homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Perfidious Albion (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  54  55  56 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Perfidious Albion
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Greetings to all the folks from Greater Britain and Hibernia - I am not staying up until 05.30 tomorrow morning to start your new thread as you pass into the New Year so here it is rather more than 12 hours early.

Enjoy.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One of my Dad's favourite sayings! (Background story for another day and probably Another Place.)

Thank you, Wodders. And a Happy New Year to one and all - as midnight winds its way around the globe, let's hope for a merciful dawn.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
birdsoftheair
Shipmate
# 15219

- Posted      Profile for birdsoftheair     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
One of my Dad's favourite sayings! (Background story for another day and probably Another Place.)

Thank you, Wodders. And a Happy New Year to one and all - as midnight winds its way around the globe, let's hope for a merciful dawn.

Amen to that!
adding my wishes for a more hopeful new year for all.

Posts: 1069 | From: under 180 degrees of sky | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And a bloomin' happy New Year to all of you from me too.
Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Didn't recognise you at first with the new avatar, Amber.

Happy New Year to all the denizens of this thread, those who live here and all the expats.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Blwyddyn newydd dda, i chi i gyd, as we say around here

[ 31. December 2011, 19:31: Message edited by: Trisagion ]

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please translate the Welsh, Trisagion.

Thanks,
Gwai
All Saints Host

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Whoops. First hastily bollocking of 2012 - or, more accurately, the last of 2011.

Happy New Year to all.

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year fellow Brits! Race you to 2012, at least I'll get there an hour before those of you back in Blighty. (OK I know some of you are already in the new year, yes I'm looking at you WW!)

[ 31. December 2011, 21:42: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And my best wishes for 2012 from the most perfidious (south) part of Albion.
And be it known that in Greenwich we have the One True Time. Just over one hour of 2011 left.
Surely nothing more can go wrong in just one hour?
May 2012 be a blessing to you.

Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Blimey, Wodders, that was quick ... [Big Grin]

We're not quite there yet although a few premature fireworks have been set off (it's about quarter to nine here), but as we're going out with friends to take in the New Year I'll pass round my virtual bottle of Famous Grouse* now and wish everyone back home all the best.

[Smile]

* or other beverages of choice, obviously

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year and may God bless all who sail in her!

Only one mile from Greenwich here but spent most of the last X hours in the pub having desperate fun with the diverse local community.

My liver wants the party to end, my backbrain demands another pint, and the sensible bit of my head wibbles.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It rained all day yesterday - it was overcast during the morning walk and spitting a little then when we got home it got serious and rained non-stop until dusk - further south in the state there were floods. Today not a cloud in the sky, bright sunshine, glorious day. Being tropical and coastal such changes are always possible.

We were visited by a party of kids last night all dancing and singing and wishing us a happy new year - two fifteen year olds shepherding a younger gang around, going down to about aged 9 years. All boys, of course, as here girls aren't allowed out in the evening, and certainly not in the company of boys!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Quiet and peaceful New Year's Eve. Church bells started ringing changes at around half eleven then the fireworks broke out at midnight. The rowdy night I thought one of my neighbours was going to have took place elsewhere, the neighbour is moving out soon, and the new series of Sherlock is on tonight. [Yipee]

Heavy rain is forecast for today, but plenty of good things indoors to do instead, and the first is going to be potato cakes for breakfast. So a great start to the New Year so far, hope yours is good too!

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The New Year managed to come without me waiting up for it. When I woke up at 6.30 am, it was here! [Biased]

(But other people's lovely fireworks woke me on the dot of midnight, but not sure if that counts!

But happy New Year to all on this thread, and I too missed you Amber, as you've changed your avatar!! But delighted to see you, whatever you look like!

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jabber
Shipmate
# 9668

- Posted      Profile for Jabber   Email Jabber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had a good evening out at a friends house, but were home by 11pm as the small one wasn't overly settled in an odd bedroom. I was all tucked up before midnight (as was the small one) but woken by fireworks too.

We are now just off for a (hopefully) refreshing walk.

Posts: 153 | From: North West England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just enjoying things getting back to 'normal' after a fortnight of over-indulgence. I've just put the washing on and done the ironing and am thinking of settling down either with a good book or some knitting. A nice cosy start to the New Year.

Hope everyone else's New Year's are off to a good start.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some rather good fireworks on the other side of the valley at midnight, otherwise pretty quiet. Small numbers in churh this morning though.

I'v got a couple of booklets of Cornish phrases, so apologies to Morlader if it's wrong - Bledhen Nowyth Da - Happy New Year, as we've already had it in Welsh!

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
birdsoftheair
Shipmate
# 15219

- Posted      Profile for birdsoftheair     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No fireworks here and a quiet night all round. When we lived in Stromness (look here if interested) we were awoken by the Hamnavoe ferry sounding its very loud horn repeatedly at midnight [Eek!]

Today, I actually tried to go to kirk but it was closed due to lack of interest. [Disappointed]

Right now I'm feeling very decadent as I'm eating Orkney icecream with Balileys! Ask nicely and I might find some to share.

Posts: 1069 | From: under 180 degrees of sky | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Serves you right for living in Stromness, doesn't it? [Devil]

Yes please to Orkney ice-cream and Bailey's ... nom nom nom.

Enjoyable dinner last night with friends (although as the restaurant was very busy, we had a long wait for our food, but it was worth it).

I'm off to have a Sunday afternoon kip now before the carol service this evening.

sleepy piglet [Snore]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Afternoon kip?

But you are but a young whippersnapper, you shouldn't be thinking about afternoon naps until you are at least, erm, 60!

Pete and I were wondering yesterday how we managed all those years of not having daytime naps 5 days a week as we were working. Mind you one of my colleagues papered over the glass panels in his office door and we swear he napped every afternoon, after lunch.

But as I was but 48 when I retired I suppose I really shouldn't say too much.

- - - -

Pete was nearly mowed down by a couple of Muslim girls on bikes this morning - they came round a downhill bend and there he was in the middle of the road and they were going too fast to go round him on the official side so had to pass by on the other side, shouting "Hi, uncle" as they went.

Early morning Qur'an class restarted this morning, as did most of the local schools so even the paper boys were around a bit earlier - and the 10th Standard kids only have two months left before the big exams!

--------------------

Jabber
Shipmate
# 9668

- Posted      Profile for Jabber   Email Jabber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would heartily recommend afternoon kips if possible, but that might have something to do with being pregnant and running round after a toddler...

It's a lovely day here, so I think we might have to take a trip out to the park, but I'll just have another cup of tea first.

Who else needs a cuppa?

Posts: 153 | From: North West England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll join you in a cuppa!

Lovely day here too, but I don't think I am that far from you. Lousy day yesterday - only people I saw were similarly dripping wet dog walkers! [Frown]

Lots of people out today, feeding the already overfed ducks and gulls. Seems the sun is noticeably stronger now.

Or am I just an optimist? [Smile]

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely sunny day here too, but probably best not to do too much, as I go back to work tomorrow, which means getting up before dawn and travelling home in the dark for the next few days, with daylight really only at lunchtime. This break has been good: I didn't expect it to be as enjoyable as it was.

It really feels as if spring is on its way today - glorious sunshine and you almost expect to see flowers. I'm so grateful that this time, we haven't had a winter like the past two. I like winter but not when it comes to pavements covered with compacted ice, and a five-minute walk turns into a twenty-minute struggle to keep upright and not slip.

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

I hope we don't get snow and ice like the last two years! My new job is at an office which is approached down a very steep hill!

We were woken very early this morning by some odd noises - looked out of our window to see that a local pub at the bottom of the valley was going up in flames. Thankfully, no-one was living in it, buut the remains werer still steaming several hours later.

--------------------

Morlader
Shipmate
# 16040

- Posted      Profile for Morlader         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
?..
I'v got a couple of booklets of Cornish phrases, so apologies to Morlader if it's wrong - Bledhen Nowyth Da - Happy New Year, as we've already had it in Welsh!

Well ! Good on you for trying. Writing Cornish raises hackles everywhere and I have to say you seem to have one of the more contentious spellings in your book. Have a look and see who the authors are.

In anycase, you have wished "Year New Good" in, I think, "Modern Cornish". "Lowen" is Happy ;-)

--------------------
.. to utmost west.

Posts: 858 | From: Not England | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes please Jabber - ginger and lemon tea would go down very well.

We got home from Heidelberg at lunchtime after an excellent overnight crossing and set to taking Christmas down - all is clear now.

Work tomorrow - first in my new job - eek!

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm here because I am procrastinating.

Yesterday I removes the strings from 3 guitars and a mandolin and has spent time polishing the frets and oiling the fretboards. The other 3 guitars and the banjo will have to wait. What I need is a guitar roadie to do the boring stuff like instrument maintenance so that I can do the enjoyable stuff like playing.

All I need to do now is remove excess oil before restringing and retuning the instruments. So that's the afternoon, and some of the evening sorted.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Over 60?....no
Pregnant?....absolutely not
Chasing after a toddler?.....sadly not at the moment

Having an afternoon nap?
YES!

Now, would anyone like a chocolate, there are...oh...four left?

( crumbs the box was massive, where've they all gone!)

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

No chocolate for me, thanks - I've just had a small bar of chikki, the local version of peanut brittle but generally a bit chewier.

Kids back at school today [as mentioned above] so some long faces today as their exam results start trickling in - poor lambs. At least they were only school exams preparing for the big ones in March.

Our 25 year old neighbour boy's leave is up and he is off back to Dubai and work in the morning - it has been great having him around for a few weeks and we will miss him when he has gone but at least with the internet and SMSing he will never be far away.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Balaam:
I'm here because I am procrastinating.

Me too. Though mine's a neuroscience assignment, which, from here, looks like a lot less fun than the work you're avoiding.

Anyone want a piece of my Wispa Gold? Quick, before I ....

Whoops,too late. [Disappointed] I am such a disappointment to myself.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And a Happy NewYear from Bethnei, too!

We actually saw in 2012 In northern Spain, twice....we were on a ship keeping English time, tied up to a Spanish dockside, so we had 2 New Years. Spanish fireworks followed by French champagne and English New Year. Was good!

New Year's Day was passed on the Bay of Biscay, where I'm sure that one or two people blamed Not Feeling Too Well on the bumpiness of the ocean (which it was, very!). I like a stormy sea, me!

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well there was I thinking the excesses were over - and I arrived to the office this morning to find a box of (very classy and rather expensive) chocolates on my desk from one of my bosses.

Who wants to help me share the box?

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy new year folks! We are still in Englandshire, but will return north tomorrow (along with the gale force winds, hooray). Today I have discovered that nowhere in the bit of rural-ish Herefordshire that we are currently in sells pants, although of the few shops that were open several sell socks and tights which is no good, don't they realise people are overrun with socks this time of year but Santa isn't so good in the pants department? Have had to resort to the outlaws' washing machine (it's a bit cold to go commando).

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

quote:
Originally posted by Balaam:
Yesterday I removes the strings from 3 guitars and a mandolin and has spent time polishing the frets and oiling the fretboards. The other 3 guitars and the banjo will have to wait.

And I though we were overun with musical instruments! Though we'e actually passed the harp (3 octave) to a young friend who's learning, and Darllenwr's passsed two guitars to another friend as he had a new 6 string last year, and is currently awaiting a new 12 string. Oh, and I sold the mandolin (just a cheap one) as neither of us was using it.

--------------------

angelica37
Shipmate
# 8478

- Posted      Profile for angelica37   Author's homepage   Email angelica37   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year to everyone, and it's back to reality tomorrow as I'm working and 3 out of the 4 schoolage offspring are going back. Still there are a few Christmas goodies left to eat and drink including two bottles of wine and a lot of cookies
Posts: 1351 | From: Suffolk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Was expecting a quiet day today, then a phone call from my friend to say 'will you come to Shopping Centre on the bus with me to pick up a buggy?' led to a fairly enjoyable day shopping with her (and small person) instead of lounging around at home. I forgot to go food shopping, which will annoy me tomorrow, but I did manage to get some new boots in the sale which I can wear to work and keep my feet warmer than shoes...
edit: how do you have cookies left? we made gingerbread ones, and they lasted less than 24 hours! Still got some christmas cake though. omnomnom.

[ 02. January 2012, 20:26: Message edited by: cheesymarzipan ]

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

For reasons I can't explain I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday; I haven't had two statutory holidays at New Year since I left Scotland.

Consequently, I've been a complete couch-piglet today and spent the whole day curled up in front of the Top Gear marathon on BBC Canada ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Somehow I got my left toe caught in my right trouser leg and tripped on the stairs yesterday, breaking my fall with my bad arm - it was a bit sore! It still is a bit sore so off to physio this afternoon but to the city this morning in search of little bits of not-that-complicated cable not available here.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Poor you, Wodders - if I didn't know you were TT I'd have said put more tonic in it ... [Big Grin]

Hope you haven't done any major damage.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:

Consequently, I've been a complete couch-piglet today and spent the whole day curled up in front of the Top Gear marathon on BBC Canada ... [Hot and Hormonal]

No need to blush about being a couch piglet - you deserve it. But Top Gear? Blush away!!

I am up earlier than expected - I set my alarm to continental time and forgot to re-adjust! Never mind, nice to have plenty of time for breakfast.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Wodders!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Lord, Wod!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was just thinking about Smudgie.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Are we not having a Scots' one, like we usually have had? It's better as it doesn't get so big and it's easier to get about it's different area. Please give us one.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh Wodders, silly sausage, get well soon. This penchant for comedy falls is most unbecoming (seriously though, hope it is fixed soon).

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bonne Année, tout le monde! (TR: Good Year Everybody)
Our visitors (with a very cat allergic but cat loving daughter) have just left. Lovely to see them - but lovely to be alone again. Said daughter decided to go down with a chest infection so was hacking and wheezing away all morning, inbetween cuddling cats. Yes, I know...but at 11 she's old enough to make her own decisions! (Somebody tell her parents, please...She is an over indulged only child.)

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A wheezy and snotty happy new year from darkest Surrey, where I'm meant to be back at work but in fact am sitting at home wrapped in comfy cardies and drinking lemsips. Sadly, both Macarius and I have been ill the whole holiday - I think it's about 20 years since I've been so ill for so long. Macarius looked at me a little while ago and said, 'You look awful'. Thanks, I love you too.

Aaaargh! I couldn't even ring the old year out/new year in and missed it terribly.

It's been a complete washout and now it's January.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm sorry you feel so awful, M. - I hope you feel better soon.

I dashed to the city, got exactly what I wanted remarkably quickly and dashed back again - I was home by 1 p.m.! Very successful little trip. We went out into town this afternoon which means I have had almost no nap time today so I think an early night is indicated.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Now I'm going to have an early night but I've just watched 2 Wallace & Gromit stories, including the one with the villainous penguin - well, we all know about them on the Ship, don't we?

Goodnight.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  54  55  56 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016