homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Avengers assemble!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Avengers assemble!
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fiends! Hellions! Denizens! Lend me your pitchforks! We have nothing to lose but our brimstone!

The Circus Freaks have declared war on our toasty environs at a time when your modest (and cute) empress has to be away doing her Night Job™.

Gather your infernal weaponry (Sine, bring the forks) and let's take the battle to the big top! Stick to the ten commandments, obviously, but otherwise: let's rain some hellfire down!

DO IT FOR UNCLE PETE!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If we sneak in through Museum station, according to the 1867 map, we should catch them unawares.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Forget sneaking in, unless it's a prelude to pouring a large cauldron of molten metal over Ariston's head and then dropping the cauldron ON his head.

H&A Day is not about one H making a shitload of pointless work for another H, you little turd. I'm Orpheus. Not Sisyphus.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
H&A Day is not about one H making a shitload of pointless work for another H, you little turd. I'm Orpheus. Not Sisyphus.

See, this is what happens when you let Circus ****s have a taste of real power.

I think we may need to do a deep purge of a couple of boards after this. And to think we only just reindexed Oblivion [Frown] . Nobody will mind if a couple of dozen threads get "lost in transit", will they?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Way to value some of the other volunteers.
All you need is the cat to stroke...
With great power comes great deep purging... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Take off and nuke the website from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure...

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, I see this topic explains my puzzlement!! [Smile]

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Somebody should sent tomb notification of his Emergency Reactivation, then he could come and just eat them. True, he would then complain about difficulty digesting the artificial rubber noses, but that would be a form of Hellish reminiscence anyway.

It just occurred to me that almost nobody here knows what I'm talking about. Forget it: you're on your own, younglings.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alright, let's talk. We'll offer generous terms for your surrender. Very generous, under the circumstances.

PS: Hellions are scary!

[ 13. February 2013, 05:10: Message buggered about with by: comet ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
It just occurred to me that almost nobody here knows what I'm talking about. Forget it: you're on your own, younglings.

Whippersnappers!

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
Alright, let's talk. We'll offer generous terms for your surrender. Very generous, under the circumstances.

We will not rest until all Circus Freaks bow down to our superior might!

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hate to break it to ya, but there are no Circus freaks. It's the Velodrome. Get it right.

Comet, it makes your face turn green
Comet, it tastes like gasoline
Comet, it makes you vomit,
So get some Comet, and vomit today!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Hate to break it to ya, but there are no Circus freaks. It's the Velodrome. Get it right.

Circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus circus CIRCUS CIRCUS!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Hear the words of Saint Cyprian, verily the Words of Truth:

But are sincerity and truth preserved, when what is sincere is polluted by adulterous colours, and what is true is changed into a lie by the deceitful dyes of medicaments? Your Lord says, "Thou canst not make one hair white or black;" and you, in order to overcome the word of your Lord, will be more mighty than He, and stain your hair with a daring endeavour and with profane contempt. You even sin (oh, wickedness!) with your head, that is, with the nobler part of your body—and, in an evil foretaste of the future, you have made your hair the COLOR of FLAMES!

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

babycakes, mother nature and excellent genetics made my hair this color. I don't dye. I'm this gaw-jus naturally.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

So, basically, marked from birth with a sign of your Infernal Reward?

[ 13. February 2013, 06:10: Message buggered about with by: Ariston ]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Oh, and comet? I found the thread you've been looking for the whole time. Just get in line behind Kelly and lilBuddha.

[ 13. February 2013, 06:32: Message buggered about with by: Ariston ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(wanders out of line, following soap bubble.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where's a glue factory when you need one.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Board war over.

We won.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

In your dreams, snowball.

We'll settle this later. This time, it'll be personal.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Official Communique from the Directing Committee of the Hell Liberation Front

As a truce has been declared, the Hell Liberation Front is willing to decommission all its weapons, provided that the cyclists do the same and enter into a dialogue regarding the political status of Hell.

The Struggle continues!

A Spokesperson

Official Communique Ends

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Okay, let's talk terms, now that I'm done sticking my long hard rod in the glory hole so someone can blow on it.

First, on behalf of the Velodrome Legions, we offer to lay down our arms, or at least point them somewhere other than the Hull Liberation Front.

Second, there will be an exchange of embarrassing pictures between the principals of the Velodrome Legions and the HLF. Such exchange has already been negotiated by the Big United Nationalities Normalization Imperium (BUNNI), and will be executed with due alacrity.

Third, Hull admits defeat in the Velodrome's Holy War on Hull. Given the circumstances, it's not so much an admission as statement of fact. In return, the officers of the Velodrome Legion agree never to do dumb shit like that ever again.

Fourth, the Velodrome, her officers, and the members of her legions agree to recognize the legitimate spiritual authority of the duly elected Supreme Ship Pontiff, even if following her rule is entirely optional.

The following treaty void where prohibited by local law, subject to local gravity anomalies, and is known to the State of California to contain a substance that may cause birth defects.

[ 14. February 2013, 02:36: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Third, Hull admits defeat in the Velodrome's Holy War on Hull. Given the circumstances, it's not so much an admission as statement of fact.

in your dreams, pony-boy. we whupped your ass and you know it.
quote:
In return, the officers of the Velodrome Legion agree never to do dumb shit like that ever again.

good call. I'd hate to have to rub your nose in it again.
quote:
Fourth, the Velodrome, her officers, and the members of her legions agree to recognize the legitimate spiritual authority of the duly elected Supreme Ship Pontiff,

*makes the sign of the Stink Eye. Or cross, or whatever* go forth and sin no more, bruddah.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Third, Hull admits defeat in the Velodrome's Holy War on Hull. Given the circumstances, it's not so much an admission as statement of fact.

in your dreams, pony-boy. we whupped your ass and you know it.
I'm sorry, whose board got so utterly FUBAR'd that even the one doing the fucking felt kinda bad for inflicting it? Not mine, that's for sure!

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

the guilt is your weakness, padawan.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:
that even the one doing the fucking felt kinda bad for inflicting it?

Oh good. My chosen tactic had some success then.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
that even the one doing the fucking felt kinda bad for inflicting it?

Oh good. My chosen tactic had some success then.
lesson #1: never underestimate the nastiness of Hellhosts.

Depravity is our MO.

Fighting fair is for the weak.

We win.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hell got cleaned up faster. They definitely win [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But...did I miss the redecorating? *looks around*

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016