homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Negotiating a Treaty with Hull

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Negotiating a Treaty with Hull
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Comrades, for too long we have suffered under the dominion of Hull. The accursed domain, that city of evil, that place of inequity burns tonight.

All the Hullians stand with wonder,
What is this that comes to pass:
Murm'ring like the distant thunder,
Crying, "Oh alas, alas."
Swell the sound, ye kings and nobles,
Shipmates, people, rich and poor;
Hull is fallen, is fallen, is fallen,
Hull is fallen, to rise no more.

My fellows, the War on Hull BEGINS! Use any methods you can to overrun their dark domain; leave that foul city a smoking ruin in your wrath. We brave souls of the Velodrome shall overcome the walls of Hull, and shall purge it of its foul miasma. Any way you see fit to cut down Hull so it never rises again shall be amply rewarded.

TO ARMS!

[ 13. February 2013, 01:09: Message buggered about with by: Ariston ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You do realise that a good number of Adm1ns are former Hellh0sts, right? If you were serious about this 'war' then it would be the easiest thing in the world for me to just close your playground down completely.

I'm not talking about the "nuclear option" here, I'm talking about the "Death Star" option.

Still wanna tangle? [Snigger]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Get a room, you two...
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
MtM,

I am so disappointed, he is not that difficult to handle. Threaten to cut off his greasepaint and floppy shoe allowance and he'll fall right in line.
Besides, you lot created the wee beastie.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody Hell! I never post there.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
... purge it of its foul miasma....

That's no way to talk about Marvin's aftershave.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You told me it smelled sexy-good [Waterworks]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
You do realise that a good number of Adm1ns are former Hellh0sts, right?

I think that's what he's counting on. He just doesn't realise that Hull h*sting results in chronic Stockholm syndrome.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You told me it smelled sexy-good [Waterworks]

Potayto, potahto. It's nobody's business what foul miasmas I find sexy-good.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You do realise that a good number of Adm1ns are former Hellh0sts, right? If you were serious about this 'war' then it would be the easiest thing in the world for me to just close your playground down completely.

I'm not talking about the "nuclear option" here, I'm talking about the "Death Star" option.

Still wanna tangle? [Snigger]

. . .
This is probably a sign that I should take my strategic gains and start negotiating a peace treaty, isn't it?

Allright, let's talk terms. On behalf of the Velodrome, I'm willing to personally repair all damage done to Hull—and I do mean all damage—in exchange for a lasting truce. Furthermore, if comet is willing to come down here and admit what is obviously true, that the Velodrome/Circus is far superior to Hull/Hell, then I will guide and watch over whatever thread she or one of her colleagues chooses until its natural death, no matter how soul-crushing, will-to-live sucking, or eye-bleedingly awful.

All serious counteroffers are welcome.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
in your dreams, clown-boy.

NEVER SURRENDER!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yup, on behalf of the Hull Liberation Front, I inform les cyclistes that The Struggle continues*.

*albeit by other means, like snarky posts in The Styx.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016