist bags from kitchen bin into bins downstairs. I am often helped by someone in car park who sees me moving to bin room. Aas I was this morning. I do not remember seeing this person before but she said she was an owner not a tenant. There have been a few sales lately so perhaps she has just arrived.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm thankful for my new cat, Oreo. See the pet thread for details.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I want in the curch tomorow,

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am thankful for three things which went right professionally, all on the same day! Two where bad news turned unexpectedly into good news, and one firming up a contract. Very cheering. [Axe murder]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Things going right professionally are always a Good Thing. [Smile]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and i fisne and it was beeg

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] rursy [Votive] praying [Votive] and I wash in the church and they dave fur.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] raesing [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I was in the church and it was good.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] radig [Votive] paying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm thankful for the faithful prayers of daisymay and others.

I'm also thankful for the staff of Arriva Trains Wales, who do not regularly feature on my 'praise' list, but who got my 86-year old father across Wales on 3 separate trains, on an unfamiliar journey in cold weather, and who gave him free coffee and newspaper despite him not being booked first class!

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I dood the church tomoro ad I will wilk

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A year ago today our grandson Baby Beaky was fighting for his life in the NICU at St Thomas's hospital, London. I am still thankful for the prayers and support of fellow shipmates back then.

Today we gathered as a family for fizz and cake to celebrate Baby Beaky's 1st birthday.
He faces many sensory and motor challenges but is healthy and happy and we remain hugely thankful that he is in our lives.
[Axe murder]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's a wonderful anniversary for Baby Beaky - and for all of you.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

What lovely news to hear, Mrs Beaky. Happy Birthday to the birthday boy. [Yipee]

Like you, I am grateful here for support with Miss M’s leukaemia and thankful for those who still pray for her and send good wishes.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Happy birthday, Baby Beaky! [Smile] [Axe murder] [Smile]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Baby Beaky and the Beaky family [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday, Baby Beaky!

[Yipee] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I was in the chigish and it was good at 5

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent news, Mrs. B!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I was in the cherch and it was bread and watn.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay baby Beaky [Yipee]

The last few days here have been very hot ( well, for a temperate climate) - at the upper extremes since records were kept.

I have been sick, especially in the afternoons -very grumpy and not able to think straight. It worried me because otherwise I was feeling good. Then, when I was doing my needlework the new lenses in my glasses didn't seem to be helping me focus and I worried that maybe I would have to give it up, after having just re-discovered it.

Finally on Monday morning the reason dawned on me. I take meds which lower my otherwise high blood pressure. The heat was lowering my blood pressure further, so that it was now too low. This had happened for a few days last summer, but then it wasn't so relentlessly hot.

I Googled the Mayo clinic on the symptoms of low BP to confirm my suspicions and they fitted my experience. Then I remembered my GP suggesting I halve the meds on hot days, miraculous healing!

I am so relieved. When confusion is a symptom and you live alone with no one else you can check it out with life can get a bit scary.

Huia

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you God for my wonderful children and for prayers answered for me and my fellow shipmates.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] raying [Votive] a was in he chirch at and it was fine.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

That is good to hear, daisymay.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] praying [Votive] readind [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am thankful when I see you post, daisymay.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Huia, and all who live alone, with all that that entails

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] dang sid in the scutisg and I was good and they also filde ferd and it was food.
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deeply thankful to God for the new start that my forthcoming interim ministry represents

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Best wishes to you and family as all this is worked out.

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zappa [Axe murder]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For you all, for this site.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Zappa [Yipee]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zappa, yes indeed very good news. Can you yet tell us the new appointment?

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good news, Zappa.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] praing [Votive] seding [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Hurrah, Zappa!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great news, Zappa!

---

I am thankful for a good GP. No, an excellent GP. As someone with various maladies real and in the head the fact he lets me go on for 30 minutes when I'm booked in for 10 [sorry to those behind me!] and is always supportive and caring is a wonderful thing.

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am grateful for my lovely granddaughter who turned 12 yesterday. However, she informed me that it is her last year to be nice as she will be a 'horrible'teenager next year! I can't imagine her doing anything to upset me.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our rector reported saying to his own teen daughter, "There is nothing you can do that will make me love you more, and nothing that can make me love you less."

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] add and it was good with reading and woird it the church.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016