homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » You know you're ..... when

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: You know you're ..... when
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Simple game.

To a given topic give the answer. The person who answers sets the next topic.

Example tired.

You know when you're tired when you get to the baggage claim and can't remember where you've come from.

Next topic bored.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're bored when a game of "I spy..." actually sounds like a good idea.

Next: too well-educated

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're too well educated when you can play anagrams with your degrees.

Next: in love

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're in love when the fortune cookie tells you so.

Old

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're old when football coaches look young.

Next topic: drunk

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're drunk when absolutely nothing worries you.

lost

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're lost when you stop in the middle of nowhere and the sat-nav says "Where the ***k are we" ?

< thanks to Hugh Dennis >

wet

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're wet when your blood stream has tides.

confused

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you are confused when you are a Premier League Soccer fan, cheering for the New York Yankees.

enigmatic

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you are enigmatic when you are a coin operated code breaking machine.

smitten

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're smitten when you discover that funny feeling in your chest is from an arrow from Cupid's quiver.

a klutz

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

You know you're a klutz when even a simple task like typing on a laptop usually goes all wronhg.

an insomniac

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're an insomniac when you can stay awake watching daytime TV.

a management consultant

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

beachcomber
Shipmate
# 17294

- Posted      Profile for beachcomber   Email beachcomber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you are a management consultant when your unrealistic but persuasive-sounding ideas bring in a large advance in $$ or ££.

arrived

[ 29. August 2012, 14:32: Message edited by: beachcomber ]

--------------------
Helen-Eva:'This is all really interesting and intensely confusing stuff and I am now bewildered in a much more informed way than I was before.'

Posts: 144 | From: bagdad cafe | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you have arrived when brand new apprentices want to be just like you.

Loquacious

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're loquacious when you are talkative, garrulous, voluble, chatty, gabby... when you would never use 1 word when 27 would do.

Alternatively
You know you're loquacious when you can not only talk the hind-legs off a donkey but you can persuade it to go for a walk afterwards... (with thanks to the great Douglas Adams)

Holy

AFZ

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

You know you're holy when... Well, um... I imagine you never know when you're holy.

a political extremist

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you are a political extremist when you kill your wife for the insurance money to fund a coup d'etat.

an artistic genius

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're an Artistic Genius when everyone says you're terrible and you cut your ear off to send to a woman.*

*Off course you might just be terrible and mad so I guess that does't quite work....

not working hard enough

--------------------
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

You know you're not working hard enough when the dishes refuse to wash themselves.

an incompetent photographer

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're an incompetent photographer when no one in the group shot has a whole head (unless it's a group of zombies, maybe).

you've got too much money

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

You know you've got too much money when the Scientologists ask you to join.

you're an anarchist

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

beachcomber
Shipmate
# 17294

- Posted      Profile for beachcomber   Email beachcomber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
you're an anarchist when your arachnids go native.

you re a sceptic

[ 30. August 2012, 14:59: Message edited by: beachcomber ]

--------------------
Helen-Eva:'This is all really interesting and intensely confusing stuff and I am now bewildered in a much more informed way than I was before.'

alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

You know you're a sceptic when you don't know anything...

Ahh but that means, you don't know you're a sceptic....

That means you don't know anything... So that means you can know you're a sceptic...

Oh my head hurts...
[Help]

A New Man

--------------------
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

You know you're a New Man when you wake up in post-op after the sex-change surgery and the doctor says everything went well.

finally rid of that cold

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

You know you're finally rid of that cold when you break your leg.

you need to go shopping.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

pjl
Shipmate
# 16929

- Posted      Profile for pjl   Email pjl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You need to go shopping when your food in the
fridge has new life forms growing on them

Need to wash the car

Posts: 576 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
beachcomber
Shipmate
# 17294

Need to wash the car

You know you need to wash car when you can no longer see through the windows and end up feeling your way along the road.

up feeling your way

[ 31. August 2012, 11:58: Message edited by: beachcomber ]

--------------------

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're up feeling your way when you're scratching your head after a post like that.

Sane

--------------------
How do you know when a politician is lying?
His lips are moving.

Danny DeVito

Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know you're sane when all your multiple personalities all agree with you and each other.

Fleah-eating zombie

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
beachcomber
Shipmate
# 17294

You know you are a Fleah-eating zombie when you come too and find your napkin covered in Fleah be nights and Fleah juice.

zombie-eating Fleah

[ 01. September 2012, 16:19: Message edited by: beachcomber ]

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016