homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Evensong, bitch (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Evensong, bitch
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

- Posted      Profile for the long ranger   Email the long ranger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Get yourself an opinion that doesn't denigrate the other because of your lopsided view of their tradition, you annoying cow.

--------------------
"..into the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth,” “But Rabbi, how can this happen for those who have no teeth?”
"..If some have no teeth, then teeth will be provided.”

irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Care to let the rest of us know what sparked that?

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Care to link to what has sparked your ire?

Do you know how?

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

- Posted      Profile for the long ranger   Email the long ranger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If I must

--------------------
"..into the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth,” “But Rabbi, how can this happen for those who have no teeth?”

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pissy, aren't we.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

Yes. Tosspot.

--------------------

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't think she was denigrating Orthodoxy, I think she had an issue with one of Fr. Gregory's responses earlier in the thread. I'm not sure if the 2 of them have history or not. Both of them have reputations on the ship, just not sure if they have one with each other.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God save us from posters who want to rant but insist on doing it as minimalist as possible.

Are we going to have to draw out your ire word by tortuous word?

I've seen too many posters over the years try this. It rarely works.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

Well, noob, if you want someone to participate in your gripe, it is just as well if you give enough description that others can find it and know what the subject of your irritation might be. You didn't do that.

The more polite thing to do would have been a link in your OP. You didn't do that.

Now that two people have asked, you grudgingly provide a link to a relatively innocuous post and are acting pissy.

The thing about Hell calls is that they can turn into a Hell thread against the person making the OP. You might want to keep that in mind.

So, go have your rant. You might even want to use Preview Post and see if you have communicated in complete sentences containing enough information that we do not have to guess what it is you might be trying to say.

Or not. I really don't give a shit. I was, and am, actually trying to be helpful.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Niteowl2:
I don't think she was denigrating Orthodoxy, I think she had an issue with one of Fr. Gregory's responses earlier in the thread. I'm not sure if the 2 of them have history or not. Both of them have reputations on the ship, just not sure if they have one with each other.

Eversinging has an issue with nearly everyone. Father Gregory has returned from a long sabbatical and is her new chew toy. For the moment.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Evensong says tons of monumentally stupid shit on the boards. Just click on the recent posts link in her profile and you'll find plenty of source material.

You can't post a rant without doing the research first is what I'm saying.

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
Well, noob, if you want someone to participate in your gripe, it is just as well if you give enough description that others can find it and know what the subject of your irritation might be. You didn't do that.

The more polite thing to do would have been a link in your OP. You didn't do that.

Now that two people have asked, you grudgingly provide a link to a relatively innocuous post and are acting pissy.

The thing about Hell calls is that they can turn into a Hell thread against the person making the OP. You might want to keep that in mind.

So, go have your rant. You might even want to use Preview Post and see if you have communicated in complete sentences containing enough information that we do not have to guess what it is you might be trying to say.

Or not. I really don't give a shit. I was, and am, actually trying to be helpful.

I don't give a shit what you are trying to do, turdface. I'll bitch about anyone I like in any way that I like.

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

Having revealed yourself to be a teenager, or someone who has never matured past teenager, you may find you have little sympathy for your positions on the boards.

TTFN

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

That's it. I'm making the popcorn.

Haven't seen such a clueless n00b in, oooh, hours. At least.

--------------------

irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Killing me]

Oh yeah, this thread is definitely gonna turn on you.

And seriously, calling someone 'turdface'? What are you, twelve? [Disappointed]

ETA: x-post with Tortuf and PeteC

[ 16. June 2012, 11:56: Message edited by: irish_lord99 ]

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

quote:
Having revealed yourself to be a teenager, or someone who has never matured past teenager, you may find you have little sympathy for your positions on the boards.

TTFN

If you've not noticed Evensong's behaviour, then I'm afraid you've not been looking hard enough Tortuf.

Take your rent-a-quote someplace else where someone is actually interested in what you think. I know of a few beer soddled individuals in my local park who may give you the time of day.

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
If you've not noticed Evensong's behaviour, then I'm afraid you've not been looking hard enough Tortuf.
We all know about Evensong's behavior. She's called to hell as often as once a fortnight. It's just the fact that you expect us to make the case against her for you that makes this a terrible rant.

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by the long ranger:
quote:

TTFN

Take your rent-a-quote someplace else where someone is actually interested in what you think. I know of a few beer soddled individuals in my local park who may give you the time of day.

You're new here and a word of advice I gave to someone else recently might apply here too. Do a little research on the culture here in hell and what makes a good rant and what you might want to do when calling someone to hell so other people know what you're beef is and may support your rant. Tortuf was not only trying to be helpful, he was right. A little back reading will show that more than one hell thread has turned on the original poster. You're probably lucky in this instance that Evensong has a history here in hell. But if I were you I'd shore up your rant anyway.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

1. I don't give a toss or a flying fuck or a monkeys arsebone what you all think the 'culture of hell' is.

2. I did not claim to be trying to perfect the best rant. I just wanted to say something to Evensong which is considered inappropriate elsewhere. If you all want to fight your own private battles with me or anyone else, do it on your own fucking thread.

3. This is not for your entertainment.

4. I am really not bothered how often Evensong has been called to Hell

5. I really don't care whether this offends or upsets your standards

6. Fuck off and die.

--------------------

the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

And yes, for your information I can correctly be described as 'pissy'.

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

This is what happens, dear heart, when people don't care about the culture of hell. So it's no good swearing at us for your inability to be a respectable denizen of Hades. If you had some things to say to Evensong you should have sent her a private message.

--------------------

Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh my. This is like the shadow of Mark Betts.

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
This is what happens, dear heart, when people don't care about the culture of hell. So it's no good swearing at us for your inability to be a respectable denizen of Hades. If you had some things to say to Evensong you should have sent her a private message.

No, I wanted to use the board designed for that purpose. Deal.

--------------------

Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This will all end in tears, I can feel it in my bones. Shall I get the tissues?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
1. I don't give a toss or a flying fuck or a monkeys arsebone what you all think the 'culture of hell' is.

2. I did not claim to be trying to perfect the best rant. I just wanted to say something to Evensong which is considered inappropriate elsewhere. If you all want to fight your own private battles with me or anyone else, do it on your own fucking thread.

3. This is not for your entertainment.

4. I am really not bothered how often Evensong has been called to Hell

5. I really don't care whether this offends or upsets your standards

6. Fuck off and die.

Get. A. Blog.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Get. A. Blog.

What to say something to someone on a bulletin board? Get. A. Braincell.

Yeah I made a typo. Fuck off about that as well.

[ 16. June 2012, 12:40: Message edited by: the long ranger ]

--------------------

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

I think you're gonna find people don't care how you feel about Evensong. They don't really care about you either - especially since you've shown yourself to be an immature idiot. Carry on, but don't be surprised at the reception you get.

--------------------
Wm. Shakespeare

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:

No. That would be very very creepy. The ship is one place where praise in public, criticize in public actually applies. [if it contains snark]

And Uncle Tortuf, I appreciate all the gentle advice you give. Thankyou.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Dingy Sailor, I'd say we have to calm ourselves and listen for the voice of God, which may be from the depths of our understanding of the universal ethic or the Holy Spirit whispering the divine ethic into our hearts.

Stop typing and start listening.

[ 16. June 2012, 12:44: Message edited by: Patdys ]

--------------------

Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
... you annoying cow.

I once heard someone described as a "bovine shuffler" which I think is a little more original. But beyond that anyone who self – describes as "the Lone Ranger" can be assumed not to have very good people skills.

This is the sort of thing that makes one want to give Evensong the benefit of the doubt, which takes some doing. Of course if Father Gregory is involved also that makes it a twofer.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

And now there is a name typo. Damn those Mayans.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
the long ranger - I hadn't written you off as an immature idiot, though your response to Tortuf certainly deserves that label. Perhaps it's just a bad day.

And maybe I need to go and lie down in a darkened room, but I think Evensong's initial response to a very weak OP was fair enough. The later comment, which you seem to have taken exception to, refers to a past posting history of which you are (presumably) unaware. Whether the tone of that comment was appropriate for Purg is a matter for the hosts.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

Thanks, you've all made me feel a lot better. I'll go and have a walk in the sunshine now.

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:
This will all end in tears, I can feel it in my bones. Shall I get the tissues?

I cried a little already. But I do that pretty much every morning, so probably not the specific crying you were thinking of.

--------------------

Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
FFS Zach, keep your emotions out of it can't you?

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

[Big Grin]

that was funny snags

(sorry Zach)

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

The crying usually happens in the lull between waking up and doing my daily Book of Common Prayer emotion elimination regimen.

--------------------

irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

[Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
And Uncle Tortuf, I appreciate all the gentle advice you give. Thank you.

Years ago when Melon and I were discussing how to go about creating an online church community he suggested I read a book buy the guy who invented the computer game genre of multi-player adventures. The author called them MUD's (multi player dungeons), BTW.

You might ask what MUD's have to do with anything. Well, if you know Melon, you know there is a lot of stuff going on in his very smart head. He had picked up the book because it talked about how online communities evolve; and how the members of such online communities evolve within the community. (I forget the name of the book and certainly don't have it anymore, having loaned it out to someone who promised to bring it right back.)

Anyway, one of the fascinating things is that pretty much whatever personality people had coming in to the community, they turned into helpful guides if they stayed around long enough.

Ever notice how RooK is more helpful than he used to be?

That, I believe, is where I am now myself. I probably come off as the oldest sibling from time to time, but I mean well.

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

MUD = Multi User Dungeon. [Hot and Hormonal]
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
And now there is a name typo. Damn those Mayans.

I blame the ship for not having a mobile app. That, and the fact that I'm going blind as well as deaf.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A n00b who clearly doesn't have the maturity or intelligence to do a really proper ranting call to hell.

Against Evensong, who is, as we all know, I long-term resident of her own intestine.

Pity. I was hoping we might eventually have a proper chance to give Evensong a good fuck but I reckon not.

My money is on Evensong this time, 1-0 in the first half.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
I was hoping we might eventually have a proper chance to give Evensong a good fuck

A new low.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, in his absence, Fr Gregory has been referred to several times as someone who starts threads with a particular agenda (ie. to convert people to his viewpoint) and the use of rather clumsy lure tactics.

I suspect that was the basis for her attack on his OP. I'm a pal of Fr Gregory's in real life but his OP did strike me as an example of that, so, much as Evensong gets on my wick, I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt on that one.

That's not to say that Fr Gregory deserves censure either. The thread has meandered on reasonably well. He's clarified what he was getting at and finding allies along the way, including Mudfrog ...

Oh dear ...

[Razz]

Perhaps Captain Muddy will be the next to fall for the Orthodox PlotTM?

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been waiting for the long ranger to get called to Hell for his occasional tit-like qualities, and here he has basically done it for himself. Neat. And has invited Evensong to be the chief "bitch" in the dogpile. Double neat.

Popcorn? I enjoy white cheddar, myself. [Cool]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gamalial:
quote:
Perhaps Captain Muddy will be the next to fall for the Orthodox PlotTM?
In that case, he'd have to get a lot fonder of sacraments. A lot.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
the long ranger
Shipmate
# 17109

OK, y'know what - you are all right and I am mostly wrong. I apologise, I hadn't realised quite how highly strung I'd become in recent days.

I'm sorry Tortuf, totally unnecessary on my part.

But sorry, no apologies to Evensong.

Happy to accept any further slaps as required.

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

Thank you.

Evensong is a big girl who can take care of herself.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Are we all happy pals now, then? Only I have this huge bowl of popcorn sitting by my keyboard. [Frown]

I think it will be interesting to see how this develops, so I'll leave it open a bit...

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

It's not like we can wait for the ending with any sense of tension. Evensong, as always, will be gratified by the attention, and longranger will stamp off in a huff.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016