homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » 2012 Birthdays, Saints Days and Just Fun Days (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: 2012 Birthdays, Saints Days and Just Fun Days
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
NOTE: This year the Hosts have decided not to post anniversaries and our dear departed shipmates birthdays and days of their passings, as there will be a memorial thread soon. I thank the Hosts for all their work and I will continue to post all your special days, because you are special shipmates!

A HAPPY, PROSPEROUS AND BLESSED NEW YEAR TO YOU !
Blywyddyn Newydd Dda, Xin nian yu kuai, Godt Nytår, Gelukkig nieuwjaar , Bonne année, Aith-bhliain Fe Nhaise Dhui, Gutes Neues Jahr, Hauoli Makahiki Hou, Shanah tovah , Buon Capo d'Anno, Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu, Godt Nyttår, Maligayang Bagong Tao , Szczesliwego Nowego roku, Feliz ano novo, La Multi Ani, S Novym Godom , Feliz Año Nuevo

JANUARY is brought to you by the Spike, Saints Coordination Committee, Dolphy, the Birthday Lady and thanks to Brownielocks.com.

January is Apple, Apricot, Artichoke, Asparagus, Bath Safety, Celebration of Life, Cervical Cancer Screening, Financial Wellness, Family Fitness, Lose Weight and Feel Great, Be on Purpose, Creativity, Quality of Life, Cleanup your Computer, Glaucoma awareness, Thyroid Awareness, High Tech, Hot Tea, Mail Order Gardening, Oatmeal, Soup, Reach your potential, Walk your Pet, Oatmeal, Returns, Monitoring and Self Defense Month.

1 Commemoration of the Naming and Circumcision of Jesus

[Votive] UNIVERSAL HOUR OF PRAYER FOR PEACE
[Votive]

1*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY. FREELANCE MONOTHEIST*****
“First Footing” in the UK
Euro Day
Ellis Island Day
Polar Bear Plunge Day/Swim Day
BBC began programming in 1927
New Years Day Parade, Parliament Square, London
Mummer’s Parade, Philadelphia
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) formed in 1832 in Lexington, KY
Bad Hangover Day
2 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIR KEVIN *****
Feast of St. Basil the Great, Patron of Russia and Hospital admins. A learned man with great personal holiness.
Commemoraion of Gregory Nazianzen, 389
Rose Parade, Pasadena, California
Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California
Happy MEW Year for Cats Day
3 "Momento Mori" Day – "remember you die"
Start your 'New Years Resolutions" Day
J.R.R. Tolkein Day
3-9 New Years Resolutions Week
4 Feast of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, founder of the American congregation of the Sisters of Charity, who established the Sisters of Charity, who established St. Vincent Hospital and Orphanage in the 19th century.
Feast of Simon Stylites
The Earth at Perihelion
Trivia Day
5 Twelfth Night
Elvis’s Birthday
Asarah B.Tevet-day of mourning for those lost in the Shoah (Holocaust) and other grief over the siege of Jerusalem
6 Epiphany of the Lord or Twelfth Day
Feast of Three Kings
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANINE *****
Conversion of Charles H. Spurgeon, 1850
I AM NOT going to take it anymore day! ! !

7 A BLESSED CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF OUR ORTHODOX SHIPMATES MERRY CHRISTMAS!

St Distaff’s Day
8 Fruitcake Toss Day
9 “Wolf Moon” in New England and Great Lakes
Stephen Foster Day
World Nerd Day
National Clean Off your Desk Day
10 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADRIENNE *****
Cut your energy costs day
Organize your home day
The London Underground began operating, 1863
11 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEN *****
CIGARETTES ARE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH DAY !!
Tattoo Pride Day
12 Feast of Alfred of Rievaulx, abbot
13 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEDIJUDY, Jedi Sister! *****
Blame Someone Else Day
Friday the 13th
International Skeptics Day (Are you sure about that?)
Feast of Hilary, Bishop of Poitiers, 367
Commemoration of George Fox, founder of the Society of Friends
14 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BALAAM *****
Organize your home day
Dress up your pet day
15 Feast of Wulstan, bishop
Martin Luther King Day (US)
16 Feast of Antony of Egypt, 356
Appreciate a DRAGON Day (Just for you, oh, Welsh one!)
Ditch your 'New Years Resolutions" Day
World NOTHING Day (?)
World Religion Day
Religious Freedom Day
17 Scott reaches the South Pole, 1912
18 A VERY HAPPY QUADRUPLE BIRTHDAY TO THE BIRTHDAY QUARTET!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARMOT *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROSSWEISSE *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FIRENZE *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO YE OLDE MOTHERBOARDE *****
Pro-Life Day
Rid the world of Fad diets and Gimmicks Day
19 Commemoration of Canute, King of Denmark
Feast of St. Fabian, martyr
20 Feast of St. Sebastian. Patron of archers, athletes, doctors, hardware, police and soldiers, invoked against plague. Born in Italy, a soldier in the Roman army where he converted others to Christianity, but after discovered was shot with arrows and martyred.
21 Feast of St. Agnes, martyr, 304
National Hugging Day - GO FORTH AND HUG!!!
Squirrel Appreciation Day
Celebration of Life Day
22 Feast of Vincent of Zaragosa, patron of charitable societies, hospital workers, prisoners and vintners. Tortured and died in prison when he refused to surrender the sacred books of the church.
23 Feast of St. Ildefonso. Archbishop, and Doctor of the church
Snowplow Mailbox Hockey Day
Women's Healthy Weight Day
24 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALWYN *****
Feast of St. Frances de Sales, patron of Catholic press, editors, journalists and writers. Invoked against deafness. Founded schools and along with St Frances de Chantal, founded the order of the Visitation.
25 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMANDA B RECKONDWYTHE *****
Commemoration of the Conversion of St. Paul
Burn's Night, Edinburgh, Scotland
Speak up and succeed day
National Compliment Day and Toad Hollow Day of Encouragement
26 Feast of Timothy and Titus, disciples of Paul
Holocaust Memorial Day
Republic Day - India
Australia day
27 Auschwitz Liberation and Holocaust Memorial Day for the Commemoration of Holocaust Victims
28 Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas, patron of scholars, theologians. His teachings have become the basis of modern Catholic theology.
Thomas Crapper Day
29 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAUL W *****
Curmudgeon’s Day
30 Festival of King Charles, 1649
Inane Telephone Answering Machine Messages day
Feast of St. Aidan
Feast of St. John Bosco
Bubblewrap Appreciation Day
yaD sdrawkcaB
Hell is Freezing Over Day
(You always wondered when this would happen, didn't you?)

[ 06. January 2012, 23:35: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
26th January is also Australia Day and in India is Republic Day.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday to Janine, Happy Birthday to Janine,
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to Janine.

[Axe murder]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A belated Happy Christmas to the Russian Orthodox members here [Smile] Leetla Masha is certainly in my heart at this time.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just realised I celebrate my birthday on Martin Luther King Day. I guess I can share it with such an illustrious man.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We still don't have THE FEAST OF THE ASS recognised anywhere on the ship except in my sig.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today is Alvisimo's birthday! [Yipee]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

I texted Jedi on her birthday and she was partying like it is 1965, or whatever! [Killing me]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

quote:
Originally posted by Balaam:
We still don't have THE FEAST OF THE ASS recognised anywhere on the ship except in my sig.

Oh my gosh, I WILL NOT forget this one for next years list! Good one, Balaam! Thanks.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ye Olde Motherboarde:
I texted Jedi on her birthday and she was partying like it is 1965, or whatever! [Killing me]

Was that the year the parties included eating salmon and shrimp? [Two face]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bib:
Just realised I celebrate my birthday on Martin Luther King Day. I guess I can share it with such an illustrious man.

So does my brother: he just turned 56 in Los Angeles.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL MY BIRTHDAY SISTERS!

FIRENZE

MARMOT

ROSSWEISSE

AND THE BIRTHDAY LADY
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

Edited to protect privacy.
Gwai
All Saints Host

[ 18. January 2012, 23:35: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------

snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!
[Axe murder]

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please remember not to use shipmate's real names. That counts as outing even when well-meant, and is completely out of bounds.

Gwai
All Saints Host

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

(raises hand)
And that would be me, Gwai!. I promise to do better. (hiding head)

--------------------

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Note the forthcoming Year of the Dragon [Cool] (and yes I was born in a Year of the Dragon, which I find rather appropriate).

Unfortunately, I did not pick up on "appreciate a dragon day" till a couple of days too late. I am getting a lot of spoiling from Dave at the moment however, so I do feel very appreciated [Angel]

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

And you should be appreciated, dear W.D. Dave has great taste.

Today is Chinese New Year, starting the Year of the Dragon, as Welsh Dragon said. We are going out for a big dinner with friends. I hope that you all have a good day.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

FEBRUARY is brought to you by the Spike, Saints Coordination Committee, Dolphy, the Birthday Lady and thanks to Brownielocks.com.

It is CHOCOLATE Month! (And can we ever get enough chocolate??) and Spunky Old Broads Month.
It is also, American Heart, International Friendship, American History, Avocado and Banana, Black History Scout, National Cherry Pie, Bake for Family Fun, Fabulous Florida Strawberry, Grapefruit, Hot Breakfast, Mend a broken heart, [Tear] Pet Dental Health, Wise Health Care Consumer, Potato Lovers Month, National Crime Prevention, Women's Heart Health, National World Understanding, Boost your Self Esteem, Expect Success, Library Lover's, National Hobby, Marfan Syndrome Awareness, Marijuana Awareness, National Wild Bird Feeding, Cat Health Awareness, Responsible Pet Owner's, and National Snack Food Month, Wedding, Youth Leadership.

1 NATIONAL FREEDOM DAY
Shipmates, THANK GOD for the freedom
we have in our own countries,
and the freedom we have in CHRIST

*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOMB*****

Feast of St. Brighid. Patroness of milkmaids, fugitives, newborns and nuns. Her parents were baptized by St. Patrick and she was a good friend of his. Founded a monastery at Kildare, Ireland.
Imbolic
Death of Edgar Allan Poe
1-7 Women's Heart Week
2 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSEPHINE*****
Presentation of the Lord, Candlemas
If Candlemas be fair and bright, come,
Winter, have another flight.
If Candlemas brings clouds and rain,
go Winter, and come not again.

Presentation of our Lord in the Temple (Orthodox)
Crepe Day, La Chandeleur and Fete de Lumiere (France)
Groundhog Day / Marmot Day
No talk day
3 Feast of St. Blaise, bishop and martyr
Feast of St. Ansgar, bishop
National Carrot Cake Day
Bubble Gum Day
4 National Wear Red for Women Day
World Cancer Day
USO Day
Give Kids a Smile Day
Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day
Homemade Soup Day
Thank a Mailperson Day
Liberace Day
5 Hurling the Silver Ball, St Ives, Cornwall
Dia de la Constiticion (Mexico)
Feast of St. Agatha, virgin and martyr
SUPERBOWL SUNDAY (US)
World Nutella Day
Chocolate Fondue Day
Diabetes Sunday
5-11 Boy Scout Anniversary Week
5-11 Dump your Significant Jerk week
5-11 Just Say No to Powerpoint week
6 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOO*****
Pay a Compliment Day
Feast of Felipe de Jesus, patron of Mexico and youth.
Feast of Sts. Paul Miki and companions, martyrs
6-11 International Friendship Week
6-11 National Green Week
7 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TONYK*****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WAIRUA *****

Feast of St. Jerome Emiliani
Send a card to a friend day
8 Clean Out your Computer Day
Boy Scout Anniversary Day
Tu B’Shavat (Jewish festival of trees)
9 National Stop Bullying Day
10 Feast of St. Scholastica
National Plimsoll Day / Umbrella Day
11 Satisfied Staying Single Day
World Day of the Sick
Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
11-19 Jorvik Viking Fest, York
12 Lincoln's Birthday (US)
Chocolate Day !!
Darwin Day
Darwin fun and games
Grammy Awards Day (US)
12-18 Jell-o Week
13 Royal Hobart Regatta (TAS)
I value our friendship day
Get a different name day
13-14 Westminster Dog Show
13-19 Random Acts of Kindness Week

14 HAPPY ST. VALENTINE'S DAY ! Shipmates!
Feast of St Valenine, patron of lovers, the martyrdom of 3 saints called Valentine are celebrated on this day.
World Marriage Day
Hug Day
Have a Heart Day
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BARREA!*****
Feast of St. Cyril, monk
Feast of St. Methodius, bishop, patron of Europe
14-16 World AG Expo
15 Lupercalia
Burger Lovers Day
Susan B. Anthony Day
17 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY,GRACIOUS REBEL!*****
My Way Day
18 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAMPBELLITE*****
Feast of St. Leo the Great, Bishop of Rome
Saturday of Souls (Orthodox)
Death of Martin Luther, Monk and Reformer of the Church
Pluto Day (for those of us in New Mexico, it is STILL a planet! And here I was, thinking Pluto was a Disney character!)
19 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHUKOVSKY *****
Temporary Insanity Day
Mint Chocolate Day
19-21 SHROVETIDE
19-25 Brotherhood/Sisterhood Week
19-25 National Pancake Week
20 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEAUTIFUL DREAMER *****
Love your pet Day
President’s Day (US)
Collop Monday, (UK)
World Day for Social Justice
20-21 Fasching
21 Feast of St. Peter Damien, bishop and Doctor of the Church
Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day, Fastnacht Day
Carnival (AUS)
International Pancake Day Race
Great Spitalfields Pancake Race, Brick Lane, London
National Pancake Day (IHOP Restaurant)
Mardi Gras Day
22 ASH WEDNESDAY, beginning of Lent
George Washington's Birthday (US)
Inconvenience Yourself Day
National Margarita Day
TRIPLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ARRIETTY*****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARYS *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAX ROMANA *****

Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
23 Feast of St. Polycarp, bishop and martyr
National Chili Day
Flag was raised at Iwo Jima Day
Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day
National Chili Day
24 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DYFRIG *****
Feast of St. Matthias, disciple chosen to replace Judas
Dia de la Bandera (Mexico)
National Chile Day
Kissing Friday/Nippy Hug Day (UK)
Obnoxious Day
Cuddle Day
26 Forgiveness Sunday (Orthodox)
Daytona 500 begins (US)
Levi Strauss Day
Academy Awards (US)
26-March 3 Eating Disorders Awareness Week
26-March 3 Secondhand Wardrobe Week
27 Orthodox Green Monday
ORTHODOX LENT BEGINS
International "Spay your Pet" day
Polar Bear Appreciation Day
27-March 4 Peace Corps Week
National Tooth Fairy Day
29 LEAP YEAR DAY!
Galileo Day

[ 17. February 2012, 17:35: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

AWESOME.
[Killing me]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:

AWESOME.
[Killing me]

Haven't you done that already, Comet? [Snigger]

Here's an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOO !

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Correction: I just remembered that my little brother (who is actually 3 inches taller than me) was born 16 January 1957, making him only 55, though he is still a bachelor dating girls about half his age!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Good Morning and Happy Birthday to my friend, TonyK and Happy Birthday to Wairua.

And, Comet, have a great time in Hawaii ! I wish I were there with you. <sniffle>

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today, 15th February is also International Childhood Cancer Day. An appropriate time to remind people that the World Community Grid includes a project fighting childhood cancer. If you're not already participating in WCG, follow the link in my sig to join up (you don't have to join the Ship team if you don't want to).

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Temporary Insanity Day
tomorrow. Cool!

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
Correction: I just remembered that my little brother (who is actually 3 inches taller than me) was born 16 January 1957, making him only 55, though he is still a bachelor dating girls about half his age!

What was your brother doing when he was twenty-two? [Ultra confused] [Eek!]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

March is brought to you by Spike, the Saints Coordination Committee, Brownielocks.com and the Birthday Lady

March is American Red Cross Month, Deaf History, Irish-American Heritage, Music in our Schools, Colo-rectal Cancer Awareness, Caffeine, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Berry and Cherry, Craft, Eye Donor, Multiple Sclerosis Awareness, Kidney, Nutrition, Social Work, Women's History, Sing with your child, Spring break, Optimism, Play the recorder, Poison Prevention, Save your vision, Eye Health Month.

1 Happy Feast of St. David, patron saint of Wales
Gwyl Dewi Happus abendithion dros benichigyd. Dewi Sant, gweddia drosom!
to Simon, Gill H, Hugal, Rosemary, Carys, Babybear, Dyfrig, Welsh Dragon, Seasick, Trisagion, Rev Per Minute, Manda, Psyduck, Pants, Birdie, Snowgander, and other Welsh shipmates.

Beer Day
Pig Day
Peace Corps Birthday
Stop the Bad Service Day! [Mad]
Professional Salesperson's Day
2 Feast of St. Chad (Cedde), Bishop of Lichfield
First Friday in Lent (Orthodox)
Commemoration of John and Charles Wesley
Dr. Seuss's birthday
Shabbat across the US and Canada
3 Feast of St. Non (Nonnita)
National Anthem Singing Day-the Star Spangled Banner becomes the National Anthem
I want to be happy day [Smile]
3-18 IDITAROD, Alaska
4 Feast of St. Casmir
Sunday of St. Gregory Palamas (Orthodox)
Vivaldi's Birthday
March Forth and Do Something Day
Hug a GI Day
Pet Sitters Day
4-10 Procrastination Week
5 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LORD PONTIVILLIAN *****
Feast of St. Prian, Cornwall, England
6 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGLICAN RASCAL *****
Feast of Saint Collette of Corbie
Feast of St. Baldred
Dentist's Day
Employee Appreciation Day
Return all those “borrowed books” week
7 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HUGAL *****
Commemoration of Thomas Aquinas, Doctor of the Church
Feast of St. John of God
Feast of St. Perpetua and Felicity, martyrs
Peace Corps Day
Unique Names Day
Monopoly Day
7-8 Ta’anit Esther/Feast of PURIM
8 Commemoration of Edward King, Bishop
International Woman's Day
Feast of St. John of God
Uppity Women Day
Learn what your name means day
8-11 Crufts Dog Show, Birmingham
9 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHOENIX *****
*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOAN RASCH *****
Feast of Francis of Rome
Feast of St. Cyril and Methodius
Commemoration of Gregory, Bishop of Nyssa
Feast of Shushan PURIM
Get over it Day
10 Commemoration of Balthaser Hubmaier, reformer
Middle Name Pride Day
Salvation Army Day
11 Sunday of the Holy Cross (Orthodox)
DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
****** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRAVELLER *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WELEASE WODERICK *****
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME (US, CAN) Spring Ahead!
Organize your home office day
Genealogy Day
Middle Name Pride Day
Girl Scout Sunday
11-17 Girl Scout Week
12 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIVING IN GIN *****
Commonwealth Day (UK)
Feast of St Gregory, Pope
Girl Scout Day
Adelaide Cup (SA)
Canberra Day (ACT)
Labour Day (VIC)
8 Hours Day (TAS,WA)
13Pluto is a Planet Day in New Mexico
World Kidney Day
14 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUGUSTINE THE ALEUT *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RASPBERRY RABBIT *****
Check your batteries Day
PI Day
15 [Eek!] Beware the Ides of March! [Eek!]
Buzzards Day
16 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMA LOUISE*****
Goddard Day
The Feast of St. Urho, patron of Finland
Lips Appreciation Day
Well-Elderly or Wellderly Day
16-18 Sherlock Holmes Weekend
17 The Feast of St. Patrick
Go here for some fun!
Campfire Girls Day
18 **** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EIGON *****
St. John of the Ladder Sunday (Orthodox)
Mothering Sunday (UK)
Simnell Sunday (UK)
Feast of Cyril of Jerusalem, bishop and doctor
Commemoration of St. Edward, King of the West Saxons
Commemoration of Anselm
Forgive your Mother and Dad Day
19 The Feast of St. Joseph, carpenter
The Swallows return to Capistrano Day
National Quilting Day
20 Vernal Equinox - WELCOME SPRING!
Proposal Day and Kiss your fiance’ day
Feast of St. Cuthbert, Bishop of Lindsfarne, 687
The Great "Meat Out" day
21 Feast of Thomas Cramner, Archbishop of Canterbury, martyr, 1556
Feast of St. Benedict, abbott
National Common Courtesy Day
Single Parents Day
Flower Day
Day to Eliminate Racial Discrimination
22 DOUBLE BIRTHDAY!
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEENSTER *****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEROFF *****
Feast of Johnathan Edwards
Goof Off Day!
World Day for Water
24 Feast of Gabriel, Archangel, patron of postal and telephone workers
Harry Houdini Day
25 Annunciation of the THEOTOKOS (Orthodox)
Beginning of British Standard Time - Clocks Go Forward!
International Day for the remembrance of Victims of Slavery
J. R.Tolkein Reading Day
Robert the Bruce becomes King of Scotland
Greek Independence Day
25-April 7 Passiontide
26 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICOLEMRW *****
Annunciation of the Lord celebrated
Richard the Lionhearted fatally wounded in France
Legal Assistants Day
Make up your own mind day
Make up your own holiday day
27 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REV PER MINUTE *****
28 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROSAMUNDI *****
KICK BUTTS DAY
Quirky Music Titles Day
Weed Appreciation Day
29 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PETER OWEN *****
Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886
30*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OFF CENTRE VIEW *****
Death of the Queen Mum (2002)
31 Commemoration of John Donne
Commemoration of Francis Asbury, Bishop
Love your children day [Axe murder]

[coding and spelling]
[Removed redundant shipmates]

[ 01. March 2012, 20:34: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy St. David's Day everyone! We had a very special day last month, with Dragon-baby born on Feb 15th. She is gorgeous!!
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

3 National Anthem Singing Day-the Star Spangled Banner becomes the National Anthem

Did you know this was written by someone who came from Gloucester UK?!!

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsh dragon:
Happy St. David's Day everyone!

Dydd Gwyl Dewi i ti gyd! Happy Saint David's Day to you all!

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hapus Dydd Gŵyl Dewi. Cawl cennin ar gyfer swper heno!

Happy Saint David's Day. Leek soup for supper tonight!

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy 22nd birthday and St. Piran's Day to Lord Pontivillian.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois today, or at least in parts of it. Schools are closed in Chicago but not in our little burb. Chicago has the largest Polish population outside of Warsaw, so Pulaski has his own day here (as well as a big street named after him).

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
It's Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois today, or at least in parts of it. Schools are closed in Chicago but not in our little burb. Chicago has the largest Polish population outside of Warsaw, so Pulaski has his own day here (as well as a big street named after him).

That's very cool, Mamacita, I used to sing at a Polish Catholic Church so I know about Casimir. Pittsburgh also has a large contingent of Polish, too.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the link. My daughter was off school yesterday and wanted to know what sort of holiday Pulaski Day was. I couldn't tell her much. Now I know [Smile]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday Stoo, and happy Birthday eve Emma Louise!

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

APRIL is brought to you by Spike, the Saints Coordination Committee, Brownielocks.com, and the Birthday Lady. 

April is Autism Awareness, Cancer Control, Couple Apperciation, Car Care, Card and Letterwriting, Child Abuse, Diabetes, Frog, Fair Housing, Financial Literacy, Grilled Cheese, Holy Humor, Home Improvement, I.B.S., Jazz Appreciation, Decorating, DNA, Genomics and Stem Cell Education, Donate Life, Garden, Kite, Occupational Therapy, Parkinson’s Awareness, Poetry, War on Diabetes, Pet, Poetry, Soy Foods, Prevent Animal Cruelty, Rosacea Awareness, Straw Hat, Women’s Eye Health, Workplace Conflict Awareness and School Spirit Month.

1 PALM SUNDAY - beginning of Holy Week
***** SHIP OF FOOLS FOUNDED 1998 *****
April Fool’s Day / All Fools Day
Huntingwowk Day (Scotland)
April Noddy Day (UK)
Feast of Fools (France)
St. Stupid Day
Atheist Day
Poetry and Creative Mind Day
Tongue Twister Day
2 Death of John Paul II (2005)
****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAHLOVE *****
Feast of St. Francis of Paola, Hermit
World Autism Day
Tater Day (sweet potatoes)
PB&J Day
3 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIFFY *****
Commemoration of Richard of Chichester, Bishop of Chichester
Tweed Day
4 National Day of Hope
Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King (1968)
School Librarian Day
Feast of St. Isidore, Bishop and Doctor, Patron of Librarians and of the Internet.
Vitamin C Day
QingMing-Chinese tomb cleaning festival
5 MAUNDY THURSDAY
National Deep Dish Pizza Day 
6 GOOD FRIDAY
Passover
****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRITS*****
New Beers Eve Day
Scottish Tartan Day
Army Day
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Luther Pastor executed (1945)
7 HOLY SATURDAY
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, INGO B *****
Feast of St. John Baptist de la Salle, patron of school teachers 
National Beer Day
NO Housework day! 
World Day of Prayer for Vocations

8 HAPPY EASTER! HE IS RISEN, ALLELUIA!
Pask Lowen, Feliĉan Paskon, Joyeuses Pâques, Frohe Ostern. Hau ʻoli Pakoa, E ʻōlelo mālie, Cáisc Shona Dhuit/Dhaoibh, Beannachtaí na Cásca, Buona Pasqua, haengpoghan puhwarcheori toesikir, Prospera Pascha sit, Caisht sonney dhyt, God påske, Boa Páscoa, Xristos voskrese, Veselé prežitie Veľkonočných sviatkov, ¡Felices Pascuas!, Glad Påsk, Schöni Oschtere, Pasg Hapus

9 EASTER MONDAY
Hop Monday
Winston Churchill Day
National Cherish an Antique Day
Dyngus Day
10 Salvation Army Founders Day
Golfers Day
National Sibling Day
ASPCA DAY
National Be Kind to Lawyers Day
11 *****HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Macgyver's Apprentice *****
 Cheese Fondue Day 
Birth of George Augustus Selwyn, First Bishop of New Zealand (1878)
Barbershop Quartet Day
National Pet Day
12 D.E.A.R. (Drop everything and READ) Day
DAY OF SILENCE
Tax Freedom Day
Licorice Day
13 ORTHODOX GOOD FRIDAY
Blame Someone Else Day
Scrabble Day
Vote Lawyers out of office Day
Feast of St. Martin, Pope and Martyr
14 ORTHODOX HOLY SATURDAY
National be kind to Lawyers Day
International Moment of Laughter Day

15 ORTHODOX EASTER He is Risen, Alleluia!

Income Tax Deadline Day (US)
16 ORTHODOX EASTER MONDAY
Feast of St. Bernadette, patron saint of shepherds, witness of miracle of Fatima
World Grits Day (IS IT FAIR that she gets TWO DAYS for herself this month?!) 
Husband Appreciation Day
Teach your daughter to volunteer
17 Ellis Island Family History Day/Family History Day
National Stress Awareness Day
18 International Amateur Radio Day
Wear your P.J.s to work day
Stress Awareness Day
Rekindle your romance day
Adult Autism Day
19 Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) [Tear]
Commemoration of Alphege, Archbishop of Canterbury, Martyr (1012)
Oklahoma City Bombing Commemoration Day [Tear]
20 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELAINEC *****
Husband Appreciation Day
Hug an Australian Day
21 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, QLIB*****
Feast of St. Anselm, Bishop and Doctor
Secretary’s Day
Clergy Day
22 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THURIBLE*****
Earth Day / Arbor Day
“In God We Trust” Day
National Jelly Bean day
23 Feast of St. George, Martyr, and Patron Saint of England, patron of horses, equestrians, farmers, Boy Scouts, invoked against plague and leprosy
TALK LIKE SHAKESPEARE DAY!
Shakespeare’s Birth and Death
24 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WESLEY J*****
Feast of St. Adalbert, Bishop and Martyr,
Feast of St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen, Priest and Martyr
Class 2 Day for the Seven Martyred Melanesian Brothers (2003)
25 ANZAC DAY
Yom HaZikaron (Israel’s Memorial Day)
Feast of St. Mark, Evangelist
Red Hat Society Day
26 Yom HaAtzmaut (Israel’s Independence Day)
DOUBLE BIRTHDAY ! 
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SNOWGOOSE*****
***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMORYA *****
Hug an Australian Day
27 Arbor Day
National teach your children to save day
Feast of St. Zita, patroness of servants, housemaids, invoked to find lost keys
National Hairball Awareness Day
28 ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WELSH DRAGON *****
Penguin Day
Take your daughter or son to work day
Kiss Day / Kiss your Mate Day
Feast of Catherine of Siena, Virgin and Doctor of the Church, Patron of Europe
Puppetry Day (bring your sock puppets?)
Hairball Awareness Day
29 National Dance Day
30 Beltane
Walpurgis Night
Hairstylists Appreciation Day
National Honesty Day (aka Honest Abe Day)
Bugs Bunny Day
30-5/1 JUST PRAY NO! 
Worldwide Weekend of Prayer and Fasting 

[ 02. April 2012, 02:57: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
14th April is Vishu, the big Spring Festival in Kerala - lots of food and fireworks and then a bit more food.

We may eat a bit as well.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

LORDY, just realized today is a most special day in the annals of SHIP OF FOOLS. This slipped off my radar and birthday list for some reason.

In 1998 Ship of Fools was born as a newspaper. Those of us who have been here for a few years, may remember this.

SIMON, ANCIENT MARINER AND REV. GERALD need to be sent a thank you note.

So, Welease, please add to today. Thanks.

***** SHIP OF FOOLS FOUNDED 1998 *****

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It is done.

--------------------

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
HAPPY BOIFFDAY to Jalove!

(Miss, miss, I done and cleaned me brayne out all by meself wiff d toilet brush before I kame here, so I kan giv you a boiffday hug.)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jahlove}}}}}}}}}}}}}} [Axe murder]

(a very proud,)
Pooks xoxo

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(blinks down at info line in post)

I missed it, but apparently this March I turned over one decade as a Shipmate. [Tear]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

You poor thing, that could explain a lot.

- - - -

Sorry, I meant: Congratulations!!

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Don't feel sorry for us, Welease, just treat us like the old, well worn chair in the corner full of wisdom and comfort. [Snigger]

I calculate I'm over 13 years and counting on the old boards. I hope one day you will be able to say the same. [Biased]

[Axe murder] and saintly hugs,

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

MacGyver's Apprentice is having a birthday.
Have a great day. MA!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

... and today is the 30th anniversary of my baptism!
(Well today in the UK, that is...)

[ 11. April 2012, 02:53: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and the birthday of HWMBO! 43 today - Happy Birthday Sweetness!

[editing my own terrible coding!]

[ 11. April 2012, 03:20: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Big Grin] Another Child of the Revolution! Right on!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just missed my eighth Ship birthday. Thanks everyone.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

OH PHOOEY, PHOOEY and DOUBLE PHOOEY, I missed
Talk like Shakespeare day [Mad]

But today is Snowgoose and Amorya's birthday, so I have reason to celebrate! [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]
Have a wonderful birthday!

[Axe murder]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
# 54

Sorry, one day off!

TOMORROW IS SNOWGOOSE AND AMORYA'S BIRTHDAY,

Just jumping the gun because I can't read a calendar.

[Confused]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016