homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Mornington Crescent (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Mornington Crescent
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Lenten Fast completed, perhaps we might return to the game? If so, I'd be happy to begin with Old Street .

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wimbledon Chase

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Piccadilly Circus

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cambridge Circus

Bet you weren't expecting that, eh? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
decampagne
Shipmate
# 17012

- Posted      Profile for decampagne   Email decampagne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To avoid the risk of prematurely falling into knip, a quick nudge across to somewhere that reflects the other, dare I say, preferable place, beckons

Oxford Gardens (North Kensington)

Posts: 86 | From: Oxfordshire | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by decampagne:
... the other, dare I say, preferable place ...

And who won the Boat Race? [Devil]

Back to the game:

Canary Wharf

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, after an opening gambit like that little lot I shall inject some sanity into the game, no really, and take us to

Hainault

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ongar. But - for the time being - you'll have to walk.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Northwood Hills

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The only possible move, as far as I can calculate is

Oxford Circus

So glad The Game is back!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Arnos Grove

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Time for a nice little cross-diagonal, and to put the whole of the South of the River in spoon..

Pimlico

--------------------

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
decampagne
Shipmate
# 17012

- Posted      Profile for decampagne   Email decampagne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ha ha ha!!!

Dollis Hill

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Groan.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aldgate East

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Northwick Park

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by decampagne:
... Dollis Hill

Decampagne, you really haven't been playing for very long, have you? [Big Grin]

If South of the River's still in spoon (which it presumably will be until Japes finds her passport) I think a trip to God's Own County™ is in order:

Theydon Bois

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Barking

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mad?

Ah, how about Bethlehem Royal Hospital? It's time for Bedlam!

Eden Park

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Am I missing something here? I was always under the impression that the (former) Bethlehem Royal Hospital was just round the corner from

Lambeth North.

You can't miss it, it's got two battleship guns outside. "Eden Park" indeed (snorts). [Smile]

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

Passport found, visa all in order. Be brave, Japes, be brave.

North-East Quandrant takes the spoon, and so to

Tooting Bec we resolutely go.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Morden

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

Fairlop

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
Am I missing something here? I was always under the impression that the (former) Bethlehem Royal Hospital was just round the corner from

Lambeth North.

You can't miss it, it's got two battleship guns outside. "Eden Park" indeed (snorts). [Smile]

Whoops! The museum's in Croyden; I thought that seemed a bit odd.
Anyway, now that I'm pretty much lost, it's no wonder we're somewhere I would never go willingly—Fulham Broadway.
(Sorry IF. [Devil] )

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Acton Town

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Southfields

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

High Barnet (via Bank)

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Time for a south-west diagonal back-flip to South Kensington.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thank you, piglet - that allows me to take us to:

Park Royal

--------------------

decampagne
Shipmate
# 17012

From where a green diagonal will return us to God's Own County™

Becontree

Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

Moorgate

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

Chancery Lane

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Am I missing something here?

White City (for the Olympics, but I seem to have arrived 64 years too late. Signalling problems as usual ...).

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Plaistow

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

Schoolboy error there Wodders!

Elephant & Castle

Get out of that! [Razz]

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Easy enough (if you have a passport):

Pimlico [Big Grin]

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Stonebridge Park

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Leytonstone (from a small rock to a fairly hard place).
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Left shuffle to Caledonian Road & Barnsbury

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ah well, as I've just glanced in the mirror

Angel

--------------------

Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

Warren Street

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I make a late entry?

South Acton

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You're not really late at all, IF - we're not even at the bottom of the first page yet.

Mansion House - why not?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Fenchurch Street

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Westminster

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

East Finchley. Mind you, that's still Thatcher-land ...
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

In which case Kensal Green seems appropriate.

--------------------

decampagne
Shipmate
# 17012

Which leads us logically, and thematically, to

Nunhead

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Neatly finessing your diagonal switch:

Parsons Green

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:
Neatly finessing your diagonal switch:

Parsons Green

Oh really?

Monument

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016