homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What's on the pew sheet

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: What's on the pew sheet
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

- Posted      Profile for Percy B   Email Percy B   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is a bit of a follow up to the thread on getting to know you at church. That's why I have posted here, but if All Ss is not the right place please could a kindly host send it to its right home.

It's about the pew sheet. We find ours isn't that well read, but it takes time and effort to produce. We put the Gospel reading for the Eucharist on it, as well as notices and details of worship coming up.

So...

What gets people's interest and attention? What is to be avoided?

Is it worth spending a lot of time on it or is it better actually to do a simple list quickly done?

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Posts: 582 | From: Nudrug | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm closing this thread as really it is another angle on the many communications threads we have had recently - if you start a general Communications in Church or whatever thread that will be fine then I can close the Facebook, Twitter, etc. threads as well. We do not need endless thread proliferation like this.

Thanks.

WW
All Saints Host.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016