homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » Auctions   » 24: Bid here!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: 24: Bid here!
Twenty-four
unregistered

- Posted            Edit/delete post 
Membership number: 24
Catalogue entry: click here

[ 18. August 2005, 10:10: Message edited by: Auctioneer ]

IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would someone like to open the bidding for Lot 2? An exquisite little membership number, perfect for the arriviste or the long-established board member alike. We start the bidding at $30. Do I hear $30...?
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh go on then. 24 is my "lucky" number and someone has to be humiliated into not affording to be able to keep up, don't feel bad.

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

- Posted      Profile for Auctioneer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is that a bid, Pyx_e? If so, name your price!
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$35 bid

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
$40 bid.

well, it'll be my age next year.

J

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post 
$100.00
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a lower number than Siegfried's.

$125

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post 
$150.00
Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

Somebody make Sine really earn this number, please! We all know he's just going to blow his money on clothes if the Ship doesn't get it.

Do I hear $175?

Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post 
No, but you'll hear $155. [Big Grin]

It's way too early in the process for me to jump $25!

Charlotte

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just can't resist these sad-eyed kittens at the bottom of the pile...

$160

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Will you feel half your age if your membership number is? Stick with 98. You can grow into it over time. Besides you inherited it, remember?

$165.00

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg on the 'Auction introduction and questions' thread:
quote:
Originally posted by Chapelhead:
I'm inclined to think that if consortiumifying is going then it's time to get out - there are limits to my wallet! [Eek!]

I'm not playing games. Yet.

As I already pointed out, I'm just having fun risking some of my son's college tuition money. [Big Grin]

Look at her response, Sine. "Risking" her son's tuition! There's no risking here. She makes it sound as if she's speculating return on investment. I'm telling you there is something fishy going on. Beware jlg, inc.™

$166

[ 25. August 2005, 03:08: Message edited by: Gort ]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Will you feel half your age if your membership number is?

Half my age isn't available, sweetcakes. Is this one perhaps yours?

*beep*!!!

*mumble* *mumble*

... oh crud, I need to come up with an extra dollar if I want to post ... "Excuse me! -- Yes, you! -- What was the latest bid? Oh, Ok, thanks..."

*scrabble*

$168

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You see? The flippant, cavalier tossing of dollars?

Don't say I didn't warn you.

$169

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

I knew there was a reason I didn't give that homeless man any money after church last night. He didn't really look that hungry...

$170.00

Demas*
Shipmate
# 7147

- Posted      Profile for Demas*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have scraped my cupboard bare, and my elderly grandfather will not be getting a Christmas present this year.

I intend to buy this number, then lose interest in the Ship and never post again [Snigger]

$180

--------------------
Hamburger (note beetroot, pineapple, bacon and egg)

iGeek.*

Resident alien
# 3207

- Posted      Profile for iGeek.*   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post 
$200

--------------------
.sig on holiday

Posts: 702 | From: Hot-on-us, TX | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demas*
Shipmate
# 7147

- Posted      Profile for Demas*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh no you don't.

$210

--------------------

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

And #24 is on the move! Not that much time left ... consider your strategy, your pocketbook, and what you can give to the Ship. We very much appreciate it.
iGeek.*

Resident alien
# 3207

- Posted      Profile for iGeek.*   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post 
$224

--------------------
.sig on holiday

Posts: 702 | From: Hot-on-us, TX | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demas*
Shipmate
# 7147

This'll be my last bid, because I have to be somewhere else important.

$250

If you top it, it's yours.

--------------------

Auctioneer

Going... going... gone!
# 12

<hammer falls>

The winning bid on this thread was for $250 by Demas. You can make your payment on this page...

http://shipoffools.com/Products/auctions/cc_payment.html

Please note your Lot number (2) as you'll need to enter it into the payment form. Thanks for supporting the ship! If you wish to transfer your board identity to this number, please post on the Winners! thread and we'll arrange your move in the next seven days.

And thanks to everyone else who took part in bidding on this thread. If you'd like to give to the Organ Fund anyway, here's the link...

http://shipoffools.com/Organ/options.html

Thanks!

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016