homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Things we did   » The Da Vinci Code   » Has your church responded to the sea of DVC queries?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Has your church responded to the sea of DVC queries?
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine has
what do you think ?

Has your church responded to people's questions with a sermon or similar?

Is it a good thing?

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We don't want to waste time in services refuting it...

We did an evening event where we discussed some of the claims made by the film; I did a quiz on fact / fiction.

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
artichoke
Apprentice
# 11470

- Posted      Profile for artichoke   Author's homepage   Email artichoke   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep. We have. I did a talk and a Q and A session and a written response. It went really well and we had quite a few quests coming to Church as a result, so it was well worth doing.

It's all online: www.thecitychurch.org.uk/media.html

Posts: 2 | From: Canterbury Kent | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I noticed that my parish church has a pamphlet on the Code; I'll pick it up next time I'm there, and see where it's from - I suspect from the CCCB or some such.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

- Posted      Profile for Divine Outlaw   Author's homepage   Email Divine Outlaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There really haven't been many. I told one person I didn't find myself loosing any sleep worrying whether Jesus has a 'bloodline', and that was about it!

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

Anselm
Shipmate
# 4499

- Posted      Profile for Anselm   Email Anselm   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We haven't responded to any inquiries.
We are under strict instruction not to talk to outsiders about the bones of Mary and documents hidden under our coffee urn.

...d'oh!

--------------------
carpe diem domini
...seize the day to play dominoes?

Posts: 2544 | From: The Scriptorium | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The only time it has been mentioned is when one of our part-time priests stood up in the pulpit and said, 'Well, I'm not going to preach on the Da Vinci code'. And then proceeded to talk about something completely different.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We are having an evening meeting next Wednesday but I won't be able to attend although I would like to. It seems that generally people aren't particularly bothered about it at all in our church. Most of the Church Council have read and/or seen it.

However, there was a bit of a stir when I said that I watch Big Brother.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016