homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Football - Euro 2012 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Football - Euro 2012
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have at it!

[ 09. June 2012, 22:13: Message edited by: Imaginary Friend ]

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I hope my Spurs keep all personnel intact. We have a real chance for third, I think.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't think I agree. United will be United, Chelsea will improve on last season, City will get it together, and Liverpool's resurgence will continue. I think there will be a fight in north London for 5th, personally.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You may well be right. We only held on to third for a day or two last season. [Frown]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:
I don't think I agree. United will be United, Chelsea will improve on last season, City will get it together, and Liverpool's resurgence will continue. I think there will be a fight in north London for 5th, personally.

You have serious doubts about Arsenal don't you? I agree, for apart from Wilshere's ability to win the ball as well as use it there isn't much steel in midfield.

If Everton don't actually qualify for Europe this year then I have the awful feeling that David Moyes will follow the money to a bigger job. He won't be happier but he'll collect more cash and trophies. So long as he doesn't go to Chelsea as replacement for this Boy Wonder.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
You have serious doubts about Arsenal don't you?

Yes. How Wenger still has his job is a complete mystery to me, seeing as how they have under-performed for about a decade.

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
So long as [Moys] doesn't go to Chelsea as replacement for this Boy Wonder.

I think two factors probably count against this happening. Firstly, I don't think Moys has quite the international flavor that Roman is looking for. (For the record, I don't mean this as criticism!) Secondly, I get the impression that the top brass at Chelsea recognize that the club is entering a period of renewal. I hope (against hope) that this means they will give Villas-Boas at least two years. If they don't, then I will be mightily pissed off!

--------------------
Brian Clough

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At the other end, it will be:

Wolves
Wigan
Norwich

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Down in this neck of the woods, the discussion is about which of our fixtures the Metropolitan Police will move first. 17th of September is a likely early candidate.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And we've got Steel City derbies for the first time in several years. I think both teams will have a shot at the playoffs, but I'm not getting confident. At least we're not on a financial precipice anymore.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not sure about the Shots.

We OUGHT to be a mid-table League 2 team at best, considering the lack of resources and smallish crowds. BUT... Dean Holdsworth looks to have been a good appointment as manager - someone who can get the best out of players. We've got some interesting signings coming up from non-league football who could be really good. We also have three or four youngsters coming through the youth academy who may turn out to be pretty good. One has even played for Norway's U-18 team.

The first few matches are going to be key. If we start well, I can see us putting in a good run towards the play-offs (I think automatic promotion is utterly unrealistic). But if we start badly, this could become a real struggle to avoid dropping back into the Conference. In many ways, I'd be happy with another season like the last, where we floated in mid-table most of the time.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thankfully Kilmarnock have made a (small) number of signings. There were so many of last year's team who got bought away, or finished their loan deals it was looking like we'd only be good for a 5-a-side tourney

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Barrow for 4th from bottom....again. A little tough to attract north west based players when the sugar daddy at Fleetwood is spending money hand over fist.

Little Chelsea's all over the pyramid. [Frown]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:

Little Chelsea's all over the pyramid. [Frown]

But they mostly drop off sooner or later.

Canvey Island are gone, R&D are gone...

Who else is spending big £ these days?

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Crawley, for a start. They've splashed huge amounts of cash and no-one really knows where it has come from.

Also - Truro City, who are still climbing the non-league ladder very fast. Although I have some regard for what Kevin Heaney is doing there in trying to build a sustainable future, there is no doubt that without his money the club will shatter instantly.

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"New football season already"?
With this thread title I thought you were going to discuss the football world cup commencing on Sunday.
Btw: England are also in it and will play Mexiko coming Monday at 5 p.m.

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Ah yes - you're referring to the women's world cup.

The event that the BBC get worked up about every four years (because they don't get to screen much footie these days) and then as soon as England get knocked out, everyone forgets about women's football again. It's a disgrace.

(by that, I mean the way that the Brits don't take it seriously - not the actual football itself)

--------------------

# 3200

CBC is covering it, so its big news from them. Keep blathering on about how there will be 70000 people for the opening match between Germany and Canada.

Nobody else is talking about it.

When its in this country in 4 years, it will be big news. Of course the stupid sods in this town didn't want any part of it as it might interfere with the Pan Am games. [Roll Eyes] So, Toronto media will ignore it.

--------------------

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And anyway, over here we're right in the middle of Football (i.e., Major League Soccer) season (armored rugby may not even happen this year, if the millionaires and the billionaires can't work something out).

Our Portland Timbers had a really great start for an expansion team, but have developed an unpleasant habit of conceding goals in stoppage time (which might be OK if they weren't also conceding them in the first 5 minutes). They've been playing really well, apart from the only statistic that actually counts...

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

We have women's football coverage here also: may watch a bit...

--------------------

# 3200

Charlie Adam finally to Liverpool...midfield looking a lot better.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

I think that the top 5 or 6 in the Premiership will be interesting this season.

Man Utd are slowly rebuilding and I think that they may find that harder than they anticipate

Chelsea - well who knows what they will be like! Untested manager and ageing squad. Unlikely to subside completely but may be a roller-coaster of a season

Man City - probably the best prospects of all the contenders. Potentially going to be a more settled team. It could be their season - much as it disgusts me to say it.

Arsenal - got a feeling this will be the end of Wenger. Possibly a poor start with him walking by Christmas

Spurs - if they lose Modric to Man U I think that they will start to slip. Unlikely to improve on last season

Liverpool - who knows! With the changes already in place and King Kenny enthroned, they may make a startling leap forward. But I have a sneaking suspicion that once the hype has subsided, it will be clear that they are still 2 or 3 years away from a serious challenge for the top. But I'd put money on them getting into the Champions League.

--------------------

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar the Grouch:
I think that the top 5 or 6 in the Premiership will be interesting this season.

That'll be a first then [Snore]

Strong suspicition that once again the excitement will be at the bottom of the Premiership and the top of the league below. That's where football is at its most competitive.

But, playing along for the crack, my strong suspicion is that the top of the Premiership will be once again fall to ManU with Chelsea and Arsenal squabbling for second place (Chelsea's aging players might have finally got too old) and ManC, Spurs, Liverpool (and perhaps also Newcastle if I trust my heart more than my head) fighting for fourth place but nowhere near good enough to get to third, never mind first.

Maybe it will be better than that, but I doubt it. Surprises are always more fun than predictability. And everyone loves the underdog. It would be great fun if neither ManU nor Chelsea were in the top four. But its unlikely to happen.

[No idea how that partial duplicate post happened - Opera sometimes seems to have a mind of its own - or at any rate some very odd function key assignments - maybe someone could delete it?]

[ 07. July 2011, 13:36: Message edited by: ken ]

--------------------
Ken

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

quote:
Originally posted by ken:
[No idea how that partial duplicate post happened - Opera sometimes seems to have a mind of its own - or at any rate some very odd function key assignments - maybe someone could delete it?]

Sure, no worries. [Smile]

quote:
But, playing along for the crack, my strong suspicion is that the top of the Premiership will be once again fall to ManU with Chelsea and Arsenal squabbling for second place (Chelsea's aging players might have finally got too old)...

No chance: Arsenal are done. They're going to lose some players and gain some players this summer, but the reason for their failure is still present. I think Oscar's prediction is far more likely than this. As for Chelsea, I think it's too early to tell. It depends on how much the playing staff change between now and the start of the season, and how well Villas-Boas does. He is a complete roll of the dice and he could be brilliant, terrible, or anywhere in between.

quote:
...and ManC, Spurs, Liverpool (and perhaps also Newcastle if I trust my heart more than my head) fighting for fourth place but nowhere near good enough to get to third, never mind first.

Spurs and Newcastle won't be anywhere near it. As for City and Liverpool, I stick to what I said near the beginning of the thread.

--------------------
Brian Clough

# 3200

So with all the changes, who's for Division 2 (I still have problems calling it the Championship)?

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Norwich and Swansea have to be hot favorites, don't they? I'm hoping Wigan will join them.

--------------------
Brian Clough

goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar the Grouch:
Arsenal - got a feeling this will be the end of Wenger. Possibly a poor start with him walking by Christmas.

People have said that sort of thing every season for the last four or five years, and every year Arsenal have over-achieved relative to the amount they spend. Last summer people were saying that they didn't have a hope of competing, and the fact they did for a large part of the season was a surprise. Their issue is that they often have a good start, but can't keep it going to the end.

As an Ipswich fan at least I can hope to see a few drummings dished out to the budgies this season. [Devil]

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

quote:
So with all the changes, who's for Division 2 (I still have problems calling it the Championship)?

quote:
Norwich and Swansea have to be hot favorites, don't they? I'm hoping Wigan will join them.

Having seen them all of them play I am convinced that Swansea really did deserve promotion over the other Championship playoff contenders last year. If they can stay as good as they were at the end of last season they ought to be safer than Norwich. QPR were definitely flagging at the end of the season but they were so far ahead they could afford to. I suspect their bigger budget will keep them in the Premiership. It might be another bad year for teams begining with "W".

Going the other way, Birmingham, West Ham, and Leicester (cos of the Sven effect?) have to be the favourites for going up into the Premier. After them the bookies tend to rate Forest, Reading, Middlesborough & Cardiff. Reading & Forest were probably the best of the teams that didn't get promoted last year, and 'Boro seem to be spending money. And I suspect that Blackpool will be trying hard and cannot be written off. Of the relegatees West Ham & Birmingham both have problems that might keep them down.

Last year all three of the teams promoted into the division did well - two of them with pretty much the same squads they got promoted with - and I'd guess that of the teams promoted into the division this year Brighton and Southampton will both do well.

Millwall & Leeds both outside contenders, if they can keep up their long habits of being bloody hard teams to beat, even if they don't always actually score many goals. The two teams have tracked each other for about ten years now, moving up and down in paralel, often being very near each other in the table. Leeds fans hate it cos they think they are a Big Team and Millwall are trashy scum and they really don't like being just the same as us year after year. Of course that might ben they both go down together. But then last year's Championship results (except for the dominance of QPR) were very unlike most people's predictions, so who knows?

As for demotion down to the old third division, Derby and Coventry are unfvaoured. Burnley and Hull both did well last year but its hard to feel confident for them. But the real answer has to be: "Palace? Palace? Who the..."

Declaration of interest - I am from Brighton, many of my Dad's family were Newcastle supporters (or even players), and I have a Millwall season ticket in my wallet right now [Smile] So I am congenitally unable to wish success for Palace, Leeds, or West Ham.

--------------------
Ken

# 3200

quote:

Umm...I was talking about how the division below the EPL was going to go actually but...anyhoo. [Yipee]

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Okay, my apologies. I thought "who's for Division 2" meant who is going to get relegated. But with my Bristolian blinkers on, I think I'll be very upset if Cardiff win promotion. Two Welsh teams in the Prem would be most distressing.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Can I just say, it always has to be the fucking French doesn't it?!

--------------------
Brian Clough

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

I don't know if anyone else has been following it, but the semi finals of the women's world cup were today. The USA knocked out France, and Japan beat Sweden. The final is on Sunday.

--------------------
Brian Clough

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

I've been following. The US-Brazil quarterfinal was a thriller -- US equalized in the 122nd minute to take it to penalties, and won.

I thought France was going to win today. They were completely dominant in midfield, but a couple of substitutions made things look better, and we ended up with a 3-1 win that was much narrower than the scoreline suggests. I didn't see the other game. I will be watching on Sunday.

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love women's football. There's so much less of the bullshit that contaminates the men's game (egregious fouls, diving, etc.) They just play. And most of the time their passing is more accurate. I've never seen anything in men's soccer as perfect as Megan Rapinoe's cross to Abby Wambach in the Brazil game.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What a weekend for P.K.s.

I didn’t actually watch any of the Women’s World Cup. As an American, I am sad that we lost, but it probably is better for the Women’s game in the world when the USA doesn’t win. This was supposed to be the first wide-open Women’s World Cup. If the game is going to continue to grow, you can’t have the same few teams winning all the time.

In the Copa America quarter finals, I was thrilled to see my Uruguay beat Argentina in P.K.s. Probably the cleanest shoot out of the weekend, with only one shot not going in, by virtue of a save. We assumed that my 7 month old nephew was rooting for Argentina, based on the way he cried at the end. It certainly had nothing to do with his dad and uncle jumping around yelling “Goooal!” throughout the shootout. Good thing Mom wasn't there. I would say that Uruguay have to be the favorites going forward. I would even have given them a fair shot to beat Brazil had you asked me on Saturday night. But then...

Then there was the horror that was Brazil in the shootout against Paraguay. Four shots, no goal, only one save needed. There was obviously something wrong with the turf, but the Paraguayans figured out a way to get the ball under control. I have never seen anything quite like that.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Has the Copa America been available in the UK?

I've not seen any adverts on Sky for it. Has ESPN been showing it?

Cause I would have loved to have seen some of the games. They have been very poorly reported in the UK.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been watching on Univision, which I can get on my rabbit ear equipped set. I think they may have an online stream going as well, which you may be able to pick up in the UK. See if you can find it for the pre-game for the final on Sunday. Their pre-game show for international finals typically includes commentary from a fake party on the Univision set, complete with Cumbia band and dancing girls in tight fitting shirts from each team and cut-off shorts gyrating behind the announcer. You aren’t in the Anglo-Saxon world any more. And the game announcers are great. While “GOOOAAALLL!” has gotten plenty of coverage, my favorite is they way they yell “Seeeee laaaa perdiooooooo!” when someone misses a wide-open shot.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

Here is the link for Univision live games if you feel like getting up in the middle of the night. Now you see what football fans in the States have to put up with.

--------------------

South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Southampton! I can but hope... Seriously, I'd be happy with a mid-table finish and for Oxlade-Chaberlain to stay with us at least for another two years. Hands off, Wenger. And I'm not just taking the Southampton perspective; I genuinely think it would be good for O-C to stay with Southampton for a bit longer.

Just look at what happened to Walcott when he moved to Arsenal at such a young age. He was touted as a great hope for English football, wasn't he? Mind you, perhaps Sven should also take a bit of the blame, what with picking Walcott for the 2006 World Cup squad before the poor lad had even made his Premier League debut (if memory serves).

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

quote:
Originally posted by South Coast Kevin:
Just look at what happened to Walcott when he moved to Arsenal at such a young age. He was touted as a great hope for English football, wasn't he? Mind you, perhaps Sven should also take a bit of the blame, what with picking Walcott for the 2006 World Cup squad before the poor lad had even made his Premier League debut (if memory serves).

I'm not sure Sven should have too much of the overall blame there. Picking someone and parking them on the bench for a three week tournament is different from doing it for three seasons. Okay, so I'm using the numbers hyperbolically there, but Walcott wasn't going to be hurt by and early introduction to the England setup. But his career was significantly retarded by not getting many games for the Gunners.

And that's before you account for the fact that he's had Wenger as a coach...

--------------------
Brian Clough

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by South Coast Kevin:

I'm not sure Sven should have too much of the overall blame there. Picking someone and parking them on the bench for a three week tournament is different from doing it for three seasons. Okay, so I'm using the numbers hyperbolically there, but Walcott wasn't going to be hurt by and early introduction to the England setup. But his career was significantly retarded by not getting many games for the Gunners.

And that's before you account for the fact that he's had Wenger as a coach...

He was never going to progress much at Arsenal, couldn't speak French ...

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Modric not going to Chelsea, not at any price. Is he the only one who says all players dream of going there? My side is excellent and under the tutelage of Mr. Redknapp could possibly end up in third and certainly no worse than fifth, despite what my friend said earlier on this thread. I am a die-hard Spurs supporter. I wear the hat and sometimes the shirt when I teach physical education which largely involves watching and officiating Mexican-American football players ages 8-11.

--------------------

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

So the Portland Timbers almost tied West Bromwich in a friendly. I feel pretty good about that, actually.

--------------------
  - C. P. Snow

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

The Baggies have been on tour here for a while. If you haven't seen this play, it's worth a look. You don't get too many chances to see a keeper score.
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

Thanks--I'd read about it, but hadn't seen it. Quite priceless, especially the victim's body language as he goes to retrieve the ball.

--------------------
  - C. P. Snow

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

What-ho Portland! Awesome! Unprecedented?

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

quote:
Originally posted by Timothy the Obscure:
So the Portland Timbers almost tied West Bromwich in a friendly.

“Almost tied.” That’s a new way of saying it.

--------------------

Cod
Shipmate
# 2643

- Posted      Profile for Cod     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
WE - ARE - QPR - WE ARE QPR!

Unless Abel Taarabt leaves, in which case we're screwed.

Posts: 4229 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
# 3200

Portland is most likely destined to be a North American version of West Brom, without that nasty thing called relegation.

Speaking of MLS, our ex-Dutch NT manager, who loves 4-3-3, in cahoots with that Mariner guy who played for Ipswich when I was growing up, has finally had the chance to blow up the team left to him by a person known as Judas to a half of Glasgow and ass-hat to TFC fans, with 8 new players arrived so far this month.

And I'm reading this great book about tactics.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Premier League website has started up their Fantasy Football game again.
Shall we have another ship league ? should i start a new thread ?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Cod:
WE - ARE - QPR - WE ARE QPR!

Unless Abel Taarabt leaves, in which case we're screwed.

Blackpool kept Charlie Adam all season and they were still relegated. While Blackpool went up in the play-offs and QPR as champions I think the two clubs are in similar positions.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016