homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Free tickets

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Free tickets
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have carelessly acquired a pile of BBC tickets for the next few weeks. I applied for two tickets for a load of things, reckoning I'd get the odd one or two, if that, as on previous showings, and got nearly all of them. The idea was my daughter would come down for the weekend to see something and do a few things, but 3 weekends running is a bit much.

These are tickets to the recordings for shows, mostly radio 4, and the BBC over allocates because they have 40% take up on many of these free tickets, so if interested you would have to be there early to make sure you get in, and I want to go, so there's only one spare ticket to anything. These are all in London and at the BBC Studios in Portland Place unless otherwise stated. You get to sit in a cafeteria/bar to wait, overlooking the news room.

The dates and times are:

Friday 9 November at 7:30pm, but to get a seat 6pm - good comedian with a stand up show and guests - nominated comedians from the Fringe (saw him last night) show going out in January.

Sunday 11 November at 7:30pm at the Soho Theatre, but will need to be there at 5:45pm - pilot TV(?) show that may never go out, may be filmed.

Tuesday 13 November at 7:30pm need to be there for 6pm - radio comedy show with a panel - there have been several series of this show already.

Saturday 17 November at 11:00am need to be there for 9:15am (ulp) - Radio 3 programme, but the most amazing people taking part.

pm me if you're interested in any of these to organise meeting up.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
and Sunday 25 November doors open 6:15pm, recording starts 7:30pm

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

And Wednesday 28 November admission on site from 5:45pm, recording from 7pm.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Tonight's free ticket is to the pilot show of a series that Sandi Toksvig and Susan Calman are hoping to run. It is called Sandi and Susan Set You Right. You've got about 15 minutes to contact me on line (or longer if you have my mobile number) if you want to come along. Will need to be in Soho at about 5:45pm to meet.

[ 11. November 2012, 13:19: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That sounds like a great show...wish I was nearer!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Saturday morning's tickets are to The Forum, a World Service programme on the subject of listening and is part of the 90th anniversary celebration for the BBC

The Sandi Toksvig and Susan Calman show looked promising. They worked well together and it could be an interesting partnership if they are commissioned.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Does anyone want to see I've never seen Star Wars recorded on Sunday 25 November? I suspect, but can't promise, that the guest* could be Dave Gorman - just because I seem to be stalking him currently. (I've seen him in It's not what you know and The Infinite Monkey Cage in the last couple of weeks)

Tuesday 27 I have a spare ticket see the Penny Dreadfuls record a show on Hereward the Wake to go out on Boxing Day, if anyone wants to come along.

Wednesday 28 I now have tickets to two back to back shows

Saturday 1 December a spare ticket to see Stephen K Amos and guests.

I think they run out soon - but there's one or two shows I haven't heard about that I applied for a while ago.

* I applied for Dave Gorman and Meera Syal as guests in November when the names were up, and deliberately not Jim Davidson, but there's no guarantee that
1. I've remembered correctly, and
2. that the programme hasn't changed.

Please pm me if you're interested in any of these.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

It was Meera Syal in I've never seen Star Wars and very good it was too [Big Grin]

In addition to the post above, I have tickets to:

Friday 7 December 15 minute musical

Sunday 9 December I've Never Seen Star Wars

Wednesday 12 December It's not what you know

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016