homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Dirty Doggies (was: Here's another one for Matthew 25.) (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Dirty Doggies (was: Here's another one for Matthew 25.)
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"I engaged in goofy domination play and you sent me to the fucking gas chambers."

OK, first of all, leave aside the obvious hateful attitude applicable to humans in this action. What kind of moron in this day and age does not know that dogs will hump anything that stands still enough to allow it?

And why should the sex of the humping object make a difference to us, if a table leg will do just fine, in a dog's mind?

And I'm sorry, I'm an animal person-- this pisses me off. I know, I know there are thousands of things done to humans on a daily basis that should concern me more, But I despise people who treat animals like an accessory. If you're not willing to do research about behavior, if you are gonna give up the minute the dog doesn't fit with some sort of Jack London fantasy you have dreamed up, have the decency to keep the hell away from animals altogether. Many, many plushies in the world are looking for love.

Kelly// please don't send me furry pics.

[Here's another one for Matthew 25.]

[ 13. February 2013, 00:13: Message buggered about with by: comet ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While I share your anger, mine ends up being directed at the idea that being gay is sufficient grounds for being killed. Or at least left totally defenseless.

Because you know people who think like that would happily do the same to human beings if they could.

[ 31. January 2013, 23:23: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jon in the Nati
Shipmate
# 15849

- Posted      Profile for Jon in the Nati   Email Jon in the Nati   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A dog wants to do three things with any given item it comes across:

1- Eat it.
2- Have sex with it.
3- Pee on it.

Anyone who doesn't understand that doesn't know dogs. These people are beyond stupid.

--------------------
Homer: Aww, this isn't about Jesus, is it?
Lovejoy: All things are about Jesus, Homer. Except this.

Posts: 773 | From: Region formerly known as the Biretta Belt | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
While I share your anger, mine ends up being directed at the idea that being gay is sufficient grounds for being killed. Or at least left totally defenseless.

Because you know people who think like that would happily do the same to human beings if they could.

It's just one link in that whole Masters of Creation, patriarchal, "God Said we can dictate how everything else goes, be it human sexual behavior or freaking dog instincts." From managing to micro-managing. How futile and arrogant is it to expect a dog not to hump stuff? How far into Crazytown have you wandered when you tell yourself that is a reasonable expectation?

Also (ironically) I figured focusing on the animal care issue would make it less horsey.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's just a disgusting story. Some people have no business owning animals.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon in the Nati:
A dog wants to do three things with any given item it comes across:

1- Eat it.
2- Have sex with it.
3- Pee on it.

Anyone who doesn't understand that doesn't know dogs. These people are beyond stupid.

Our Labrador used to lie in front of the fire. He never tried to put it out. Explain.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Tragic disconnect from primal instincts brought on by overdomestication.

--------------------

Sergius-Melli
Shipmate
# 17462

- Posted      Profile for Sergius-Melli   Email Sergius-Melli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For dog lovers everywhere (or at least inthe UK). There was a really good programme on ITV last night 'The Secret Lives of Dogs' (alas not telling me what dogs get up to when I go shopping).

Ths is the link on ITV website but I'm not sure whether there is an 'iplayer' stykle watchy thingy-ma-bob for it.

Was very good - made me laugh, made me cry.

As for the brainless twit in the article - hmmm... the less said the better, or my blood pressure might skyrocket.

Posts: 722 | From: Sneaking across Welsh hill and dale with a thurible in hand | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Tragic disconnect from primal instincts brought on by overdomestication.

And the complete lack of understanding of the instincts remaining by many "animal lovers."
This story angers me in at least three different ways.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gramps49
Shipmate
# 16378

- Posted      Profile for Gramps49   Email Gramps49   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We had a dog who would mount another male if he had the chance, but it had to do with dominance, no more than that. He was much more interested in females.

The dog in question is now adopted out.

[ 03. February 2013, 06:07: Message edited by: Gramps49 ]

Posts: 2193 | From: Pullman WA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
There are plenty of mammals, including giraffes, dolphins and bonobos, an ape species closely related to chimps and humans, that have gay sex for pleasure, according to the book “Biological Exuberance” by Bruce Baghemi.
I've never heard of this before.

Is it true?

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes that really is his name.

Fly Safe, Pyx_e.

(also doing a slight facepalm at how much of the con evo line ES has swallowed)

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
quote:
There are plenty of mammals, including giraffes, dolphins and bonobos, an ape species closely related to chimps and humans, that have gay sex for pleasure, according to the book “Biological Exuberance” by Bruce Baghemi.
I've never heard of this before.

Is it true?

Yes. Try reading wikipedia on bonobo chimpanzees

Homosexual behavior has been observed in most mammals.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
Yes that really is his name.

Fly Safe, Pyx_e.

(also doing a slight facepalm at how much of the con evo line ES has swallowed)

Fuck you too you miserable sinner.

Which con evo line would that be?

That homosexuality is common in the animal world?

Never heard of it. Pray enlighten me rather than taunt me.

quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
Yes. Try reading wikipedia on bonobo chimpanzees

Homosexual behavior has been observed in most mammals.

Penis fencing ain't homosexual behavior (that's all I can see from that wiki page). It's "my dick is bigger than your dick" talk.

Got anything else?

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Try this book.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to remember that giraffes are particularly chronic when it comes to homosexual sex. Something like 90% of their activity.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What is this crazy freakin story .
Tweakin the heart strings of animal lovers, while simultaneously stoking the gay and euthanasia debate.

We people are not like our animal brethren due to the abnormal development of our brains. Derived from the animal kingdom yes, display some animal characteristics yes , but 'beasts of the field' not.

If some dickhead wants to get rid of his dog cos he thinks its behaving in a way he doesn't want then big shit.
How many dogs are destroyed daily for the simple reason that no bugger wants them ?

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Then that should be part of your outrage, not mollify it.
As I recall, your book puts you in stewardship of the animals. Pretty poor fucking stewards.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
Try this book.

Interesting.

Spent some time skimming it and founds lots of playing but no fucking.

You?

quote:
I seem to remember that giraffes are particularly chronic when it comes to homosexual sex. Something like 90% of their activity.

Playing or fucking?

[ 03. February 2013, 13:05: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Male giraffes have been observed to engage in remarkably high frequencies of homosexual behavior. After aggressive "necking", it is common for two male giraffes to caress and court each other, leading up to mounting and climax.
(bold mine)
So, yeah, fucking.

Read the examples, plenty of actual sex.

[ 03. February 2013, 13:15: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course, with competent psychiatric help these poor animals can be taught to be heterosexual again.*

This article might be informative Evensong.

Another reference, but you will have to buy the book.

Bravely marching forward against empirical evidence armed with nothing but bad logic and hopeful thinking.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To rolyn. It doesn't take one to be sentimental about animals or even like them to see the significance for our society of animal abuse, and the desirability of taking it seriously. It only takes a bit of common-sense and emotional intelligence.

We don't write off mugging because murder exists. It's simply illogical to say abuse of one animal is 'big shit' because it's happening every day to countless animals.

In fact, this being true, it's clear this idea that human beings are the superior creature seems debateable, at leasr.

As for same-sex activity in other animals. Thank goodness for natural history programmes which have surely put the nail in the coffin to the old 'it's not natural' argument.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ES, there is a perspective from some con evos (that in my opinion borders on homophobia) which would put forward the (stupid) premise that Homosexual practise is a SIN because it is UNATURAL and in the whole of NATURE only SINFUL people (men) do IT.

Which is so untrue as to be risible. Which means it is either said out of wilful ignorance or petty wickedness. Or a sort of cute naivety which would be funny if it weren’t used to ruin people’s lives.

Fly Safe, Pyx_e.

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
To rolyn. It doesn't take one to be sentimental about animals or even like them to see the significance for our society of animal abuse, and the desirability of taking it seriously. It only takes a bit of common-sense and emotional intelligence.

We're in Hell . So I blow off at link that looks suspect, and indeed just a little bit crap IMO

I can assure you Anselmina I possess sufficient emotion to know that animal 'abuse' per sa is wicked and wrong . The humane putting down of an animal , for whatever the reason, is not.

As for same-sex activity in other animals. Thank goodness for natural history programmes which have surely put the nail in the coffin to the old 'it's not natural' argument.

And thank goodness I've spent enough time working on farms to know all about same sex activity among animals, dairy cows in particular.

Just for the record I am not a Christian who goes around telling consenting folk what their supposed to be doing in their private lives, whether it be inside or outside marriage.
If men and women want to hump eachother -fine, if men want to hump eachother -fine, if women want to hump eachother -fine.
If fact I think such things are rather pleasant when there occur in an environment of dignity , discretion and decorum .

I won't say there isn't a grumbling homophobe lurking in me somewhere , why this should be I don't know. Conditioning maybe ?

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never really understood the 'it happens in nature so it's ok'-type argument that is rolled out sometimes in defence of homosexuality. I can see how it's an instinctive response to anyone who says 'homosexuality is unnatural' but I don't sit naked in a tree all day so why should my morals be influenced by what a monkey does or does not do? Isn't mankind on a higher plane than that?
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

So, you are ashamed of how God made you? How did he cock it up?
Arousal is a mindset, not a measure of exposed flesh.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
I've never really understood the 'it happens in nature so it's ok'-type argument that is rolled out sometimes in defence of homosexuality.
It isn't.The argument counters (not precceds) the "it's not natural one." Like I said in my last post. Idiot.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
playing but no fucking.

The most enjoyable fucking is that which is preceded by lots of playing.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

Chicken and egg, surely. Exposed flesh conditions my mindset. Even at my ancient age. certainly did when I was pre-teen.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
What is this crazy freakin story .
Tweakin the heart strings of animal lovers, while simultaneously stoking the gay and euthanasia debate.

We people are not like our animal brethren due to the abnormal development of our brains. Derived from the animal kingdom yes, display some animal characteristics yes , but 'beasts of the field' not.

If some dickhead wants to get rid of his dog cos he thinks its behaving in a way he doesn't want then big shit.
How many dogs are destroyed daily for the simple reason that no bugger wants them ?

<my italics> Is that deliberate or just unfortunate?

As for the "We aren't like other animals" argument, a lot of vanity is in there. To add a hostly tangent there's almost as much as there is Dead Horse material on this thread, so be careful.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
quote:
playing but no fucking.

The most enjoyable fucking is that which is preceded by lots of playing.
[Big Grin] Can't argue with that.

Also, the "playing" bit that leads to fucking, in mammals, serves the function of learning about that partner. It's an important part of pair-bonding.

Dogs, I think, are a different story to the giraffes--their variety of play-humping seems to be more about "who's my bitch!" than erotic connection. The way giraffes and penguins go at it, it seems to be more obviously about pair-bonding. Even if only seasonal pair-bonding.

Back to the OP--

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:

Then why make the big announcement at the dog shelter? Why not just drop the dog off and express general regrets about the dog not fitting one's lifestyle or whatever?

And for me- well there is a larger animal behavior question aside for the gay humping. I presume the same dog straight humping in public would pose certain problems, too, especially if the dog owner protests. So the question is-- if you have acquired a dog, and it is exhibiting a social behavior that is not appropriate to most situations, WHO'S FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY IS IT TO CHANGE THAT????

I think masturbation is normal, healthy and arguably a gift from God to some of us. But if my seven year old kid started whacking off in public, I would take him/ her home and gently explain how I believe all of the above, but we just don't whack off in public, treasure, because it's private and stuff. Because I would be the parent in that situation. I wouldn't drop down to Family Services and snarl "trade this little pervert in!" My kid, my job to train her.

And I know, kids aren't dogs, but when you decide to keep a pet, you do need to take responsibility for acting like its master.

[ 03. February 2013, 18:34: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

Chicken and egg, surely. Exposed flesh conditions my mindset. Even at my ancient age. certainly did when I was pre-teen.
Culture largely informs your mindest. For most westerners, a person walking down the beach in minimal swimwear might be sexy, the same person in underclothing of similar cut usually up the arousal level.
A different example: I was at the grocer's and noticed a person of average attraction (to me). When said person turned and walked way, the walk upped my level of interest considerably.
Totally in mind, not vision. And cultural context needed as the same walk elsewhere in the world would have been nothing special.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
And I know, kids aren't dogs, but when you decide to keep a pet, you do need to take responsibility for acting like its master.

Exactly. And, I would add, learn about animal behaviour. It is exactly that they are not children, and the failure to understand this, that some people cause behavioural issues with their animals.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

The way giraffes and penguins go at it.

That would be one hell of a wildlife documentary.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:

I've got all kinds of production ideas...

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

You two are messed. up.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:

I've got all kinds of production ideas...
Never mind that, what about the logistics? Are we moving penguins to Africa or giraffes to Antarctica?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe there are penguins at the Cape, so we just have to bus the giraffes from the Serengeti.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

Screw homosexuality, we need to stop this plague on the face of humanity.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Careful now, Tortuf, that legislator could easily be an SOF member, given some of the arguments I've read here.

ETA: If you screw homosexuality, does that make you homosexual yourself?

[ 03. February 2013, 21:15: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

I was screwing a concept.

Of course, one wonders what offspring might come from screwing with a concept.

Oh, I remember, religion.

orfeo

# 13878

That article is idiotic in its use of fictional examples. By the same logic, there's something wrong with laws that prevent people from recreating Mary Shelley's Frankenstein but I'm fairly fucking sure most places have rules against chopping up corpses and sewing pieces of them together.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:

Well play me, you're an idiot Evensong.

Because I'm well and truly homosexual, but I can count the number of times I've actually had full-on fuck in single digits. There are other ways to use a penis, you know.

And next you're going to tell me that lesbianism doesn't exist because there isn't anything to insert anywhere. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Bostonman
Shipmate
# 17108

- Posted      Profile for Bostonman   Email Bostonman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

To be fair, the law is pretty clearly intended to prevent Neanderthal DNA from being synthesized and borne by a human woman, something which (believe it or not) has been in the news recently. The media stuff is overblown, but it's a.real possibility.
Posts: 424 | From: USA | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

The real news story. But, of course, this is not the version the Mail would print.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bostonman:
quote:

To be fair, the law is pretty clearly intended to prevent Neanderthal DNA from being synthesized and borne by a human woman, something which (believe it or not) has been in the news recently. The media stuff is overblown, but it's a.real possibility.
In which case, the proposed laws should say human and non-human species. Otherwise someone will argue that a Neanderthal is no more or less an "animal" than we are.

As to the OP, that's a guy who's pretty efficient with his assholery. Most people require completely separate scenarios to practice their homophobia on the one hand and their animal cruelty on the other, but this guy found a way to combine the two! Very efficient, but also kinda makes him easier to spot as an asshole.

And, yes, dumping a dog at a shelter is animal cruelty. Your dog sees you as its family. It causes emotional damage to a pet to abandon it like that.

The adopting person was very clever with the name Elton! And it's such a cute dog.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
ES, there is a perspective from some con evos (that in my opinion borders on homophobia) which would put forward the (stupid) premise that Homosexual practise is a SIN because it is UNATURAL and in the whole of NATURE only SINFUL people (men) do IT.

Which is so untrue as to be risible. Which means it is either said out of wilful ignorance or petty wickedness. Or a sort of cute naivety which would be funny if it weren’t used to ruin people’s lives.

Fly Safe, Pyx_e.

Thank you for the explanation.

Fortunately or unfortunately I only know two con evos in real life. I've had a very sheltered MOTR Anglican existence.

And I apologize for the harsh language in my previous post. It came out too strong. [Hot and Hormonal]

(can I blame the fact that I recently had to write an essay arguing FOR penal substitution according to Calvin's Institutes because I was a naughty girl and disagreed with it? *sigh*)

quote:
quote:

Well play me, you're an idiot Evensong.

Because I'm well and truly homosexual, but I can count the number of times I've actually had full-on fuck in single digits. There are other ways to use a penis, you know.

And next you're going to tell me that lesbianism doesn't exist because there isn't anything to insert anywhere. [Roll Eyes]

IMO, there is a spiritual difference between playing and penetration.

For example, if my husband ever received head from someone other than myself, I may (eventually) be able to forgive him.

If he penetrated a man or woman, I would be filing for divorce the next day.

(God forbid it ever happens......I can't imagine the pain.... [Frown] )

As for the question of lesbianism - good point. Haven't thought about it much.

But the question raised for me was more a point of sacramental theology (as how relates to the natural world and evolutionary biology .) I've got Aquinas spinning in my head these days.......

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
IMO, there is a spiritual difference between playing and penetration.

There may well be, and if you're worried about the immortal souls of giraffes then I applaud you. But it didn't require penetration to make me gay, did it?

I'm homosexual because members of my own sex are the ones who sexually excite me. I'm gay because a glimpse of Brad Pitt's jawline will arouse me far more than a sight of Angelina Jolie's leg (though she does have a very nice leg). I'm queer because a kiss from another male has the capacity to seriously turn me on.

I remain constantly mystified by the reduction of sexuality by some people to an actual specific sex act. And you weren't one of the people I expected it from, frankly.

I grant you, in the case of animals we can't obtain their own reports about what aroused them and have to rely on observation. But the idea that arousal only counts as sexual if there's insertive intercourse to go with it is just freaking bizarre. It ignores the experience of every single teenager who wanted to 'do it' before they ever 'did it'. It says that every person who looked at another person and went weak at the knees with desire wasn't actually having some indication of their sexual preferences. The arousal is the motivation for the subsequent behaviour, isn't it? ISN'T IT??

No?

All of the accusations about homosexuals being wildly promiscuous suddenly make sense now, because apparently my ability to notice an attractive guy from a distance and get a bit aroused by the sight of him before ever touching him, therefore giving me the desire to touch him, is totally abnormal. It appears that heterosexuals walk around in a state of complete sexual naivety until a couple of bodies accidentally bump into each other.

[ 04. February 2013, 11:00: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:

I remain constantly mystified by the reduction of sexuality by some people to an actual specific sex act. And you weren't one of the people I expected it from, frankly.

Dude. You've got me totally wrong.

I'm not thinking about what you're thinking about. I'm not thinking about the immortal soul of giraffes. I'm thinking more about Aquinas.

Best to ignore me.

[ 04. February 2013, 11:11: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Best to ignore me.

Now, there's a prime candidate for someone's signature! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016