homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » A most unusual Saturday afternoon

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: A most unusual Saturday afternoon
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A sixth form student, to whom I was recommended when I phoned the school to ask, and who has been helping me with sorting out things to shred recently, asked if I would like to attend a gig she and two others were doing. Her mother collected me in the car and, along with an aunt, a neighbour, another friend and one from Canada, we went to the village hall where it was being held. Tea and scones and chat, then the concert, with an interval with more tea and sandwiches! They were excellent, singing in close harmony and with several changes of costume to reflect the 1940s and 1950s, they were polished and a joy to listen to. They performed at the Air Show last year and I bet the thousands of people there were a most enthusiastic audience.

She is coming here again tomorrow to take on another task for me - peeling and cutting up a multitude of vegetables to make soup, so I'll ask her if I can post details of their web site.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It sounds a delightful afternoon. However, we don't encourage advertising in posts, however worthy the object. You could put a link in your sig, if you wish.

Also, what is the topic for discussion? Things you didn't expect from teenagers? Recreating popular music of the past? Pleasant afternoons vs other sorts of afternoon?

Firenze
Heaven Host

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Firenze
Thank you. Ah, yes, of course - I do not come to 'Heaven' often and had forgotten about the fact that giving a link for interest could be advertising!
And, yes, I didn't include a question. So this could either be deleted, [Smile] or, if you think it would be a good idea, it could be, 'Unusual, unexpected afternoons'? But I'm not good at starting things I'm afraid! [Smile]

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Perhaps some things just provoke a comment, rather than a discussion.

With that in mind, I'm starting a thread to accommodate such.

Firenze
Heaven Host

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is she as good at singing as she is at running the shredder? Last time I had a young person on my property, he was strimming the front garden which is mostly gravel, barring a small lawn on the side and next to the drive under the window of the front room. However, he is not a teenager but an underemployed 23-year-old father of one!

If there is one thing I detest it is doing my own gardening.

That said, can you PM me the website? Your young neighbour's musical group sounds fascinating.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK - this doesn't look like it's going anywhere. If you have random, particularly interesting thoughts of a Heavenly nature that you wish to share, please direct them to the newly created thread for that purpose. If you want to talk about your weekend, please find one of the chat threads in All Saints, or visit the cafe.

Many thanks,

Ariel
Heaven Host

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016