homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Auctions   » 95: Bid here!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: 95: Bid here!
Ninety-five
unregistered

- Posted            Edit/delete post 
Membership number: 95
Catalogue entry: click here

[ 18. August 2005, 10:17: Message edited by: Auctioneer ]

IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ladies and gentlemen... what am I bid for Lot 5, a unique membership number, with its fabulous associations with Bill Gates and Martin Luther. Let's start the bidding at $20. Would someone like to start us off?
Anselm
Shipmate
# 4499

- Posted      Profile for Anselm   Email Anselm   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$20.00

--------------------
carpe diem domini
...seize the day to play dominoes?

Posts: 2544 | From: The Scriptorium | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post 
$25

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$26

--------------------
"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world." Georgia Elma Harkness

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll pin my first bid up at $30.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dee.
Ship's Theological Acrobat
# 5681

- Posted      Profile for Dee.   Email Dee.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$40 [Smile]

--------------------
Jesus - nice bloke, bit religious

Posts: 2679 | From: Under Downunder | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$60

If I get the number, I will claim it for the Counter-Reformation and call myself Paul III with a "Council of Trent" avatar - or something like that. Try and outbid me, you heretic Lutheran weaklings... [Razz]

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just for that IngoB, $70.
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$80 say Exsurge Domine had it right all along. [Cool]

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

Well, you leave me no choice.

I nail my bid for $95 on IngoB's forehead.

IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

$100 then to Inquisitor Fr Dr Johann Tetzel, OP, to buy the indulgence that finally gets Martin Luther out of purgatory! It will buy a golden candle stand for Gian Lorenzo Bernini's The Triumph of the Chair of Saint Peter at St Peter's Basilica... [Two face]

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

Nails another $10 on BIngo's head, bringing the bid up to $110.
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tightly rolls up $120, sets it on fire and lights his cigar with it.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

$121
JonathanHunt
Apprentice
# 9495

- Posted      Profile for JonathanHunt   Author's homepage   Email JonathanHunt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$122

If only the number 1689 was going...

--------------------
Jonathan Hunt

Posts: 17 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And the newbie comes out of nowhere! Good going!

All funds collected on winning bids go to support the Ship. Whether or not there is any benefit to your soul in the afterlife, we don't care to speculate. But it can't hurt!

Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post 
$123

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sinistærial
Ship's Lefty
# 5834

- Posted      Profile for Sinistærial   Author's homepage   Email Sinistærial   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sinisterial boldly nails $125 onto the door of the cathedral

--------------------
People laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at other people because they are all the same.
æ = æ

Posts: 894 | From: The Holy City - Adelaide | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

$130

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

<hammer falls>

The winning bid on this thread was for $130 by Amazing Grace. You can make your payment on this page...

http://shipoffools.com/Products/auctions/cc_payment.html

Please note your Lot number (5) as you'll need to enter it into the payment form. Thanks for supporting the ship! If you wish to transfer your board identity to this number, please post on the Winners! thread and we'll arrange your move in the next seven days.

And thanks to everyone else who took part in bidding on this thread. If you'd like to give to the Organ Fund anyway, here's the link...

http://shipoffools.com/Organ/options.html

Thanks!

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016