homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Auctions   » 66: Bid here!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: 66: Bid here!
Sixty-six
unregistered

- Posted            Edit/delete post 
Membership number: 66
Catalogue entry: click here

[ 18. August 2005, 10:15: Message edited by: Auctioneer ]

IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lot 4... membership number 66. A highly desirable, low number, with that sexy 6-6 factor. We begin the bidding at $25. Would someone like to start us off? Do I hear $25?
Anselm
Shipmate
# 4499

- Posted      Profile for Anselm   Email Anselm   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$25

--------------------
carpe diem domini
...seize the day to play dominoes?

Posts: 2544 | From: The Scriptorium | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post 
$30

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Look's like Sine's prepared to do whatever it takes for 21.

Ah well.

$35

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy*

Jedi defender of ship's cats
# 1059

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy*   Email jedijudy*       Edit/delete post 
$36

--------------------
ENFP...do you see a "T" anywhere??? I don't think so.

Posts: 3248 | From: Soon to be inhabiting identity # 333!!! | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$40

--------------------

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$41 [Razz]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pânts*

Ship's underwear
# 4487

- Posted      Profile for Pânts*   Author's homepage   Email Pânts*       Edit/delete post 
$45 [Yipee]

--------------------
I'm not here any more. Dial 999 to get me. (No. Please don't really. Bit you could PM me on my new number cos I never get PMs!)

Posts: 8380 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$50. And why not.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I gotta bid $66 for that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Sorry to disrupt such a perfect bid, but....

$70

--------------------

Pânts*

Ship's underwear
# 4487

- Posted      Profile for Pânts*   Author's homepage   Email Pânts*       Edit/delete post 
I never did understand exchange rates... $72 is only about the price of a pint, right?

--------------------
I'm not here any more. Dial 999 to get me. (No. Please don't really. Bit you could PM me on my new number cos I never get PMs!)

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

A pint of good scotch maybe....

$75

--------------------

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aged for over four years, and worth more than a pint of good scotch--mostly because it will last a whole lot longer--this double-digit number is still bidding in the double digits.

Is there any shipmate willing to give $80. All proceeds will go toward supporting the Ship, not for the hosts' next drunken spree.

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$80

[Foreplay should be long and drawn out]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Dratted Auctioneer.

$81

[Biased]

--------------------

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

Mad Geo: [Big Grin]

As you know, it's all for a good cause. Bandwidth does not grow on trees!

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Yes, Yes.

$82

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$85

[$82 is too cheap for this number... Use some of the money you save by reading books in the shop, madge [Snigger] ]

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

May a pirahna eat your giblets. [Biased]

A fine vintage,

$86

(the year I graduated from Academy).

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

$87
[C'mon m_g, loosen those purse strings, or I will have to steal it off you... high rollers on the last day forbearing (though I hope they don't). Think of all that money saved by downloading music! [Snigger] ]

Pânts*

Ship's underwear
# 4487

Hmmm... lots of alcohol, or a virtual number... I must be insane. $88

--------------------

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Ah another fine vintage:

$91

Graduated from the Geology School for the Insane.

--------------------

The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Geo:
Ah another fine vintage:

$91

Graduated from the Geology School for the Insane.

Harumph to your Geology School for the Insane!

My first elementary school and junior high school were on Bypass US Rte. 66. My parent's former home was only a mile off of this highway.

(Considering that Bypass Rte. 66 was replaced by I-270 in metro St. Louis, and my other elementary school's back property line is on I-270, I can run a perfect score on this one from Kindergarten through Ninth Grade.)

The University of Missouri-Rolla, from where I earned by bachelor's degree and has a much better Geology department than any other in the USA, was on US Rte. 66.

There is another reason why a proud graduate of UMR has to protect the honor of Route 66.

$100

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Route 66? PAH!

An antiquated highway for an antiquated bid.

$101

--------------------

Presleyterian
Shipmate
# 1915

- Posted      Profile for Presleyterian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mad Geo's scurrilous libel of Route 66 -- I drove the whole way from Lake Shore Drive in Chicago to the beach at Santa Monica in a red Camaro convertible back in '97 -- motivates me to enter the fray and bid $125.
Posts: 2450 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Presleyterian:
Mad Geo's scurrilous libel of Route 66 -- I drove the whole way from Lake Shore Drive in Chicago to the beach at Santa Monica in a red Camaro convertible back in '97 -- motivates me to enter the fray and bid $125.

And I bicycled along parts of it as a university student.

$125

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

Bede, your bid needs to be higher than the preceding bid. Presleyterian's $125 stands.

Auctioneer
Auctions Host

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

No, it doesn't.

$126

[Razz]

--------------------

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

quote:
Originally posted by Auctioneer:
Bede, your bid needs to be higher than the preceding bid. Presleyterian's $125 stands.

Auctioneer
Auctions Host

Let's make it $130

--------------------

—Ezekiel 16.49

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

$130 plus 100 cents.

--------------------

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

This double-digit number is still going for an amount well under the amounts for #21, #24, and #37. Perhaps someone dropping out of one of those threads would care to jump in here? Do I hear $135? $140?
Demas*
Shipmate
# 7147

- Posted      Profile for Demas*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$150

--------------------
Hamburger (note beetroot, pineapple, bacon and egg)

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post 
$175.00
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post 
Just to be on the safe side...

$200.00

(Hey, it's what I was going to give anyway.)

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

<hammer falls>

The winning bid on this thread was for $200 by Sine Nomine. You can make your payment on this page...

http://shipoffools.com/Products/auctions/cc_payment.html

Please note your Lot number (4) as you'll need to enter it into the payment form. Thanks for supporting the ship! If you wish to transfer your board identity to this number, please post on the Winners! thread and we'll arrange your move in the next seven days.

And thanks to everyone else who took part in bidding on this thread. If you'd like to give to the Organ Fund anyway, here's the link...

http://shipoffools.com/Organ/options.html

Thanks!

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016