homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Yet another Hosting change! (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Yet another Hosting change!
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You thought Alan's threads would mark the end of this wacky period of change in the H&A ranks, didn't you?

You were wrong, mate.

Joining PeteC, Sioni Sais and comet in the new-look Hellhost team will be the one and only...

[Big Grin] orfeo [Big Grin]

Welcome to the team, my friend, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will offer a mass for your private intentions, Orfeo. May God have mercy on your soul.

[Biased]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome orfeo, to the glories of Hell.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome to the wondrous world of Hosting, orfeo. I reckon orfeo and the underworld has a kind of nice ring to it.

[Don't forget you'll need an infernal Hostly instrument - and Sioni has already acquired the Oddjob Bowler.]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's right folks. Orfeo's not just in the Underworld now. He's Management.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooo! Love the combustible avatar!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The arrival of the avatar is in fact coincidence, but a very happy one!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great avatar. Shit tag, though. Ship's Musical Counterpoint might have been closer to the mark.

BL. As hellish as I get.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats on the new avatar (love it!) and on the hosting gig. Don't get too singed. [Biased]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:

Ooh. I think I like it! Will keep that in mind.

The existing tag came from a Purgatory thread a few weeks ago that got rather Hellish and involved the word "Ignoramus" being thrown at me. I caught it and decided to keep it as a pet.

Psst. Everyone. It was BL who first told me about the Ship. So if this goes horribly wrong, it's all her fault. Okay? Ta.

[ 02. November 2012, 23:52: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome to the long hours and weeping and gnashing of teeth, orfeo! Oops, I mean, welcome to our new Host! [Biased]

I assume you've gotten comfy in the Hosts' Lounge? Brain bleach is there => and GIN and other delights are <= there.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
orfeo, congratulations!

wishing you all the best (whatever that can be in Hell...) [Biased]

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
and GIN and other delights are <= there.

Was. You need to go shopping again.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Niteowl:
Congrats on the new avatar (love it!) and on the hosting gig. Don't get too singed. [Biased]

Oh, he's not going to be singed. He will do the singe-ing. [Two face]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
and GIN and other delights are <= there.

Was. You need to go shopping again.
Oh, I don't know. [Angel] There are sekrit panels where a person might find just about anything. [Biased]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Like an escape route?

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Psst. Everyone. It was BL who first told me about the Ship. So if this goes horribly wrong, it's all her fault. Okay? Ta.

You seriously think I'm gonna take the rap if you fall on your face?
Grandmother. Suck. Eggs.

You're on your own, sweetcheeks.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good luck all and may I ask why marvin's name doesn't appear with the other evil despots/illuminaries.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
Good luck all and may I ask why marvin's name doesn't appear with the other evil despots/illuminaries.

The answer is here.

And I gather that is Mr Marvin to the likes of you and me.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

You seriously think I'm gonna take the rap if you fall on your face?
Grandmother. Suck. Eggs.

You're on your own, sweetcheeks.

You tell 'im, hon. [Big Grin]

Orfeo, I gotta say, there was a time, when you were a scrappy little newbie, that you really did put a bug up my ass. No, really. All that faux irritation I displayed in Hell? Wasn't really faux.

( [Biased] )

Now I can honestly say you are one of my favorite people on the Ship. With a straight face, even. It'll be great to call you a colleague. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good lord.

It truly is a new heavens and a new earth.

[Yipee]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good one.
Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Great avatar. Shit tag, though. Ship's Musical Counterpoint might have been closer to the mark.

I was going to sugest "Ship's Compulsive Lyre", but yours works too [Biased]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looking at the infernal hostly line-up, I was struck by the idea of PeteC as the patriarch of the underworld. Suddenly I feel the need to raid the mindbleach cupboard....

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:

The answer is here.

And I gather that is Mr Marvin to the likes of you and me.

I may be both blind and stupid but I could not find why Mr Marvin's name is not listed as a Styx host? If he's going to suffer, least he should get some glory.

[ 03. November 2012, 09:48: Message edited by: Patdys ]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alan (Alan Cresswell) isn't named as a Styx host either. (I'm just writing this one off as one of the mysteries of the Ship I don't know, but if it's important I'll no doubt find out in time.)

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
there are different roles under the admin banner. if I remember correctly, member admins are also styx hosts. but there are also host admins, tech admins, stuff like that.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
I could not find why Mr Marvin's name is not listed as a Styx host?

Alan and I Host the behind-the-scenes Hosts Board.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Devil]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

Thanks. I did actually wonder if your name was omitted by accident. Good luck hosting the unruly mob.., ahem hosting the hosts and admins.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

I'm still getting over the part where they forced me to wear an orange tutu while reciting Pam Ayres.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was the best bit! Nice legs.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm still getting over the part where they forced me to wear an orange tutu while reciting Pam Ayres.
No wonder they need to restock the GIN in the lounge.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trouble is, the GIN and the brain bleach are in nigh-identical bottles.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Trouble is, the GIN and the brain bleach are in nigh-identical bottles.

That explains a lot.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

oh please, you had a blast and you know it. nobody forced you to pirouette 6 times, dude, that was all you.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Look, all that gym work has to be good for something. Plus I felt it suited the poem's text.

--------------------

Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

A behind-the-scenes Hosts Board? It's a secret conspiracy, I tell you! How dare they? [Biased]

I'm going to enjoy seeing orfeo hosting Hell. Congrats, neighbour.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

quote:
Originally posted by Vulpior:
A behind-the-scenes Hosts Board? It's a secret conspiracy, I tell you! How dare they? [Biased]

Please don't fiddle back in time. There is unrest and unrest you know.
[Big Grin]

--------------------

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

What about the behind-the-behind-the-scenes-Hosts-Board-Board? That's where the real power lies ...

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's a welcome biscuit for you orefo.

[Biased] [Devil]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

'sokay, orfeo, some of us think of Orpheus when we read your name.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

[Yipee]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You don't like my biscuits??

In that case, I've baked you a cake.

[Angel]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
quote:

What about the behind-the-behind-the-scenes-Hosts-Board-Board? That's where the real power lies ...
Yeah, we even get to choose the new Archbishop of Canterbury [Paranoid]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
orfeo, you poor bastard.
And by that I mean ... Welcome [Big Grin]

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
quote:

Yeah, we even get to choose the new Archbishop of Canterbury [Paranoid]
How's that going? Did they end up deciding whether to keep Britney Spears on the shortlist?

EDIT: Damn. Wrong board. Damn damn damn.

[ 05. November 2012, 00:56: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fantastic avatar - good luck, orfeo! [Smile]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is great news

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016