homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Bucket List - ideas and suggestions.

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Bucket List - ideas and suggestions.
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just found out that I'm getting to do one of the things that's right up there on my Bucket List .

Between December and February I'll be sailing around Cape Horn in a square-rigger [look look look, very exciting!] . I know the ship well, I've sailed a lot with them as a volunteer Bosun's Mate (that's where I've been since September, sailing from Southampton down to Cape Town, via Rio and some other random places - covered another Bucket List thing too, crossing the Equator by sea, all shriven and cleared by Neptune now [Smile] ), and that's what I'll be sailing as on that passage. I didn't think I'd get to go on that one, because loads of people put in for it, so I was thrilled to be chosen. It's a thing that was at the top of my list, that I never really thought I'd get to do.

It's made me think about other things I'd like to try. Maybe there're ways to do them - or maybe there're things I've not even thought about.

Now, a boring list thread would be both boring and listy. The Ship has a huge variety of random people who know and do all sorts of random things. Maybe people could suggest things they'd love to do and others could suggest how to go about doing them. For the record, another thing on my Bucket List is learning Ariel Silks. Any suggestions? I live in London - although I might be going back off to the middle of nowhere in Cornwall again to work on some boats there, if they have a job for me, but I did find a place that does classes. I can't afford them at the moment, but maybe I'll be able to afford them sometime... Anyone know more about this?

Anyone else got things on their Bucket Lists they'd like to share or got an idea for how one might accomplish those things? What things have you ticked off from your list?

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 - Drive a Lamborghini v. quickly on a race track. 2 - Go from my local airport to San Diego (Lindbergh Field) or Newport Beach (named after John Wayne, who kept a boat nearby) in a Flying Fortress and back. 3 - Go surfing in New Zealand and Australia. 4 - Go surfing in South Africa. 5 - Go surfing in Japan.

The last three would mean I have surfed five continents! I surfed at Sennen Cove in Cornwall, near Land's End, in 2007. I am taking a surfing safari to San Diego County this coming Friday! I learned to surf at age 18 in La Jolla: I was taught by Professor White, the fencing coach at UC San Diego and was on the surfing team at San Diego State, my alma mater.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really want to go helicopter skiing, and I seriously wonder if I'll ever get to it, in this 6th decade of life. Series of fractures, stiff in the morning, the bald the spot at the back of my head is trying to join the one in the front....

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Driven or flown, anyway! Must do the three remaining soon - time is ticking away!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Too morbid. Thread closed.

Ariel
Heaven ****. [Angel]

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016