homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Welcome Aboard - 2016 & on (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Welcome Aboard - 2016 & on
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back Ohher, if your other account is still extant please drop a note to an admin to have it killed off as we have a thing here about people having two [or more] active accounts.

Thanks. WW - AS Host

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember Foolhearty! Welcome back, Ohher!

[ 01. June 2017, 13:32: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
I remember Foolhearty! Welcome back, Ohher!

I also remember Foolhearty, but welcome back Ohher.

I would second WW's advice to contact Admins if this is a new account. The old needs closing. Of course, if it is just a namechange, no problems.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, I have been in touch with Admins, and got assigned this new name (Oh, her!), which I kind of like and may stick with -- until / unless there's a Name Change Amnesty (if the Ship still has those). Nice to know (I think) some folks still remember Foolhearty.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember too...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another one welcoming Foolhearty back as Ohher

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
romanesque
Shipmate
# 18785

- Posted      Profile for romanesque     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How do. I'm a long time reader of the excellent Mystery Worshipper articles, but hadn't realised there was a forum. So here I am, faithed up and raring to compromise.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LOL Welcome!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome aboard romanesque.

As we say to everyone who joins please acquaint yourself with the Ship's version of the 10 Commandments and the FAQs, both linked at the top of every page. But the major think is that you have fun and enjoy your cruise on the Ocean of Faith.

Welease Woderwick - All Saints Hosts Team.

[ 06. June 2017, 08:00: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome aboard, Romanesque! [Smile]

Piglet, another bit of the AS hosting trio

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A warm welcome from a damp, chilly Sydney.

Lothlorien, following Piglet and WW around the boards.
AS Host

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

aizen
Apprentice
# 18794

- Posted      Profile for aizen   Email aizen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Newbie here. Just trying to find my way around. Hi to all the people here.
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome, Aizen!

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Hi aizen and welcome aboard, please don't forget to salute the quarterdeck on embarkation or disembarkation.

Also please read, mark, learn and inwardly digest the 10 Commandments [Ship version] and the FAQs [linked at the top of every page] as they are full of things that are really useful to know and you have already agreed to abide by them.

And, whatever you do, remember to have fun.

WW - AS Host.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome aboard, aizen and happy sailing! [Smile]

Piglet, another AS host

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Welcome back Piglet.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Smile]

I'm properly back now ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another returned prodigal. I've had a lot of Life Stuff happen in the past couple of years. But happy to be back.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I for one am happy to see you back. I used to enjoy reading of your garden.

[ 23. August 2017, 22:51: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alas, no garden this year -- long, sad story that's too complicated to get into here -- next year maybe, on a small scale.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] for Lutheran Chick!!!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's so good to see you, LutheranChik! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So glad to see you again, LutheranChik!

(Since your PM box is full, I assume lots of people agree! [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

My PM box has,been full forever...I can't seem to access or empty it. I gave up at one point...will try again.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome back, Lutheran Chik! [Smile]

--------------------

WatchingGodWork
Apprentice
# 18866

- Posted      Profile for WatchingGodWork   Author's homepage   Email WatchingGodWork   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm back! I was an active shipmate about 8 or 9 years ago under the name mysticlisa - but that name was attached to an email that no longer exists, and since I married, moved to a new town, and changed work, I'm pretty much a new person. Looking around I'm happy to recognize so many veteran members of the crew!

I am currently reading NT Wright's book Surprised by Hope and noticed an article he wrote for Ship of Fools... excellent article, and a reminder of how much fun and fellowship was to be found here.

I am particularly interested in conversations around the topic of pain. I am writing a book offering the perspective of someone living with the most painful condition known in modern medicine, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. I was diagnosed 3 years ago -- and God has used the pain and losses in my life to teach and transform me. There are so many kinds of pain, and I believe God transforms and redeems it all.

I'm a spiritual director, a contemplative Christian, and find myself constantly looking for the balance point (if there is one) between my legalistic upbringing and the freedom we have in Christ. I look forward to learning and laughing with you all.

--------------------
"I am the cherished object of Divine diligence."

Posts: 7 | From: Cedar Falls IA, USA | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Welcome back. I am sorry to hear of your pain. I have seen one son suffer considerably in excruciating pain for months and months.

You say you joined originally under another name. If you joined again, under a different name, could you please contact the admins to sort out the two memberships?Thanks, I look forward to seeing you participate again.

Lothlorien, AS Host.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome back indeed! [Smile]

Piglet, another AS host

--------------------

magicroundabout
Apprentice
# 18869

- Posted      Profile for magicroundabout   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi. I have a very practical reason for being here, and that will become clear soon, I think.

But I've also been a fan of the Ship for years. So it's great to finally be a member here.

I very much don't define my faith by my denomination but maybe it helps. My journey is Anglican -> Baptist -> Baptistish incarnational/missional thing -> Had Kids And Life Happened -> [Eek!] [Eek!] [Ultra confused] [Ultra confused] [Confused] -> Putting things back together again

Ah, that'll do for now.

Good to be on board!

Posts: 28 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome aboard, Magicroundabout*.

Please take a few minutes to look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links at the top of every page); they'll tell you what's what and who's who. If you have any other questions, the Styx is the place to ask them (or ask a friendly passing host!).

Happy sailing! [Smile]

Piglet, All Saints host

* I've got the tune running through my head now ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Welcome from me too, Magicroundabout.

Lothlorien

AS Host

--------------------

John3000
Apprentice
# 18786

- Posted      Profile for John3000   Email John3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello from me, attending C of E services regularly until I was about 14, and then not at all until some 23 years later.

Many thanks for the welcomes I've had from several people already in the midst of other threads. [Smile]

Posts: 29 | From: England | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome aboard, John3000!

If you take a minute or two to check out the 10 Commandments and FAQ boards (links at the top of the page), they'll tell you what's what and who's who.

Happy sailing! [Smile]

Piglet, All Saints host

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Welcome John3000.

Lothlorien. AS Host

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's been a while, but I thought I'd drop in to say hello to anyone who remembers me and to take a look around.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I certainly remember you, Raptor Eye. A new year and a new start. welcome back.

Lothlorien. AS Host

[ 30. December 2017, 19:35: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Absolutely - welcome back, Raptor Eye! [Smile]

Piglet, another AS host

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you Lothlorien and Piglet.

It's good to be back and to see familiar names.

--------------------

Oinkster
Apprentice
# 18887

- Posted      Profile for Oinkster   Email Oinkster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been here all along, but only recently became OK to post. Somehow I couldn't log in, and my being 'registered' wasn't effective. All in the past now. Looking forward to the Nouveau Bateau.*
[Pearl B4 Swine] Now a happy Oinkster.

*New Boat

--------------------
Oinksters on the half shell... I used to be Pearl B4 Swine, before I lost my identity.

Posts: 1 | From: Penns' Sylvania | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Welcome (back) Oinkster!

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Oinkster:
I've been here all along, but only recently became OK to post. Somehow I couldn't log in, and my being 'registered' wasn't effective. All in the past now. Looking forward to the Nouveau Bateau.*
[Pearl B4 Swine] Now a happy Oinkster.

*New Boat

Good to see you back.

--------------------

Senex
Apprentice
# 18906

- Posted      Profile for Senex     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello.

I found the Ship sometime ago, and followed some discussions. Then last week I decided to sign up.

So here I am.
[Smile]

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome, Senex. Enjoy the voyage.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back Raptor Eye and Oinkster / Pearl B4 Swine

Welcome Senex

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Puzzler
Apprentice
# 18908

- Posted      Profile for Puzzler   Email Puzzler   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Greetings!
After lurking for a while I am boarding the ship.

Not giving too much away; suffice it to say I am actively involved in an Anglican Church which is going through a period of rapid change. Feeling tossed about, with many a conflict, many a doubt.

Posts: 27 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2018  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome aboard, Senex and Puzzler, and welcome back, Oinkster.

Senex and Puzzler, you might like to take a look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links at the top of each page), which will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about the boards and how they work.

Welcome again, and happy sailing! [Smile]

Piglet, All Saints host

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Welcome from another host .

Lothlorien, AS host

--------------------

DiscoUkulele
Apprentice
# 18917

- Posted      Profile for DiscoUkulele   Email DiscoUkulele   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi, everyone! I've been lurking for a bit and finally decided to join.

I'm in the process of joining an Episcopal church. I was raised Southern Baptist, and spent quite some time away from the faith, but I've been feeling myself pulled back. I think this community is exactly what I need as I'm figuring things out. [Smile]

Posts: 1 | From: Austin | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Welcome aboard and welcome to the new Ship tomorrow too.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome MotherFatherInBetween - surely the last member to join here??

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016