homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Asserting the equality of women's pee (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Asserting the equality of women's pee
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There we were in Heaven, having an interesting chat about making compost, and up comes the idea that women's urine is not suitable for activating a compost heap because our hideously dangerous hormones may contaminate the vegetables and affect some man's potency.

I am SICK AND TIRED of this bloody nonsense. If you men would just get a grip on yourselves and your desperate fear of women WE WOULD ALL BE A LOT BETTER OFF. These stupid idiot things men think up to restrict women's legitimate activities and assert that female bodies and their products are not as natural and normal as male bodies make me
[Projectile] [Projectile] [Projectile]

And I'm certainly going to carry on peeing on my own compost heap. Even if it does threaten some silly little man's precious and fragile masculinity.

FUCK OFF the whole lot of you

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Normally at about this point I make an excuse and head out to the garden (or the garage if it's raining) for a couple of hours.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<Pictures Chamois sitting on the compost heap happily having a pee .... >

erk!

[Paranoid]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by passer:
Normally at about this point I make an excuse and head out to the garden (or the garage if it's raining) for a couple of hours.

Could I join you? Asks he wistfully.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You could always apply Science!™ to your anger...

...and you'd find it likely that estrogenic hormones disrupt male (not just humans, or even mammals) endocrine systems through the water system, but that it's also likely that estrogenic hormones are rapidly destroyed by microbial action within temperate soils.

My advice would be to dig it well in during winter and spring, and wash all produce in fresh water.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:
Originally posted by passer:

Could I join you? Asks he wistfully.
But of course, Pete. I have a half dozen bottles of Abbot Ale, and we can pee out of the window - won't do any harm.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't remember being asked to eat anything from your garden.

However, if you do invite me to eat something from your garden, I would be glad to do so.

May I assume your compost heap is in a rather private area?

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll do you one more... you can come piss on my compost heap anytime you want! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:

...and you'd find it likely that estrogenic hormones disrupt male (not just humans, or even mammals) endocrine systems through the water system, but that it's also likely that estrogenic hormones are rapidly destroyed by microbial action within temperate soils.

If this is true (and I haven't the foggiest whether it is or not), then is just shows our superiority over the male species Chaomois. We're stronger. [Angel]

Unless of course, their hormones in their pee disrupts our endocrine systems......

[Paranoid]

....in which case the point seems rather moot.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Being a man, if I don't get a grip on myself when I pee, as Chamois suggest/demands, I might miss the compost heap entirely.
I can write my name on it, which women can't do.
If I eat beets first, I can write my name in neon.
If I drink enough water, I may be able to pee over the top of the compost heap.
Which women can't do, as far as I know.
My apologies to Marvin for pissing on this Hell thread.

[ 02. June 2012, 13:34: Message edited by: Silver Faux ]

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
By the way, Chagas is a tropical/sub-tropical diesease spread by an insect which bites sensitive areas, poops a parasite into them, and goes merrily on its way.
When the "host" scratches the itch, the parasite enters the "wound."
Apparently, 20,000 people die of it annually, mainly in Latin America and the southern regions of North America.
The insect likes to bite human faces, but also happily munches on sensitive nether regions.
Peeing on a compost heap might bring on a close encounter with Chagas.
Wouldn't that piss you off?

--------------------

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You are ALL sick.

Go to McDonalds ya freaks.

AtB, Pyx_e

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't worry, Chamois, there'll always be a place for you on this man's fishing boat.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Faux:
Being a man, if I don't get a grip on myself when I pee, as Chamois suggest/demands, I might miss the compost heap entirely.

Wrong!

You have clearly never heard of the shewee.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Whereas I have never heard of a woman who can reliably and successfully use a shewee

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Snags:
Whereas I have never heard of a woman who can reliably and successfully use a shewee

You have asked?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:

And you'd find that both men and women have both supposedly "male" and "female" hormones. Women have more of some hormones, men more of others, but we all have the same ones. We differ in the ways our cells respond to the same hormones.

And because there is a large variation between individuals in the amounts of sec hormones they have - in fact a huge variation - a man who releases lots of sex hormones may have more supposedly female hormones than many women do. And vice versa.

And because the quantity of sex hormones produced by women tends to decline faster in middle age than the quantity produced my men, men in their fifties and sixties quite often have more so-called female hormones than women of the same age do.

And you'd also find that all the birds and the bees and the little furry animals and the creepy-crawlies have hormones too. (Though invertebrates have different ones from us). And plants have hormones. And ferns even release their sperm into the soil in large quantities where they swim around. So its all going on out there whether you piss in your garden or not.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Boogie, not often, but I know a few who have tried and reported their findings, asked or otherwise.

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, two things:

1. What kind of knuckle-dragging moron passing for a scientist believes that, after 1-2 million years of evolution (depending who you ask), in which only about 200 of those years involve people using toilets, the earth's biosystem hasn't learned to cope with human female pee?

2. For God's sake, don't get anyone started about peeing in the shower. People flip right the hell out over that.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Women's pee? Load of old cock.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are only two kinds of people in the world.

People who admit they pee in the shower

and

dirty rotten liars.

I think the whole fight about hormones in urine is a tempest in a peepot.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
For God's sake, don't get anyone started about peeing in the shower. People flip right the hell out over that.

My wife and I have taken to showering together, perhaps this is why the hair on my legs has stopped growing.

AtB Pyx_e

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
You have clearly never heard of the shewee.

And right now I'm wishing I hadn't.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

It's how people who lisp call hogs, Balaam.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
She sits among the cabbages and peas...

In the city where I live, up until quite recently (historically speaking) you would be quite grateful if the compost heap was the only place drenched in piss (Gardy loo!). It has variously been used for tanning leather, fulling cloth, washing the face and cleaning the teeth (note the presence of 'urea' in certain skin creams to this day).

So, be Piss Proud. Widdle on your veggies to your heart's content (though maybe steer clear of the globe artichoke) and dinnae get your knickers in a twist.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I once heard a theory that it was how Stradivarius treated the wood which gave his violins such a wonderful sound -- but I assume that was his own (male) pee.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Faux:
Being a man ...

We r in ur compost heaps, writing our names

[Razz]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
St Deird
Shipmate
# 7631

- Posted      Profile for St Deird   Author's homepage   Email St Deird   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've never found it difficult to pee standing up, even without a "urination device".

They're called hands. You use them to direct the flow of urine. Messy, but practical.

--------------------
They're not hobbies; they're a robust post-apocalyptic skill-set.

Posts: 319 | From: the other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This has got to be one of the stranger hell threads ever.

Is pee really that good for compost? I would never have thought of it.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Women's pee? Load of old cock.

And you're a piss artist.
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No one would want to pee in the compost if they already had lots of the proper chemicals with the right pH and all, ready to hand, for free. But, why bother going to buy the stuff when your kidneys can make urea and stuff?

Save the money to buy a good beer so you can make some more free urinary heap-activator.

Why am I suddenly thinking of Uriah Heep?

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemrw:

Apparently Gardeners' Question Time on Radio 4 swears by it.
Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemrw:

Apparently Gardeners' Question Time on Radio 4 swears by it.
It's the major alternative to phosophate rock, and mining phosphate is an environmentally messy business. So definitely there's something to be said for urine as fertilizer.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

- Posted      Profile for Steve H   Email Steve H   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One of the compost books I recommended on that heavenly thread mentions the idea that female urine is no good, but only to dismiss it. What nonsense! piss is piss. The late, Sainted Lawrence Hills, doyen of organic gardeners, called it "Household liquid compost activator".
Grammatica - compost activator, not fertiliser.

[ 03. June 2012, 05:54: Message edited by: Steve H ]

--------------------
Hold to Christ, and for the rest, be totally uncommitted.
Herbert Butterfield.

Posts: 439 | From: Hemel Hempstead, Herts | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

- Posted      Profile for Steve H   Email Steve H   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_urination_device]We r in ur compost heaps, writing our names[/URL]

[Razz]

TMI!

--------------------
Herbert Butterfield.

fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now I'll be looking at all my neighbours and wondering when and if they squat on the compost heap every day. Can't say it's an image that puts women in a better light.

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
Can't say it's an image that puts women in a better light.

That comment makes me want to pee on every leaf pile I come across. Why should I give a shit what light someone puts me in?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love the Ship!

This thread is communal comedy genius at work. A rant to raise laughter levels and endanger keyboards from spluttered coffee - all around the world.

God is good. You naughty people, you. Thanks.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
I love the Ship!

This thread is communal comedy genius at work. A rant to raise laughter levels and endanger keyboards from spluttered coffee - all around the world.

God is good. You naughty people, you. Thanks.

This is hell - you're supposed to call people pathetic wankers and tell them to fuck off, not congratulate them!

--------------------
Herbert Butterfield.

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
This is hell - you're supposed to call people pathetic wankers and tell them to fuck off, not congratulate them!

Who pissed on your chips?

--------------------

Steve H
Shipmate
# 17102

quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
quote:

Who pissed on your chips?
That's more like it! [Devil]

--------------------
Herbert Butterfield.

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
2. For God's sake, don't get anyone started about peeing in the shower. People flip right the hell out over that.

Jeez, it's the same drain [Roll Eyes]

[Razz]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

My compost heap isn't doing well just now, I thought it was just a case of the wrong worms ...

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That male urine and female urine have slightly different composition is a basic biological fact. Deal with it.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

Jeez, it's the same drain [Roll Eyes]

[Razz]

Tell me!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve H:
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_urination_device]We r in ur compost heaps, writing our names[/URL]

[Razz]

TMI!
How did you manage to fuck up a perfectly good URL?

It was fine when you started out. Wanker.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Tell me!

Just did! [Razz]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

I'm getting the suppressed verse from Annie Get Your Gun

...I can bio a way better mass
I can piss flowers right out of my ass
No you can't
Yes I can....

Inger
Shipmate
# 15285

- Posted      Profile for Inger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's women's pee, and then there's women's pee.
Posts: 332 | From: Newcastle, UK | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What about men who eat asparagus in spring and then pee green with a stinky old-socks pee? They should be barred from the compost.

Far more men than women react to the consumption of asparagus by exuding volatile compounds such as

Methanethiol
Dimethyl sulfide
Dimethyl disufide
Dimethyl sulfoxide
Dimethyl sulfone

In other words, sulphurous men.

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016