homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » Ecclesiantics   » Ordinariate Divine Office (North American Ordinariate)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Ordinariate Divine Office (North American Ordinariate)
anglocatholicsquirrel
Apprentice
# 17608

- Posted      Profile for anglocatholicsquirrel   Email anglocatholicsquirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can anyone shed light on the progress on the development of Ordinariate Divine Office for Chair of St. Peter? Jason Edwards, who is an Oblate Candidate of the Benedictine community for the US/Canada Ordinariate, touches on the trial version of the Ordinariate Divine Office in the latest newsletter of the Ordinariate Benedictine Community. Does anyone have more information on the Divine Office Book?

https://stbenetoblates.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/161206-02-final-draft-oblate-newsletter.pdf

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*bump*

Welcome aboard, anglocatholicsquirrel!

Yours is perhaps a rather esoteric question, so it's probably no wonder that you haven't had any response yet. I can't myself help, I'm afraid, being a mainstream Anglican in the UK, but I expect there are one or two Ordinariate members on board somewhere, who might be able to shed some light on the progress of the Ordinariate generally.

Hopefully, bumping this thread may produce an answer from Some Knowledgeable Person. If the book is a 'work in progress' you may simply have to be patient, and wait for it to appear.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Galilit
Shipmate
# 16470

- Posted      Profile for Galilit   Email Galilit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary (ex Community of S.Mary the Virgin who went to the Ordinariate in Jan 2013) are Benedictines and are using that Office. Which I think they learnt at St Cecilia's, Ryde, where they spent some months after leaving the Wantage house.

--------------------
She who does Her Son's will in all things can rely on me to do Hers.

Posts: 624 | From: a Galilee far, far away | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ceremoniar
Shipmate
# 13596

- Posted      Profile for Ceremoniar   Email Ceremoniar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is the last news that I heard. https://ordinariateexpats.wordpress.com/2016/02/10/the-ordinariate-office-a-wonderful-gift-for-lay-people-and-a-hope-for-the- transformation-of-western-culture/
Posts: 1240 | From: U.S. | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
anglocatholicsquirrel
Apprentice
# 17608

- Posted      Profile for anglocatholicsquirrel   Email anglocatholicsquirrel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
@ Bishops Finger

Thank you for your warm welcome! I guess I will have to wait patiently for official announcements regarding the Ordinariate Divine Office from the Personal Ordiariate of the Chair of St Peter.

anglocatholicsquirrel
Apprentice
# 17608

@ Galilit
Thanks for your reply. I will try to contact the Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary regarding the Divine Office.

anglocatholicsquirrel
Apprentice
# 17608

@Ceremoniar
I appreciate you trying to find info on the Ordinariate Divine Office!

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016