homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Seeking the Autism thread

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Seeking the Autism thread
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At least, I understood that there is or has been one. Was its existence simply a figment of my imagination? The search engine hasn't thrown anything up so far.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Was this relatively recently, or are you expecting us to know what's become of a thread from years ago? It would also be handy if you could give us an idea of which board it was on.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The boards are easier to search with google than the board search function.

But I'm still not entirely clear what the thread was about.

It could be this one about Autistic children in church
or this one about adult baptism and autism
or this one about Aspergers and spirituality
or this one about invisible special needs
or this long thread about Apergers, social anxiety etc

or (very likely) none of the above.

--------------------
arse

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd be happy to see another. Though I usually just read them rather than post. Several times.

balaam, your friendly neighborhood aspieman.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've not been on the ship for about a year, and only recall that there had been a thread which talked about disabiities and inclusiveness, in which autism was mentioned. Sorry to be so vague! And thank you, Mr. Cheesey, for those links. Very helpful.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I, for one, am glad to see you, Jacobson. I hope you are keeping well and that you'll pop in again when you can. [Smile]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Also glad to see you, jacobsen. [Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Thank you kindly, all. The links, by the way, were fascinating, though the thread I recall was more recent.

♦Waving to Balaam♦

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Waving back

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

I am suggesting a thread (i.e. starting one) in AS.

Balaam, I too prefer my dinner minus the din. [Smile]

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

And missing Ursula K.Le Guin already.

--------------------

verity
Apprentice
# 18571

- Posted      Profile for verity   Email verity   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
I've not been on the ship for about a year, and only recall that there had been a thread which talked about disabiities and inclusiveness, in which autism was mentioned. Sorry to be so vague! And thank you, Mr. Cheesey, for those links. Very helpful.

i know this reply was months ago, but i've only just seen the thread.

I think the one you mean is
this one - Unusual Request for a Mystery Worship

Posts: 21 | From: Kent | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Thanks, Verity. That wasn't the thread I meant, but it is an extremely interesting one, so I'm glad to have had it pointed out to me.

@the Hosts&Admin jokers who posted the instruction:

Just burbling on while flood control does its stuff - the Hokey Cokey is not an option for those of us with hip replacements. I've no desire to end up in surgery again. Will a gentle waltz do?

--------------------

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016