homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » The Laugh Judgment   » Where is Jesus?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Where is Jesus?
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This joke submitted by KenWritez:

A Sunday school teacher was talking about Jesus to the kids. "Bobby, where is Jesus?" she asked.

"Jesus is in heaven," replied Bobby.

"Very good!" said the teacher.

She then asked a little girl, "Where is Jesus, Emily?"

"Jesus is in my heart!"

The teacher beamed at little Emily and said, "How sweet!"

The teacher now asked Timmy, "Timmy, where is Jesus?"

"Jesus is in my bathroom," he said.

"How do you know, Timmy?" the teacher said.

Timmy replied, "Every morning my dad gets up, bangs on the bathroom door and yells, 'Jesus Christ, are you still in there?'"

[ 05. July 2005, 10:12: Message edited by: Simon ]

Poll information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 145 user(s) have voted.
You can't view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote now     View poll results

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That one hits 'way too close to home for me to judge it properly. It did bring on a big grin though.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, yawn from me.

Perhaps that's because I'm in a house of very quick people. [Big Grin]

[great idea for a competition / board, BTW! I was quite shocked when I thought I selected Eccles to see only three threads!]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ian, you may just as well have written my ENTIRE post for me as I agree with everything you have just written! How's that for religious agreement brought on by a tired joke!

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Foolhearty
Shipmate
# 6196

- Posted      Profile for Foolhearty   Email Foolhearty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Found this joke quite funny -- it's new to me.

This joke plays on the concrete thinking of children (one wonders if a child might find it offensive on that account).

I don't find it offensive, though a figurative reading of the father's question might be frowned upon by anyone not wanting to take the Lord's name in vain.

--------------------
Fear doesn't empty tomorrow of its perils; it empties today of its power.

Posts: 2301 | From: Upper right-hand corner | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The punchline was too predictable.

Anyone who has danced/clutched themselves/otherwise been frantic outside the door of the only bathroom in a house with lots of people (especially teens) will identify a bit too much with the swearing father.

Anyone who has only experienced the luxury of multiple bathrooms won't truly comprehend why this situation justified swearing.

Nope. Loser joke.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not funny, not offensive. The whole kid taking a parent's swearing literally thing is totally [Snore]
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe I have a fairly high tolerance for the blasphemous and a low tolerance for bad jokes...

C

--------------------
arse

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What Cheesy said goes for me too.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And here, too.

Isn't the point of The Laugh Judgement that some religious jokes are commented and voted on?

Please may we have some jokes so that we can get started?

Many thanks.

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps adding "It's the way I tell 'em!" would help?

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Glimmer

Ship's Lantern
# 4540

- Posted      Profile for Glimmer   Author's homepage   Email Glimmer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Snore]

--------------------
The original, unchanged 4540.
The Temple area, Ankh Morpork

Posts: 1749 | From: Ankh Morpork, Dorset | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Back-to-Front:
Please may we have some jokes so that we can get started?

Do you have any decent ones? Send 'em in!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Newman's Own
Shipmate
# 420

- Posted      Profile for Newman's Own     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think this joke was old when Rome was young. I suppose I don't find it especially funny because it's so tired.

--------------------
Cheers,
Elizabeth
“History as Revelation is seldom very revealing, and histories of holiness are full of holes.” - Dermot Quinn

Posts: 6740 | From: Library or pub | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sylver
Apprentice
# 9735

- Posted      Profile for Sylver   Author's homepage   Email Sylver   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that this one was cute, not really funny, but enough to make me smile.
Not offensive, not hysterical, but cute.

[Votive]

Posts: 2 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It got a grunt from me. Prolly because I remember hearing it 30 odd years ago when I laughed. 'Jesus Christ' was considered naughty then, so it had that going for it.
Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Orb

Eye eye Cap'n!
# 3256

- Posted      Profile for Orb   Author's homepage   Email Orb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not funny or offensive because there's no subtlety in the way it's phrased.

--------------------
“You cannot buy the revolution. You cannot make the revolution. You can only be the revolution. It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.” Ursula K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed

Posts: 5032 | From: Easton, Bristol | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016